PDA

View Full Version : How is Bangladesh going to win tests if the best fast bowler mashrafe is rested?

BD_Ashraful
March 1, 2006, 04:42 AM
mashrafe has been rested for the last series and this series against sri lanka if bangladesh are going to win more tests there best fast bowler should be in.

MasterBatsman
March 1, 2006, 05:11 AM
well bangladesh can't.

bangladesh frankly is tooooooo poor a team to win test matches, and series furthermore.

unless the opponent is really crappy, you need to be able to take 20 wickets, you must have that bowling line up. bangladesh's bowling with mashrafe is already very weak, without him it lacks any incision.

while on paper bangladesh's batting is better technically than bowling, it often doesn't live up to its reputation. bangladesh need solid batsmen who can hang around for a while, form partnerships, convert 20's and 30's into 50's, and those 50's into 100's.

the way i see, individually, once in a while, all of shahriar nafees, nafis iqbal, javed omar, habibul bashar, mohammad ashraful, aftab ahmed and mohammad rafique or khaled mashud are very capable of firing once in a while. but to repeat that performance regularly, and in unison with the rest of the team mates, will propel bangladesh's batting to greater heights.

however that nevertheless is only ONE aspect. to win, bangladesh MUST have incisive bowling, not just plain medium bowlers, but at least fast medium bowlers and good spinners while seamers who can swing the ball will help.
attacking wicket taking bowlers are needed to win test matches.

Dhurr
March 1, 2006, 05:55 AM
public kobe chagol er moto ghash pata khawa bondho korbo, allah malum.

chagol na hoile sarcasm kemne na bujhe?

for those of you who are still complaining about the ashraful thread: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm

eibar jaiya bhalo moton ghash pata khan.

Ejaj
March 1, 2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by MasterBatsman
well bangladesh can't.

bangladesh frankly is tooooooo poor a team to win test matches, and series furthermore.

unless the opponent is really crappy, you need to be able to take 20 wickets, you must have that bowling line up. bangladesh's bowling with mashrafe is already very weak, without him it lacks any incision.

while on paper bangladesh's batting is better technically than bowling, it often doesn't live up to its reputation. bangladesh need solid batsmen who can hang around for a while, form partnerships, convert 20's and 30's into 50's, and those 50's into 100's.

the way i see, individually, once in a while, all of shahriar nafees, nafis iqbal, javed omar, habibul bashar, mohammad ashraful, aftab ahmed and mohammad rafique or khaled mashud are very capable of firing once in a while. but to repeat that performance regularly, and in unison with the rest of the team mates, will propel bangladesh's batting to greater heights.

however that nevertheless is only ONE aspect. to win, bangladesh MUST have incisive bowling, not just plain medium bowlers, but at least fast medium bowlers and good spinners while seamers who can swing the ball will help.
attacking wicket taking bowlers are needed to win test matches.

If you look into the cricketing history of all the test playing countries..... you would not really find one incidance of and team who produced a class fast bowler within 6 years since playing test matches. i really dont like to count australia or England into this.. since, they started this game and it was lot different that times. Apart from them, there could be a little exception with Pakistan, when they have a world class bowler in Fazal Mahmood. But.. he actually played in the team India many years before the 47 separation. So.. to sum up, The countries remembered best as a good breeding ground of world class fast bowler, Pakistan and WI.. took alomst 20 years befoe they could produce any. England never yet produced a fast bowler of kind of Wasim, Waqar, Mcgrath, lee, Mcdermot, garner, Andy , Walsh, Abrose, Micheal holding etc. They only had Botham.. who wasnt really a fast bowler. It took 15 years or more for Srilanka to produce on Vaas or 10 years to produce one Murali. It took nearly 50 years to produce on hadlee for NZ and etc etc. So.. my point is, why are u getting so impatient towards our bowling dept? it is hell more difficult to produce one great fast bowler than producing another ashraful. so.. i just suggest to be patient wih the bowler development in bangladesh... Give them some time.. and.. we already have Enamul.. he is surely a class act and he is still very young and shoudl be given more chance to play tests. I believe he should be a regular feature in the test team atleast. You wont believe, how much a confidant Enamul can do. Just have patience.

MasterBatsman
March 1, 2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Ejaj

If you look into the cricketing history of all the test playing countries..... you would not really find one incidance of and team who produced a class fast bowler within 6 years since playing test matches.

there are ONLY 10 test playing nations incl. BD in the entire history!

IF you exclude BD, then aussies, english and then pakistanis too, you're left with only 6 countries. what can you conclude at all from such small number of teams? we should set our own standards because we joined late too.

nobody keeps on losing at such great innings margins, unlike BD.
the standard of the game has arguably risen. the quality of batting, bowling etc has increased over time, more matches are played every year, and competition is more intense. under such a scenario, we would expect Bangladesh's rise to be a much much faster case than that of earlier teams.

i really dont like to count australia or England into this.. since, they started this game and it was lot different that times. Apart from them, there could be a little exception with Pakistan, when they have a world class bowler in Fazal Mahmood. But.. he actually played in the team India many years before the 47 separation. So.. to sum up, The countries remembered best as a good breeding ground of world class fast bowler, Pakistan and WI.. took alomst 20 years befoe they could produce any.

England never yet produced a fast bowler of kind of Wasim, Waqar, Mcgrath, lee, Mcdermot, garner, Andy , Walsh, Abrose, Micheal holding etc. They only had Botham.. who wasnt really a fast bowler. It took 15 years or more for Srilanka to produce on Vaas or 10 years to produce one Murali. It took nearly 50 years to produce on hadlee for NZ and etc etc. So.. my point is, why are u getting so impatient towards our bowling dept?

i dont know much about england, maybe john snow was a terrible bowler? england also produced w.g. grace, graham gooch, david gower, mike gatting, no world cup championship but three world cup runner-ups.

while it took sri lanka 15 years or more, we shouldn't also forget sri lanka and bangladesh were at one stage at similar levels. bangladesh took some 15-20 years more than sri lanka to make it to world cup, bangladesh first played in 1999, sri lanka had already won the WC by 1996. then zimbabwe also overtook us, got into WC before us, so did kenya. but we got test status before, NEVERTHELESS we lost to kenya far more times than kenya lost to Bd, heck bd even lost to canada in WC 2003, and came CLOSE to losing to scotland in WC1999.

it is hell more difficult to produce one great fast bowler than producing another ashraful. so.. i just suggest to be patient wih the bowler development in bangladesh... Give them some time.. and.. we already have Enamul.. he is surely a class act and he is still very young and shoudl be given more chance to play tests. I believe he should be a regular feature in the test team atleast. You wont believe, how much a confidant Enamul can do. Just have patience.

difficult or not, bangladesh MUST have match winning attacking wicket takers to win TEST matches for us. We can't go around saying it's "hell more difficult" to win matches than lose matches, so we keep on losing.

bangladesh has already been playing for quite a long time, some 30+ test matches, 100+ ODIs, ONLY 2 ODI centuries is quite a shame, no great bowling performance or batting performance, i mean we haven't even won against every team in ODIs, let alone tests. NZ, SA, WI, Eng, are yet to be defeated even once.

yet tons of world records are made against us. so i dont believe we can slack any more, saying give us time. we need to pull our socks up, get our acts together and get going.

otherwise, too bad

arafath79
March 1, 2006, 03:59 PM
Sometimes Ravi Shastri talks too much. From my point of view it was good thinking given Mashrafe a break because of his fitness problem so that he can come back by full fitness and play rest of the games properly.