PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh squad fo the 1st test.

pagol-chagol
February 25, 2006, 10:08 AM
Bangladesh have recalled teenage batsman Mushfiqur Rahim in a 15-man squad for the two-test series against Sri Lanka, the Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Saturday.

Mushfiqur, who made his test debut against England last year, led Bangladesh in the Under-19 World Cup which ended in Sri Lanka last week.

Fast bowler Mashrafe Mortaza is to be rested and misses the series.

The first test starts in Chittagong on Feb. 28 and the second will be played in Bogra.

Squad: Habibul Bashar (captain), Khaled Mashud, Shahriar Nafees, Javed Omar, Nafees Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Rajin Saleh, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Rafique, Enamul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Syed Rasel, Tapash Baisya, Shahadat Hossain.

Cricketnext

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 10:12 AM
Shahadat Hossain is fit for the test ? That is also surprising for us.If he was fit why they did not select him for ODI ?

zmahbub
February 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
Go to see Shahadat back...

aosaif
February 25, 2006, 10:28 AM
Selectors possibly pulled a potential blunder by including Alok Kapali. However, since masri ain't in anymore, we might have to rely on more spin options to bowl the lankans out.

aosaif
February 25, 2006, 12:08 PM
Oh and i forgot my main point,

So we've re-started the age-old policy of inducting U-19 players to our test squad?

Still, mushfiq, i believe, has exceptional quality, and may prove a point or two. let's see.

reza_15
February 25, 2006, 02:02 PM
With shahadat and taposh in the bowling line-up it wouldn't be very unusual that srilanka will make a giant score.

shamster
February 25, 2006, 03:30 PM
I think the selectors are looking to the fact that Hossain and Rasel played well against the Lankans last year.

I think the XI will be:

1. Javed O
2. Shahriar N
3. Habibul Bashar
4. M Ashraful
5. Rahim
6. Aftab
7. Masud
8. Rafque
9. Rasel
10.Hossain
11. Enamul

pilot fan
February 25, 2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by shamster
I think the selectors are looking to the fact that Hossain and Rasel played well against the Lankans last year.

I think the XI will be:

1. Javed O
2. Shahriar N
3. Habibul Bashar
4. M Ashraful
5. Rahim
6. Aftab
7. Masud
8. Rafque
9. Rasel
10.Hossain
11. Enamul ree

i agree wiith this team in principle but i woul irajd like to somehow get rajin in

rudro
February 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
shahadat and taposh - get ready for figures like

22 -0 -176- 1
26 - 1- 155-3

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 07:22 PM
Trust me.. Rajib will be doing much much better than Taposh.............. I really hope.. Rajib and Russel makes into the first 11. Btw.. I am surprised too.. if rajib is fit to play in the test.. why the hell. he wasnt selected for 3rd ODI..........crazyyyyy!!!!

mahrookh
February 25, 2006, 07:29 PM
Tapash' economy is alright in the tests but in odi he's shocking :)

mshakir56
February 25, 2006, 07:38 PM
We have to wait and see how our future captain, Musfiqur Rahim performs in this test.

mshakir56
February 25, 2006, 07:40 PM
We have to wait and see how our future captain, Musfiqur Rahim performs in this test.

mahrookh
February 25, 2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56

He's not our future captain . It would be "Ashraful" .

Rubu
February 25, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'm more than scared about our pace attack now. 12 over centurian shahadat is just back from an injury. result: 10 over century. taposh is disappointing me everyday. he just lost it somewhere. what happened to him? Rasel is the only one to depend on.

we better start with four prong spin. :yawn:

mahrookh
February 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
I'm more than scared about our pace attack now. 12 over centurian shahadat is just back from an injury. result: 10 over century. taposh is disappointing me everyday. he just lost it somewhere. what happened to him? Rasel is the only one to depend on.

we better start with four prong spin. :yawn:

Nazmul would have been a better choice for the last odi but they stcked on Tapash . Tapash's economy doesn't look that bad in the tests . Shahdat needs to do real good . To win against kenya is more important than this test series against Srilanka . So , it' a great move by the selectors :)

sabbir ahmad
February 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
Tusar Imran............. ki karona bad porlo?:mad:

karimjay.
February 26, 2006, 02:20 AM
Err. Where's Mashrafe?

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 7:21 AM GMT, by Jkrulz.

Duck
February 26, 2006, 02:54 AM
What Alok Kapali instead of Musfiqur Rahim? Just to strengthen and our bowling, since Mashree is not in the squad. No doubt, we wont be able to get SL all out in the 4 innings of two tests! I really want to see how Enamul Haque bowls against the Lankan batsmen. Lots depends on his and Rafiq's performance, not only by taking the wickests, but by bowling the bulk amount of overs!

BanCricFan
February 26, 2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Jkrulz
Err. Where's Mashrafe?

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 7:21 AM GMT, by Jkrulz.

Welcome aboard!...Mashrafe is rested as a precaution.

BanCricFan
February 26, 2006, 07:08 AM
This is my side:

Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Basher
Mohammad Ashraful Matin
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Tapash Baisya/Shahadat
Sayed Rassel
Enamul Haque

Mushfiqur Rahim (12th man)

Mushfiq plays the 2nd test if someone fails miserably!

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 12:11 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.

sadi
February 26, 2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BanCricFan
This is my side:

Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Basher
Mohammad Ashraful Matin
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Tapash Baisya/Shahadat
Sayed Rassel
Enamul Haque

yep thats the eleven

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 4:22 PM GMT, by sadi.

fishyguy
February 26, 2006, 12:53 PM
Anyone but Tapash please......

ANYONE!!!

TheWatcher
February 26, 2006, 04:09 PM
Prothom Alo said the wicket will be grassy to protect our batters from Murali-Bandara. I have a feeling that the team will use the same combination as they did in the last Test innings against Lanka i.e. sending JO and Iqbal to grind first few overs and protecting SN at #4.

imran78
February 26, 2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BanCricFan
This is my side:

Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Basher
Mohammad Ashraful Matin
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Tapash Baisya/Shahadat
Sayed Rassel
Enamul Haque

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 12:11 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.

i wont have kapali in the team. if rafiq and enamul cant get the lankans out an extra part time bowler will be of no help. i would rather play a 6th batsman in his position. either rahim or shahreer nafees (with nafis iqbal opening). both rahim and iqbal will perform better battingwise than kapali IMO.

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
it's sad that we don't have a third pacer who we could send in in times like this, and expect pretty much the same service as our first and second choices. i'm not sure how good an idea this is, but resting masri has probably just eliminated any chance we might have had to create any sort of pressure on the lankan batsmen early in the inning. rasel may be good, but he's still not the ideal test opener, imo. i think we've just created the opportunity for the sri lankans to settle down with a couple of leaves and blocks against rasel and a few boundaries against whoever it is that'll be accompanying him, and go on to score big.

Cricket46
February 26, 2006, 07:31 PM
This is my side with options (not in exact batting order):

1. Javed Omar
2. Nafees Iqbal/Rajin/Kapali
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Aftab
7. Khaled Mashud
8. Rafique
9. Tapash/Shahadat
10. Sayed Rassel
11. Enamul Haque

If we have a defensive mindset we should have N. Iqbal or Rajin. Rajin can stick it out there, and that helps in test matches. And of course he bowls a little bit and his fielding is top notch. Else, if we want to have more bowling options then we should have Kapali. He is not in too bad a form, judging from the ODIs.

IanW
February 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
With Masrafee injured, that'd be my side as well.

Ian Whitchurch