PDA

View Full Version : Team for the 1st Test vs SRI has been announced: Aftab is out from XI


yaseer
February 27, 2006, 08:44 AM
12 memebers from the 15 member squad has been picked for the 1st test against Srilanka at Chittagong. Aftab Ahmed is not in the 12 and Tapash Baisya is also left out. That means Bangladesh is going with 2 seamers. If it is a green top (heard going to be a green top), then BD may miss a third seamer.

12 Players are:

Javed Omer
Shahriar Nafees
Nafis Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Ashraful
Alok Kapali
Rajin Saleh
Pailot
Rafique
Shahadat
Rasel
Enamul

I think Rajin Saleh will be the 12th man


Source: ATN Bangla News

**According to the ATN Bangla news......Aftab is not in the team because he is a one-day specialist.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 1:47 PM GMT, by yaseer.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 1:48 PM GMT, by yaseer.

samircreep
February 27, 2006, 09:01 AM
this is bs

Rubu
February 27, 2006, 09:09 AM
No kidding! Aftab can easily replace at least 4 player there with bat and other four with bowl.

sadi
February 27, 2006, 09:10 AM
they would rather pick Nafees Iqbal?? I like Nafees but he is not in form... he can't even score in domestic cricket... what will he do against Srilankans... I think thats a bad move from selectors side... Aftab is a very talented batsman and you should never tag a batsman of his calibre as a one day specialist..... If I had to leave out aftab, I would rather pick Mushfiq than Nafees... :down:

yaseer
February 27, 2006, 09:18 AM
According to NTV news.....JO and Nafis Iqbal will open and Shahriar Nafees is going to play in the middle order......so Rajin is going to be the 12th man........

Comparing Shahriar Nafees and Aftab Ahmed in the middle-order....i would always go with Aftab Ahmed.....dont forget his medium pace is also useful.....If we ball 1st tomorrow and one of our pacers get smashed....then we need to our spinner in the first half an hour in the first morning....

Well....There is always a thought that.....left handers play Murali better......this can prompt the selectors to play Shahriar Nafees in the middle order.....otherwise i find no reason to drop Aftab.

All in all....does not look like a good decision at this moment.

Faceoff
February 27, 2006, 09:24 AM
Faisal from Chittagong should've given a chance instead of nafis iqbal.

sadi
February 27, 2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by yaseer
According to NTV news.....JO and Nafis Iqbal will open and Shahriar Nafees is going to play in the middle order......so Rajin is going to be the 12th man........

Comparing Shahriar Nafees and Aftab Ahmed in the middle-order....i would always go with Aftab Ahmed.....dont forget his medium pace is also useful.....If we ball 1st tomorrow and one of our pacers get smashed....then we need to our spinner in the first half an hour in the first morning....

Well....There is always a thought that.....left handers play Murali better......this can prompt the selectors to play Shahriar Nafees in the middle order.....otherwise i find no reason to drop Aftab.

All in all....does not look like a good decision at this moment.

well said... I would still pick shahriar nafees though... the selection I have problem with is Nafees Iqbal... he didn't do anything special this winter and he shouldn't be there... atleast not instead of Aftab... hopefully they are giving him a rest as he just recovered from jaundice...

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2006, 09:27 AM
Outrageous! :mad: :down:

The whole selection committee should be fired. He scored 82* against England only two tests ago. Faruk & Co. must answer for selecting Rajin and Nafees Iqbal, since they are keeping Aftab out by labeling him as "one day specialist". Maybe it's Aftab's fault that he won us few ODI matches, because neither Rajin nor Nafees Iqbal did anything in recent past in either Test or ODI.

I think the decision was made only to give Rajin (Faruk's former club-mate) another chance.

Sham
February 27, 2006, 09:29 AM
This is a surprising team!

I would definitely play Aftab in the middle order rather than Shahriar Nafees, although I think they wanted a lefty in the middle order.

I like two things about this team.

1. It opens with Nafis Iqbal. I think he has a better technique than Shahriar Nafees. Shahriar Nafees is a more natural player, but he needs to tighten up his technique to become a successful test match opener. Nafis Iqbal has to do some work on his technique as well but its nicer and straighter.

2. They have left out Mushfique. I know I am going to become the most hated person on this board with this statement, but I'm dead against the inclusion of Rahim. I argued against his inclusion before Lords as well and I will do it again now. We have a terrible habit of getting impatient with talented players and put too much responsibility and pressure on their shoulders. I have seen Rahim bat from 50 yards away, and he is a player of tremendous class, no doubts about that. But why are we rushing him back into Test cricket? Give him a couple of more years in domestic cricket and with the u19 and A teams and let him get better and gain some more experience of playing in different conditions and match situations. After that, he will not only be a better player coming in, he will also be more mature and more hungry for Test cricket.

I'm not saying that Rahim isnt ready now, he probably is. But I think we need to think long-term and part of our long-term strategy ought to be to not rush players into the highest level at 16/17 like we did with Ashraful.


But no Aftab? I can't get over that! I thought Bashar, Ashraful and Aftab had 3, 4 and 5 cemented and Mushfiq/Rajin/Kapali were fighting for no. 6! Also, Aftab's medium pace would have been handy!

Also, being a Kapali fan, I am not sure he deserves a Test match return. I suppose his bowling got him in at then end as they prolly wanted a different type of spinner to the two lefties! But if he is going to bat in the top 6, he will have to justify his inclusion with runs first!

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 2:32 PM GMT, by Sham.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2006, 09:31 AM
On a second thought, it might be "shape bor" for Aftab by motivating him to be more consistent in Test.

yaseer
February 27, 2006, 09:35 AM
I agree Sham, leaving out Mushfiqur Rahim is a good decision.......he will be permanent member in the near future....i do not like him to be destroyed by playing test cricket now.....he should be touring different countries in the "A" team for a year and then play test cricket in the next season.

uss01
February 27, 2006, 09:38 AM
Aftab is still recovering from jaundice, so that is probably why he didn't get picked. I can't believe you guys forgot he had jaundice a few months ago, and it takes months to fully recover!

I actually felt bad for him in the 2nd odi when he had to take all those quick runs, bechara had breathing problems.

Mahmood
February 27, 2006, 09:39 AM
So the selectors decided to continue the "Totally idotic and self destructive" selection policy.

Instead of rewarding a fine player, we punish him!!! Poor Aftab.


