PDA

View Full Version : The Boy Becomes A Man

capslock
February 28, 2006, 11:08 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41384000/jpg/_41384296_ban_ashraful203.jpg

No smile, no jump for joy, just steel and grit and determination. Looks very different from the boy who scored a century against this same team five years ago. The boy has become a man.

Edited on, February 28, 2006, 4:42 PM GMT, by capslock.

sadi
February 28, 2006, 11:15 AM
:up: well done

SMHasan
February 28, 2006, 11:16 AM
Well done ash!!

Mahmood
February 28, 2006, 11:19 AM
Ash is the man.

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
Don't call him "man".

Foolaile bust korbo.

praise= poison (for Ash)

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2006, 11:24 AM
Anyways, 200+ in three outings. He should know these bowlers fairly well now. can we expect bigger and better performance in this series?

Edited on, February 28, 2006, 4:25 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sadi
February 28, 2006, 11:25 AM
or he can take a long nap now that he did his job... :yawn:

Rubu
February 28, 2006, 11:27 AM
He just need a partner who will hang with him as long as he is there. He looses concontration when partners get out.

SMHasan
February 28, 2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sadi
or he can take a long nap now that he did his job... :yawn:

Hahahaha.....gumaisnare Ash noile khobor ache.

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Rubu
He just need a partner who will hang with him as long as he is there. He looses concontration when partners get out.

And there comes the role of player like Mushfiq to hold on in the other end.... I know ... I know.... some of you guys will play the same old record... he need to wait.... he needs experience... etc etc...

Nasif
February 28, 2006, 11:30 AM
Congrats!
<== Ash The Man

moinkhan
February 28, 2006, 11:40 AM
Well done, Ash.

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Fazal

And there comes the role of player like Mushfiq to hold on in the other end.... I know ... I know.... some of you guys will play the same old record... he need to wait.... he needs experience... etc etc...

Ain't that the truth. Rahim would have been really handy yesterday if he was there instead of Alok as a pure batsman. May be we would have been at 340/5 now if he dug in which he is perfectly capable of.

capslock
February 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
Alok has pics of Faruq with farm animals.

Duck
February 28, 2006, 12:06 PM
Well done Ash...............your grey matter is getting the grey color eventually...;) Hope you wont go into hybernation....summer is coming!

:duck::duck:

rudro
February 28, 2006, 12:12 PM
Well done Ash! Hope your bat keeps smiling..........

Mon
February 28, 2006, 12:22 PM
congrats.
it looks all too nice now and i hope it stays this way.

Shafin
February 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
আছিল বালক হইল পুরুষ

:up:

sunniath
February 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
আছিল বালক হইল পুরুষ

:up:

bhai re,purush hoyar criteria to different:lol:.

Ejaj
February 28, 2006, 01:13 PM
haha.. to me .. heis still that boy. His dismissal proved that. He still need another 5 years . before he can called as Man. For this time being.. he is still our boy wonder.!!:D

ASA
February 28, 2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by capslock
Alok has pics of Faruq with farm animals.

:pig::lol:

Rubu
February 28, 2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

[turning on the old record]See if we had mushi in this match, we might have benifited in this match. we would get harmed in the long run. I'm willing to accept some sort term damage to gain some big long run advantage[turning off the old record]

it is not the case that there was no one else. Aftab was a good option. even rana could have been a better choice since he is leftie and has the attitude of refusing to get out. since murali is not that comfortable bowling agianst leftie it would have been a good idea actually.

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 01:29 PM

even rana could have been a better choice since he is leftie and has the attitude of refusing to get out. since murali is not that comfortable bowling agianst leftie it would have been a good idea actually.

:lol: Now that will turn-on another old record.....

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2006, 04:28 PM
hehehe...Abed babu ailo!!

Hegar
February 28, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well done Ash. I just think they would have been better playing Rahim instead of kapali. Kapali is an alrounder but he only has 6 test wickets and Rahim is a better batsman. When playing a test match you need the best batsman in the team. Kapali has not yet earned a test spot.

aosaif
February 28, 2006, 05:20 PM
well.....looks like Ash guaranteed his place in the squad for this year, no matter if his scores in subsequent innings turns out to resemble somebody's phone number.....001250678

fawazakik
February 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
ash is still not a man yet. have u seen some of his crazy shots against murali? he was trying reverse swip relentlessly. on some of them he was going to be bowled. so he still needs to mature a lot. he plays for fame more than team i think.

IanW
February 28, 2006, 10:09 PM
"When you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,

then you'll be a man, my son"

Ian Whitchurch, who has Kippled

pagol-chagol
February 28, 2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by IanW
"When you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,

then you'll be a man, my son"

Ian Whitchurch, who has Kippled

When a boy sleeps for 13 innings and then wake up to create havoc he should be called "Kumvokorno".

To be a man you need to stay awake longer.

PoorFan
February 28, 2006, 10:30 PM
This is the first time I felt like he is getting matured and learning.
Well done Ash, hope other guys get inspired by his innings, Nafees, Nafis, Alok.