PDA

View Full Version : Ash's guarantee, Can he back it up?

cricman
February 27, 2006, 06:00 PM
"But I can assure you that if I get a start and at least score 20 runs, I will make it a big one this time around. I hope you will see a different Ashraful in the Test series,"

Let's say he does score 20, which is not a gimme in it's self but if he gets past 20 will he make it a big one.

Same article on Taunting (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/02/28/d60228040226.htm)

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 11:01 PM GMT, by cricman.

billah
February 27, 2006, 06:28 PM
Wish him all the best. He needs a supporting partner & I see that he finds the support in his captain. We need him to score if we are to see a decent performance. A world-record debut century against SL, a run-a-ball hundred against Australia, a raging-bull 158 against India, a 52-ball-96 against Harmison & Flintoff... if there is one Bangladeshi batsman with raw talent, its Ash. He has already proven to be capable of dreaming the seemingly impossible dreams for us...

I think he can score big..with some regularity.

TheWatcher
February 27, 2006, 06:43 PM
As usual, Ash is talking too much and creating unnecessary pressure on himself. Just do it.

Fazal
February 27, 2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
As usual, Ash is talking too much and creating unnecessary pressure on himself. Just do it.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 11:40 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

:up: একদম আমার মনের কথা বলেছেন ! কথা বেশি না বলে কাজে দেখালেই আমরা খুশি হবো...

mahrookh
February 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

aar koto dekhben ? Last 2 ta odi tey 50+ runs , ki aro chan ? Now he is doing it in real :)

Ekhonto money hoitasey jey amrai kotha beshi bolie orey support nah koira :)

RazabQ
February 27, 2006, 06:54 PM
How much do you wanna bet that Sangi was the one who was leading the "taunting" against Ash? :)

ASA
February 27, 2006, 06:56 PM

really. this lad is only showing how immature he still is by opening his mouth. hope he hasn't gone too far of himself this time ... i don't want our 'star' batsman make a fool of himself.

but ofcourse ... good luck and all the best for him and the team! :up:

Fazal
February 27, 2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Originally posted by Fazal

aar koto dekhben ? Last 2 ta odi tey 50+ runs , ki aro chan ? Now he is doing it in real :)

Ekhonto money hoitasey jey amrai kotha beshi bolie orey support nah koira :)

Please re-read TheWatcher's comment again... there is no point creating unnecessary pressure on himself by HIMSELF... and that is the point here, That shows immaturity, whether he can back up or not .... is not the point TheWatcher was making.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2006, 07:01 PM
He scored 50 in his last two ODIs. So his quota for this series has finished.

mahrookh
February 27, 2006, 07:11 PM
He should get atleast one hundred and hope he will get it :)

BioMEMS
February 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
The lesser we expect from him, the better. I am just speaking from past experience.

Duck
February 28, 2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh
He should get atleast one hundred and hope he will get it :)

you read his mind! how?!;)

ZunaidH
February 28, 2006, 10:48 AM
So he (Ash) delivered. The man has conviction. Three players in the current BD team that play with conviction include Ash. The other two are Enamul Jr. and Mashrafe. Great innings!

oracle
February 28, 2006, 10:50 AM
He delivered big time:bravo:

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
Ash saved the day for Bangladesh.:clap:

sadi
February 28, 2006, 10:54 AM
nice

Rubu
February 28, 2006, 10:54 AM
:bravo: Ash

He kept his promise.

Bd team is becoming a one man show.

Warlock
February 28, 2006, 11:10 AM
Ash is getting it:flag:. He has done it three times in a row this time. That's a new record for him. :bravo:

fwullah
February 28, 2006, 11:40 AM
I really enjoyed reading this post.

But the main question remains: will Ashraful get cranked in the 2nd innings with these praises? His century will mean nothing like his debut test century against Sri Lanka if the Bangladesh team can't draw or show some fight in this match.

In simple words, this century will mean nothing to us after this match is over like that maiden century against Australia which meant something to all of us - when we won.

capslock
February 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Warlock
Ash is getting it:flag:. He has done it three times in a row this time. That's a new record for him. :bravo:

Natwest Series: 100, 94, 58

Shafin
February 28, 2006, 12:00 PM
সেকেন্ড ইনিংসে আশরাফুল কত করবে বলে আপনাদের মনে হয়?

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by capslock
Originally posted by Warlock
Natwest Series: 100, 94, 58
So he missed it by one run :)
to break the 3 consecutive innings highest run record (252) of his, Ash has to score 52. can someone let him know that, please.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
Ash was the man. He should have kept going i felt but century is good enough for now but he needs to convert century to double century for us to succeed. Bashar not getting a big score! I thought he was settle and then he got out. Same with Nafees Iqbal he did all the hard work and then got himself out. But positive signs.

al Furqaan
February 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
i voted after the fact.

:fanflag:

betaar
February 28, 2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
I really enjoyed reading this post.

But the main question remains: will Ashraful get cranked in the 2nd innings with these praises? His century will mean nothing like his debut test century against Sri Lanka if the Bangladesh team can't draw or show some fight in this match.

In simple words, this century will mean nothing to us after this match is over like that maiden century against Australia which meant something to all of us - when we won.

now you are getting greedy....;)

cricket_pagol
February 28, 2006, 04:47 PM
I voted "he won't get to 20" after the first day!

One thing is for sure, Ashraful has become more matured as a player. I expect him to be more consistent from now.