PDA

View Full Version : Kenya in Bangladesh: 4 match ODI series

TheWatcher
February 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=9&Date=2006-02-26) said BCCB is planning following schedule for Kenya-

1st ODI: 17 March, Bogura
2nd ODI: 20 March, Khulna
3rd ODI: 23 March, Fatullah
4th ODI: 25 March, Fatullah

Clive Lloyd, the match referee for the SL-BD Test series, will inspect Fatullah after the first Test, and BCCB is highly hopeful that the venue will get the approval this time.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 9:33 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

shamster
February 25, 2006, 03:35 PM
I hope Kenya Beat Zimbabwe (I know Zim won 1st by 8 wickets) if Kenya wins then Kenya goes ahead of Zim/BG in ranking. and when BG beat Kenya they will earn more points as Kenya was in high position ?

Am i right in thinking this ?

bdmoderator
February 25, 2006, 04:48 PM
Will any channel telecast these matches?

gravitY
February 25, 2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bdmoderator
Will any channel telecast these matches?

dilmatv perhaps! .. not webcasting though.. slide show.

Rubu
February 25, 2006, 07:57 PM
LOL gravity. thats a good one. its not webcasting its slide show!!! :up:

mahrookh
February 25, 2006, 08:01 PM
BTV only webcast these matches :) So , noone else on the internet :)

Bat-PadTogether
February 25, 2006, 08:47 PM
If somebody webcast from Bangladesh on winamp.I have BTV World on my digital streams from satelite,this channel doesnt show cricket.Its BTV:down::down:

gravitY
February 25, 2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
If somebody webcast from Bangladesh on winamp.I have BTV World on my digital streams from satelite,this channel doesnt show cricket.Its BTV:down::down:

why not all of us send email to BTVWorld (if they have one:duh: )and ask them to telecast the match!! i know they'd not care, but lets take a chance.

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 3:15 AM GMT, by gravitY.

cricketboy
February 25, 2006, 10:54 PM
I hope atleast we can audio from paltalk. :bald:

Duck
February 26, 2006, 01:22 AM
I am worried about the complacency from BD players! The way we perform.....with every win or good performance in one series ensures that the immediate next one gets bad. If they become overconfidence or complacent about their recent win over SL, they may mess up with Kenya! I wish this will not be the case.

In other words, it would be good for the next BD-Aussie series then!:o

mafizraju
February 26, 2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Dak_Pion
I am worried about the complacency from BD players! The way we perform.....with every win or good performance in one series ensures that the immediate next one gets bad. If they become overconfidence or complacent about their recent win over SL, they may mess up with Kenya! I wish this will not be the case.

In other words, it would be good for the next BD-Aussie series then!:o

you have a point to worry bout

cricketboy
February 26, 2006, 03:11 AM
I am afraid of Tikolo. He is a matchwinner and knows the condition of Bangladesh very well. Have to contain him to win. :sorry:

ajithlalm
February 26, 2006, 04:34 AM
Watching to know which team is better Bangladesh or Kenya. Both team are equal I think.

Can make ashes like with Kenya or Zimbabwe, i.e., playing against them or one of the country every 2 year.

Spitfire_x86
February 26, 2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by cricketboy
I am afraid of Tikolo. He is a matchwinner and knows the condition of Bangladesh very well. Have to contain him to win. :sorry:
Tikolo has scored 98 from 75 balls today in the 2nd ODI against Zimbabwe :(

Zobair
February 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
Naah! Nothing short of a 4-0 demolition of Kenya would satisfy me! I don't think, given our history, we are going to take them lightly. Be prepared to see some serious fireworks from Aftab in this series.

Zobair
February 26, 2006, 10:36 AM
Anyone know where I can follow the ZIM-KEN matches. W-CI doesn't seem to have it.

cricman
February 26, 2006, 12:44 PM
Oh God Tikolo explodes for 98 as Kenya wins

reinausagi
February 26, 2006, 12:56 PM
I am afraid of Tikolo. He is a matchwinner and knows the condition of Bangladesh very well.

Judging by the fact that Tikolo was the only one to finish his alloted overs in the first KEN-ZIM ODI, he may be backbone of their bowling as well... The good news is: we all know teamwork will defeat the one-man-gang team any day.

didit
February 26, 2006, 01:04 PM
it'll be very interesting, and a good gauge of our progress. We've only beaten them once out of 8 outings? If that is so, well, we've certainly got our work cut out for us.

1 out of 8? wow. we HAVE to win this convincingly!

sadi
February 26, 2006, 01:11 PM
if they have a matchwinner in tikolo, we have two in aftab and ash... the only difference is they are not that consistent... but still it will be a very interesting and we should win it 3-1

Fortuner
February 26, 2006, 01:52 PM
I challenge the Bangaldeshi cricket team to score 300 plus run against Kenya atleast if not against a test team.

Even if they win the match and cant score 300plus, i would say still these guys are not fully up to test mark....

I always wonder why cant we ever score 300 run.

Kenya, Zimbabwe and even Holland have score 300 plus more than once. Our heighest score against team has been 285 only and that too against USA. Against such a team we can score that much only. Then what will we scre against other teams. Even against Kenya we cant. If we can our cricketers need to show that to us.....

cricketboy
February 26, 2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Zobair
Anyone know where I can follow the ZIM-KEN matches. W-CI doesn't seem to have it.

Here is the scorecard. By the way where is Ravindu SHah and Hitesh MOdi, Collins Obuya the legspinner? :yawn:

rafiq
February 26, 2006, 03:11 PM
Zimbabwe and Kenya are both pathetic. We will crush them with the U-19 team. You heard it here first. :fanflag:

ajithlalm
February 26, 2006, 03:14 PM
More games against associate countries, certainly we will score more than 300 one day

Fortuner
February 26, 2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ajithlalm
More games against associate countries, certainly we will score more than 300 one day

Hey...r u from Bangladesh or India???

Not being rude but coz u say WE in ur sentence :lol:

Mridul
February 26, 2006, 04:15 PM
Hmm...its a 4 match series....i think BCB did so on purpose....the most likly result will be 2-2. If it would have been 5 or 3 match series, Kenya would win by 3-2 or 2-1. The only way BD can win the series if BD players show consistent positive performance, especially in batting, in the test series against Srilanka.

sar2005
February 26, 2006, 05:32 PM
Meanwhile, Kenya has won todays match against zim.

