PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful’s Funny Comments on the field today

babubangla
March 1, 2006, 11:35 AM
Ashraful spent almost all day in short leg position and made thousands of funny comments to tease the Sri Lankan players and to motivate the bowlers. Due to his close-in fielding position, most of his comments was caught in the stump camera and broadcasted on TV. I do not remember all of his comments, but here are some of them:

Right after coming back from lunch, Ashraful shouted:
“ব্যাটসম্যান লাঞ্চ খাইছে, পেট ফুইল্লা আছে। ভাল একখান বল কইরা যাইবার জায়গা কইরা দাও”

Also, after most LBW appeals, his commented:
“ব্যাটসম্যান বাইচা গ্যাছে- লাকি, লাকি”

As Sameercreep mentioned in another thread, after Umpire’s warning to Rajib for loud grunting, Ashraful’s comment was:
“দুইটা বল পায়ে লাগলেই ব্যাটসম্যান প্যাঁচাল পারা শুরু করে ক্যান? এতক্ষন তো চুপ কইরা ছিল“

As mentioned by Sufism and Oracle in their reply to this thread: While encouraging bowlers to continue the good bowling, Ashraful said:
“ধৈর্য্য, ধৈর্য্য, ধৈর্য্য। ধৈর্য্যের খেলা রে ভাই, ধৈর্য্যের খেলা।
অল আঊট করতে শুধু পাঁচটা ভাল বল লাগেরে ভাই, শুধু পাঁচটা ভাল বল।

If you guys remember more of Ashraful’s funny comments, we would love to read those. Ashraful was surely very very energetic on field today- i guess that’s all coming from the “136” confidence.

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 7:57 PM GMT, by babubangla.

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks BabuBangla for sharing the lighter side of Ash.... looks like he have a good sense of humor....

..... now I tend to start liking this guy... not for his talent but for his sense of humor... :great::great:

Umar
March 1, 2006, 11:46 AM
lolz....I still dont know If I like Ashraful or not :P:P

Well sometimes he makes us Happy and hopefull by performing well in a Match ..and Sometimes Kills it....Sooo.........No comment so far.......

All I will say he can be a Good Cricketer...:karate:

oracle
March 1, 2006, 11:48 AM
Dhairja...
patience
his advice to Rafique shortly after tea i think.,
....thought that was funny coming from an ex-impulsive player like him.

DJ Sahastra
March 1, 2006, 12:07 PM
Translate please. Thanks :)

:bravo:

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2006, 12:12 PM
If danguly was batting and Ash harrassing him, that would be a scene to watch.

I hope other nation's batsmen start learning bengali soon. Only then they can be irritated thus troubled to the max. Constant nagging and pesky behavior is a test for the SL batsmen for sure. I wonder how many thought to blast one through Ash's jaws.

sunniath
March 1, 2006, 01:03 PM
it would be nicer if he could speak in english.

sunniath
March 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Translate please. Thanks :)

:bravo:

first one:"batsman came back from luch with full stomach.bowl a good one and show him the way back". you really have to know the lingo to enjoy these comments.translation is not half as funny as the original one.

Fortuner
March 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sunniath

R u gone nuts...those comments are to be said in Bengali only...not in english....besides it wont look much funny if he say in english...

sunniath
March 1, 2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by lance_klusner

R u gone nuts...those comments are to be said in Bengali only...not in english....besides it wont look much funny if he say in english...
i know that man.the opponents dont understand what he is saying.so i dont think he is able to disrupt their concentration with his comments.thats why i said that saying something in english will probably have more affect on the batsmen.anyway,it is really amusing to listen to his comments.specially the lunch one.

sufism
March 1, 2006, 02:12 PM
i think u guys missed those

"dhoirjo, dhoirjo, dhoirjo, dhoirjer khela re bhai, Dhoirjer khela"

"5 ta bhalo ball lage bhai, 5 ta wkt nite, 5 ta bhalo ball"

hahahah, his voice is even funnier then his comments.

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 02:25 PM
"1 ta bhalo ball bhaia........1 ta bhalo ball"

Rubu
March 1, 2006, 02:26 PM
I think he took the responsibility of the resident joker since the actual resident joker masri is not playing.

Niceman70
March 1, 2006, 02:36 PM
if he even takes a single, he shouts for "dui" ..hahaha

chyicarus
March 1, 2006, 03:03 PM
I heard him say the following:

"Rafique, akta ball laagey wicket nitey. Tui 5-ta wicket pabi ei team-er logey!"

