PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Pilot?

pagol-chagol
February 25, 2006, 10:12 AM
Is he falling?

He droppe Sangarkarra's catch at 16 and that may be the number 1 reason we lost this game. Many boundaries behind him. Is he losing it?

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 10:22 AM
Is there any competitor for him? Rahim is still growing and Pilot seems sometimes rusty to me

Spitfire_x86
February 25, 2006, 10:33 AM
It was Jayawardane's catch, not Sangakara's. And it's the only mistake he had made in this match. He couldn't do anything about the boundaries behind him. SL batsmen were lucky.

Depending on how Mushfiq Rahim plays in the next one year, we have to think about replacing him after 2007 World Cup.

SMHasan
February 25, 2006, 10:41 AM
But can you remember his stunning catch in the 2nd ODI? He is still good behind the wicket.Considering we all are human being and we make mistake so thus he can.

Fortuner
February 25, 2006, 11:53 AM
I feel its time for us to bring Rahim for ODI and test....Rahim bats better than Mashud....or do u guys think after 1 or 2 yrs we bring him...

Hatebreed
February 25, 2006, 12:05 PM
I think Rahim should be given a chance in this test series to see if he can make a positive difference

Sami
February 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
Why are you guys so worried about Pilot? Even the best makes mistakes.

Anyways, like I have so many times said before, its not at all a good idea to bring in a young player like Rahim into the national side so quickly. We keep doing that and thus putting the players in unnecessary pressure. Rahim is being groomed well here, why make it hard for him all of a sudden. Let him settle into the groove. We have much bigger plans for him. No?

reza_15
February 25, 2006, 02:15 PM
i think it was a bad day for him but don't forget that he did a good job in the 2nd ODI

BanglaCool
February 26, 2006, 02:25 AM
rahim is a better batsman than pilot.
We can give rahim 1/2 one dayers against kenya to see how he goes. This will also give pilot some break from his incessant duties and bring in him a sense of more caution.

fwullah
February 26, 2006, 10:44 AM
I think that would be a bad idea bringing such an inexperienced player like Rahim in such a vital series against Kenya.

However, we can give Pilot a rest in the test series, say against Australia as Pilot has nothing to prove individually against them, whereas a good performance vs. Australia by a young lad like Mushfiq will do a world of good for him and his future.

If you insist, I am even ready to put Mushfiq in against Australia in the ODI series also, provided that we plan to play Mushfiq in the world cup.

However, if there is no such plan to play Mushfiq even as the 13th or 14th player during the world cup, then I say that we give Mushfique a break for a while and see how he performs in the coming up test series for the next one year, and then we'll take it from there.

pagol-chagol
February 26, 2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BanglaCool
We can give rahim 1/2 one dayers against kenya to see how he goes. This will also give pilot some break from his incessant duties and bring in him a sense of more caution.

Kenya is too important to experiment against. Pilot's experience is vital for that series.

sadi
February 26, 2006, 11:25 AM
pilot will be there till the end of world cup... musfiq should be in the squad though in the meantime to learn things from him and play 1/2 games here and there as the wk

mafizraju
February 26, 2006, 12:01 PM
Mushfiq can be tested very easily in the A team games and age group games for another 3-4 years. he is 17 now and then he will be 20 and pilot 32-33. Then he can be with pilot for another 2 years playing as backup wicket keeper on and off and learning from pilot... and only then the idea of dropping pilot should come

mrkabir80
February 26, 2006, 12:39 PM
all we like pilot but he should do some good score as a bats man

look dhoni in india team , kamran akmal in pak,a gilcrist australia sagakara for sirilanka

now i think you guys have some feeling that wicket keeper not only a keeper but also do batsman

my concern we have our oppurtunity now so give some chance to rahim and prepared him as a real wicket keeper batsman

i remember when dhoni came into india team his performance was not that good

one match harbajan was yealling him

now look where dhoni is seating

Ahmed_B
February 26, 2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe something wrong with us, fans...!

one or two mistakes and we start asking questions what's wrong with some player.. even if he is among the more dependable ones! As if we have the luxury of shuffling players around any time !

Mamundo
February 26, 2006, 01:16 PM
Nothings wrong with Pilot at the moment.

Gilchrist dropped so many catches during the Ashes and didn't score anything. So if the Aussies didn't panic when Gilchrist had a horrible time in their most important series, why should we worry about 1 single dropped catch.

