PDA

View Full Version : Probably yet another defeat, but It’s All Good

babubangla
March 2, 2006, 10:59 AM
Bangladesh at last finished off their batting with a trademark second innings collapse.
Considering the performance of our team over the last two-and-half days, this second innings collapse is certainly heartbreaking. But over all, it was a good show by our team.
We had the luxury of watching of a brilliant 136 from Ashraful and our team posted a respectable first innings total on board based on several moderate partnerships. With the ball, our bowlers kept the Sri Lankan under pressure and at some point we even created the opportunity to take a rare first innings lead. Eventually Sri Lanka steadied their innings and threatened to take a big lead with 4 wickets on hand. But a nice show of fast bowling from Shahadat finished off the Sri Lankan innings with minimal lead and we literally saw Shahadat to draw “the first blood” with a nasty bouncer to Dilhara Fernando. Our fielding was impressive and the brilliant airborne catch taken by JO in third day morning is simply unforgettable. We still have 138 runs to fight with and if our bowlers can take 5/6 Sri Lankan wickets tomorrow, I will call it a victory for us. I will certainly stay up all night to enjoy the end of a fine fighting performance of our team. Who knows- I may even get lucky to see some miracle!!

Considering the painful miseries we experienced in our recent past against Sri Lanka, our overall performance this time around was a pleasant experience. So, even though we are once again heading toward a defeat, but it’s all good.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 11:53 AM
:up:

yeah I feel the same way... we improved a lot if you compare our performace from the last test we played in srilanka... we won't be a good test team overnight and its a process.... good to see we are going through it and we need to keep improving as a team... few wickets will be nice.... well done bangladesh :up:

tiger1000
March 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
WHO DO U THINK IS BETTER
M,.RAFIQ
OR
A.GILES

Fazal
March 2, 2006, 04:07 PM
Probably yet another defeat, but It’s All Good

Well played.... shake hand.... kiss-kiss.... hug-hug ... kola koli....chumma-chumma . its just yet another defeat... no harm done.... but It’s All Good....

bottom line .... looser from top to bottom nowhere to hide.:(

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 9:25 PM GMT, by Fazal.