I liked the spirit.
SL are trying to play mind games by complaining against our taunts. But its true the Rajib has been grunting a lot, but the batsmen are just looking for excuses to distract the bowlers and the fielding team.
I don't think BD is in a bad position, they may not win the match, but hopefully they won't crash(like they normally do) in the second innings.

mahrookh
March 1, 2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by chyicarus

"Rafique, akta ball laagey wicket nitey. Tui 5-ta wicket pabi ei team-er logey!"

I liked the spirit.
SL are trying to play mind games by complaining against our taunts. But its true the Rajib has been grunting a lot, but the batsmen are just looking for excuses to distract the bowlers and the fielding team.
I don't think BD is in a bad position, they may not win the match, but hopefully they won't crash(like they normally do) in the second innings.

you sure "ashraful" pointed as "tui" to "Rafique" ?

Adob kaida jey kothai gelo :)

sadi
March 1, 2006, 03:16 PM
i heard ash calling him rafiq... no bhai mama chacha anything... lol

mahrookh
March 1, 2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by sadi
i heard ash calling him rafiq... no bhai mama chacha anything... lol

may be he's bit angry on him caz of his run out :)

arafath79
March 1, 2006, 03:36 PM
:lol:

howzatt!
March 1, 2006, 04:00 PM
this is polit's not ashrafuls:

"catch daw na kan bhaya, catch daw catch daw.(then talking to slip and ashraful) eida catch day na kan? oi catch de catch de"

anik
March 1, 2006, 04:12 PM
lol this is so funny
can't wait to hear some more from them tonite

Beamer
March 1, 2006, 04:24 PM
Its true that he addresses Rafiq with, "tui". I heard it as well. He is extra chirpy when Sangakkara is batting. I think its pay back time for him as Sangakkara was very vocal against him the ist innigs. I don't mind this. We are showing some confidence. Mental game is a part of test cricket as long as you don't overdo it.

babubangla
March 1, 2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by howzatt!
this is polit's not ashrafuls:

"catch daw na kan bhaya, catch daw catch daw.(then talking to slip and ashraful) eida catch day na kan? oi catch de catch de"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
From Bhaya to Tui and From Daw to Dey within a moment!!
What a relation!!

gravitY
March 1, 2006, 05:39 PM
i figured it while watching the game, se sarakkhon chillachillir moddhe chilo, sathe Pilot o ache. mone hoy Ash bat korar somoy Sri fielder ra disturb korche, tar protibad e :d jai hok khubi valo bepar :d mone hocche AU theke kichu shikche.. moja lagche suhne :d:great:

gravitY
March 1, 2006, 05:43 PM

get Nafees Iqbal to the silly point, for doing so. i guess he could do it.. and of course it is important to irritate the batsmen, like we see many other team in world cricket do.

cricman
March 1, 2006, 05:46 PM
S.Nafees can speak good english too.

gravitY
March 1, 2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by chyicarus

I liked the spirit.

ami voye achi Rafiq kon somoy cheita jaiya Ash er gaye ball chure mare ... Rafiq bhai er mejaj gorom koilam.. :great:

TheWatcher
March 1, 2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by gravitY
get Nafees Iqbal to the silly point, for doing so. i guess he could do it.. and of course it is important to irritate the batsmen, like we see many other team in world cricket do.
I was also thinking that Iqbal should be the man for the job, Ashrafuler chillani jodi ora na buje tahole luv ta hoilo ki.

gravitY
March 1, 2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I was also thinking that Iqbal should be the man for the job, Ashrafuler chillani jodi ora na buje tahole luv ta hoilo ki.

vai Ashraful er chillani o kaj dibe.. dhoren apne khub monojog dia kono kaj kortachen.. er moddhe ekta maachi (fly) apner kaner kache continuous pen-pen kortache.. kemon lagbo bolen?