This really sucks.

tansir
February 27, 2006, 09:41 AM
This's just a crap from the selector's side. To me, Ashraful and Aftab are the two match winners for the Tigers. The ever-learned selectors are branding some players as ODI specialist oneday and eating their words the other day (e.g. Tushar Imran). It was justified to graft Kopali in the ODI side but certainly not in the test team, especially ignoring Aftab. And to see Rajin still in the 15-member team, let alone in the best 12 is simply a crime. Talking about a green-top wicket to tame Murali and dropping Aftab and Tapash just doen't make sense. I see 2 pacers, no 3rd seamer, and 3 spinners counting Kopali.......what the hell the selectors are thinking about? They say that Rajin has the ability to occupy the crease. Haven't we all seen that this batsman can't come out of the block while batting, always defending on the backfoot...always confused whether to go forward or not, and at the end gets plumbed. Nafees Iqbal is another wrong decision solely based on his current from. But he should be given a chance based on his previous test records. But I can't appease myself, in no way, to see Aftab out and Rajin/Kopali in. Sometimes the selectors just know too much. As DW acted too much to decide to field first in the 3rd ODI which oppsite to what Bashar had in his mind. I'm simply pissed off.......:(

oracle
February 27, 2006, 09:44 AM
I have just one question:

Is the selection process 100 % clean and based on merit. Reading all the above I have my doubts.:down:

Cricket46
February 27, 2006, 09:44 AM
I agree very much with Sham's comments.

I chose a similar team somewhere else, except that I had Aftab in it. Only reason why he might be dropped is I guess his health. I am guessing here. With such a team, there is no question in my mind that Rajin will be the 12th man. But then who knows. Given the resources available, this is not a bad selection.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2006, 09:45 AM
Nope!! Aftab's exclusion must be a log term thinking. I think he is not fit 100% to play gruelling 3/4 day cricket yet (domestic is different). He is still recovering from the last year's sickness. He'll be in against Aus for sure.

Faisal should have been called instead of Alok/N Iqbal. Mushfiq is there just to be an understudy. He would gain valuable experience just by being on the bench; watching Pilot, reading the bowlers, match preparation etc.

The team has specific strategy and I guess they are working on it.

sadi
February 27, 2006, 09:48 AM
well I have no problem with selectors leaving out Musfiqur Rahim... Like most members though, I wanted Aftab in the team... if they have left him out because they want him to get some rest thats fine... but lebeling him as a odi specialist is a crime... yeah I know he hasn't done anything spectacular in test matches yet... but he is a match winner for bangladesh... just because he won couple of odi games for Bangladesh doesn't mean that he is a odi specialist... in other words, just because someone is good in odi doesn't necessarily make him bad in test matches...

Mr-khan
February 27, 2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Cricket46

I chose a similar team somewhere else, except that I had Aftab in it. Only reason why he might be dropped is I guess his health. I am guessing here. With such a team, there is no question in my mind that Rajin will be the 12th man. But then who knows. Given the resources available, this is not a bad selection.
Thats the point.He will not be playing because of his sickness.He present from is far better than Rajin or Nafees.But Selectors have not any choise so they had to include Nafees and Rajin.

tansir
February 27, 2006, 09:50 AM
Rajin..........I really can't stand this guy. He shouldn't be in the ODI team but he played twice and sucked. The way he got out told it all that this guy has no technique and no confidence while batting. He didn't even scored many runs in the domestic circuit. Alas, he is there in the test team in place of Aftab! Bravo Faruq & Co. Even Rokon would have been a better choice than Rajin. And the ever-enigmatic Kopali.......selectors always see something in him what we all fail to see.....but the score says it all:E:mad:

mahrookh
February 27, 2006, 10:49 AM
haha where's our 3rd seamer gone ? Is he on holiday or what ? But anyway it's good move , they might thinking to make the test draw so , Srilankan can bat for ever and we just battle it around :) Very good selection indeed :)

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by tansir
Rajin..........He didn't even scored many runs in the domestic circuit.
Did you follow the BD domestic cricket this year?

He scored 152 in 4 innings at NCL. avg of 38.

He had ave of 70 in the NCL-ODI. scored a century.

In premier league he scored 318 with an ave of 35.3

Many of our star players didn't even perform close in domestic cricket.

This includes the time when he got injured and couldn't play some of the matches. You may not like Rajin personally that is fine but no reason to say a false statement. He is the best athelete we have.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2006, 10:53 AM
Bd batsmen have to face Murali, a tall order indeed.

Bd bowlers don't have to face Jayasuriya. Breathe easy folks.

fishyguy
February 27, 2006, 10:55 AM
Man I am just releived that neither Nazmul or Tapash is in the team.

Now even if they win by an innings I won't complain.

But atleast they are moving forward and leaving those two behind. Hopefully they will never look back now.

rudro
February 27, 2006, 10:59 AM
আমি যখন ফারুক-এর পদত্যাগ চেয়েছিলাম, তোমরা তখন হেসেছিলে! এখনও বলতে চাও ও ঠিক কাজটাই করে যাচ্ছে?
ভাবতে অবাক লাগছে, আফতাবকে বাইরে রেখে বাংলাদেশ দল? যখন দলটা ঘোষণা করা হছিল তখন কি সবাই মিলে উদ্দাম উল্লাস করছিল কোন বারে গিয়ে?


Edited on, February 27, 2006, 4:00 PM GMT, by rudro.

rudro
February 27, 2006, 11:04 AM
ও ভুলেই গিয়েছিলাম লিখতে, আফতাব বা রাজিনকে বাদ দেয়ার পেছনে অলোক-কে প্রথম একাদশে জায়গা করে দেওয়ার ব্যপারটাও কাজ করেছে নিশ্চয়।

mahrookh
February 27, 2006, 11:10 AM
Farooque podotyag korbey keno ? His selection made us win against Srilanka . So , selectors got more brain than BC members for sure :)

shamster
February 27, 2006, 11:17 AM
Surely Rahim and Aftab are better batsmen then Rajin and Iqbal at present ??

sadi
February 27, 2006, 11:22 AM
duh

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by shamster
Surely Rahim and Aftab are better batsmen then Rajin and Iqbal at present ??
Aftab or Rahim do not open. S Nafees is not having a good outing so we need a test opener. Rokon is not the answer for test. What other options we have instead of N Iqbal? Bring back 1st ball LBW no shot offered Hannan S?

