PDA

View Full Version : Shabash Shahadat

Mahmood
March 1, 2006, 11:42 PM
Quick 3 wickets to restrict Sri Lanka lead to only 19 runs.

I am impressed!

Shafin
March 1, 2006, 11:43 PM
:tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::great::great::great:: great:

Fazal
March 1, 2006, 11:44 PM
:fire::fire::fire:

fishyguy
March 1, 2006, 11:54 PM
Man hopefully we will never see Taposh or Nazmul again.

Now the main thing is for Shadat to keep improving. He even stopped grunting. Maybe that had something to do with him bowling well.

His line was good too.

If we can get Mashrafe, Shahadat and Rasel as our line up and Enamul Hq for the spinner we have a good bowling line up for the future.

Have these 3 fast bowlers ever played in a match at the same time before?

Mahmood
March 1, 2006, 11:57 PM
No, they have never played together in the same match, yet.

Probably wont happen for a long time, at least not untill we are playing away series.

pagol-chagol
March 1, 2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by fishyguy

Have these 3 fast bowlers ever played in a match at the same time before?

not yet

shaoun
March 2, 2006, 12:03 AM
it looks like rassel and shahadat can take some load of masrafee. taposh has been good and surved our bowling for some time but lets face it he was never anywhere close to masrafee. but these two guys looks very impressive specially rassel. i think he is even a better bowler then shahadat.

al Furqaan
March 2, 2006, 12:25 AM
a summary:

masri: the all around perfect 'fast' bowler...not too fast, or aggressive, plays smart, accurate, effective, decent penetration

rasel: accurate, swings the ball like crazy, decent penetration, slow but steady

shahadat: very aggressive, lacks control but makes up with wicket taking deliveries, decent pace, can move the ball around at times.

each has traits the other doesn't, tho masri is the most balanced and the best.

great pace lineup tho

Spitfire_x86
March 2, 2006, 12:35 AM
It's not the right time to get so excited. He has to do this kind of thing when the opposition lower order aren't in self-destruct mode.

Flipper
March 2, 2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
It's not the right time to get so excited. He has to do this kind of thing when the opposition lower order aren't in self-destruct mode.

Exactly!

al Furqaan
March 2, 2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

that is most often the case...why would guys like murali and fernando be in 'self-destruct mode'?

after all isn't that what seperates us from the others; that they play smart and we don't?

lets give credit where credit is due.

and frankly, even masri could not have taken 3 tail end wickets so quickly. its not his style.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 5:41 AM GMT, by al Furqaan.

Flipper
March 2, 2006, 12:50 AM
What he did is commandable, but for me to be impressed he has to repeat similar parformance again, and that too against top order batsman. He has to learn the art of variations!

Fortuner
March 2, 2006, 12:52 AM
I think somebody said Rajib something ystrday after the match coz 2day he stopped grunting and he looked better....

dont temme it was Bashar....

think its DW...

Spitfire_x86
March 2, 2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
that is most often the case...why would guys like murali and fernando be in 'self-destruct mode'?

after all isn't that what seperates us from the others; that they play smart and we don't?

lets give credit where credit is due.

and frankly, even masri could not have taken 3 tail end wickets so quickly. its not his style.
He certainly deserves credit, but I said "it's not the time to get so excited" about him.

He's still too one-dimensional to be regularly successful. But he's young, and has plently time to learn.

al Furqaan
March 2, 2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Flipper
What he did is commandable, but for me to be impressed he has to repeat similar parformance again, and that too against top order batsman. He has to learn the art of variations!

he did against attapattu and jayawardena...and rasel got sangu and jayasurya.

remember 48-4 from 28-0?

Flipper
March 2, 2006, 01:01 AM
I'm aware of those two wickets, that's why I said: repeat. Like spitfire said he is a one dimentional player, and will only succeed time to time. He needs to add other stuff to his armory to go with his decent pace.

irteja
March 2, 2006, 01:46 AM
i just saw people in ground wirh whatmore puicture in frame..in picture whatmore looks angry...lol....:lol:

irteja
March 2, 2006, 01:47 AM
in next 65 over bangladesh should not lose more then 2 wicket and score around 200...then we will have real chance:fire:

irteja
March 2, 2006, 01:49 AM
sorry for last two post i mistakenly thought this is a match thread......well done sahadat

PoorFan
March 2, 2006, 03:15 AM
Yes, he did his job perfectly today, but our batsman gave it away in second innings.

al Furqaan
March 2, 2006, 09:06 AM
bottom line is he is only 19...imagine the hormones and hype and what they are doing.

he will learn...

and then watch out.