Sauron
March 1, 2006, 05:57 PM
আসলেই, গতকালের খেলা'র অন্যতম প্রধান আকর্ষন ছিলো আশ্‌রাফুল এর চেচামেচি। এখানে পড়তে ভালো লাগছে আমি নিশ্চিত। কিন্তু টিভিতে দেখতে এর চেয়ে শতগুন বেশী মজা লেগেছে। আশ্‌রাফুল এর গলার স্বর এবং ভাব-ভঙ্গি না দেখলে পুরো মজাটা পাবেন না। আশ্‌রাফুল এর ফুর্তি দেখেই আমারো শুধু শুধুই ফুর্তি হচ্ছিলো।

আমার ধারনা, এই ছেলেটা দ্বিতীয় ইনিংসেও ভাল রান করবে।

Mr-khan
March 1, 2006, 06:02 PM
vai Ashraful er chillani o kaj dibe.. dhoren apne khub monojog dia kono kaj kortachen.. er moddhe ekta maachi (fly) apner kaner kache continuous pen-pen kortache.. kemon lagbo bolen?
Hahahaha..vai example ar ki ato e ovab j ses porjonto Ashraful re machi banay dilen:lol:

Sauron
March 1, 2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher

লাভ আছেরে ভাই। ওরাতো ঠিক্‌ই বুঝতে পারছে যে আশ্‌রাফুল আঙ্গুল দিচ্ছে। কিন্তু অন্য ভাষায় বলে কিছু বলতে পারছে না।

আর অকারনে ইংরেজিতে চেচামেচি করার তো কোন রকম কারন দেখিনা। নাফিস ইক্‌বাল হয়তো ইংরেজি এক্‌টু ভালো বলে। কিন্তু আশ্‌রাফুলের মত বাঁদ্‌রামি করা'র এলেম আর কারো আছে বলে মনে হয়না।

TheWatcher
March 1, 2006, 06:04 PM
Ash the pest:D

Shafin
March 1, 2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Sauron

লাভ আছেরে ভাই। ওরাতো ঠিক্‌ই বুঝতে পারছে যে আশ্‌রাফুল আঙ্গুল দিচ্ছে। কিন্তু অন্য ভাষায় বলে কিছু বলতে পারছে না।

এইটা বরং আরো ভাল,কিচছু বুঝে না তো,ভাল কথা বললেও মনে করবে গালি দিছে,অকারনে চেইতা যাবে।দেখেন গিয়া,রফিকরে যেই উপদেশগুলি দিল,সেইটারেও গালি ভাবছে।

gravitY
March 1, 2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr-khan
Hahahaha..vai example ar ki ato e ovab j ses porjonto Ashraful re machi banay dilen:lol:

areee naaaah... ki bolen.. eita to just biroktir ekta example dilam.. .. Ashraful is the real Tiger!! wish he'd make another TON in second innings... :fanflag:

mshakir56
March 1, 2006, 06:59 PM
His comments are pretty funny, but he should work on making better jokes. :clap:

Hatebreed
March 1, 2006, 07:10 PM
LOL yes I heard some of these comments on the feed.. he looked in pretty athletic and confident mood today... hopefully this will reflect his batting in the 2nd inning :)

joybangladesh
March 1, 2006, 07:13 PM
yes ash called rafique as rafique no bhai or anything. sounded strange because i thought all the players would call him bhai.

Adop kaydar asolei obhab

chyicarus
March 1, 2006, 09:55 PM
arey na bhaishob, century pitaayse to tai golaar jor baarsey.
if he had scored 20-30 runs, he would be fielding in the deep instead and gotten a mouthful from the supporters.

jabbar
March 1, 2006, 10:18 PM
If Ash was speaking in bangla, then it may motivate his teammates, but to disturb the opposition batsman he should use English. well, i guess i can forgive him. i heard his english - if he tried to 'sledge' in english, he would be laughed at and sledged back by the batsman!

Hatebreed
March 1, 2006, 10:30 PM
I think he'd irritate the batsmen more with his english than bengali...

Ashraful: "cmon cmon shahadat bhai! andey mandey pandey! sundaaaaayyy!... just one yorker ball more you give eiiii hala chhamara--ooiiiiira jaibo! i may score first ball score duck but chameli not go even mother dies!...so cmon 5 ball require, 5 batsman go home and eat daiil-bhaat!"

hkooraham
March 1, 2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye

I hope other nation's batsmen start learning bengali soon. Only then they can be irritated thus troubled to the max. Constant nagging and pesky behavior is a test for the SL batsmen for sure. I wonder how many thought to blast one through Ash's jaws.

Yeh right. That's the problem. These guys can't speak any English. So what's the point shoting like an idiot. Their comments should be understood by the Lankans if they are to be annoyed but they don't know any Bangla. Ashraful also doesn't have a manly voice. He sounds like a kid, a womanish guy or a busboy at most. His shouting is annoying. Sound like a poof. Let manly, tough guys like Rafique and Pilot do the sledging. I think they can manage some English.