Steve Tikolo smashed a stunning 98 off 75 balls as Kenya levelled their five-match one-day series against Zimbabwe with a convincing 79-run win at Bulawayo - Cricinfo

sunniath
February 26, 2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by sar2005
Meanwhile, Kenya has won todays match against zim.

Steve Tikolo smashed a stunning 98 off 75 balls as Kenya levelled their five-match one-day series against Zimbabwe with a convincing 79-run win at Bulawayo - Cricinfo
ulta palta khelle khobor ase bd team er.r tikalo to bd'r green card holder er shoman.bd bowler er pedani khaowar besh bhalo chance ase jodi thik moto ball na kore.

TheWatcher
February 26, 2006, 06:10 PM
Nah, I think BC members are too scared of Tikolo beyond reason, he is no Brian Lara. Playing club cricket against teams full of unexperienced rookies and playing international cricket are really two different things. Just don't let Taposh or Nazmul bowl against him, we will be ok.

Umar
February 26, 2006, 06:16 PM
Dont take Taposh like this C'mon.....What ever situation he is in...He has played his Role in England....and Look he was injured last few months too....C'mon be considerable to him......

But I dont think anything about Nazmul....its up to u :P

gravitY
February 26, 2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
Zimbabwe and Kenya are both pathetic. We will crush them with the U-19 team. You heard it here first. :fanflag:

i wish there was a match bet'n our U-19 vs Kenya, would have been interesting to see..

but Yes, we must restrict Tikolo. (btw, he didn't face Mashrafee, did he?) i'm not much worried abt anyone else! but we'll win the series insallah.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 12:13 AM GMT, by gravitY.

gravitY
February 26, 2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Umar
Dont take Taposh like this C'mon.....What ever situation he is in...He has played his Role in England....and Look he was injured last few months too....C'mon be considerable to him......

But I dont think anything about Nazmul....its up to u :P

I agree with you! Taposh is very hard worker, he knows his limitation and works accordingly. he had a bad day on saturday, but he did quite a lot for BD.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 12:12 AM GMT, by gravitY.

SMHasan
February 26, 2006, 10:43 PM
Some people say we will win the series 3-1 but my question is that we are not a bad team at all! So why not try to win by 4-0? We are a test team now and if we can't beat a team like kenya (I am not underestimating them) then why we are playing test cricket for last 5 yrs?

We should be optimistic, we have beaten Ausies, Indians, Lankans so we should be confident of winning against the kenyans. If we loose the series then it will be horrible for us. Then the bd bashers will rise again.

With due respect for Kenya I would say bangladesh should do a clean sweep, I mean they have to do that.

thebest
February 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by sherlockhomes
Some people say we will win the series 3-1 but my question is that we are not a bad team at all! So why not try to win by 4-0? We are a test team now and if we can't beat a team like kenya (I am not underestimating them) then why we are playing test cricket for last 5 yrs?

We should be optimistic, we have beaten Ausies, Indians, Lankans so we should be confident of winning against the kenyans. If we loose the series then it will be horrible for us. Then the bd bashers will rise again.

With due respect for Kenya I would say bangladesh should do a clean sweep, I mean they have to do that.

ditto:up::up:

We would crash them.

prasad
February 26, 2006, 11:17 PM
this will b one stunning series.but feel ken will miss maurice odumbe here.

Lasker
February 27, 2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by rafiq

Ha..i am sure U-19 or A team would definitely beat them, but i doubt about our National team. I still wonder how the previous matches result can be 1-6 against a team like Kenya. Hope it can upgrade this to 5-6 this time....

fy288
February 27, 2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by prasad
this will b one stunning series.but feel ken will miss maurice odumbe here.

Ditto.

But why are deciding to play only 4, surely 3 or evn 5 would be in the best interest of both nations, however it may not matter if BD wins 3-1 or 4-0 !!!!!!!!!!!

We got AUS in april as well, so i would like to BD rack up at least 300 or more against KENYA at least once in the forthcoming series, it is possible and even more so due to HOME advantage.

I for one is eagly awaiting for this series. JOY BANGLA!!!!!:flag:

dxmanbd
February 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
It is a prestige issue for Bangladesh to win the series with 4-0.
Anything else would be very painful. I am eagerly waiting for
the first white wash by BD TIGERS.

JOY BANGLADESH FOREVER!!!!!!!!:fanflag:

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2006, 09:28 AM
The record between Zim and BD is not 1-6 nor it is 1-4. The real stat is 4-8.

Bangladesh won in the 1986, 1990, 1997 (finals) ICC Trophy matches against Kenya. They also beat Kenya in 1998. On the other hand Kenya have won in 1994, 1997, 1998, 1997/98 (2 matches), 1998/99 (2 matches), and in the 2003 World Cup.

As for the results, too many questions has to be addressed at game time.
Winning the toss in Bogura.
The pitch at Fatullah. (2 matches)
Inexperience of Kenyan players in these environment.

oracle
February 27, 2006, 11:46 AM
Count me in as putting my money in to the possibility that Kenya may win 2 matches. Tikolo is a matchwinner and has seen off many a BD bowler. And Kenya should play Tests soon.

sadi
February 27, 2006, 11:50 AM
If Tikolo singlehandedly takes away the game from us, I have nothing to say. I mean it looks like kenya is a one man team and if we can't beat a one man army, then its really a shame for us. Remember, they have good players like Shah and Otieano but I didn't see them in the recent matches against Zimbabwe. Without them, we should beat Kenya comprehensively.

billah
February 27, 2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by oracle
Count me in as putting my money in to the possibility that Kenya may win 2 matches. Tikolo is a matchwinner and has seen off many a BD bowler. And Kenya should play Tests soon.

I think Kenya will lose all 4. They will be comprehensively beaten in at least 2 of them. Tikolo knows our bowlers, we also know Tikolo, his style, his weaknesses. It's a one-man show against a "team".

didit
February 27, 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by billah

I think Kenya will lose all 4. They will be comprehensively beaten in at least 2 of them. Tikolo knows our bowlers, we also know Tikolo, his style, his weaknesses. It's a one-man show against a "team".

i doubt they'll lose all 4.

tikolo knows our bowlers, but even if we know his style and weaknesses, he still is in the top 2-3 domestic run scorers. so apparently we don't know him as well as we should.

otieno is still playing (scored 74 in the first match against zimbabwe). kenya may have one superstar, but the others do pitch in, and they can score big innings, something our stars seem quite incapable of.

it doesn't matter is tikolo's seen mashrafe or not. did they play for the same team? either way, i'm sure they were playing at the same time at one point.

kenya should not get tests anytime soon because they don't have a first class league to speak of. they might do well, but without the infrastructure, they won't be granted test status.

this series should be very interesting. there is no way the u-19s or A team (unless BA makes a return) can beat kenya. u-19's top order collapses as much as ours, and our only strength there is in the spinners.

the only reason kenya might be relatively weaker now is that their board had been having problems, and they've been a bit short of match experience of late (hadn't played a while before zim). if they warm up well with zimbabwe, we have our work cut out for us.

we must win this at least 3-1 to have any semblance of credibility. we are winning this, riiight?