Alok, hmm thats something I can not answer. However in Chittagong if we use only two pacers and then to get the load off from rafique and enam Jr. we need a 3rd spinner.

TheWatcher
February 27, 2006, 12:03 PM
I guess DW felt that Aftab's medium pace won't be that effective in a Test match. On the otherhand, for the first three days, Enamul's finger spin may not work on a grassy surface either. Rafique needs a back up spinner for SL's first innings (may be their only innings for the match), so here comes Kapali (a wrist spinner is supposed to find turn on all surfaces, don't know how good Kaps is).

Raja
February 27, 2006, 12:07 PM
Aftab is one our great discover. He has got the courage, skill and passion to play cricket. As he is in good form selectors should keep in him in the team. Though wish for the best.

pagol-chagol
February 27, 2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I guess DW felt that Aftab's medium pace won't be that effective in a Test match. On the otherhand, for the first three days, Enamul's finger spin may not work on a grassy surface either. Rafique needs a back up spinner for SL's first innings (may be their only innings for the match), so here comes Kapali (a wrist spinner is supposed to find turn on all surfaces, don't know how good Kaps is).

Isn't Ashraful just as good as Kaps with wrist spin?

RazabQ
February 27, 2006, 12:22 PM
People are way too ready to jump the gun and blame someone. If a guy is dehydrated from an innings of 30 odd run, then what makes you lot think he cal last a 5 day match?

So in general, I am happy with the side. I like Sham's points too.

The one concern is the bowling. To neutralize Murali, apparently the pitch has been kept green - as per Utpol Shubhro's article. We could have really used a 3rd pacer.

As for Kapali, ysterday, after a friendly match I was practicing bowling legspin (Chinamans to be precise) to see how Kaps had been effective in the ODIS even tho from the TV viewing his stuff was looking innocuous. After a few attempts I was able to figure out. Kapali is getting the ball to dip big time. In his action, his rip imparts as much overspin as sideways spin so the ball looks like a fulltoss until at the very last moment it dips on you. Provided the SL batsmen come after him he'll get a couple of wickets from stumping or miscued shots. Perhaps an LBW. At least that's what was happening with our club's batsmen - but then again it was just practice with a TCA ball:)

SMHasan
February 27, 2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by yaseer
12 memebers from the 15 member squad has been picked for the 1st test against Srilanka at Chittagong. Aftab Ahmed is not in the 12 and Tapash Baisya is also left out. That means Bangladesh is going with 2 seamers. If it is a green top (heard going to be a green top), then BD may miss a third seamer.

12 Players are:

Javed Omer
Shahriar Nafees
Nafis Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Ashraful
Alok Kapali
Rajin Saleh
Pailot
Rafique
Shahadat
Rasel
Enamul

I think Rajin Saleh will be the 12th man


Source: ATN Bangla News

**According to the ATN Bangla news......Aftab is not in the team because he is a one-day specialist.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 1:47 PM GMT, by yaseer.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 1:48 PM GMT, by yaseer.

If the selectors think that he is a oneday specialist then its a big mistake not taking him in the test squad. He is in good form and a true match winner. Lets wait to know the main reason of dropping him.

Rubu
February 27, 2006, 01:05 PM
Javed Omer - Aftab is a better batsman
Shahriar Nafees - Aftab is a better batsman
Nafis Iqbal - Aftab is a better batsman
Habibul Bashar
Ashraful
Alok Kapali - Aftab is a better batsman
Rajin Saleh - Aftab is a better batsman
Pailot
Rafique
Shahadat - Aftab is a better bowler.
Rasel
Enamul

Aftab should have been selected ahead of these six player.

:E:E:E:E:mad::mad::E:E:E:E

Sham
February 27, 2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
People are way too ready to jump the gun and blame someone. If a guy is dehydrated from an innings of 30 odd run, then what makes you lot think he cal last a 5 day match?

So in general, I am happy with the side. I like Sham's points too.

The one concern is the bowling. To neutralize Murali, apparently the pitch has been kept green - as per Utpol Shubhro's article. We could have really used a 3rd pacer.

As for Kapali, ysterday, after a friendly match I was practicing bowling legspin (Chinamans to be precise) to see how Kaps had been effective in the ODIS even tho from the TV viewing his stuff was looking innocuous. After a few attempts I was able to figure out. Kapali is getting the ball to dip big time. In his action, his rip imparts as much overspin as sideways spin so the ball looks like a fulltoss until at the very last moment it dips on you. Provided the SL batsmen come after him he'll get a couple of wickets from stumping or miscued shots. Perhaps an LBW. At least that's what was happening with our club's batsmen - but then again it was just practice with a TCA ball:)

Yep, Aftab's exclusion must have something to do with his level of fitness following his recent illness. Playing ODIs and Tests are two different things. Being out in the field for 2 days while the SL batsmen hammer us around is going to test anyone's fitness!

rudro
February 27, 2006, 01:12 PM
ভাল (?) সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছেন দল নির্বাচকরা। যদি এই দল উভয় ইনিংসে কমপক্ষে ২৫০ না করতে পারে, তবে আফতাবের মত ব্যাটসম্যানকে তার নিজের হোমটাউনে না খেলতে দেওয়ার দায়ভার তাদেরকেই নিতে হবে। অসুস্থতার জন্য রেষ্ট দিলে সেতা ভিন্ন কথা!


Edited on, February 27, 2006, 6:18 PM GMT, by rudro.

Rubu
February 27, 2006, 01:13 PM
If its due to his fitness I've nothing to say. no, wait, I have something to say: we are playing 1.5th string (not quite 2nd) team in this match with aftab and masri out.

But me too, is completely against playing mushi. he is going to be our tendulkar/lara in the several years to come. no need at all to rush him into the team. he need to be groomed 110% before throwing him into the deep end.

pagol-chagol
February 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
People are way too ready to jump the gun and blame someone. If a guy is dehydrated from an innings of 30 odd run, then what makes you lot think he cal last a 5 day match?

That should shut down all the bickering.

Prothom Alo reported that Aftab was so dehydrated that he wasn't even there for the end of the game ceremony and Basher had to get Aftab's man of the match trophy.

