PDA

View Full Version : What Really Pleased Me Today

pilot fan
February 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
the thing that realy pleased me today apart from ah's century is that apart from nafis and ash none of our batsman gave there wicket away which is often the case in test matches

i think the reason why aftab did not play was because dav realy wanted people in the side who were going to fight to keep there wickets

JO- nicked a very good dilivery no compalnts about that
Basher- given LBW when trying to get forward and defend
Nafees- trying to punish a bad ball but he played very well today
Alok- trying to get to the pitch of the ball which bounced and caught the edge
Pilot- between by quicker ball played a vital innings today to stop the collapse
Rafique- beatenby pace
Russel - beaten by pace

nafis- played a very irraseponable shot but aprt from that he realy imprssed me today in the way he played the new ball i much prefer him operning and playing s nefees at number 4

Ash- for me his best innings so far well pased and was aware what was happerning around him formed many crucil partnerships, is wicket away in the end played good sensible aggresvie cricket throughout.

Ejaj
February 28, 2006, 12:32 PM
Well.. so far in this series.. pilot form with both gloves and bat.. had been alarming..... he is doing quite poor according to his standard.

Cricket46
February 28, 2006, 12:49 PM
I did not watch the game yesterday. But from what I saw on Channel I TV news, it seemed to me Javed threw his wicket away. Usually he is not so aggressive a batsman, so that was really surprising to me.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 28, 2006, 12:56 PM
Man how did Raffique get out? Was Raffique facing new ball??? Reverse swing? But that wouldn't be beaten by pace as the topic starter suggested??? If Raffique stay there we would score few more runs. I not going to bother about other batsman except for Bashar because he is our captain and I except lot more from since he is also one of the most senior.

Ajfar
February 28, 2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Ejaj
Well.. so far in this series.. pilot form with both gloves and bat.. had been alarming..... he is doing quite poor according to his standard.

i say we kick out pilot and give mushfiqur rahim a chance i know he is young.. but i hav seen him play at lords.. as a batsman i'd say he is our next asraful............the shots he played against englad were awesome...he is the next big thing for bangladesh i just know it................

Ejaj
February 28, 2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Man how did Raffique get out? Was Raffique facing new ball??? Reverse swing? But that wouldn't be beaten by pace as the topic starter suggested??? If Raffique stay there we would score few more runs. I not going to bother about other batsman except for Bashar because he is our captain and I except lot more from since he is also one of the most senior.

Yes it was the new ball, very new indeed. I think it was just the very first or 2nd over with the new ball. And. Malinga was bowling in really good pace. It was bit tough for Rafq

Spitfire_x86
February 28, 2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by pilot fan
JO- nicked a very good dilivery no compalnts about that
There will be always good deliveries from the bowlers. Javed is there to obediently nick these deliveries.

Fazal
February 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
What Really Pleased Me Today

I decided to sleep instead (last night). Even though I missed Ash's century ... but I have to admit now that I am feeling so much better physically.

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2006, 01:08 PM
JO did not nick a good delivered ball. The ball was way outside the off (almost a wide) and he did not need to chase those. He just scored a 4 before that delivery. This was the 1st over of the match. He not only threw his wicket away he threw his reputation with it.

Bashar's out is debatable. he had a long stride. i think the umpire just caved in from the long and loud appeal.

Things I liked (apart from Ash's innings):
Shahriar Nafees and Pilots innings. They both did their job perfectly. hold up one end while Ash punished the bowlers.

Shahadat, Rasel combined faced 33 balls.

Ejaj
February 28, 2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by bangladesh_sy

i say we kick out pilot and give mushfiqur rahim a chance i know he is young.. but i hav seen him play at lords.. as a batsman i'd say he is our next asraful............the shots he played against englad were awesome...he is the next big thing for bangladesh i just know it................

LOL... sorry mate.. cant agree at all about what u said. Pilot is stil not yet replacable. and Rahim .. well. really good but. i would still want pilot in my team. He is just going though some bad timing. but he will be back soon. And. Rahim.. should also play.. in plae of Nafees or Alok.. not in plce of Pilot. :lol:

billah
February 28, 2006, 01:21 PM
Yesterday, he did exactly what was needed at that point of the match. During this partnership, Ash found the support to go for the big shots, open up. In the process, Pilot gobbled up 50 deliveries. I think, if one more wicket had fallen at this point, Ash would have gone ballistic and lost his wicket. Pilot settled in so nicely, Ash got to his 100.

Also, after seeing the kind of wicket keeping Pilot did in the second ODI, I am sure that he is the best wicket keeper in all of Asia. The stunning catches he took were brilliant. The runout towards the end of SL innings was also a jewel. Pilot is just getting better and better. Replacing him, at this point would be suicidal.

Sami
February 28, 2006, 01:54 PM
Pilot apart from stopping the collapse (by some divine intervention), was in no way to be commended for batting today. He was uncomfortable against each and every bowler, and I was actually surprised that he hung out there for as long as he did. He was poking at the ball, he was defending awkwardly, in fact when he hit the ball cleanly he himself was surprised (thats how it looked to me) that he had managed to get one right.

Ahmed_B
February 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
I say we kick out pilot and........
Why someone, in a sane mind, would use those words for players like Pilot is beyond all my understandings!

LateCut
February 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pilot fan
Basher- given LBW when trying to get forward and defend

I disagree. Basher clearly showed no intention of defending the ball. He seemed just wanted to pad the ball. When you stretch that much, at least make attemp to make a contact. He left no choice to the umpire. He had to give LBW.

Sami
February 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Why someone, in a sane mind, would use those words for players like Pilot is beyond all my understandings!

does say a lot abt the mind then doesnt it?

just kidding... couldnt resist :embaressed:

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2006, 04:32 PM

:lol:

tai to boli...."koydin por por ei forume ekekta cheese kottheke ashe?" ;)

sorry, couldn't resist either :P

Bat-PadTogether
February 28, 2006, 05:45 PM
Come On!How can you forget the time Pilot stayed with Ashraful.I still think Pilot has some more years to contribute for Bangladesh.Asif u hurt me lot!!!Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

:lol:

tai to boli...."koydin por por ei forume ekekta cheese kottheke ashe?" ;)

sorry, couldn't resist either :P

gravitY
February 28, 2006, 06:35 PM

i'd say Pilot did ok yesterday, he played 49 balls, tried to give strike to Ash as much as possible.

CricTiger
February 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
This is another way of getting lots of reactions from fans, like us.

thebest
February 28, 2006, 08:59 PM
I am really disappointed with NI, SN and Pilot. NI and SN was playing so well that it giving me the feeling that they are not going to be out. And suddenly they gone. Regarding Pilot I think it is one of the worst innings played by him. For one ball I did not have the confidence that he would survive. He was playing so poorly. May be he is feeling the pressure of Mushi. I would not say drop him and doing a Taposh. But I am worried. Did he losing it?