SS
February 27, 2006, 05:04 PM
I think from today Bd should think about how to do well with Kenya instead of playing with lanka, cuz we already lost to lanka so no point of pulling off our hair for this series anymore.

anakwalajinn
February 28, 2006, 02:00 PM
I like both teams, it will be a great series! :joy:

Umar
February 28, 2006, 02:09 PM
One question........HOW SURE IS THAT ........that Kaneya IS COMMING IN BD AFTER SRILANKAN SERIES???

They didnt even put the fixture up anywhere in internet...not even a single column about it in cricinfo.!!

if anyone knows any sources....instead of protom Alo and any other Bangla sites.........please provide the link..

TheWatcher
February 28, 2006, 11:14 PM
Here you go, Umar Bhai :)

CI: Kenya to play four ODIs in Bangladesh (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/239050.html)

Shafin
March 1, 2006, 11:54 AM
<pre>
Kenya in Zimbabwe, 2005-06, 3rd One-Day International
Zimbabwe v Kenya
Harare Sports Club
1 March 2006 (50-over match)

Result: Kenya won by 65 runs
Series: Kenya leads the 5-ODI series 2-1

Toss: Kenya
Umpires: RB Tiffin and TH Wijewardene (SL)
Match Referee: RS Mahanama (SL)
Man of the Match: TM Odoyo
Kenya innings (44 overs maximum) R M B 4 6
+KO Otieno c Taylor b Rainsford 13 53 38 2 0
MA Ouma lbw b Rainsford 12 37 19 2 0
AO Suji c Utseya b Strydom 6 19 11 0 0
*SO Tikolo c Masakadza b Ireland 9 17 14 2 0
TM Odoyo lbw b Utseya 9 21 12 1 0
T Mishra st Taylor b Higgins 17 39 36 1 0
JK Kamande lbw b Rainsford 17 51 50 1 0
DO Obuya c Duffin b Rinke 22 55 44 0 0
BJ Patel run out (Masakadza) 6 22 22 0 0
PJ Ongondo b Rinke 8 12 10 0 0
AS Luseno not out 1 2 3 0 0
Extras (lb 2, w 10, nb 2) 14
Total (all out, 42.5 overs) 134

FoW: 1-20 (Ouma), 2-37 (Otieno), 3-37 (Suji), 4-56 (Tikolo),
5-56 (Odoyo), 6-88 (Mishra), 7-99 (Kamande), 8-114 (Patel),
9-132 (Ongondo), 10-134 (Obuya).

Bowling O M R W
Rainsford 9 2 16 3
Ireland 7 1 37 1 (4w)
Strydom 5 0 28 1 (2nb,1w)
Utseya 9 4 11 1
Higgins 9 3 19 1 (1w)
Masakadza 2 0 10 0 (2w)
Rinke 1.5 0 11 2 (2w)

Zimbabwe innings (target: 135 runs from 44 overs) R M B 4 6
HP Rinke b Odoyo 2 2 3 0 0
*T Duffin c Otieno b Odoyo 8 37 15 0 0
H Masakadza lbw b Odoyo 0 17 15 0 0
+BRM Taylor c Otieno b Suji 33 62 50 6 0
CK Coventry c & b Ongondo 14 32 25 1 1
E Chigumbura c Otieno b Suji 1 13 3 0 0
GM Strydom lbw b Ongondo 0 3 2 0 0
R Higgins not out 0 23 12 0 0
K Meth lbw b Ongondo 4 11 10 0 0
P Utseya run out (Odoyo) 0 2 1 0 0
AJ Ireland b Ongondo 0 4 5 0 0
Extras (lb 1, w 2, nb 4) 7
Total (all out, 22.5 overs) 69

FoW: 1-3 (Rinke), 2-8 (Masakadza), 3-25 (Duffin),
4-52 (Coventry), 5-65 (Taylor), 6-65 (Chigumbura),
7-65 (Strydom), 8-69 (Meth), 9-69 (Utseya), 10-69 (Ireland).

Bowling O M R W
Odoyo 6 0 13 3 (1nb, 1w)
Luseno 6 0 25 0 (1w)
Ongondo 5.5 0 14 4 (1nb)
Suji 5 2 16 2 (2nb)

Zimbabwe full substitute: K Meth (EC Rainsford).

Kenya full substitute: DO Obuya (JS Ababu).

</pre>

What a match,kenya got zimbo's out for 69.

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 4:55 PM GMT, by Shark_fin.

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 5:05 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: formatted.

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 10:50 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: updated score

rudro
March 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
O my god! They won the match defending 134, thukku, 70?

Rubu
March 1, 2006, 12:50 PM
They way tikolo is going, I don't see any reason why we can't have a 4-0 sweep against them.

TheWatcher
March 1, 2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like BCCB will have to make spinning wickets for the Kenya series :)

Fortuner
March 1, 2006, 02:04 PM
I swear Kenyan's work damn hard...

Defending that small target....

Feeling really sacred about BD playing Kenya.....

I Hope Mashrafee to be fit for the 4 ODI series....and Aftab to be in form. Ash also....Rafique also...

arafath79
March 1, 2006, 03:40 PM
Bangladeshi batsmen still have got the problem playing out swing ball. They shouldn't take Kenya easily and they should be watchful about playing the ball out side the off stump even though it's Kenya !!!

sadat_04
March 1, 2006, 05:34 PM
Relax guys, its just Kenya, who gives a sh't about them anymore. We won the ICC trophy, we have a better cricket foundation at home and all the things are in place for future of cricket in Bangladesh and just take a look at our u-19 team. btw, Kenya can't even compete in u-19 tourney. anyone wonder why ?
comparing Bangladesh and Kenya now is just foolish, there was a time when they were better than us but now its a different era all toghether.

