PDA

View Full Version : Mystery pitch!

oracle
March 1, 2006, 01:59 PM
DS (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/03/02/d60302040124.htm)

"No doubt, Samaraweera showed sheer patience and didn't give any chance but I was really surprised the way the wicket behaved today. Spinners got turn from the first session but suddenly it turned into a flat track which is really mysterious,"

Cricket's equivalent of "Hand of God":P

BTW_ i like the way Bashar backs up his spinners in this match. Whatever happens captain should be behind the bowlers thru thick and thin.

Beamer
March 1, 2006, 05:03 PM
Its wasn't a surprise that the spinners will do the majority of the bowling in this match on this pitch. What I disagree with Bashar is his reluctance to use his third spinning weapon in Alok, a leggie mind you which is an added dimension in the weaponary.

oracle
March 1, 2006, 05:12 PM
This is one reason why we need BC to have media representation. Excuse my language here but 70 percent of cricket coverage( especially th epost match ones) by the BD journalists ( at match time) is BS. I mean why can't someone probe him with questions that we have to discuss here, like the underuse of Alok.

mshakir56
March 1, 2006, 07:26 PM
"Mystery pitch" is just part of Bashars ongoing excuse dilema.

Bat-PadTogether
March 1, 2006, 07:45 PM
Everybody knows how the pitch will behave!It will be very difficult for us to face Murali in the second Innings.Bashar is a negative captain.He will never learn how to use his bowlers,He should have used Kapali more.At one stage Sri Lankans were 179 for 5 wickets.