PDA

View Full Version : have we found our pace trio?

al Furqaan
March 2, 2006, 05:13 PM
Do you think that the Mashrafee-Russel-Shahadat trio is our future in pace bowling?

I would say a cautious yes, based on potential and current abilities.

But I also thought just over a year ago that Mashrafee-Tapash-Nazmul trio was it as well. No need to analyze that.

Fazal
March 2, 2006, 05:37 PM
I would say the following:

Mashrafee: Yes we found one. But will he be healthy long enough?

Russel: Good ODI bowler. 3rd seamer at best for TEST. In future you will get not much than what you see now. I like him. But speed is a concern. Too slow to be more effective.

Shahadat: Full of potential to be the strike bowler. Upper limit is pretty high, atleast as high as Mashrafee or even more. But... potential doesn't always translate into real result.

Nazmul: Spare parts and temporary solution. Pretty low upper limit. Can survive in ODI for a while .... but TEST... I doubt it. Will vanish when we will have better solution. He is not part of the final solution.

Tapash: I hope he is part of the final solution. But the way his career is going, I don't feel he is part of the final solution. May be good 4th backup seamer.

So I voted for no.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 10:38 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Flipper
March 2, 2006, 05:50 PM
Mash: no doubt, we (and the future World XI) found a star!

Rassel: A great future prospect, should be a regular from now on. I have no complain about pace.

Tapash: Fading, but I still think he has somthing to offer. I think a bowling coach shoul work with him closely to sort out things, also he should not play any more match before fully recovering from his ankle injury.

Rajib: Again, a bowling coach should work with him with. If he can maintain a good line and length, and brings variation to his deliveries, people will be out of their seats when Mash and Hoss open our bowling attack.

Nazmul: I am not really impressed. He started good in ODI, but lost it somewhere.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 05:51 PM
so far they are the best three pacers we have.... that doesn't mean we found our pace trio.... we are still weak in the pace dept

al Furqaan
March 2, 2006, 06:05 PM
well the indians are still looking as well...so if we never find them, i will be content with these 3 unless of course they bowl crap.

other than pathan the indians have found no one really as of late.

agarkar is good only in ODIs, but then gives 6 an over every other match. i rate mashrafee above him and if russel continues with what he's started i would rate him above aggy as well.

zaheer khan is not that good.

this sreesanth kid looks pretty good but again he's seen less action than shahadat.

the indian fan base seems to have a complex vis-a-vis pakistani cricket (the pakis return it as well, but not as extremely from what i have seen).

the indian fans seem to be envious of shoaib and sami type speed and are really looking hard for it. add to that the Ws and they really are looking for it.

i just hope that we bangladeshis concentrate more on the nuances of fast bowling rather than out and out pace.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2006, 08:47 PM
no, unfortunately, we haven't.

if we are talking about odi's here, rasel could be a good long-term partner for masri. however, i agree with fazal in that he could be at best a good first change seamer for tests.

shahadat is still too wayward and inconsistent.