Have u guys seen who Kenya is playing against ? The zimba.. team is a joke, the captain never played an ODI before this series.
If you ask me its a waste of time for us to play Kenya at this time, we will gain nothing out of this other than some bragging rights (yes we will win the series, no question about it). We should always be playing better teams to better ourselves at this stage ( 5 years from now, things will change and we will do the same to weaker opponents at that time).
I say play full strength in the first two matches, win them and then rest players like masri for aussie series. we should beat them without our full strength any given day ( i realize this is cricket and accidents happen).
faltu topic. who's kenya ?
:mad:

sadi
March 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by sadat_04
Relax guys, its just Kenya, who gives a sh't about them anymore. We won the ICC trophy, we have a better cricket foundation at home and all the things are in place for future of cricket in Bangladesh and just take a look at our u-19 team. btw, Kenya can't even compete in u-19 tourney. anyone wonder why ?
comparing Bangladesh and Kenya now is just foolish, there was a time when they were better than us but now its a different era all toghether.

Have u guys seen who Kenya is playing against ? The zimba.. team is a joke, the captain never played an ODI before this series.
If you ask me its a waste of time for us to play Kenya at this time, we will gain nothing out of this other than some bragging rights (yes we will win the series, no question about it). We should always be playing better teams to better ourselves at this stage ( 5 years from now, things will change and we will do the same to weaker opponents at that time).
I say play full strength in the first two matches, win them and then rest players like masri for aussie series. we should beat them without our full strength any given day ( i realize this is cricket and accidents happen).

confidence bhalo, kinto eto confidence .......

SS
March 1, 2006, 06:08 PM

Do you watch cricket..and aware of Tikolo, Odoyo, Otieano,
Shah and others...they are like our players!!!

zmahbub
March 1, 2006, 06:08 PM

Now there is no difference between you and Ponting! I think we still should respect Kenyan until we win the series...
:fanflag:

joybangladesh
March 1, 2006, 07:07 PM
khela dekhar ki kono babostha ache? dilmatv ba willowtv or bangladeshlive ki dekhabe?

TheWatcher
March 2, 2006, 12:01 PM
Even after the defeat, Zim's coach find Kenya's bowling ordinary-
[quote]"Kenya have an ordinary attack. We were not bowled out. We gave it away. There is no excuse for playing like we did. The players can only blame themselves. It's total irresponsibility. We've seen the Kenyan bowling and it's not frightening."

- Kevin Curran

cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimvkenya/content/story/239301.html)

nayef
March 2, 2006, 01:06 PM
We shouldn't be worried about Kenya. They are a strong team and our record against them is pathetic to say the least. But after all these ODI wins and getting so much exposure, if we can't beat Kenya 4-0, we should suspend our players for a month!

Thats not overconfidence.. but what the approach should be. Those guys havent played a match since 2003 until now. Whereas we've taken down Aussies, India, SL in the meantime.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 6:08 PM GMT, by nayef.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 01:16 PM
I don't think we will be able to win it 4-0 and as long as we win the series 3-1 I would be happy........ Kenya is not a bad team at all and in their good day, they are capable of beating any team

nayan
March 2, 2006, 03:04 PM
if they continue to play the way they r playing at this moment, i dont see bangladesh winning the series. may be they will win a game! and if bd looses this series they should just just give up their test status them self and start playing icc trophy again. atleast the scorecard looks better when we play usa and canada. oh! no not canada! oops! i forgot last time we played against them we lost.

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 10:46 AM
Kenya's weakness against spin is exposed. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/fds/hi/statistics/cricket/scorecards/2006/3/12917/html/scorecard.stm)

Look who took most wickets against Kenya in today's match- Higgins is a leggie (fresh from U/19 team), Utseya offie, and Dabengwa SLA.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
nice..... kenya is reallty struggling with their batting which is a good thing...... after 134 now 122

Rubu
March 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
I read in this thread that if kenya did not win both the last 2 matches, then they do not qualify for champions trophy qualifier. they lost today. so, we are in? can someone clarify please.

Ejaj
March 3, 2006, 11:49 AM
hey guys.. stop worrying what will happen when keneya visits bd. just leave it for the time to come :)

gravitY
March 3, 2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Looks like BCCB will have to make spinning wickets for the Kenya series :)

and we have Rafiq and Enamul to rip thru Kenyan batting...

My prediction is 3-1 series win, if not 4-0.

Also I have a feeling that Aftab would brust in this series against Kenyan attack.

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 9:52 PM GMT, by gravitY.

gravitY
March 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by joybangladesh
khela dekhar ki kono babostha ache? dilmatv ba willowtv or bangladeshlive ki dekhabe?

vule jan.. khela dekhar kotha.. even if bdlive shows you could hardly feel it as a cricket match.. coz too many people flood in their server.

SS
March 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
AS we will loose the second test badly too i believe we should start thinking about this series from now on so that we also don't get another humiliation.

Tehsin
March 3, 2006, 10:14 PM
Kenya will play one team and one team only.
Bangladesh will play Kenya and BANGLADESH. Those who are trying to be pessimistic are simply afraid of this.

Those who bring up the Stats forget that the last time the two teams played was almost three years ago and it was an UPSET. Also, let's also consider the playing eleven in those six matches during 1997-1999. Do some research, come back and we'll talk.

As for predictions, I am more worried about our players either getting over confident or putting too much pressure on themselves. Kenya is a fine (AGING) unit and they have a good enough team to play test cricket (for NOW atleast) but they really need to get their act together and put a lot more focus in their domestic/youth cricket. Guess which team didn't even qualify for the 16 nation (yep, 16 teams made it and they weren't even there) under 19 world cup cricket? Africa was represented by Uganda and Namibia (aside from South Africa and Zimbabwe).

1 Ken 347/3 50 50 - W Pres. Cup 1 v Ken in Ken 1997/98 at Nairobi (Gym) [1239]
2 BD 197 43.4 50 348 L

1 BD 100 41.2 46 - L Pres. Cup 5 v Ken in Ken 1997/98 at Nairobi (AK) [1243]
2 Ken 102/2 17 46 101 W

1 Ken 236 49 50 - L CC Tri. 2 v Ken in Ind 1998 at Hyderabad (Decc) (d/n) [1329]
2 BD 237/4 48 50 237 W

1 Ken 226/8 50 50 - W CC Tri. 4 v Ken in Ind 1998 at Chennai (d/n) [1333]
2 BD 198 46.2 49 226 L

1 BD 213 50 50 - L Meril ICT 2 v Ken in BD 1998/99 at Dhaka (d/n) [1413]
2 Ken 215/2 43.5 50 214 W

1 Ken 231 48.3 50 - W Meril ICT 5 v Ken in BD 1998/99 at Dhaka (d/n) [1418]
2 BD 158 41.4 50 232 L

1 Ken 217/7 50 50 - W World Cup 35 v Ken in SA 2002/03 at Johannesburg [1974]
2 BD 185 47.2 50 218 L

CricTiger
March 4, 2006, 12:01 AM
Bangladesh should win this 4-0 .No doubt and no question asked.

