PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh might be out of champions trophy qualifier

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:08 PM
According to the report of the daily star, Kenya will be eligible for the champions trophy qualifier since they will play four games with Bangladesh. That means if they are ahead of Bangladesh at the end of the series, they will play the qualifier as the fourth team.

Source: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/03/02/d60302040629.htm

cricman
March 1, 2006, 02:12 PM
there already ahead of us, ICC will find a way to get us in and try to get zim out

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:13 PM
The news is a great boost to Kenya, as these four games will mean that they have enough matches under their belt to qualify for a place in the ODI rankings. If they beat Zimbabwe, this might enable them to take the fourth and final qualifying spot for the ICC Champions Trophy.

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by cricman
there already ahead of us, ICC will find a way to get us in and try to get zim out

kenya-zim-BD.........if ICC have to pick 2 out of these 3 teams then why are u so confident that that BD will be there??

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:23 PM
I am not sure about ODI ranking but pretty sure Zimbabwe are ahead of us right now... in that case we have to fight it out with kenya... Can anyone provide the current odi ranking??

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 02:34 PM
in the current ODI cricket ranking.....Kenya's name is not there.

I am taking abt ICC cricekt ranking on the ICC web-site

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by yaseer
in the current ODI cricket ranking.....Kenya's name is not there.

I am taking abt ICC cricekt ranking on the ICC web-site

yeah thats the point... its not there as they are not qualified yet... after playing four odis with bangladesh and they will be qualified for the ranking and as they have more points than bangladesh, according to the rule they are the one who will play the qualifier.

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:51 PM
Australia 42 5589 133
South Africa 36 4246 118
New Zealand 36 4144 115
India 45 5075 113
Pakistan 39 4353 112
England 27 2920 108
Sri Lanka 46 4901 107
West Indies 26 2233 86
Zimbabwe 26 1022 39
Bangladesh 26 437 17

Kenya, which was previously ranked in the official table, has not played sufficient matches to record a rating during the current period. If it does so it will re-join the other 10 sides in the official standings.

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 7:53 PM GMT, by sadi.

cricman
March 1, 2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by cricman

kenya-zim-BD.........if ICC have to pick 2 out of these 3 teams then why are u so confident that that BD will be there??

69 allout to Kenya?

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 02:54 PM
they are not even in the ranking now........so if they qualify for the ranking by playing 4 ODIs........then will their point be count from zero or previously earned points will be added??

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:57 PM
they are not even in the ranking now........so if they qualify for the ranking by playing 4 ODIs........then will their point be count from zero or previously earned points will be added??

Period covered:

The ratings are based on up to three years of results.
The table currently reflects all ODIs played since August 1, 2003.
All ODIs played until the start of August 2006 will be added on to this table.
Every August, the first year of results will be dropped from the table, so it will then cover the most recent two years of results. Thus once a year, the rankings will change overnight without any new ODIs being played.

Source: http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/odi/rules.html

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 02:57 PM
only because they are 69 all-out to Kenya today.....ICC gonna act partially to us?? overconfidence mate......i think ICC will find a way to get 3 of these team to play qualifiers

sadi
March 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
only 2 teams gonna play

yaseer
March 1, 2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by sadi
only 2 teams gonna play

If ICC sticks to this, we are going to face problems. because the criteria is ranking table..........then is what criteria they are going to have ZIM out of it? they have to suspend zim from international cricket, otherwise ZIM cricket board will protest....as they are ahead in rankings

reverse_swing
March 1, 2006, 03:08 PM
LG ICC One-Day International Championship Predictor >> (http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/odi/predictor.html)

sadi
March 1, 2006, 03:14 PM
what I don't understand is how can kenya play one game and have 18 points?

TheWatcher
March 1, 2006, 04:20 PM
Reposting one of my previous posts. This was what ICC said in January (cricinfo) (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/Kenya/content/story/231520.html)-

The following ranking system has been approved in-principle by the ICC Executive Board after detailed consultation with David Kendix. The ranking system initially involves two ranking tables - an Associate table and a main table. An Associate will need to move through three stages:

1st Stage Ranked amongst the other Associates yet to fulfill the criteria for being ranked amongst the Full members on the main table.

2nd Stage Has a rating on the main table but not a ranking as it has not yet played enough games during the rating period against teams on the main table.

3rd Stage Is ranked in the main table.

In order to move from Stage 2 to Stage 3, a team should have completed at least 10 matches over the period covered by the rankings against other teams who have ratings on the main table. This number is being reviewed and may be reduced to eight.

Please also note that the Board has decided that Kenya will be treated slightly differently in that it will retain its position at Stage 2 of the process. Kenya thus retains its current rating and once it plays sufficient matches, it will get a ranking on the main table.
According to ICC predictor, if Kenya wins two matches to follow against Zim as well, their rating will be 63. Then, according to BC Calculator (http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/odichampcalc.php), we have to beat them 4-0 to level both countries rating to 27. If we can do that, Bangladesh will be given higher ranking based on decimal difference of ratings.

The calculation is too hard to explain, you have to do it by yourself to understand what I am saying.

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 9:23 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
March 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
so that means we have to beat them 4-0 to play in the qualifier if they win the last 2 games against zimbabwe?

Rubu
March 1, 2006, 04:50 PM
Well then, let them win the last 2 matches. that would be a good inspiration for bd to beat them 4-0.

sadi
March 1, 2006, 05:00 PM
:o

zmahbub
March 1, 2006, 06:15 PM
I don't see no chance for us!!!:duh:

Mohiul
March 1, 2006, 07:24 PM
If Kenya beat Zim in the next 2 matches then Bangladesh need to win the series against Kenya by 4-0. then the rating of both BD and Ken will be in equal position. If these happen then the following will be the stands for BD and Ken:

Team-Match-Points-Rating
BD-30-814-27
Ken-10-265-27

It will be more easy for BD if Zim beat Kenya any of these 2 matches.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 12:38 AM GMT, by bdcricmad.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 12:40 AM GMT, by bdcricmad.

Shafin
March 1, 2006, 07:54 PM
I think BCB also made the calculation and intentionally added a match in the series against kenya,

Hatebreed
March 1, 2006, 10:21 PM
halar kenya ekhon Bangladesh-er bhaat marte ayse.... I won't rest until I see 4-0 thrashing of this pathetic Kenya! c'mon BD!! c'mon!