PDA

View Full Version : Was Enamul Haque jr a good choose or should have they gone with a 3rd seamer ?

BD_Ashraful
March 1, 2006, 04:40 AM

Ejaj
March 1, 2006, 06:13 AM
Or Rather, Was Kapali a good choose in place of Aftab.. in this way.. Aftab might habe been our 3rd seamer and a very good middle order batsman..... damn faruk!!

fwullah
March 1, 2006, 07:03 AM
Oh, this match is already out of our hands. There goes our chance to fight in this match - let alone a hope for a draw!

sadi
March 1, 2006, 09:27 AM
quite impressed with enamul actually... I saw the second day till lunch and he was bowling quite good... he was getting lots of turn and wasn't afraid to give the ball lots of flight... :up:

oracle
March 1, 2006, 09:35 AM
I don't understand why the "noball" issue with Enamul was'nt corrected. This was happening in England and also in the Zimbabwe series.

Secondly, why did'nt the captain give at least 2 more( or even more at the close) overs to Kaps. Did I miss something? Was he injured?

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 2:36 PM GMT, by oracle.

Sham
March 1, 2006, 09:35 AM
I think he bowled really well all day long! He wasn't afraid to flight the ball and got some turn as well. This is still a really good batting wicket, lets not forget that, but both Rafique and Enamul bowled really well I thought!

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by oracle
Secondly, why did'nt the captain give at least 2 more( or even more at the close) overs to Kaps. Did I miss something? Was he injured?

Yes ... they select him as a 5th bowler and 3rd spinner (ahead of others available)... and then Bashar doesn't use him that much. Whats the mystry there? Mis-communication between Faruq, Dav and Bashar? Doesn't look like they are all in sync or following the same strategy.

I hope when they selected a 5th bowler and 3rd spinner ... they just didn't planned to bowl him only 1 over ... do they?

They even let Ashraful bowl 3 overs... 300% more than Alok... whats going on here... then is Alok actually the 6th Bowler and 4th spinner in the team? In a test team do we need that ? Do we really need that to let him bowl just one over?

Even Pilot or Gull could have bowl that one over. That could have cost 12 runs instead of 6 runs that Alok gave.

I don't know what to say and who is clueless... either me or Faruk... I hope its me.
:mad:

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 2:56 PM GMT, by Fazal.

SS
March 1, 2006, 10:03 AM
alok is not used to acquire enormous energy that he will use down the road...
after the game is over

roi
March 1, 2006, 10:19 AM
None of us have any sort of experience in test or ODI.
So why dont we let Basher do his business
:-/

Duck
March 1, 2006, 10:36 AM
considering this thread .....

Enamul Haque jnr 24 5 76 2 3.16 (4nb )

His stats shows it all!

If we can put the SL in the fourt innings with a bit of run to chase, I will like to watch the thriller from Enamul and Rafique (Oh! there is no way I can watch! poor me!). :(

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 3:36 PM GMT, by Dak_Pion.

Duck
March 1, 2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by roi

None of us, can be President of US; so cant we critisize his deeds!? ;)

Mon
March 1, 2006, 06:53 PM
if basher does not let ALok ball then why the latter is in the team? I was under the impression that ALok was mainly broght back for bowling. miscommunication?or just pure marginalization of a player by the captain?!

:mad:

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 11:54 PM GMT, by Mon.

roi
March 1, 2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Dak_Pion
Originally posted by roi

None of us, can be President of US; so cant we critisize his deeds!? ;)

Atleast, I am not!:sorry:

Rubu
March 1, 2006, 08:01 PM
Was Enamul Haque jr a good choose or should have they gone with a 3rd seamer ?

Enamul Haque jr was a good choice AND they should have gone with a 3rd seamer.

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
Enamul Haque jr was a good choice AND they should have gone with a 3rd seamer.
:lol:

al Furqaan
March 1, 2006, 08:05 PM
who was the 3rd seamer??? tapash?

i am sorry, but tho i am a semi-tapash fan, he should not play any ODI or test for bangladesh for at least a year.

he is having a psychological problem like ash at the crease 75% of the time.

i think enam has done a great job so far.

AsifTheManRahman
March 1, 2006, 08:06 PM
but the only problem is, we don't HAVE a third seamer. everyone else is guilty of running in and throwing utter rubbish at the batsman. heck even shahadat hasn't learnt the art of not doing that yet.

Rubu
March 1, 2006, 08:21 PM
I was thinking more like aftab.

gravitY
March 1, 2006, 09:24 PM
Enamul is good choice, but,
in my opinion, Aftab would have been better choice over Alok. I'm not saying get rid of Alok right now, but given that we have both Rafiq and Enamul, Aftab could come in as an allrounder. Again, it is better for Aftab's fitness, he surely gets few more days, so that he could be on his high for next test.

AsifTheManRahman
March 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
actually, alok can come in handy if we can manage to build up a decent lead in the second inning. the pitch should crack by the 4th day, and our spinners can cause mayhem if they bowl up to expectation; a third spinner can definitely turn out to be a blessing under these circumstances.

kalimdor
March 1, 2006, 09:53 PM
hmmmmmm..............when has this thread started.........must be before the game start........right.......because now......as we all can see Enamul Jr. was the right choice.....bolwed 1/4 of the innings......a third pacer won't be able to do that...............

Hatebreed
March 1, 2006, 09:54 PM
Enamul Jr is not a bad choice.. if Mash was playing, then I'd choose Mash.... similarly, I'd go for Aftab instead of Kapali, if he was fit to play