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2006, 09:14 AM
When Blood came running down the ears of the SL batsmen (not sure farnando or bandara) my computer screen froze. Immidiately I thought of Tait. The height, the youth, the aggression all in place. All we need is a good bowling coach. And Shahadat did not show any emotion towards the player that is a good thing in the thick of things. he has potential to pass Mash also with the correct guidance.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 2:15 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

roi
March 2, 2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
When Blood came running down the ears of the SL batsmen (not sure farnando or bandara) my computer screen froze. Immidiately I thought of Tait. The height, the youth, the aggression all in place. All we need is a good bowling coach. And Shahadat did not show any emotion towards the player that is a good thing in the thick of things. he has potential to pass Mash also with the correct guidance.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 2:15 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Spot on!....You took words out of my mouth!:up::up:

dash
March 2, 2006, 09:59 AM
u guys are paranoid.

a test squad doent run 3 bowlers.

and tapash isnt finished.

u guys will brag for dumping rasel in the near future.

which is not the way to go

sadi
March 2, 2006, 10:07 AM
he was quite impressive.... he utilized the tailenders weakness against short bowling which is a good thing... but just like someone mentioned, i felt like he is one-dimentional yet and needs to add things to his bowling... but very agressive which is always a good thing.... after a long time, i saw a bangladesh pacer hitting a batsman's helmet... dun remember the last time it happened

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by dash
u guys are paranoid.
We all carry a mirror infront of our face just so that you can see your reflection.

a test squad doent run 3 bowlers.
care to explain? didn't understand what you are saying.

and tapash isnt finished.
If he is not then Dollar mahmood and Sonet will come and finish him off.

u guys will brag for dumping rasel in the near future.

which is not the way to go
If he loses his line, length and swing; yes we will call for his head. but why bring this up? Didn't Gillespie get a rear kicking? how about the W's? All proven bowlers yet was shown the door. Performance over reputation, always.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 3:20 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

roi
March 2, 2006, 10:34 AM
Some of you keep saying that Rajib took tail enders...he took maruf and samarabiya is No. 6 and 7 batter which belongs to middle and late-middle order.... So stop saying that he took tail Enders only.
We should praise for the good performance...
I am a biggggg fun of this lad(Shahadat), I like is aggressiveness.
I had a rare opportunity to play with Kornel(Once played for Abahani), can't forget him aggressiveness!
Without pace and aggressiveness....fastbowler is nothing!
I am with you Rajib....Keep going and become real fast bowler
:flag:

nayef
March 2, 2006, 10:51 AM
rajib still needs to work a lot on his line/length.... at this point he's more aggression.. less work....

he definitely is a good prospect.. but the 4 wickets here didn't really impress me much... look at the shots the batsmen played.. three were pull/hooks of which the batsmen were not in control... the other a bottom edge onto the stumps...

its still too early to expect great things from him (in my opinion)

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2006, 10:59 AM
and they were all off tail-enders (except for the first one, of course).

yeah, it's too early to expect that he will turn out to be something exceptional. to me, he is nothing more than ordinary at the moment, and i won't be surprised if he doesnt end up opening the bowling with masri for years to come. simply being a tad faster than the norm doesn't necessarily make you the best of the crop.

BanCricFan
March 2, 2006, 11:06 AM
Shahadat is far too aggresive, therefore, has little time to think out the batsmen! He bowls too many bouncers even when the batsmen are set and have no problem pulling or hooking him. He needs to learn soon that his pace is not electric and therefore has to concentrate on line and length and swing more and bouncers less!

I think Shahadat has all the attributes, except, the presence of mind! I hope I'm not being too harsh! I've been observing him since the U19 WC in BD. I know he is young but needs to show that he is learning fast. Anyway, all the best to him.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 4:09 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.