PDA

View Full Version : Chacha in New Career as ESPN Commentator “Over There”

babubangla
February 28, 2006, 01:06 PM
Did you guys see Chacha as ESPN Commentator Yesterday?

He gave commentary all day along with Ravi Shastri, Athar Ali, and others. Ravi Shasti introduced him to the commentary team---“here we have for the first time in our Commentary Team- Khaled Mahmud Shuzon"-- you know how Ravi pronouces "Shhhhuzzon" !! After a Sri Lankan duo commentary, they again introduced him “Here comes to commentary box, two Bangladeshi commentators at the same time Khaled Mahmud and Athar Ali—a very rare occasion in cricket commentary”.

His English was not so fluent. But language wise—it was workable. He used the phrase “over there” in almost every sentence—Ashraful needs to be careful over there, Bangladeshi should try to keep their wicket intact before lunch break over there, Sri Lanka should think about a bowling change over there etc. Quality wise- he was shaky as a first-timer. Understandably, his language fluency and vocabulary made this even harder. But he made some fielding change suggestions for Sri Lanka which Ravi Shastri also supported. So, he was not just a describer "over there".

Good to see him in Commentary. I hope he will improve and become a regular TV commentator in Bangladesh matches along with Athar Ali.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2006, 01:08 PM
wow. TV commentator? two bangladeshis at the same time? nice nice...

english tao howe jabe...bepar na...shikhe felbe...good to see him in the commentary box over there. ;)

sadi
February 28, 2006, 01:08 PM
I like him commentating over there :P

Ishtylish cricketer
February 28, 2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by sadi
I like him commentating over there :P

lol. I think he belongs over there.

sadi
February 28, 2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
wow. TV commentator? two bangladeshis at the same time? nice nice...

english tao howe jabe...bepar na...shikhe felbe...good to see him in the commentary box over there. ;)

dude you beat me over there :lol:

Duck
February 28, 2006, 01:14 PM
:duck::duck::duck::duck: over there!

Edited on, February 28, 2006, 6:14 PM GMT, by Dak_Pion.

Rubu
February 28, 2006, 01:16 PM
I was just thinking about a better position for him. to replace faruk and co. with nannu and sujon. i'm slowy but surely loosing respect for the selectors.

Kana-Baba
February 28, 2006, 01:18 PM
I am rather happy to see Sujon over there in the commentary box than seeing him playing over there in the filed. :)

Shafin
February 28, 2006, 01:35 PM
'i think' He was also using 'i think' a lot

babubangla
February 28, 2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
I was just thinking about a better position for him. to replace faruk and co. with nannu and sujon. i'm slowy but surely loosing respect for the selectors.

We already have one selector-commentator-- Athar.
ESPN will certainly do some review on Chacha’s commentary performance.
If he qualifies, I guess we could easily have one manager-commentator in Chacha.

Sami
February 28, 2006, 01:43 PM
Sujon's commentry was quite ok for a first timer. Many a times he was at a loss for words... and just went silent midway thru the sentence.

When Athar and Sujon were on the box together, Athar didnt even let Sujon speak, I was like da*n it, shut up and let the new guy speak, we have heard you so so many times already.

babubangla
February 28, 2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Sami
When Athar and Sujon were on the box together, Athar didnt even let Sujon speak, I was like da*n it, shut up and let the new guy speak, we have heard you so so many times already.

In this case Ravi Shastri was very much helpful.
For a first-timer, finding out what to say may be an issue.
Ravi made it easier for chacha by asking questions about Bangladesh Team and asking Chacha's opinion on match proceedings. It warmed up Chacha a lot--as a result he was speaking a lot with Ravi.

sunniath
February 28, 2006, 01:54 PM
if you heard ranjit farnando at the beginning of his commentating days,all of you would have given chacha nobel prize in commentating.it is good to see a bd cricketer speaking english.but i would like to see him as the manager of bd rather than just a commentator.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2006, 03:40 PM
taile chacha mone hoy ebar asholei retire korlo ;)

Beamer
February 28, 2006, 03:52 PM
He made Athar look good. If you can believe that! Shaky starter but that is expected. Both of them ( chacha and Athar ) repeats the same stuff over and over again!

Sami
February 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by sunniath
if you heard ranjit farnando at the beginning of his commentating days,all of you would have given chacha nobel prize in commentating.it is good to see a bd cricketer speaking english.but i would like to see him as the manager of bd rather than just a commentator.

