PDA

View Full Version : |||||What actually is with.........||||||

Fortuner
March 2, 2006, 06:11 AM
Wht actually is rong wid Shahadat Hossain Rajib....

Still cnt understnd wht kind of bowler is he????

our selector Faruk said they consider him for longer version matches but the way he bowls, seems not at all suited for test matches......

we need2make him play in ODI...i think or is he gonna get wachked there also...

His bowling style itself is a problem..he dont aim nicely...while realesing the ball....

We really need some1 else to support Mash and Rasel....

Rasel is bowling so gud with very less international experience.....

Rajib sucks big time...3 over 20runs...wht the hell is rong wid him...why is he giving so many short length balls...

exotic
March 2, 2006, 07:52 AM
He needs to realize quickly that the tailenders and top order batsmen are not same. Even the way he was bowling at the end of SL 1st innings irritated me (though he got those 3 wkts in the morning session), a bouncer or short pitched delivery can't be the regular ball at this level at least on these kind of pitch, one can use them to surprise the batsmen. With three/four slips, gully, backward point whats the point of bowling too much short stuff. Waste of energy, moreover wasting the possibility of getting natural movement of new ball (I have not seen this lad a lot, can some one tell me whether he can swing or cut the ball effectively and which way, I liked russel, he got some natural out swing though quite slow i should say). He need to try to bring the batsmen on the front foot and induce edge rather than getting them on the backfoot all the time. good batsmen will duck all the day if he bowls those short stuffs if not hit them over the rope.

roi
March 2, 2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Wht actually is rong wid Shahadat Hossain Rajib....

Still cnt understnd wht kind of bowler is he????

our selector Faruk said they consider him for longer version matches but the way he bowls, seems not at all suited for test matches......

we need2make him play in ODI...i think or is he gonna get wachked there also...

His bowling style itself is a problem..he dont aim nicely...while realesing the ball....

We really need some1 else to support Mash and Rasel....

Rasel is bowling so gud with very less international experience.....

Rajib sucks big time...3 over 20runs...wht the hell is rong wid him...why is he giving so many short length balls...

To me .... he is a nice bowler with great pace in our ability.
We dont have any wasim akram or Vas arround us.
Until we find anyone else, he is the best of one we have!
No bowler become mcgrath in a day!
Why dont we stop critisiging him.
Lets inspire him for his great effort of 4 wkts in SL's 1st innings.
Remember, he dont have any role that he can follow in the team!
So friend, Be patient!:fire:
No offence Please.

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by roi
To me .... he is a nice bowler with great pace in our ability.
We dont have any wasim akram or Vas arround us.
Until we find anyone else, he is the best of one we have!
No bowler become mcgrath in a day!
Why dont we stop critisiging him.
Lets inspire him for his great effort of 4 wkts in SL's 1st innings.
Remember, he dont have any role that he can follow in the team!
So friend, Be patient!:fire:
No offence Please.
:up: my point exactly. Yes, the wicket he got was the tail enders. But if you are considering a replacement then there is none better than him. not talha, not nazmul and surely not Taposh. As he gets older he will fine tune few things. Other test nations has their domestic cricket for youngsters to learn the game. We have the test matches. On the job training.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
Other test nations has their domestic cricket for youngsters to learn the game. We have the test matches. On the job training.

sad isn't it? lol... anyways atleast he got some pace... someone can work with him and teach him all the fine things but he is definately better than nazmul or tapash and he is quite agressive which is good to see.... i wish rasel had this kinda pace... he would have been very dangerous if he could generate mid 80s like shahadat...

IanW
March 2, 2006, 10:29 AM
Lance,

In case you hadnt noticed, Bangladesh' home grounds are on the subcontinent - hot, steamy conditions, slow pitches and rough outfields.

This is not England with it's swing.

This is not Australia with manicured outfields and bounce.

This is where fast bowlers go to get their hearts broken.

Shahadat is young, and he is quick, and he is learning his trade.

