PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful- Is he finally getting it?

sadi
February 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
wow... quite a nice innings... he backed up his word for the first time... scored a magnificent 136 this time... Is he finally realizing what he can do if he can settle in? I hope so. :up:

Mahmood
February 28, 2006, 10:56 AM
We all know his talent, if he can control his mindset, he will definitly be among the top 10 batsmen ranking.

Warlock
February 28, 2006, 10:57 AM
I dearly dearly want to hope so:wow:
Right now- he is the best we have got!
He is probably the only player who can take on any side in the world and get away with it.
Hopefully he will hold our middle order together till the next crop of cricketers (present U-19 bunch) come up and share some of the loads.:fanflag:

nayef
February 28, 2006, 10:58 AM
by the end of this series we'll know for sure...

but 3 consecutive 50+ innings.... its definitely a good achievement so far! :bravo:

Cricket46
February 28, 2006, 10:58 AM
It is not only the 100 that matters, but note the recent consistency. That is more important for him and the team.

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 11:00 AM
Good thing they sent a baby sitter (Pilot) early. Shahriar Nafees is quite mature and great leader too. I am sure they kept him calm.

As long as Ashraful doesn't start to think that he has become "something" then he'll be fine.

"Pita/mair" works on him well and "praise" messes him up.

sadi
February 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
What really impresses me is that this time he backed his word... he said if he can get over 20, he will make it big and we saw him doing it yesterday.... unfortunately there wasn't anyone on the other end to give him support...

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 11:05 AM
There is a good tendency that now Ash tries to build his innings first before he gets aggressive.... I hope he adopt it for good.... in the future when he will have some solid partner... I hope he don't get too aggressive and try to his 1st ever 200 for BD..... technically he can do it.... but the question is does he have the will power to stay calm?

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by sadi
What really impresses me is that this time he backed his word... he said if he can get over 20, he will make it big and we saw him doing it yesterday.... unfortunately there wasn't anyone on the other end to give him support...

You know if you say "chokka" while playing ludu all the time, eventually you'll get it. Don't get excited about what he says. Lets see if he has started to think better. Thats the most important thing he needs to improve on. A flash, that he could always do.

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
There is a good tendency that now Ash tries to build his innings first before he gets aggressive.... I hope he adopt it for good.... in the future when he will have some solid partner... I hope he don't get too aggressive and try to his 1st ever 200 for BD..... technically he can do it.... but the question is does he have the will power to stay calm?

There is something called "brain type", and for people like Ashraful the "threat" is the ultimate mover. Nothing else works. He needs kick in the butt threat. He needs to be scared which makes him careful. Its very very difficult for him to become smarter. Praise is poison for him.

oracle
February 28, 2006, 11:11 AM
I WAS"NT amused with the numerous paddle shots he was trying to improvise against Murali. Otherwise really entertaining when he does'nt get out. One gets teh lingering feeling that with Ash it is 100 or nothing....

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
As long as Ashraful doesn't start to think that he has become "something" then he'll be fine.

Well said again. The partnership with Mashud was crucial at that stage.

I just wonder what the SL fielders said to him to play the mind game. Who ever interviews should ask him.

Edited on, February 28, 2006, 4:16 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

SMHasan
February 28, 2006, 11:22 AM
Was an amazing innings, determination, technique, luck everything was there. It was another sleepless night for me.Thanks Ash it was worthed.

But the sad thing is no one else supported him well. Otherwise we could have done much better.Still 315 isnt bad.

Edited on, February 28, 2006, 4:23 PM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

syedmahm
February 28, 2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks to Sonargaon management to punish Ash along with some others.

fwullah
February 28, 2006, 11:31 AM
Remembering Rokon - I think I read it somewhere that it is very easy to get Rokon out just by talking to him.

Ashraful said (in today's Prothom Alo / Daily Star, I think) that he was encouraged to play his shots by the Sri Lankan fielders in the 3rd One Dayer.

So, there is some similarity I'm seeing in them. However, the sooner Ashraful can get out of this 'Rokon' thing, the better.

On the other hand, if Ashraful can do all the things that he has been saying all this time, then he will become the captain of Bangladesh team very soon - like Akram Khan-Aminul Islam category.

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
Let Ash learn the game and let him use his braincells on his batting only. Captainship might overwhelm him. If there are no smarter people than him in the team then may be we should give up.