Cricket Bangladesh has really got to run some programs to develop the personalities, English and skills in facing interviews of the Bangladeshi players.

hkooraham
March 1, 2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by jabbar
If Ash was speaking in bangla, then it may motivate his teammates, but to disturb the opposition batsman he should use English. well, i guess i can forgive him. i heard his english - if he tried to 'sledge' in english, he would be laughed at and sledged back by the batsman!

Ash dashes with the bat. But trying to sledge he makes an idiot of himself. He sounds like a poof.

hkooraham
March 1, 2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56
His comments are pretty funny, but he should work on making better jokes. :clap:

He's a total idiot when he sledges. He an idiot with the bat too at times. I think his century has gone to his head.

This young guy should be slapped by Bashar and asked to concentrate on the game.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 4:02 AM GMT, by hkooraham.

mhferdaus
March 2, 2006, 12:16 AM

Mental game is for the mentally ills [ insert warny here and co here ], the real game should be played with talents not taunts, but Ashraful's taunt is more humurous than irritating I guess, and both teams enjoyed it :D.

Faisal
March 2, 2006, 12:48 AM
lunch er agee, ash was shouting..
"rafiqe arekta wicket, arr 1 ta wicket, vhalo koira vat khaite parmu.. besi na arekta wicket, luch er agee..come on guys"

Fortuner
March 2, 2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by hkooraham
Originally posted by Cats_eye

Yeh right. That's the problem. These guys can't speak any English. So what's the point shoting like an idiot. Their comments should be understood by the Lankans if they are to be annoyed but they don't know any Bangla. Ashraful also doesn't have a manly voice. He sounds like a kid, a womanish guy or a busboy at most. His shouting is annoying. Sound like a poof. Let manly, tough guys like Rafique and Pilot do the sledging. I think they can manage some English.

Cricket Bangladesh has really got to run some programs to develop the personalities, English and skills in facing interviews of the Bangladeshi players.

Dude...u r rite...
""Cricket Bangladesh has really got to run some programs to develop the personalities, English and skills in facing interviews of the Bangladeshi players""

but if say "These guys can't speak any English" they can speak. Yes, Rafique, Ash and Aftab not so well but they manage it somehow....

If u say Ash to be something Womenish...wht bout Sachin..his voice..not being rude here..jst to remain u great cricketers (Ash Inshallah will be one day) are sometimes like this...

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
Hmmm! guys you have missed the real joke. Calling rafiq bhai as Rafiq is a complement. Biologically Rafiq could have a second child as old as Ash. So certainly rafiq becomes perky when ash calls him by "tui".

Originally posted by babubangla
Right after coming back from lunch, Ashraful shouted:
“ব্যাটসম্যান লাঞ্চ খাইছে, পেট ফুইল্লা আছে। ভাল একখান বল কইরা যাইবার জায়গা কইরা দাও”
Batsmen just had lunch. tummy is bursting. bowl a good one and make room for them to leave.

Also, after most LBW appeals, his commented:
“ব্যাটসম্যান বাইচা গ্যাছে- লাকি, লাকি”
Batsmen survived, lucky lucky!!

As Sameercreep mentioned in another thread, after Umpire’s warning to Rajib for loud grunting, Ashraful’s comment was:
“দুইটা বল পায়ে লাগলেই ব্যাটসম্যান প্যাঁচাল পারা শুরু করে ক্যান? এতক্ষন তো চুপ কইরা ছিল“
Why does the batsmen start nagging when few balls hit their toe? They were silent all this time. (hinting: batsmen trying to influence the Umpires)

As mentioned by Sufism and Oracle in their reply to this thread: While encouraging bowlers to continue the good bowling, Ashraful said:
“ধৈর্য্য, ধৈর্য্য, ধৈর্য্য। ধৈর্য্যের খেলা রে ভাই, ধৈর্য্যের খেলা।
অল আঊট করতে শুধু পাঁচটা ভাল বল লাগেরে ভাই, শুধু পাঁচটা ভাল বল।
Patience! Patience! Patience! Its a game of patience bro! Game of Patience!
It only takes 5 balls to get them allout bro, only 5 balls!

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
"bhalo koira bhaat khaite parmu??" hahahaha....no wonder they slack off after lunch. lol. there should be a change in diet, at least during matches.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 5:22 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

cricman
March 2, 2006, 12:24 PM
i heard they ate biryani during lunch

Rubu
March 2, 2006, 12:38 PM
biryani? no way. the physio would kill them. they must eat food with that supplies energy and does not fill up the stomach. no way carbohidrate.