BanglaCool
March 4, 2006, 06:56 AM
There should be penalties if BD loses.

Zobair
March 4, 2006, 12:20 PM
Gentlemen! Gentlemen! If I wasn't clear enough in the beginning of the thread. Let me repeat myself with a little more emphasis, "We will wipe the floor with the Kenyans." Watch this space.

Shafin
March 4, 2006, 12:28 PM
"We will wipe the floor with the Kenyans."

তাড়াতাড়ি আইসা পড়েন,আমাদের বাসায় কাজের মেয়ে দরকার। [ ] কেনিয়ানগুলারে সাথে আনতে পারলে আরো ভালো।

Edited on, March 4, 2006, 5:30 PM GMT, by Shark_fin.

Edited on, March 4, 2006, 5:31 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content:language

israr
March 4, 2006, 02:09 PM
4-0

Mohiul
March 4, 2006, 02:37 PM
Given the overall performance of the Kenyan in the recent series against Zimbabwe, inshaallah, we will win 4-0.

We must win 4-0 for the Champions Trophy qualifying matches. A 3-1 will be sufficient though.

CricTiger
March 4, 2006, 08:05 PM
After reading the following article, It became clear to me why we had to Play with Kenya and why Zimbabwe WERE reluctant to participate in a triangular series.
ICC Cricket World Cup ranking dialemma (http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-odi/content/story/238798.html)

reinausagi
March 4, 2006, 10:01 PM
Gentlemen! Gentlemen! If I wasn't clear enough in the beginning of the thread. Let me repeat myself with a little more emphasis, "We will wipe the floor with the Kenyans."

Upon reading the affore cited qoute from Zobair, Kenyan captain Tikolo muttered something unintelligible in a undetermined language. NSA experts howevr are 99% confident that loosely translated he said : Orey bap re bap...:lol:

Zobair
March 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
hehe...seems like I may have come off too strong with my words. I meant no disrespect to the Kenyans. Its just that I genuinely think ours is a much more improved ODI outfit, beginning to really milk the home advantage factor (instead of crumbling under 'home' expectations), confident in their abilities, and the current bunch has seen unprecedented success as a team for good 15 months now. The Kenyans are still looking to rebuild their team, after whole cricket crisis in that country (inept administration and match-fixing) and I will keep it at that. Kenya's best shot will be the first match of the series since we are still notoriously unsure starters.

Fortuner
March 5, 2006, 12:49 AM
If we win against Kenya 4-0..how much will our rating be ????

How many matches did kenya win so far????and we wont jst 11 so far...rite???

so..after the kenya series Inshallah we win15 al together and how about Kenya????

ajithlalm
March 5, 2006, 01:17 AM
Will ESPN broadcast Bangladesh-Kenya matches ?

Shafin
March 5, 2006, 02:17 AM
Probrbly no,if so they will not give any money to BCCB

Mridul
March 5, 2006, 11:30 PM
Dont under estimate Kenya....and as we all know...BD batting is never consistent. So I should not be surprised if we loose by 3-1.

However, I can almost say that we will wipe kenya off by 4-0 if and only if we can show more consistency(in batting) in our next test match...ie.... 250+ in both innings

Flipper
March 6, 2006, 03:08 AM
Zimbabwe vs. Kenya Series Review (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimvkenya/content/story/239628.html)

What this did show was that these two sides are probably scrapping for 10th and 11th places in the world rankings. The series between Bangladesh and Kenya later this month should confirm that there is now a big and growing gulf between the Bangladeshis and the two African countries.

carnthejackles
March 6, 2006, 05:34 AM
hey people, anyome know how to get live-free coverage of the second test V Sri Lanka over the net at all????? would be most gratefull!!!!!!

Miraz
March 6, 2006, 08:08 AM

I don't think only Tikolo can make the difference. Bangladesh has progressed well in recent days and I believe there is guld of differences in quality of cricket between Bangladesh and Kenya. We should win 4-0. Kenya has got a very poor first class or domestic facility and almost no finances in cricket. I don't think Kenya will be playing test in coming five years.

Certainly Bangladesh will take the series. :fanflag:

Rubu
March 6, 2006, 08:15 AM
I don't know we would win 4-0 or not, but we SHOULD, no doubt about that. kenya is no match for us anymore, and we need to prove that. but again, we are the one who lost to canada, and that is the reason I can't say we will win all 4 for sure.

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
If we win against Kenya 4-0..how much will our rating be ????

How many matches did kenya win so far????and we wont jst 11 so far...rite???

so..after the kenya series Inshallah we win15 al together and how about Kenya????
Our rating will be 24. Kenya's 7. (ICC calculator)
matches winning within the last year weighs more point than the the previous two years. Anything before that will not be counted.

Hasib
March 6, 2006, 08:47 AM
Inshallah we shud b able to win...its high time we put the Kenyans back in their place

Fortuner
March 6, 2006, 08:51 AM
How about labelling our U19 team as national team for the Kenya series only coz it gonna be a big big big shame loosing to kenya, they dint earn test status....loosing to a non-test playing nation is big shame for ny country playing test....and plus if our national team looses to kenya, it will be mentally very bad for them...

So, if its our u19..we gonna win for sure...4-0 and that very convincingly...if it our national team, we may loose one and also even if we win we wont win convincingly....

So, let us play our u19 against Kenya...

i dont mean to bring our u19 to national team forever...jst when its kenya we r to play or zimbo, make our 19 play them....

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 1:54 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 09:10 AM
Well, regrading the latest ZIM vs. KEN serries, have you noticed what was said by Mr. Martin Williamson ( Managing editor of Cricinfo) -

What this did show was that these two sides are probably scrapping for 10th and 11th places in the world rankings. The series between Bangladesh and Kenya later this month should confirm that there is now a big and growing gulf between the Bangladeshis and the two African countries.

Unquote

Hope he is right, absolutely!!

