PDA

View Full Version : Grunting

samircreep
March 1, 2006, 04:14 AM
So wat do u guys think bout Rajib's grunting. I feel sorry for the poor guy, he just cant seem to help it.But then again, i understand the batters concern too. if u were the grunting wat u do?

the funniest part was ash's comments after the umpire warned rajib for the first time:"duita ball paye laglei pachal para shuru kore ken?ettokhon to shalara chup chilo":lol:

Sham
March 1, 2006, 06:08 AM
Haha!

But I think Rajib has bigger problems than his grunting. I saw him at Lord's and I watched him today and I don't really see any improvement. I don't think he still understands that he will not get batsmen out with his kind of pace. It might be quick for Bangladesh domestic players, but its dud bhaat for Test players. Why does he not get that?

Once he realizes that, he will need to start trying to bowl with some rhythm. I think he totally lacks that right now. He doesn't bowl two balls in the same spot. Six balls in an over are in six different places. When he started off, he was continuously bowling down the leg-side to left-handers. Come on, at Test level, you ought to be able to switch from a right-handers line to a left-handers line quite easily! If there is a right-hand/left-hand combo, one can understand that bowlers have trouble, but what excuse is there for bowling totally down the wrong line to two left-handed batters?

And then at the end when he had the new ball, had a new batsman in Bandara and two slips and a short cover, he was bowling down the leg-side to the right hander!

Rajib sort of reminds me of Shanto in his approach and style of bowling. Too busy trying to bowl quick (Shanto was in the late 90s BD's fastest bowler) and not worried about getting the basics right!

Ejaj
March 1, 2006, 06:21 AM
well.. cant totally agree with your buddy. I didnt watch the earlier part of his bowling , but his bowling inthe middle and at the end was pretty good. He might not be the fastest kind of bowler we see in world record, but he certainly has good enough pace to puzzle batsman once in a while. His last spell was . i would say. terrific. He really pumped blood into his heart to bowl that spell. I am really hopeful for this lad. Once he learn to use the old ball, he will be much more useful with that. its just time man.

Spitfire_x86
March 1, 2006, 06:25 AM
I watched only the early part of his bowling. IMO, Sham's opinion is quite true. This is the first time I've watched him bowl and watching the similarity between him and Shanto wasn't a very good experience.

hkooraham
March 1, 2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by samircreep
So wat do u guys think bout Rajib's grunting. I feel sorry for the poor guy, he just cant seem to help it.But then again, i understand the batters concern too. if u were the grunting wat u do?

the funniest part was ash's comments after the umpire warned rajib for the first time:"duita ball paye laglei pachal para shuru kore ken?ettokhon to shalara chup chilo":lol:

I don't think the poor guy can help it. If he suppresses his grunts they'll come out as farts. Then it'll be worse for the batters, guys.

So Lankans, it's your call. What do you want ? Grunts or farts ? Or both ?

Ejaj
March 1, 2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I watched only the early part of his bowling. IMO, Sham's opinion is quite true. This is the first time I've watched him bowl and watching the similarity between him and Shanto wasn't a very good experience.

Try getting the video for 2nd and 3rd spell of him. Specially in the 3rd spell wth new ball. .he really banged hard.

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 07:16 AM
well....usually batsmen dont complain......i heard Shaoib Akhter grunting when he gives much effort in his delivery...

Anyway Rajib grunts in almost all his deliveries....he needs to get out of it.....

irteja
March 1, 2006, 08:27 AM
i think batsman do not like bowlear grounting...some time for grounting they might not hear umpire NO ball call

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by irteja
i think batsman do not like bowlear grounting...some time for grounting they might not hear umpire NO ball call This is why the SL batsmen were concern at SL. I have seen the first session. The grunting really didn't bother me nor the batsmen or the commentators. The Roshan mentioned it once and our dear chacha was thinking that was an insult to a BD player so he countered with NZ batsmen complained against Malinga's side arm action, lol.

Shahadat is only 19/20. All he needs some more coaching and time. He is better than current Taposh.

sadi
March 1, 2006, 09:18 AM
I haven't seen him bowl in the afternoon but in the first session, he was very disappointing.... Got to agree with Sham... he kept bowling down the legside and if in this level, you can't keep a certain line and length, it will be very hard for anyone to get wickets... and thats why shahadat struggled...

Sham
March 1, 2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Ejaj
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

Try getting the video for 2nd and 3rd spell of him. Specially in the 3rd spell wth new ball. .he really banged hard.

I saw the third spell with the new ball, its wasn't all that great in my opinion.

Okay so he was pumped up and trying to bowl quick, so what good is that on this placid pitch! He isn't going to get anyone out with with his pace, even at his fastest, on this pitch. He needs to learn to put the ball in the right area. He should have been trying to get the ball around the off-stump and trying to get an edge to his two slips. Instead, he was either bowling too full on the legs, or bouncing the batsmen.

I think he has potential just because he has height and some pace, atleast by Bangladesh's standards. And he is young so he can obviously learn. But at this point, he is not really ready for this level. He bowls some good deliveries once in a wihle but most of the time he is trying to do too much and doing nothing as a result!

roi
March 1, 2006, 10:15 AM
I would borrow astly giles comments--->"If you second it or not he is the 3rd best that we have got". There is no Mcgra or Wasim in bangladesh. So lets give him some more time to learn for atleast 3/4 yrs.
Their is no role for rajib in the team to learn. You also have to consider about that.:bald:

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 3:16 PM GMT, by roi.

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 10:31 AM
None of us have any sort of experience in test or ODI.
So why dont we let Rajib do his business

--- sorry roi for stealing you quote (and replacing bashar with Rajib):lol:

fishyguy
March 1, 2006, 10:58 AM
How fast is he anyway?

I think its all about mentality. The problem with some of our bowlers is that they are not so called thinking bowlers. You have to be smart about your bowling. Variations like swinging the ball both ways, changes in pace, bowling a yorker bowling an effective bouncer, these are just basic repertoires of a fast bowler. He dosent seem to have any of those.

What does he do at the nets. Don't these guys do any homework. They need to really study the game trying to learn and improve all the time. I'm not talking about completely changing but adding on to your ability. Who is talking to these players!

But I still think he's better than Boysa and Nazmul. Atleast he did get a wicket in the end.

He's still young I guess but he really has to change his attitude.

They really need good role models.

I really think that the biggest problem with BD is still their mental approach. It HAS to change dramatically if they are to be competitve.

RazabQ
March 1, 2006, 03:42 PM
Agree with what Sham says. In addtion, what Shahadat needs to learn is how to bowl and outsinger and to keep his wrist cocked consistenty. Did you see how often the seam position would be semi-scrambled? He worked up some decent pace but he needs to do the handkerchief routine. Drop a handkerchief on back of goodlenght in line with off stump and practice pitching the ball on it. Start slowly and build up. Is that too old a routine? Doesn't Dav or these guys have anything similar?