PDA

View Full Version : Downhill from here

DJ Sahastra
March 2, 2006, 05:59 PM
I don't know why but i feel it is downhill from here.

Sri Lanka shouldn't have been let-off after putting them in corner at 188/5 or after being 47/0 in response to their slender lead.

For once, i really thought and hoped BD would make it!

:(

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 11:00 PM GMT, by DJ Sahastra.

Fazal
March 2, 2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

Sri Lanka shouldn't have been let-off after putting them in corner at 188/5 or after being 47/0 in response to their slender lead.

To go downhill, shouldn't someone have to climb uphill first?

When that happened? Unless you are talking about a real real small hill.

DJ Sahastra
March 2, 2006, 06:04 PM
Winning an ODI, then making 319 in the first inning and packing off half the SL side for less than 200 was uphill to me. Atleast the trend.

Nafis Iqbal should be given no food for a week!

Cricket46
March 2, 2006, 06:09 PM
That's funny!

billah
March 2, 2006, 06:30 PM

We experienced this exact scenario many times in recent past. We are used to it. If the bowlers do a great job, the batsmen let us down. Presently, that is the reality for a Bangladesh fan.

aosaif
March 2, 2006, 08:14 PM
funk all this negativity

you fans are making my dad crap

I'm proud of these guys.....how they've stood up to the lankans. Bad umpiring took the game away from us. Nothing else.

hkooraham
March 2, 2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

To go downhill, shouldn't someone have to climb uphill first?

When that happened? Unless you are talking about a real real small hill.

Yeh, right...They are digging themselves into the ground.

On a serious note, Bangladesh is improving rapidly. Give the boys some time. They'll be very good in a year or so.

hkooraham
March 3, 2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by aosaif
funk all this negativity

you fans are making my dad crap

I'm proud of these guys.....how they've stood up to the lankans. Bad umpiring took the game away from us. Nothing else.

Come on, if not for umpiring the Tigers would have won ?

Ahmed_B
March 3, 2006, 12:10 AM
Well... DJ,

Consider it to be this way: BD always slides downhill a long way before they actually achieve something significant.

Think about the 2nd ODI as an example. For finding the drive to fight back in that match.. they had to be thrashed and humilliated by the SL in ODI-1. My observations say... that BD only bounces back when their backs are against the wall and their ability is challenged by everyone. That is the only time they keep their heads down and come back to earth and play with some sense.

For the smae reason... when everyone expects high from them.. they also 'fly high' and bring downfalls to themsleves. Its really a mindset problem and it can only improve with time and more bitterness.

Duck
March 3, 2006, 12:18 AM

Nafis Iqbal should be given no food for a week!

I agree........!! :up:

Fortuner
March 3, 2006, 01:54 AM
Kick Nafees out of the team..
I cnt help my slef not being so harsh against him..

Was he thinking of Eva Bhabi when did that stupid thing to get out...........lolzzzzzzzzzzz

Batsman like him who has so much knowledge indeed does something like that..............Even a street cricketer will not chase that damn wide ball....jst dont get it......whtz rong wid Nafees ???

roi
March 3, 2006, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Kick Nafees out of the team..
......whtz rong wid Nafees ???

Which Nafis?:-/

Baundule
March 3, 2006, 04:05 AM

Good observation DJ. An 8-wicket margin does not tell the story! If those two points were going in BD's way, we might have even seen us as the winner. A lapse of concentration and everything is gone!