Here is the full article:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimvkenya/content/story/239628.html

sadi
March 6, 2006, 09:19 AM
How about labelling our U19 team as national team for the Kenya series only coz it gonna be a big big big shame loosing to kenya, they dint earn test status....loosing to a non-test playing nation is big shame for ny country playing test....and plus if our national team looses to kenya, it will be mentally very bad for them...

So, if its our u19..we gonna win for sure...4-0 and that very convincingly...if it our national team, we may loose one and also even if we win we wont win convincingly....

i dont mean to bring our u19 to national team forever...jst when its kenya we r to play or zimbo, make our 19 play them....

so you really think our under-19 team is stronger than our national team?? Cuz if our national team can't beat them 4-0, how can you expect our under-19 team to do so?? :duh:

Fortuner
March 6, 2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sadi

so you really think our under-19 team is stronger than our national team?? Cuz if our national team can't beat them 4-0, how can you expect our under-19 team to do so?? :duh:

Its not about thinking...Most people will agree with the fact that u19 will thrash Kenya. U19 as team is excellent...our national team as a team aint that great...and our captain..bashar is not a guy who'z got some killer instinct...i would actually like to include mashrafee and rasel in u19 in place of those two pacers in u19 coz mash and rasel are better than them....

sadi
March 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
I am not so sure how many people will agree with you.... obviously under-19 are doing quite well but mind you... they are not playing australia or South african national team... under-19 standard is much lower than the international level...

LateCut
March 6, 2006, 01:49 PM
Why Kenya is not playing BD-A or a BCCI-11? Make it a 3 match series and make them play two parctice matches before the real one. That will be win-win situation. Kenya will have prictice and if we happen ro beat then in those the senior boys will not have a little less pressure.

Mind you, this game brings more pressure than that of playing against a test nation. Mind set will be that we cannot afford to loose. On the other hand, Kenya has nothing to loose or at least not much too loose.

SS
March 6, 2006, 04:59 PM
We are so scared that I am writing the 100 th post of this thread...

Fazal
March 6, 2006, 05:01 PM
I am soo sacred that I think this thread deserves more than 100th Post by this time so that we can say 100plus. Therefore .....

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
I don't know we would win 4-0 or not, but we SHOULD, no doubt about that. kenya is no match for us anymore, and we need to prove that. but again, we are the one who lost to canada, and that is the reason I can't say we will win all 4 for sure.

Mentally this team towers over the team that played the 2003 world cup.

The pace trio we have now+Aftab, give us the trump card that we didn't have then.

I can't wait for the series. I don't know why you guys are so afraid. Don't think like the 2003 world cup players.

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 12:41 PM
They (Kenya) are not even half of the team they were from 2003. Losing to Zim's current team even one game should tell you the story. I can wait to read all the articles after the kenyan ODI series.

Fortuner
March 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
Wht ppl say...

I will say Kenya are mentally more strng against us when the play coz our cricketers are afraid of Tikolo and Oteno......

I swear..Mash, Rasel, Rajib need to thrash kenyan's hard..

i dont give a dam bout their bowling....except for collins obuya..

TheWatcher
March 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
A Kenyan fan blog (http://www.kenyacricket.blogspot.com/)

cricketboy
March 10, 2006, 10:57 PM
Kenya have recalled three players - Hitesh Modi, Collins Obuya and Martin Suji - for their four-ODI series in Bangladesh starting next week.

Suji, who was rested from the Zimbabwe tour while he recovered from a knee injury, is brought back as is allrounder Obuya, who spent some time in November being coached by Terry Jenner in Australia.

Modi was in England when the squad for the Zimbabwe series was named, but was left out when Cricket Kenya refused to pay for him to travel back to Kenya. An official explained that it was not for the board to fly players back to the country when they chose to be abroad.

He added that the captain Steve Tikolo, who had been playing club cricket in Bangladesh, paid his own way. But Modi is now in Kenya, returning a fortnight ago because of a family bereavement.

Brijal Patel, who was a surprise choice for the Zimbabwe tour, is dropped along with Josephat Ababu.

"We are confident," Tikolo told Cricinfo. "We did a pretty good job in Zimbabwe given that we have not been playing internationals."

Kenya Steve Tikolo (capt), James Kamande, Alfred Luseno, Tanmay Mishra, Hitesh Modi, Nehemiah Ngoche, Thomas Odoyo, Collins Obuya, David Obuya, Peter Ongondo, Kennedy Otieno, Maurice Ouma, Kalpesh Patel, Martin Suji, Tony Suji.

fwullah
March 11, 2006, 06:28 AM
"Kenya has got a very poor first class or domestic facility and almost no finances in cricket."

I disagree with this.

Not the fact that Kenya have poor first class or domestic facility, but the fact is that, WE ALSO HAVE A VERY POOR FIRST CLASS OR DOMESTIC FACILITY.

And no finances in cricket did not stop Kenya from winning against West Indies, India (3 times?), Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe (full strength Zimbabwe side - with Flower brothers, Heath Streak in).

It is US, our team that have wasted money as well as broken a lot of fans' hearts by losing without any fight over the years.

TheWatcher
March 11, 2006, 07:48 PM
From Kenyan news media (http://www.nationmedia.com/dailynation/nmgcontententry.asp?category_id=5&newsid=68889)
On the tour Tikolo added: "Our chances of winning at least two games to bounce back into the One Day Internationals rankings are very good".

As for the tour, Tikolo, who has played club cricket in Bangladesh for several reasons said: " The wickets in Bangladesh are flat and they tend to favour batsmen as bowlers have to work very hard to get wickets."
:lol: Should we produce some surprise for Tikolo here?

nayef
March 11, 2006, 08:51 PM
From Kenyan news media (http://www.nationmedia.com/dailynation/nmgcontententry.asp?category_id=5&newsid=68889)
On the tour Tikolo added: "Our chances of winning at least two games to bounce back into the One Day Internationals rankings are very good".

As for the tour, Tikolo, who has played club cricket in Bangladesh for several reasons said: " The wickets in Bangladesh are flat and they tend to favour batsmen as bowlers have to work very hard to get wickets."
:lol: Should we produce some surprise for Tikolo here?

hahah... yes... lets bounce them out... shahadat to asei :fanflag:

sunniath
March 11, 2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by gravitY
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether

why not all of us send email to BTVWorld (if they have one:duh: )and ask them to telecast the match!! i know they'd not care, but lets take a chance.