And about Pilot's batting, at his position I don't think he can do much. If the top-order does well then he can guide the team to victory, but usually he just gets the team to a respectable score after the blunders of the top-order.

Mamundo
February 26, 2006, 11:47 PM
I just saw the highlights of the second game.

I am pretty sure BD would have lost tht game had it been someone else other than Pilot behind the stumps.

The take on the leg side to get Sangakara out was beautifull. I bet Sangakara contacted him after the game for some lessons :)

thebest
February 27, 2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
I think that would be a bad idea bringing such an inexperienced player like Rahim in such a vital series against Kenya.

However, we can give Pilot a rest in the test series, say against Australia as Pilot has nothing to prove individually against them, whereas a good performance vs. Australia by a young lad like Mushfiq will do a world of good for him and his future.

If you insist, I am even ready to put Mushfiq in against Australia in the ODI series also, provided that we plan to play Mushfiq in the world cup.

However, if there is no such plan to play Mushfiq even as the 13th or 14th player during the world cup, then I say that we give Mushfique a break for a while and see how he performs in the coming up test series for the next one year, and then we'll take it from there.

I like this. Sounds good. Kenya series is too imporatnt to experiment. And droping him for one or two (he dropped also in first match) would dent his confidence just like Taposh.

abherath
February 27, 2006, 01:25 AM
Pilot is still a very good wicketkeeper.

Also, he can bat.

Most of all, his experience, maturity and big match temperament make him a more than useful team member.

Lasker
February 27, 2006, 01:58 AM
Please don't spoil Rahim bringing him to national side now, let him play some more international and first class cricket for U19, U23, A team and divisinal team. We need the youngsters to be matured and then play for national side. This may help us to get a consistent performer rather than being so called talented player who clicks once in 10 matches.

yaseer
February 27, 2006, 03:57 AM
Come on...........i cant beleive we are talking about replacing Pilot.
give it a break.......somalochona korar o ekta shima thaka dorkar......asole amra dat thakte dater morjada bujhi na...

Pilot is the heart of Bangladesh team.

yaseer
February 27, 2006, 05:43 AM

You must be kidding.......How do u know???

M.Rahim is playing against 19 year old teen-agers for a year and Pailot is playing international cricket for 11 years....How you compare their batting??

You can say, "Rahim has the potential to become a better batsman than Pilot in the future."

tanvir_nus
February 27, 2006, 05:54 AM
u r kidding me rite? Watch the 2nd ODI win, not only the catch as was mentioned but also a run-out of Bandara happenned solely because of his briliiance as a keeper. I agree his batting has not been in the best of touches now. But he has always been a consisten performer of bangladesh. We need to atleast give him some time to settle down his problems, if at all he needs. I am sure he is going to perform soon enough.

Rahim is only 18/19 for heaven's sake. Replacing pilot will be a huge risk. And eventhough I have no doubt about his talent he sure needs time to come and replace pilot. I won't be worried till about 3 years from now. Rahim will be fully matured, and pilot will be on his way to retirement. Remember the world cup is coming, and the team selection should always keep in mind that and groom them for it. Changing the balance does not help.

chyicarus
February 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
I actually don't understand the hypocrisy of some of us Banglacricket fans.
When Rashid Latif dropped Alok Kapali in that match and not admit it- we, the Bangladeshi fans, jumped on him and called for his head.
A very similar incident happened on the 2nd ODI and we just pretended to look the other way. Some even say that, it was a low catch and there was no way of verifying it from KM Pilot's angle!
B**lS***!!!!

Beamer
February 27, 2006, 03:42 PM
Is it me, or it seems like Pilot keeps coming lower and lower down the order in every game ( ODI's )! His keeping standard has gone down significantly. Also, had a very indifferent domestic season. On a downward curve for sure...

Fazal
February 27, 2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by yaseer

You must be kidding.......How do u know???

M.Rahim is playing against 19 year old teen-agers for a year and Pailot is playing international cricket for 11 years....How you compare their batting??

You can say, "Rahim has the potential to become a better batsman than Pilot in the future."

... yes you cannot say for fact that rahim is a better batsman than pilot unless you let him play for the national team.

Practically that is the only stumbling block ... to make it from "what we know" to "becoming a fact"...

..... goodf for Pilot fans and bad for Rahim fans that Rahim will not get the chance to make it a concrete fact as its looks like the selectors are again rejecting him and selected old scrubs like Rajin, Alok and Nafis Iqbal (none of them are in test playing form) ....