This doesn't mean that Aftab won't play in the 2nd test. He'll be a permanent player for a long time and we'll badly miss his bowling. Its not easy to find a match winner like him. Don't worry fans. He'll be back.

sunniath
February 27, 2006, 01:55 PM
i think they included s.nafees in the middle order instead of aftab to spoil murali's rythm.a left-right combination may make murali's life difficult.
alok is picked because of the spinning track.according to bangladesherkhela,the pitch is a spinner friendly one.these things probably played in the selectors minds when they picked the side.but i would have picked mushfiq ahead of nafees iqbal considering the form of the two players.

Ahmed_B
February 27, 2006, 01:57 PM
So the selectors are thinking that BD has gained everything by winning just one ODI?... so they have started to experiment with the team because we got everything we needed and now we have nothing to lose?!! :duh:

Doesn't matter who is the replacement... leaving Aftab out is utter nonsense!! (if he is fit to play)

Sam
February 27, 2006, 01:58 PM
What is the matter choolwa abir, why did you repeat the same post eight times? Out of frustration:-/

I agree with Sham and RazabQ. The news, which states that selectors have left Aftab, because he is an ODI specialist does not seem to be correct. If they knew that he is ODI-specialist, they would have not selected him for the 15-man test squad. Most probably during practice session he was judged by the Physio and selectors and found not fit for the 5-day match. I have listened to NTV, RTV and I-Channel, but no body uttered about this gossip of "ODI-Specialist". Nafis Iqbal has been taken as a note of consolation for the chittagonians on their home ground. But we are surely running short of a 3rd pacer, as the wicket has been made pacer-friendly.

Mr-khan
February 27, 2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by sunniath
i think they included s.nafees in the middle order instead of aftab to spoil murali's rythm.a left-right combination may make murali's life difficult.

S.Nafees has not any footwork and he cant play against spin.Murali will not take two overs to get his wicket.

cracky
February 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
Aftab and Rahim wons Rajin and Nafis Iqbal on any given day.

reverse_swing
February 27, 2006, 02:05 PM
Aftab had jaundice recently.May be he is not fit enough for test match who knows.

mafizraju
February 27, 2006, 02:12 PM
Seems like they are going all out on spin........

Originally posted by Sham
This is a surprising team!

I would definitely play Aftab in the middle order rather than Shahriar Nafees, although I think they wanted a lefty in the middle order.

I like two things about this team.

1. It opens with Nafis Iqbal. I think he has a better technique than Shahriar Nafees. Shahriar Nafees is a more natural player, but he needs to tighten up his technique to become a successful test match opener. Nafis Iqbal has to do some work on his technique as well but its nicer and straighter.

2. They have left out Mushfique. I know I am going to become the most hated person on this board with this statement, but I'm dead against the inclusion of Rahim. I argued against his inclusion before Lords as well and I will do it again now. We have a terrible habit of getting impatient with talented players and put too much responsibility and pressure on their shoulders. I have seen Rahim bat from 50 yards away, and he is a player of tremendous class, no doubts about that. But why are we rushing him back into Test cricket? Give him a couple of more years in domestic cricket and with the u19 and A teams and let him get better and gain some more experience of playing in different conditions and match situations. After that, he will not only be a better player coming in, he will also be more mature and more hungry for Test cricket.

I'm not saying that Rahim isnt ready now, he probably is. But I think we need to think long-term and part of our long-term strategy ought to be to not rush players into the highest level at 16/17 like we did with Ashraful.


But no Aftab? I can't get over that! I thought Bashar, Ashraful and Aftab had 3, 4 and 5 cemented and Mushfiq/Rajin/Kapali were fighting for no. 6! Also, Aftab's medium pace would have been handy!

Also, being a Kapali fan, I am not sure he deserves a Test match return. I suppose his bowling got him in at then end as they prolly wanted a different type of spinner to the two lefties! But if he is going to bat in the top 6, he will have to justify his inclusion with runs first!

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 2:32 PM GMT, by Sham.

mafizraju
February 27, 2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by mafizraju
Seems like they are going all out on spin........

Originally posted by Sham
This is a surprising team!

I would definitely play Aftab in the middle order rather than Shahriar Nafees, although I think they wanted a lefty in the middle order.

I like two things about this team.

1. It opens with Nafis Iqbal. I think he has a better technique than Shahriar Nafees. Shahriar Nafees is a more natural player, but he needs to tighten up his technique to become a successful test match opener. Nafis Iqbal has to do some work on his technique as well but its nicer and straighter.

2. They have left out Mushfique. I know I am going to become the most hated person on this board with this statement, but I'm dead against the inclusion of Rahim. I argued against his inclusion before Lords as well and I will do it again now. We have a terrible habit of getting impatient with talented players and put too much responsibility and pressure on their shoulders. I have seen Rahim bat from 50 yards away, and he is a player of tremendous class, no doubts about that. But why are we rushing him back into Test cricket? Give him a couple of more years in domestic cricket and with the u19 and A teams and let him get better and gain some more experience of playing in different conditions and match situations. After that, he will not only be a better player coming in, he will also be more mature and more hungry for Test cricket.

I'm not saying that Rahim isnt ready now, he probably is. But I think we need to think long-term and part of our long-term strategy ought to be to not rush players into the highest level at 16/17 like we did with Ashraful.


But no Aftab? I can't get over that! I thought Bashar, Ashraful and Aftab had 3, 4 and 5 cemented and Mushfiq/Rajin/Kapali were fighting for no. 6! Also, Aftab's medium pace would have been handy!

Also, being a Kapali fan, I am not sure he deserves a Test match return. I suppose his bowling got him in at then end as they prolly wanted a different type of spinner to the two lefties! But if he is going to bat in the top 6, he will have to justify his inclusion with runs first!

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 2:32 PM GMT, by Sham.


I totaly agree with you on mushfiq and others points as well

imran78
February 27, 2006, 02:17 PM
yeah i think its a fitness issue. no one in his right mind will drop aftab in place of kapali or iqbal. i agree with rahim not being selected. he is young..give him some time. and there is a huge difference between u-19 level and test level.

TheWatcher
February 27, 2006, 02:22 PM
At least, it is good to see that it did not take long for the management to figure out that SN is not really a top order material, not in Test cricket.

Why don't they groom Rahim as an opener? He bats pretty straight, have not noticed any glaring fault in his techniques (not claiming that I am an expert on the matter), should be at least tried as an onedown batsman.

Kana-Baba
February 27, 2006, 02:22 PM
folks,

Cool down please.