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 3:15 AM GMT, by gravitY.
do they know what email is?:head:

Edited on, March 12, 2006, 3:26 AM GMT, by sunniath.

esteban_loaiza
March 11, 2006, 10:50 PM
If kenya wins against us then they will same fun that we had against Sri Lanka...... If tikolo says they can win two games then it lloks ominous for us.... pitch sbould be made for spinners where Rana and Rafique can get big turns.... did they select Obuya?

TheWatcher
March 11, 2006, 11:03 PM
Bogra, Khulna, and Fatullah- more I think about it, clearer it seems to me that the management have fast-bouncy wickets in their mind for the Kenya series.

I hope it will be a real surprise for Tikolo. He played few matches on Fatullah, but high scoring nature of those matches suggest BCCB made some crapy pitches for the Dhaka league instead of letting clubs play on regular fast pitches.

If my assumption is right, our batsmen will be also tested little, but I don't see any reason to worry too much, they have already faced plenty of quality fast bowling.

Edited on, March 12, 2006, 4:46 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.

TheWatcher
March 11, 2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
.... pitch sbould be made for spinners where Rana and Rafique can get big turns.... did they select Obuya?
Neither Rafique, nor Rana is a big turner of the ball, making spinning pitch thus will be westful. And, yes, Collins Obuya is in the Kenya squad.

zakirc
March 12, 2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Originally posted by Rubu

Mentally this team towers over the team that played the 2003 world cup.

The pace trio we have now+Aftab, give us the trump card that we didn't have then.

I can't wait for the series. I don't know why you guys are so afraid. Don't think like the 2003 world cup players.

Reminding me of the HORROR of WC '03. The Darkest Day in the history of Bangladesh Cricket.

The captain of that match Pilot showed awesome talent in how to make his team lose. I watched that match ball-by-ball twice and I am still convinced Pilot wanted BD to lose that. Here is why:

1. During Kenya Innings, Manjarul Islam and Tapash bowled beautifully .. they had overs left and yet Pilot bowled Ashraful for 4/5 overs in the last 15. Bowling figures in the end was,

Bowling O M R W
Manjural Islam 7 0 30 1 (5w)
Tapash Baisya 8 1 22 1 (1w)
Khaled Mahmud 10 1 39 1 (4w)
Mohammad Rafique 7 0 35 1
Sanwar Hossain 10 0 49 3 (1w)
Alok Kapali 2 0 9 0
Mohammad Ashraful 6 0 30 0

Why use your part time bowler when your main strike bowlers were bowling beautifully and had overs left?

2. Pilot dropped a few (At least 2) easy Catch/Stumping chances during the Kenyan Innings and with his high standard of keeping, anybody who follows BD matches would raise an eyebrow.

3. The way Pilot got out that match was also suspicius. Although BD batsmen have the tendency and record of getting out to nicks .... somehow that particular day Pilots dismissal did not look good .. espacially the way he was batting.

I remember that BCB (The BCCB) had a board of inquiry against Pilot and he received warning from the board for his actions in that particular match. I personally felt that March 01, 2003 BD Vs. KEN is a parfect example of how one person single handedly can make his team lose a match.

One should not think that I hate Pilot or something. I still believe he is the greatest w/k in Bangladesh and there is nothing to complain about him. His batting is also very good when comared with the performace of the other team members. I think I have made several postings about this.

My point is we should not even consider that '03 BD-KEN macth as a defeat.

This time, my only hope is that Bashar will be fit enough to captain the team for all the 4 matches. Despite his lack of killing instincts, he usually follows the norms and never fails to use his best bowlers when they are doing good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details including ball-by-ball commentry of this match and all other Pool-B matches of WC 03 can be found at http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/WORLD_CUPS/WC2003/SCORECARDS/POOL-B/

Shafin
March 12, 2006, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you are accusing him of match fixing.:-/

fwullah
March 12, 2006, 12:33 PM
"Sounds like you are accusing him of match fixing." The rumours did come up in the following course of events. However, I think that it was nothing but 'narighotitho' byapar. - Remember the story of call girl in South Africa?

zakirc
March 12, 2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
Sounds like you are accusing him of match fixing.:-/

Yes Shark_Fin & fwullah, in my mind, I am convinced about that. Bangladeshi newspapers all reported about Pilot being warned ... if nothing was wrong ... why was the warning issued? Like most news in Bangladesh, this one died too without being more specific.

roi
March 12, 2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
" Remember the story of call girl in South Africa?

I dont know anything about callgirl issue on Ban's SA tour.
Do you have any idea or what happened there?
could you give some detail on this.....sounds interesting...:ninja:
damn...i should know about it...:head:

Edited on, March 12, 2006, 5:46 PM GMT, by roi.

Fortuner
March 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
Pilot and call girl..is his wife not good for him????:P

sar2005
March 12, 2006, 02:31 PM

If some of you overlooked above link, I think you would enjoy reading it.

A Kenyan's point of view,

Now that any semblance of overconfidence should be well and truly shredded, lets have a look at what might happen from a Kenyan point of view. Some things should be considered about this series that I don't think everyone who has commented so far has taken into account.

First is that our captain Steve Tikolo, plays his club cricket as a professional in Bangladesh. Not only does he know the strengths and weaknesses of their players, he was also one of the leading batsmen in their last season. He thinks Kenya will win a couple of matches at least. It would be a fool who takes his words lightly.

Second, Kenya always raise their game against Bangladesh. I don't know how or why this happens, but we seem to hold them in the same light that the Aussies and England hold each other - they are enemy No.1, and we will put in great efforts to beat them.

Third, we love being the underdogs and past history notwithstanding, in the eyes of the rest of the World, that is exactly what we are this series.

Fourth, Bangladesh have it all to lose: Test credibility, their position in the top 10 on the ICC table, their place in the first round of the Champions Trophy, you name it. Kenya have nothing to lose. We are not expected to win this series, many don't even expect us to be able to compete. If we win a match, we will put the heebie-jeebies on Bangladesh. Win two, and all sorts of questions are going to be asked of them. Pressure on the Bangladesh team will be immense. From their board, their fans, the rest of the cricket World, and of course our players. If I was neutral, and had to pick a team to play for this series, it would sure as hell not be the Tigers.