Ranjit fernando is an abysmal commentator... same as he was before and thats how he will be... so Shujon is better than him any day of the year.

BanglaMusic
February 28, 2006, 04:15 PM
chachaa did ok for first day.
btw... what happened to shamim ashraf?? do not see that guy no more!

aosaif
February 28, 2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah, Ranjit Fernando......"one gets the feeling....", "one tends to think....", "one would have thought..."

Abysmal is the worD!

Athar, even though his english ain't the best, he sounds agreeable.

Never heard ChaCha commentate. Hopefully he'll come good.

Bat-PadTogether
February 28, 2006, 05:22 PM
OMG!I thought it was Raqibul Hassan! Well Done Chacha!

sonarbangla
February 28, 2006, 05:46 PM
:E lol chacha spoke funny...he is not tht used to with english yet.. :fanflag: but anyways.. good for him.. and i hope he will get used to with it by time.. ;)

gravitY
February 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BanglaMusic
chachaa did ok for first day.
btw... what happened to shamim ashraf?? do not see that guy no more!

yaa, where' he? is he goin' trhu bad time, like Hannan Sarkar?

Yes, chachaaa did fine for the first day, sure he will improve quite a lot.

Sauron
February 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
ওয়াও!!! অবশেষে চাচা আসলেই অল-রাঊন্ডার হলেন।

আশা করি উনার ব্যাটিং, বোলিং আর ফিল্ডিং এর চেয়ে কমেন্ট্রি'র মান আপেক্ষিক ভাবে উন্নত হবে। হে আল্লাহ্‌ , হে রহমানুর রহিম, ই এস পি এন যেন চাচা'র কমেন্ট্রি পছন্দ করে। এক মাত্র তাহলেই দলে আবার না ফেরাটা নিশ্চিত হবে।

Ehsan
February 28, 2006, 06:24 PM
I found this "over there" sydrome not so funny over here. :)

brikonwall
February 28, 2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
taile chacha mone hoy ebar asholei retire korlo ;)

Thats funny...

Dhakablues
February 28, 2006, 07:37 PM
Man.. why is it that we never have an elequont speaking Cricketer? They dont have to be Dav Watmore but atleast Wasim Akram/Ramiz Raza/Sanjib Sharma would've been something to cheer about.

Shujon didnt do a good job.. Its not like BTV or Channel-I 'Uccho Shikhkhay Desh Bidesh" assignment... this was an international broadcasting. But I hope Shujon will start to relax and speak cricket freely in English in the coming days. Atleast he does have the attitude.

vindeshi
February 28, 2006, 07:52 PM
Well Chacha's commentry as a debutant is allright & hope he'll blast in commentry with his cricket sense OVER THERE in ceommentry box.

sunniath
March 1, 2006, 01:31 AM
sentence:rice tastes good.
ranjit farnando's version: one might say that when one tastes rice,one might find it so very good.:lol:

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 6:31 AM GMT, by sunniath.

fwullah
March 1, 2006, 07:36 AM
I was really really frustrated watching today's game progressed as I predicted.

But reading this thread, all my frustrations are over for today.

Ejaj
March 1, 2006, 07:47 AM
what is so bothering about chacha's new career. he is good enough to take this positon. I wish him good luck in this field.

irteja
March 1, 2006, 08:23 AM
Chachas is not fluent.....but i like his OVER THERE>>>:lol::lol::lol:

Shafin
March 1, 2006, 10:04 AM
'i think' he also says 'I think' a lot.
So change the title to ''I think'' Chacha in New Career as ESPN Commentator “Over There”

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 3:04 PM GMT, by Shark_fin.

BanglaCool
March 1, 2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Beamer
He made Athar look good. If you can believe that! Shaky starter but that is expected. Both of them ( chacha and Athar ) repeats the same stuff over and over again!
..just like the BD batsmen.:fanflag:

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 3:28 PM GMT, by BanglaCool.

BanglaCool
March 1, 2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by sunniath
sentence:rice tastes good.
ranjit farnando's version: one might say that when one tastes rice,one might find it so very good.:lol:

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 6:31 AM GMT, by sunniath.
ROFL:great::lol:

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 10:33 AM
None of us have any sort of experience in comentry.
So why dont we let ChaCha do his business.

--- I like this reusable quote :)