It is not hard to predict that Aftab is out due to health condition. Other than that he has no reason to be left out of the first XI. I think the selectors knows about it as much as we do. Remember he could not even take man-of-the-match award after 2nd ODI as he was feeling a bit sick and resting in dressing room?

brikonwall
February 27, 2006, 02:26 PM
Tow regular fast bowler:
Shahadat
Rasel

Two regular Sping bowler:
Rafique
Enamul

Two occassional sping bowler:
Ashraful
Alok Kapali

Hopefully the regular bolwers will come up big.

Fazal
February 27, 2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood
So the selectors decided to continue the "Totally idotic and self destructive" selection policy.

Instead of rewarding a fine player, we punish him!!! Poor Aftab.


This really sucks.

Agree with Mahmood

:down: to Selector.

I am not going to waste my sleep and watch the game live any more from now on and wasting my money... until selectors stop these kind of whimsical and idiotic decisions.

I am completely fade-up .... that I am loosing interest watching the game any more recycling old stuff again and again and hoping for miracle....

However I will follow the result though...

I will seriously start watching again when they are ready to bring some of the u-19 players... whether it is this year... next year... 2 years from now.... until then .... there is no point wasting my sleep anymore.... we all know what the players can give us .... with these selected players .... there is nothing that really excites me any more....

I am sorry to say .... its a pathetic team .... and more pathetic is the selectors....




Edited on, February 27, 2006, 7:42 PM GMT, by Fazal.

SS
February 27, 2006, 02:51 PM
hi Fazal I feel your pain..guess what this time not my conciouseness, everlasting criticism, not my sleep, not my work, or even internet connection made me stay out of watching the games...but my wife made me stay out of cricket and follow the game ball by ball. :(.. But u know it's painful, you probably end up watching it unless you have a very "strong" force forcing you out of your passion and loving.

LateCut
February 27, 2006, 03:04 PM
"Bangladesh have recalled Mushfiqur Rahim, who made his Test debut against England in 2005 and led Bangladesh in the Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka, to the squad for the first Test which begins on Tuesday at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium."


Source:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvsl/content/story/238839.html


What is this talk about Aftab is out. According to Cricinfo Rahim is in. I guess it to replace Rajin not Aftab.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 8:05 PM GMT, by LateCut.

Beamer
February 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
If Aftab wasn't considered because of health concerns and the rigours associated with the five day game, then Faruk should have come forward and said it so, as he did in Mortaza's case. Instead, his reasoning was , as he gave, " Aftab is a one day specialist player " and I disagree with this ommission and that comment. I like Kapali to say the least. But not at the cost of Aftab as it seems to be the case. Who in our team is a test specialist anyway? I agree that Aftab tend to struggle against spinners ( as was very much evident in the last series away against SL ) but unless he is given the oppurtunity to play out of it, how is he supposed to improve his game? He is too valuable a member to be stamped like this. I don't like this team one bit. I would much rather lose with Aftab in the team than without him, which will happen anyway with this team.

Few points:

Before Murali does the damage, Malinga will break through our openers duo of Javed and Iqbal. Javed's techincal difficulties with fast rising balls that Mainga manages to sling at, will once again compound by belief.
I also think they are protecting Shariar Nafees from him by playing him down the order( remember last series? ). Thats another negative move. They will just bring him back when he comes out to bat.

This batting line up puts too much pressure on Ash and Bashar to score.

They need to stop overestimating Javed Omar and if need be, be prepared to lose with Nafis Iqbal and Shariar Nafees opening the innings. This is not a forward thinking attitude on part of our selectors.

Alok is still an unknown quantity and how he bats at no.6 instead of Aftab after being out for a year is beyond me. They have brought him back in the one day team which I support 100%. But not so fast so soon at the middle order in a test match.

Too many missing points in this team. They are neither strong in batting nor in bowling. Joga khichuri team...

Given the slow nature of this pitch ( as they have said ), I would have made it a batsman heavy team. The team should have been : 1 S Nafees 2 Iqbal ( I like him better than Javed in the long term though he is ok ) 3 Bashar 4 Ashraful 5 Rahim 6 Aftab 7 Alok 8 Pilot 9 Rafiq 10 Rasel 11 Enam....

sadi
February 27, 2006, 04:00 PM
Latest news

I just read in amardesh that Faruk decided to drop aftab as punishment as he feels like aftab is playing too much shots and needs to be more responsible. Most likely, he will come back to the side in the second test match.

Link: http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/detail_news_index.php?NewsID=4192&NewsType=bistarito&SectionID=home

Fazal
February 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
Why Faruk is playing such a BIG role selecting the playing 11? Shouldn't it be Dav and Bashar selecting the final 11?

I have already seen too much Faruk and his hard-to-explain stuff. I don't care much any any more.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 9:08 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Navarene
February 27, 2006, 04:17 PM
This is the first time I lost my faith from our selectors. I am already shivering inside to imagine the consequence of 1st Test result.

So Aftab is out, heh? Shala ra ki ganja kheye team select korlo?? I can imagine Malinga will do the early damage if the wicket has grass on top..and Murali is going to tear apart the middle order when the wicket gets dried up. Koi jai! Aftab would be handy as a third seamer since we don't have any in this first eleven. And I have very little faith on Shahadat's wayward line and length bowling. We miss Masrafee badly for sure. An another innings defeat is inevitable!

sadi
February 27, 2006, 04:28 PM
There must be a better way to punish a batsman for his immaturity... I mean come on..... give him more work to do... tell him to give 50 push ups or run dui chokkor if you know what I mean... but dropping him out of the eleven? I just think there must be a better way :down:

Beamer
February 27, 2006, 04:36 PM
Consider the four top batsman out of six that will play in this match. Assuming the reports are correct, S Nafees, Javed, Iqbal and Alok : None of them have guranteed spot in the test team and all will play with a heavy heavy burden on their shoulder. Would they play with a sense of responsibility or would they crumble under heavy pressure with the fear of the big old axe? When the majority of your core batsmen are under such a predicament what would be the response from them is something that I will watch with interest. And in this case, with minimum expectation. Add, rajin to the mix, and it is true for him as well. Now wonder what would this do to Aftab? If he goes selfish, even in a one day match when he comes back, I wouldn't really blame him. There he was promoted to no.3 in the last game to whack at everything ( assuming we had the intent to chase 309 ) only to fall victim to a controversial call ( though he could have played that ball better ) and now he has been penalized for not being too prudent!

aosaif
February 27, 2006, 04:39 PM
Aftab Ahmed IS NOT a test calibre player

Bat-PadTogether
February 27, 2006, 04:39 PM
Rajin is very close to Chief Selector Faruq.I read in the newspapers that Rajin has not satisfied Dave in the nets.The newspaper reported Dave saying :Rajin Not this way!Do it like that !I think Rajin has got so many chances!Rahim should be give the chance now.We cant just do many experiments in a short series like that

rudro
February 27, 2006, 04:55 PM
In each game, the selectors are moving us at least one game backward! When they announced ist ODI team ...they left out JO to lose the game miserably. They corrected it in the 2nd ODI, but we were one game late already!

