PDA

View Full Version : Our two best batsman of playing spin bowling - Rafique & Ashraful

fwullah
March 2, 2006, 12:56 PM
I believe that Mohammad Rafique and Mohammad Ashraful are our two best batsman in playing spin bowling in the current side. What do you think?

Rafique is never considered a proper allrounder because of his inability with the bat (no patience), but if you have watched him bat closely, you'd realize that he plays against spin bowling better than anybody in the Bangladesh camp. Only if he could play or at least defend well against the pacers, then he might have been a better batsman than he is now.

And among the youngsters, I've seen both Rajin Saleh and Alok Kapali, who get out playing spin bowling quite often than not, whereas Ashraful may get out to spinners, but it is because of his arrogance and rush of blood rather than foxed by spinners on most occassions.

On the other hand, I've seen Javed Omar and Habibul Bashar to get out to spinners in such a fashion which tells me that they're not good players of spin bowling.

I remember Mehrab Hossain also not playing leg spinners at all. I guess most of our opening batsman find it very difficult to play spinners than an average Bangladeshi batsman because they don't face many spinners in domestic cricket. And even if they get such an opportunity, they don't get to play against a bunch of good leg spinners because we don't have many playing in our domestic cricket.

cricman
March 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
Mohammad Ashraful, possibly the best reader of Muralitharan in world cricket

CricketWeb match report (http://cricketweb.net/article.php?CategoryIDAuto=1&NewsIDAuto=1411)

According to Ash though bashar plays spin well

That's all we told ourselves - don't get out. When I am well set I play the faster bowlers well while Bashar plays the spinners well. So we tried to rotate the strike that way

From Cricinfo win vs Australia

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 6:09 PM GMT, by cricman.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 01:18 PM
Aftab is not that comfortable against spinners either I think... In England, I saw him struggling against spinners like symonds.

Ahmed_B
March 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
Yes, both of them are good against spinners. Another player that I felt is quite comfortable while playing spinners is Pilot. He is a good sweeper too.

nayan
March 2, 2006, 01:33 PM
well, ash is very balanced when he is playing his strokes and that may be gives him a edge over shumon when plaing against spiners. as far as aftab goes he moves too far across the line to be anyway near affective against spinners. rafique is not a batsman, he is a slogger therefore no cmments on him.

amama
March 2, 2006, 02:33 PM
WELL, I DONT SUPPORT THAT ASH IS COMFORTABLE AGAINST MURLI........

cricman
March 2, 2006, 02:35 PM
dude china man is here today

tiger1000
March 2, 2006, 04:17 PM
Bashar the best player for playing spin

Beamer
March 2, 2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by tiger1000
Bashar the best player for playing spin

Right! can you say Bandara?