So sit down, quit your whining and learn a little about cricket.

Ian Whitchurch

pagol-chagol
March 2, 2006, 10:44 AM
There is nothing wrong with constuctive criticism.

Players who can't take it and can't learn from it will be doomed.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2006, 10:50 AM
shahadat still has a LONG way to go. he has so much more to learn. the way he is bowling right now is not up to test standard; however, he is still quite young and i am sure that if he has some grey matter up there he will improve his game as he gets to play more and more in the international level. i say we put him on that plane with the other A team players whenever there's an opportunity - should assist him in shaping up quickly.

roi
March 2, 2006, 10:50 AM
yah, criticism is good...But dont Shahadat playing only his 5th test?
I think, its too early to cricitisize him.....Atleast we need to see him for 10tests....as wel as we all bangali has problem with powerful thinging! Atleast i admit it.:sorry:

Cricket46
March 2, 2006, 11:06 AM
I just have one comment to make. Even though those were tailenders’ wickets we still had to get them. So let us give him credit for that. How many times we have seen stubborn tailenders being hard to dislodge. If you are thinking we are going to be humiliated tomorrow, guess what would have happened if SL took more than 100 runs lead, and that was not at all impossible.

billah
March 2, 2006, 01:40 PM
6'-3" tall, strong guy, only 19 years old.

Needs the experience to learn how to swing the ball.

He's been taking tail end wickets with the short ball. He bangs the ball down from some height, it's not easy to get good bounce from a flat pitch by the other shorter pacers.

We need him, since there are presently no better options available. In the past, even the tailenders of our opponents collected a lot of runs. Now Shahadat is helping in the kill at the end.

He's learning all the time, getting better at seam movement. He may become better than Mashrafee one day.

nayan
March 2, 2006, 01:56 PM
I think shahadat is a better asset for bd cricket than taposh and nazmul. he has the hight, the pace, and he bowls in a consistant line as well but he has to work on his lenght. as far as i saw he bowled good this morning, so i dont know whats the complain? do u understand that sometime cleaning up the tail is one of the toughest job in test cricket? most importantly in a flat track. i mean look what enland's tail did to india!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truetruetiger
March 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by nayan
I think shahadat is a better asset for bd cricket than taposh and nazmul. he has the hight, the pace, and he bowls in a consistant line as well but he has to work on his lenght. as far as i saw he bowled good this morning, so i dont know whats the complain? do u understand that sometime cleaning up the tail is one of the toughest job in test cricket? most importantly in a flat track. i mean look what enland's tail did to india!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a good point. this is why i think shahadath should be used for odi. if you saw our performance in the 3rd odi, the sri lankans killed us in the end. if rajib can finish the tail off, then he surely should be included; and we need a third seam bowler anyway. however, one problem is that he will probably get smacked early on - just like taposh and nazmul did. so he needs to fix up - get a good line and lenght; he's got all the potential. so therefore, my lineup for the next odi series will be like this:
JO
Shariar N
Ash
Bashar
Aftab
Pilot
Rafique
Rana
Mushrafe
Rajib

nayan
March 2, 2006, 03:34 PM
cant play a odi with 10 men. lol

sadi
March 2, 2006, 03:50 PM
cant play a odi with 10 men. lol

he meant kapali.... just like rubu said in the other thread.... he plays but you are not supposed to count him :P

sadi
March 2, 2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by truetruetiger

thats a good point. this is why i think shahadath should be used for odi. if you saw our performance in the 3rd odi, the sri lankans killed us in the end. if rajib can finish the tail off, then he surely should be included; and we need a third seam bowler anyway. however, one problem is that he will probably get smacked early on - just like taposh and nazmul did. so he needs to fix up - get a good line and lenght; he's got all the potential. so therefore, my lineup for the next odi series will be like this:
JO
Shariar N
Ash
Bashar
Aftab
Pilot
Rafique
Rana
Mushrafe
Rajib

lets not talk about odis now as we are play test matches... but i m surprised to see you left out rasel...