Now they put together a 'joga-khichuri' (as per Beamer) team. I am sure they will correct themselves before the second test but unfortunately by then we will already be down under another heavy defeat.

Wait! They might be in Las Vegus! They thought they lost first ODI with a 'joga' team and then bounced back with a win. Are the selectors planning for a good comeback in the second test by putting a 'khichuri' team for the first test?

Ajfar
February 27, 2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by yaseer
I agree Sham, leaving out Mushfiqur Rahim is a good decision.......he will be permanent member in the near future....i do not like him to be destroyed by playing test cricket now.....he should be touring different countries in the "A" team for a year and then play test cricket in the next season.

may i remind u of Asraful who became the most youngest test centurian against srilanka and that he was only 17 or 18...... this mushfiqur rahim is bangladesh's next asraful i've seen him play.. he's pretty gud... i know he is inexperienced but so was asraful

sadi
February 27, 2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by aosaif
Aftab Ahmed IS NOT a test calibre player

Who do you think is a test calibre player in Bangladesh apart from Ash and Bashar?? I will be really glad if you can point out six batsmen who are better than aftab.

Ehsan
February 27, 2006, 05:20 PM
In for a disaster! Why left out Aftab? We will be missing a third pacer for sure now.

Ehsan
February 27, 2006, 05:23 PM
Nafees Iqbal will end up being another Javed Omar. My bet is on JO to do better than Nafees Iqbal in this test series. Nafees has forgot how to use his feet.

Shakalaka
February 27, 2006, 05:33 PM
Idiotic team selection!

S.Nafees is not in form at all. he gets the nod and whereelse Aftab Ahmed hits the winning knock against the SL and he is out???

I think the BD team selectors education is MAX grade 9th or SSC. They just go by the last match scoreboard. Rajin was out for minimal on the 2nd ODI and he was out on 3rd. Aftab was great on 2nd ODI and got out on 3rd ODI on controversial call and now he is out for test.

And where is my boy, MAshfiqur?

Seamers..Rajib just got back from injury and he is bound to get bitch smacked to start with. Russell is alright. Masrafe is given early leave.

Dont understand anything about this team selection.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
People are way too ready to jump the gun and blame someone. If a guy is dehydrated from an innings of 30 odd run, then what makes you lot think he cal last a 5 day match?
If the selectors gave fitness as reason for keeping him out, nobody would complain much (like Mashrafee's case). But the selectors never said that fitness is the reason or one of the reasons for keeping him out. In their opinion, we have at least four batsman who are better than Aftab in Test.

Alomelo
February 27, 2006, 05:58 PM
Does Rajin has connections with BNP ??.. like chacha had?? I mean i dont get it.... Aftab out for Rajin??givemme a break!!!

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Kana-Baba
folks,

Cool down please.

It is not hard to predict that Aftab is out due to health condition. Other than that he has no reason to be left out of the first XI.
Why do some of us feel the need to defend selectors by any means?

They never said that Aftab was not selected for fitness issue. Their only given reason was "Aftab is not good". After discovering this, it doesn't matter to selectors whether his fitness level is good enough to play test or not.

RazabQ
February 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
What I find weird is how everyone is having such a vitriolic reaction to our selectors. Senior ভাইরাও দেখি অনেক ক্ষ্যপে গেছে!. Guys, go back and crunch the numbers - I have. Our selectors have done a much better job in terms of being consistent and fair than their Zimbabwe, Pakistan and West Indies counterparts in the period that we have been in Test cricket. Start with # of players debuted, apply some sort of benchmark on how many tests count as a decent run, etc.

Just about the only thing I have against the selectors is their disdain for domestic records - but then again, not having seen any of the NCL matches, I cannot claim for a fact that they are right or wrong in doing so.

They have taken the bold step of counting on 4 full time bowlers to take 20 SL wickets. This is unlikely and we know that. Is Kapalia better defensive batsmen than Aftab ? I think the recent "reliable under pressure" analysis indicates so.

Conclusion? The BD think tank (and I am sure Dav and Bashar have a big say in this) are counting on drawing the match - probably by pitch occupation and attrition.

Blame them for a defensive mindset but do not blame them for nepotism or lunacy.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2006, 07:15 PM
Defensive mindset IS lunacy. Do our selectors honestly believe that this batting lineup can bat for 250 overs against SL bowling attack led by Muralitharan?

And it's no secret that Rajin is Faruk's buddy and Faruk is always ready to give him another chance.

gravitY
February 27, 2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Kana-Baba
folks,

Cool down please.

It is not hard to predict that Aftab is out due to health condition. Other than that he has no reason to be left out of the first XI. I think the selectors knows about it as much as we do. Remember he could not even take man-of-the-match award after 2nd ODI as he was feeling a bit sick and resting in dressing room?

I totally agree with you!! I'd say it's rather better for Aftab. he would get few more days to get his feet strong.

But I don't know how Nafees Iqbal is going to perform, but we had no other choice for openning position since Sahriar Nafees moved to middle order.

Also I thought Mushfiq would get a chance over Rajin, but now that makes no difference since Rajin is the 12th man.

good luck for tigers!!:fanflag:

TheWatcher
February 27, 2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sadi

I just read in amardesh that Faruk decided to drop aftab as punishment as he feels like aftab is playing too much shots...
So, after his success with Ashraful, Faruk is now feeling like keeping everyone under pressure. Silly mistake, if neither Abir, nor Alok manage to make any significant contribution in the match, it will be Faruk himself who will be under pressure.

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by RazabQ
Is Kapalia better defensive batsmen than Aftab ? I think the recent "reliable under pressure" analysis indicates so.

