PDA

View Full Version : 2 innings, 22 batsmen, no 50's just one 100, how'bout that?

betaar
March 2, 2006, 02:28 PM
The title shows Bangladeshi batting card and tells you a sorry story of our batting ability and I thought it was a easy batting pitch...........

I guess people here are going to get irritated by me with these negativity but after 3 sleep less nights and sleepy working days is this all we will ever get?

Ahsan
March 2, 2006, 02:36 PM
good point:up:

cricman
March 2, 2006, 02:42 PM
Mashud's average will say 10.5 but he was there for 2 imporant 50 run parnterships.

He ate balls during Ash's Innings and stayed in the crease trying to restore our second innings

Shariar Nafees also played very well and he's our #4 batsmen for tests. Aftab will replace alok and our batting will be upgraded.

Would like to bring in Rahim, but i like S. Naffes at 4 so much that i can live with stupid shots by Nafees Iqbal as long as he bulids a solid partnerships like he did in this test.

He had a 60+ w/ Bashar and 47 with Javed

Navarene
March 2, 2006, 02:50 PM
*sigh*
Those days are long gone when we fans used to be complacent and happy to see tigers drag the test to day four. After having so many Tests in their belt they still didn't learn how to keep wickets and eventually collapse in the second innings. Wicket was pretty much batting friendly on day three..but the proverb goes like:
কুকুরের টেরা লেজ কখনও সোজা হয় না !

When will they learn?!?

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2006, 03:20 PM
well it's sad to see that apart from ashraful, no-one in the team managed to score a 50 in a single match so far, odi and test series combined (am i wrong?:umm:). the batsmen will really have to get their acts together and avoid throwing away their wickets after settling down.

reyme
March 2, 2006, 03:33 PM
Please dont blame the players all the time, its the umpires who ruined the most of it. If a player is worried about wrong decisions he can't play his natural game.

Other than the obvious outs, most of the time they gave wrong decisions. The whole series is ruined by these so called "international umpire". Anybody from this forum can do a better job.

Beamer
March 2, 2006, 04:10 PM
Habibul Bashar : On both innings he misreads the line and flight to a seemingly straight forward delivery from bandara and gets caught plumb. I expect better from him. However, I am afraid, he is on the road to irreversable decline. His bread and butter shots, the pulls that gives him runs, are also not there completely. Overall decline is a sense that I am getting from him since early last year. He will go on to get a fifty here and there beacuse of his positive nature, but the expectation that was there earleir when he came to bat no.3 to dig us out of many a precarious situation, is slowly but surely evaporating.

Golla : On his best day will give you a thirty like yesterday. His obvious shortcomings are too late in his career to overcome. I always like to say that we should rather learn to lose without him opening for us. Resulting outcome with him in the team isn't gonna change the fate of the game.

Nafis Iqbal : He looks technically more compact than last year. The degree of shuffling has been reduced as well. Now, only if he can amend the boneheaded mistakes that he did in this game, I am prepared to live with him. Don't drop him. He needs to up his strike rate a bit. One must score in the game of cricket. Holding one end down with the option of scoring eliminated never succeeds. He brings too much pressure onto himself by not scoring more ones and twos and feels compelled to go for rash shots to alleviate himself from the chokehold. It is natural that one would react that way.

Beamer
March 2, 2006, 04:15 PM
S Nafees : Is a gritty player. I expect him to stick around for a long long time. He also needs to improve like everybody else in the team.

Ashraful : It is now, as he goes, we go. He is maturing. He will still give us heartattacks from time to time. His intent is to dominate and that is the only way he can be successful. He is alreday playing less aerial shots. Thats a big improvement.

Spitfire_x86
March 2, 2006, 04:18 PM
Agree with Beamer

DJ Sahastra
March 2, 2006, 04:23 PM
I propose, make them all stand in a line. Then Lathi Maara and Gono-Dulai to follow. :E

sadi
March 2, 2006, 04:24 PM
well said.......

betaar
March 2, 2006, 04:29 PM
Looking at both innings, one thing is pretty eminent. Without Ash our score in nothing.

First Inning – Ashraful = 2nd Inning
319 – 136 = 183 well we scored 2 runs less in the 2nd inning.
Sigh!!!!

Fazal
March 2, 2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by betaar
Sigh!!!!

See the brighter side... we are improving ... scored two more runs than the 1st innings.

betaar
March 2, 2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I propose, make them all stand in a line. Then Lathi Maara and Gono-Dulai to follow. :E

I propose BUET should put together an electrocution device that would be mounted inside our batsmen’s abdomen guard and can be remotely operated by Dave Whatmore. Anytime our batsmen play a rash shot, they get a taste……….howzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaat?:E

sadi
March 2, 2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Originally posted by betaar
Sigh!!!!

See the brighter side... we are improving ... scored two more runs than the 1st innings.

dude they scored 2 runs less than the first innings....... i really cant find any bright side... can you find another one?

Fazal
March 2, 2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by sadi
dude they scored 2 runs less than the first innings....... i really cant find any bright side... can you find another one?

Well then see it this way ... they just slipped by 2 runs in second innings.... thats a great achievement for Bangladesh based on their past performance in 2nd innings.... still don't see any bright side? May be Sauron can share some
ঘুটা ভাজা to cheer people up:lol:

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 9:56 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Reason: typos

gravitY
March 2, 2006, 06:19 PM
Pathetic!! As if the whole team taken it for granted that Ash is the only one to give them a ride. No other player has any sort of feeling that they need to stand up against the wind.