All the above being said, I think the cricket will be riveting. Bangladesh have a lot more talent than we are used to seeing from them, and Kenya are a better outfit than most give credit for. Both teams have potential match winners in their ranks, but both teams also have the capability to implode. Indeed, this may end up being the decider between the sides. If Bangladesh can withstand the pressure, they are going to be a very hard team to beat on home soil. If they let it get to them, or someone like Tikolo or Odoyo truly fires for Kenya, we could make it a very uncomfortable time for our hosts. Let's hope that the cobwebs were blown away in Zimbabwe and that it will be the latter. My prediction for the series? I would love to go with my heart and say 3-1 to Kenya, but realistically I will plump for a hard fought 2-2.
Unquote

Looks like they have a very calculative move, don't they? If they can see us as their greatest ribal, I don't know why we play our worst against them. This got to be a different show this time. We must need to demonstrate a clear difference in this series. Most important thing is, how our think-tank and the players are taking this series! Do they understand??

Ahmed_B
March 12, 2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by sar2005

If some of you overlooked above link, I think you would enjoy reading it.
Interesting find..

However.... there are some positives on BD's favor also in there:

Overall, Kenya holds a 6-1 advantage in terms of ODI wins, and they have also won the most recent meeting between the two countries. Sounds good doesn't it? The problem is, that last match was way back in 2003, during that wonderful couple of weeks where we made the World sit up and take notice as we qualified for the World Cup Semi Finals. Since then, Kenya have played a grand total of 6 ODIs, 4 of which were in the recent Zimbabwe tour. Effectively, Kenya has been out of International cricket for 2 years. In that time, Bangladesh have improved in leaps and bounds. They have now won ODIs against both Australia, and just recently Sri Lanka. They have been playing Test cricket, even winning their first ever match. So what if it was Zimbabwe; doesn't matter, it is still a Test win. They have an active national domestic league. The team we face over the next four matches is a very different one from the one we beat at the World Cup. Oh, and they will be playing at home. Most Bangladesh supporters seem to think Bangladesh will whitewash us, and several journalists around the World have expressed similar beliefs.

Interesting to see Banglacricket links in that blog site. :)

TheWatcher
March 12, 2006, 04:14 PM
Look at the List-A match scores for Kenya series venues-

List-A matches on Fatullah Stadium (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Grounds/4/237_a.html)

List-A matches on Khulna stadium (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Grounds/4/1996_a.html)

I don't think there is any need to show stats for Bogura Stadium anymore :)

Very few matches on those venues are high scoring, and, in most of those high scoring matches, teams had weak pace attacks. I don't think pitches on those stadiums will be anything like the crappy Dhaka league pitches Tikolo handled.

Not saying Tikolo is a poor batsman on fast pitches, but he definitely does better on slow ones.

Tehsin
March 12, 2006, 07:29 PM
I just took some time to look at some of their scorecards against ZImbabwe, I wihs I had more information about those grounds or the condition of the pitch to get a better understading. However, here's what I found:

Average: Against ZImbabwe (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/KENYA_IN_ZIM/STATS/KENYA_IN_ZIM_FEB-MAR2006_ODI_AVS.html)

We have seen them defend small totals in the recent series agsinst Zimbabwe, well guess what ? Seems like it's just how they like it. Check out the score against Zimbabwe A (a little bit stronger then the one they just played) from last October: scorecard (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/KENYA_IN_ZIM-A/SCORECARDS/KENYA_ZIM-A_15OCT2005.html). They won the match quite easily, defending 117 runs. We are very familiar with the fighting spirit of the Kenyans and looks like they have not lost it yet.

ajithlalm
March 13, 2006, 01:59 AM
I am waiting for the ODIs. Hope ESPN shows in television. These are certainly going to be a very good good and intense games.

Love to watch Kenya and Bangladesh play against each other.

I have read somewhere that Kenya will play a series of match against Zimbabwe in July. I am not sure about the details. Can anyone confirm it and tell me the details please. If its true or not..

sar2005
March 13, 2006, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Tehsin

Average: Against ZImbabwe (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/KENYA_IN_ZIM/STATS/KENYA_IN_ZIM_FEB-MAR2006_ODI_AVS.html)

So, we need to keep a special eye on main 3 batsman (KO Otieno, SO Tikolo and TM Odoyo) who are the regular scorers, right? But definitely the most dangerous man is Mr. Tikolo with his high strike rate. If this guy going to play a long innings, we really have a problem. He alone is capable to make the difference.

He alone scored 9/10 fifties in last seasson just finished and one of the key person to make DOHS champion. We MUST should have our own plan against him. Being the team mate of Tikolo just recently - Rajib, Rana, Razzak should know his weakness when they bowled him in the net. They should also know his strength very well. Perhaps Sujon and Akram also can be an inspiration for BD team by guiding them agains this guy.

zakirc
March 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
BTV only webcast these matches :) So , noone else on the internet :)

BTV will W E B C A S T??? :duh::floor::-/

Shafin
March 15, 2006, 12:28 PM
Pre match interview of tikolo in CI
Kenya in Bangladesh 2005-06

Tikolo: 'Bangladesh are favourites'

Cricinfo staff

March 15, 2006

Steve Tikolo talks to the media in Dhaka © AFP
Steve Tikolo, Kenya's captain, admitted that at the moment his side were more concerned with playing international cricket than the results.

Speaking at a press conference after arriving in Dhaka for a four-match series against Bangladesh, Tikolo was clear that a lack of matches had seriously harmed his side. "We have had very little opportunities to play international games since our commendable performance in the last World Cup. We are hoping that our lack of exposure would be taken under consideration by the world cricket governing body.

"Once we were close rivals of Bangladesh in any competition. But this time Bangladesh are favourites. We're going to start as the underdogs but we are fully prepared to give good fight."

Tikolo has played club cricket in Dhaka for several seasons and is familiar to the conditions and the climate, but he warned that "domestic and international cricket are not the same thing." He was the leading run-scorer in the Premier Cricket League in 2005-06.

While his experience and pedigree are well known, Tikolo was keen to talk up some of the Kenyan youngsters. "The young guys are very much focusing on the series and are hungry to show their best. There are some new players who have the talent to put pressure on the opponents. We should have won 3-1 in Zimbabwe but cricket is such a game where one ball can change the whole scenario of the match,"

Tikolo's views were endorsed by Roger Harper, who took over as Kenya's coach less than two months ago. ""Kenya do not get enough opportunity to play international cricket, so we are happy that we've got the chance to play a few games after four matches against Zimbabwe. But we need more international exposure.

"Our captain knows the condition and the players and I believe it will help us. You will recognise some young faces. What impressed me most is the enthusiasm among the cricketers about the tour. We came here to play good and competitive cricket."

The series starts with an ODI at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium on Friday (March 17).

© Cricinfo