:-/

Alok Kapali c Tharanga b Muralitharan 16 ( 36 Mins, 25 Balls)

Now when Ash needed a stable partner, Pilot (75 mins, 50 balls) and ever agressive Rafique ( 41 mins, 33 balls) gave more than Alok.

RazabQ
February 28, 2006, 04:08 PM
Fazal did you watch the game? If you had you woudn't be carping about Alok's out. First of all there is doubt whether it touched the bat at all. 2nd, it was a pretty good ball that, despite the flatness of the pitch got good bounce and turned at least 35-45 degrees. Alok was looking very sound against the spinners and pacers and he was not playing across the line at all!

Give this a rest already!

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
Fazal did you watch the game? If you had you woudn't be carping about Alok's out. First of all there is doubt whether it touched the bat at all. 2nd, it was a pretty good ball that, despite the flatness of the pitch got good bounce and turned at least 35-45 degrees. Alok was looking very sound against the spinners and pacers and he was not playing across the line at all!

Give this a rest already!

Why you think asking more explanation about your comment: "Is Kapalia better defensive batsmen than Aftab ? I think the recent "reliable under pressure" analysis indicates so." is considered as carping about Alok's out? Where I carped about Alok's out? I didn't even watched the game. I read all available reports and reviewed score card and and asked for more elaboration about your comment.

About Giving this a rest about Alok's inclusion. Sorry I cannot do so unless Alok prove me wrong or I am convinced that he is better player than whats available. At this moment none is true for me.



Edited on, February 28, 2006, 9:31 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Rubu
February 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
I guess now, more people will understand exactly where my complain is against alok. this time its more obvious than before, but this is the same thing happening for a long time. alok is taking up space for someone else who can serve the team better. once alok starts to peform, there will not be anyone who won't like him. but there is no way we can keep him in the team and hope that someday he will perform. i know many has already told me to cool off on alok. but i just can't help it. and just like fazal, it won't stop until alok is sent out of the team or starts to perform.

RazabQ
February 28, 2006, 04:52 PM
Sigh, I give up. Sham, got space on that perch of yours?

Beamer
February 28, 2006, 04:59 PM
I was not happy when Kapali was picked ahead of Aftab in the test team. Saying that, I think the Kapali haters are really mad at him not because he replaced Aftab or Mushfiq, but because their favorite Rani is not playing. Their anger is misplaced. If Rani was playing in place of Aftab, these same people won't utter one word ! Well..get ready to watch him toil away in domestics for years to come. Musfiq babu II.

Beamer
February 28, 2006, 05:00 PM
Sorry for the typo...meant Rana..

Dhakablues
February 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
Here we go again with Alok. For those who hung in there for Willow,, they have seen how Alok played. His confidence, technical accuracy makes Javed, Shahrier Nafees look like school boys. The latter also showed 'Mohsin Kamal' era batting... Even Shahadat played better. Alok was selected for his legspin edge and his not so bad show in the ODI.

I have said this in the past and will say it again,, it doesnt matter who plays the 6th position,, if the top 5 fails, none can pull us up to a respectable total. This is especially true when Mashud, Rafique is going through a drought.

But Aftab is an automatic choice over any of the players out there just below Ashraful.

Beamer
February 28, 2006, 05:10 PM
I agree with Dhakablues on all counts. Khaled Mashud is a real concern. If you are coming to bat at no.6, you better not get out after playing 50 balls with only 6 runs. I think the term "wkt dhore rakha at one end" is getting lost in reality. When you play like that and contribute nothing in terms of runs, it is almost always the more dominant partner ( Ash in this case ) would get out in the process, though it didn't happen yesterday. Alok was playing the right way with Ash. Mixing it up with runs until he got robbed by the ump.

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
I agree with Dhakablues on all counts. Khaled Mashud is a real concern. If you are coming to bat at no.6, you better not get out after playing 50 balls with only 6 runs. I think the term "wkt dhore rakha at one end" is getting lost in reality. When you play like that and contribute nothing in terms of runs, it is almost always the more dominant partner ( Ash in this case ) would get out in the process, though it didn't happen yesterday. Alok was playing the right way with Ash. Mixing it up with runs until he got robbed by the ump.

True. Also, if you are not taking singles then on an average Ashraful was playing 3 out 12 balls which could be quite frustrating for him.

During the time Pilot was on the crease he scored 6 off 50 balls.

Did you know how much Ashraful +Extra scored?

60 runs of 54 balls. Since Ashraful had just as many balls as Pilot it means Ashraful wasn't taking a lot of singles when he was with Pilot. Lot of 2,4 &6.

I am glad that Ashraful survived his own aggressiveness.

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
Saying that, I think the Kapali haters are really mad at him not because he replaced Aftab or Mushfiq, but because their favorite Rani is not playing.

:lol: I think you are over simplifing the so called Alok haters. They comes with two flavors (or may be more):

1. Alok Hater Rana lovers
2. Alok Hater Afatb/Mushfiq lovers

Sham
February 28, 2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
Sigh, I give up. Sham, got space on that perch of yours?

I've always got space for you my friend! :)

But tell me, why are you bothering with this? The Alok haters obviously didn't see his dismissal, or the lack thereof, or they decided to close their eyes while he batted, made sure they missed the part when the ball DIDN'T hit his bat, and then opened them just in time to see Bucknor's finger go up! Thats about the same moment they leapt in the air, came on Banglacricket, and wrote something about how Alok should be dropped. Its always the same old story, they will always look at the score and not the way a batsman plays or the manner in which he gets out.

Even if Alok had hit that ball, I dont think there is any sin in getting out to a good ball from Murali! 580 bloody test batsmen did so before him! But somehow, if Alok gets out, he is the failure and the fact that the bowler is one of the best ever to play or that the ball was a total snorter makes no difference.

Its about time you came and took your rightful place in my corner Razab bhai!

RazabQ
February 28, 2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Originally posted by RazabQ
Sigh, I give up. Sham, got space on that perch of yours? I've always got space for you my friend! :) ... Its about time you came and took your rightful place in my corner Razab bhai! Aah unlike you tho, I will only vouch for Kapali as long as he eschews his penchant for Laxmanism or Azharism and keeps control on his dip/loop. Also, I do feel the chapter has not closed on Rana - his last innings (3rd ODI) does show that his batting has regressed.

Anyway, I quite like this perch of yours. Quite plush and opulent :)

Rubu
February 28, 2006, 09:04 PM
Yes, I'm an alok hater (yeah right, as if no one knows yet), and yes, I did not seen him bat (had to go to work, can only afford to stay up 'til 12:00AM). given that here is my analysis.

Beamer, I think trying to say that people are mad on alok because they (us) wanted rana in the team. That is, at best, a misleading argument to hide the facts. The fact is, aftab is the 2nd best batsman of the team. the fact is, aftab had been left out because of alok.

going back to alok's out, he was given out unfortunately. fine. two questions: why is he given out like this so many times? how far would he go if he was not given out like that? I think Sham is a bigger fan of alok, and even he agreed somewhere that the inclusion of alok in test team was not justified. seems like you are the only one who does not agree. can you please explain what justifies alok's inclusion instead of diverting the argument into a different direction?

about rana been mushfiq babu: it is never gonna happen. I see the only way out for rana is: someone with better technique and form taking over his position. he form is not going to degrade. reason: he has a quality that very few bd batsman have. determination and fighting spirite. he overcomes with hard work what he lacks in merit. if you have not known, he was nominated in the catagory of ICC's emarging player of the year. there must be something in him.

But no, he does not have a chance at this point in the test team. the only reason I mentioned it somewhere is that he is a leftie and murali is not comfortable bowling against leftie. but, alok does not deserve his position as well.

Beamer
February 28, 2006, 10:18 PM
Rubu

You have not read my posts soon after the team was announced the day before yesterday. I was very much oppposed to the idea of dropping Aftab from the team citing "one day specialist" tag. I have also said that while I supported Alok's inclusion in the one day team, I was not for it at the expense of Aftab. I wrote a bunch of posts out of frustration that day on that topic.

You guys always overestimated Rana. Babu actually is having quite a good domestic season. Rana will join him someday I am sure..

reyme
March 1, 2006, 03:07 AM
Beamer shame on you intentionally misspelling Rana's name. You did it several times so it was intentional.

reyme
March 1, 2006, 03:11 AM
Hello Alok lovers, justify your reasoning his inclusion ahead of Aftab. If you have any grace left you would see his inclusion was biased and partial just the way you are biased to him. Rather crying out loud his out was this and that, you would accept it already that he does not desrve a place in the team ahead of Aftab.

reyme
March 1, 2006, 03:18 AM
Beamer, Sham and Co. continues to see the fact that Alok has been given away too many chances (not earned) without proving anything ahead of other potential candidates who truly desrves a place. He is just taking up spaces from others which is unfair, biased, irritating, frustrating and almost to point which is close to disgusting.

reyme
March 1, 2006, 03:29 AM
It is not Rana rather Alok Kapali will become a Mushfiq Babu II.
Rana is respected for his hard work and strong determination. It is unfortunate he was not selected and used wisely. He proved he is a better and more complete cricketer in the league compared tom any other national cricketer, the stats says it all. It is REAL, not an imagination.

Alok Kapali will be in the record book and in the history of world cricket as being the most fortunate cricketer of all time. Too bad Faruk, Sham and Beamer are not umpiring this game. Other wise Alok would have hit a world record 1000 runs in 1 inning!!!!!!!!!!

RazabQ
March 1, 2006, 03:32 AM
As mod:
Reyme - calm down. This is just a discussion forum not life and death.

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by reyme
It is not Rana rather Alok Kapali will become a Mushfiq Babu II.


I doubt it! To be fair with Mushfiq Babu at least he performs in local league. We cannot say that to Alok, can we? :lol:

Here is our 5th Bowling option and 3rd Spinner have done so far (actually he is the 6th bowling option for Bashar):

1 over
0 maiden
6 runs
0 wicket








Edited on, March 1, 2006, 3:10 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Beamer
March 1, 2006, 04:41 PM
reyme...Steelers 21- Seahawks 10...and the superbowl XL belongs to the super steelers !

Beamer
March 1, 2006, 04:44 PM
Its not Alok's fault that bashar lacks imagination. He should have bowled a whole lot more than one over. What I can't get over is the fact that in the 3rd ODI, the so called "supersub", who replaced Tapash got 2 overs for 15 runs and never bowled again. Its more like the case of a "superdud"!

sadi
March 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
reyme...Steelers 21- Seahawks 10...and the superbowl XL belongs to the super steelers !

ouch that hurts.... :lol:

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by sadi
Originally posted by Beamer
reyme...Steelers 21- Seahawks 10...and the superbowl XL belongs to the super steelers !

ouch that hurts.... :lol:

Does it? Only reyme can say ... however I thought its kind of "My daddy is bigger than your daddy" kind of logic... it doesn't hurt but make you smile...

Beamer
March 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
Its intended for a smile. Not to hurt. reyme was upset earlier, so I thought I would take a friendly dig at him.

No "bigger daddy syndrome " here. Sometimes, some people think way too much of themselves. Jokes are jokes and looking for logic in it is futile.

sadi
March 1, 2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Originally posted by sadi
Originally posted by Beamer
reyme...Steelers 21- Seahawks 10...and the superbowl XL belongs to the super steelers !

ouch that hurts.... :lol:

Does it? Only reyme can say ... however I thought its kind of "My daddy is bigger than your daddy" kind of logic... it doesn't hurt but make you smile...

I am glad you got it... :clap:

Sham
March 1, 2006, 06:19 PM
Reyme, dude, take it easy! At this rate, you are going to either have a heart attack or a stroke and all because Kapali is in the BD team, and not to mention, you are too young to die!

Spitfire_x86
March 1, 2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by reyme
Beamer shame on you intentionally misspelling Rana's name. You did it several times so it was intentional.
Why did misspelling Rana's name intentionally upset you so much? If people are free to call Kapali "Kopali", then there's nothing wrong with calling Rana "Rani"

Sham
March 1, 2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Originally posted by reyme
Beamer shame on you intentionally misspelling Rana's name. You did it several times so it was intentional.
Why did misspelling Rana's name intentionally upset you so much? If people are free to call Kapali "Kopali", then there's nothing wrong with calling Rana "Rani"

If calling him Kopali isn't bad enough, one of our friends sometimes likes to refer to him as Alok Chandra Shaha! Now that I find to be in very bad taste! I know that Hindus aren't having a great time in BD right now but no need to get after them on the BC message board as well!