PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafee is Recalled For 2nd test ! Who esle....?

Umar
March 2, 2006, 08:03 PM
I just Red the news.Which said bangladesh team has re called Mashrafee....and They brought him back in Chittogong from Dhakha To be ready for Next Test in Bogura....

He has beein practising on net yesterday.....I found it on Dayliy inqilab Sport section......u can Read it there as well...

However it is...it would be a Great Idea to bring him Back...But who are they going to Replace.....Is is Going to be " Shahadat" ....But in my vew he is a Good Tail ender Killer.

And Een If they bring Mashrafee into the 2nd test...I will Suggest them to bring a Backup of Mashrafeee.....and Its Aftab (instead Alok). This will make three medium Pacers in the Team. So mashrafee wont have to Bowl All along...Aftab could Recover while he is having Rest between the Spells.

however I am still in doubt....about replacing Shahadat(rajib)...Coz...he bowled good today...And i saw him bowling good against every/any tail enders.

And I am also Sure that They will keep both Spinners....

But is there any more news about who is Comming back for Second Test?? And Who is Replacing Who??

Please Post here.........

Mahmood
March 2, 2006, 08:16 PM
If they do play Masri, it will probably be in place of Russell unless Russell does extremely welll today.

As for batting changes, Mushfiq in for Pilot and Aftab replacing Kapali.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2006, 08:23 PM
huh? pilot out? what the norok?!

btw, with all the hype about dropping alok/iqbal for aftab and pilot for aftab, we all forgot about masri, didn't we? lol...well at least the posts on various threads say so, and i know i did. :P

Sorry
March 2, 2006, 08:27 PM
some players seem to take their places for granted while under performing. it will be a welcome news if pilot get dropped and little mushfiq gets his chance.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 08:30 PM
bringing back mashrafee means we have to drop either rasel or shahadat... i will drop shahadat for second test... rasel is doing quite good and eventhough he didn't get many wickets in the first innings he was quite on spot... shahadat is good also but he has a long way to go... he can play only when we need three pacers... going with shahadat when mashrafee might not be bowling in long spell would be suicide...

Flipper
March 2, 2006, 08:30 PM
Did you guys watch Dav's interview during lunch break yesterday?

As per DW, and our Physio, Mash is practicing hard with his new so called side on bowling. This is bringing in a lot of "good pain", like the type we get when we join the gym for the first time. They are saying, if he is allowed to play a test match now, he will revert back to his old style under pressure, and all the hard work will get burried in a sand dune! He should take his time, not only for him, but for all of us.

Umar
March 2, 2006, 10:30 PM
But They Might Take 3 Fast bowlers .....by replacing enamul Haq...
...or they just might POP him in instead of Kapali..and no other changes.......

What about this then?? No changes...Except one( Masri for Kapali)......

mashrafee can bat.......sometimes even better then some top orders.....no metter how he plays....And we've seen it sometimes....

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 6:05 PM GMT, by Umar.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 10:45 PM
nah drop a bowler for mashrafee.... we need both aftab and mushfiq

Mahmood
March 2, 2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Originally posted by Mahmood
As for batting changes, Mushfiq in for Pilot and Aftab replacing Kapali.
For real? Or are you just predicting?

Just sharing what I think should be done, Pilot is really out of from right now, give the big man a break.

hkooraham
March 2, 2006, 11:39 PM
I don't think Mash-ji will be in the next test. This is a usual nothing report from the Bangla press I suppose. They make up thre most preposterous stories.

shaoun
March 3, 2006, 12:02 AM
masrafee shouldnt play on the next test. rassel and shahadat are doing good job. bring masrafee in for the bogura test will be a gamble because he may get injured again.

Duck
March 3, 2006, 12:14 AM
Mashree is injury prone. For the sake of future series, at least, we should give hime proper time to heal. Dont use him as the shonar-dim-para-hash/murgi!

Bashar did not use Kapali's bowling; is it Shumon's PROTIBAD against Faruque, for inclusion of Kapali in the ist XI? crap...........

Daddy_Mac
March 3, 2006, 12:58 AM
Thats not a good decison.....BTW what can Mashraffe do if umpires make stupid decison and players play idiotic shots.....

Baundule
March 3, 2006, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by hkooraham
I don't think Mash-ji will be in the next test. This is a usual nothing report from the Bangla press I suppose. They make up thre most preposterous stories.

:lol: Man,you rock!
Btw, what does Ananda Bazar say?;)

Baundule
March 3, 2006, 04:18 AM
I would go for an unchanged squad!
Just let them settle, even Nafis! This squad, with their proper application(and without bad umpiring), is enough to beat the Sri Lankans!

Xavier
March 3, 2006, 06:33 AM
I only have a 15-months limited experience as a cricket fan, but could anybody explain to me why Aftab Ahmed (3rd best Bangladesh batsman and an occasionally effective bowler) has been left out of first Test? :umm:

thebest
March 3, 2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Baundule
I would go for an unchanged squad!
Just let them settle, even Nafis! This squad, with their proper application(and without bad umpiring), is enough to beat the Sri Lankans!
:up::up:

chopping consistenly is bad

thebest
March 3, 2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Xavier
I only have a 15-months limited experience as a cricket fan, but could anybody explain to me why Aftab Ahmed (3rd best Bangladesh batsman and an occasionally effective bowler) has been left out of first Test? :umm:

Because he did not score 89* againest WI in WI and he did not have a test hattric.

Rabz
March 3, 2006, 09:26 AM

cuz he is not physically fit enought at this moment to play test cricket. He was suffering from jaundice and even had to go to Bangkok for medical treatment. After his 2nd ODI performance, he didnt even go to collect the MOM prize and was resting in the dressin room.

AFAIK, he needs to take proper rest before coming back. We dont want to risk our players because of one simple game.

Same goes with mashree..he needs to get fit n good before coming back to test cricket.

As for as 2nd test concerned, i'd have definitely dropped Nafeez Iqbal for playing such appaulling shots in both innings and managing to get himself out. He might as well now be kicked out of the team so that he can sit n reflect on his personal thoughts about his commitment to the game and to the nation.

But such glittering performance by kapali and the absence of Aftab and Mashri is making me think twice before re-drafting anyone back in the team.

If i really have to make ONE change, it would be Mushfiq replacing Nafees Iqbal. But then again, i would have to reshuffle the battin order and i dont wanna touch it.

Good luck Bangladesh.

choolwa abir
March 3, 2006, 09:32 AM
i think mashri and Aftab should be rested, it is important that they are fit for the tough Australia series.
The only change should be, replace Nafees Iqbal with Rajin

Sham
March 3, 2006, 09:35 AM
For those who want to drop Pilot:

Okay, so Pilot is out of form with the bat! Any evidence that Mushfique is good enough to keep at the Test level? Pilot is first and foremost our keeper, and is still the best keeper in the country! He is not a batsman! Is a wicket-keeper not allowed to have a form dip?

Everytime Ian Healy had a form dip, did Australia drop him and bring in a younger keeper who is a better batsman? How long did Gilchrist have to wait till he got into the Test team? Till his late 20s; and we in Bangladesh are desperate to play Mushfique at 17.

This short-sightedness kills me.

This board has gone crazy. I think I'll leave again and come back when i've stayed away long enough to forget about some of the stuff thats written here!

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2006, 09:43 AM
Any change has to be Alok. If bashar didn't use Alok as a bowler in Chittagong, at Bogura he may not even let him bat or bat at #9.

Our bowlers did great job in the first innings. This is a seamer friendly pitch. If Aftab is fit he should replace Alok. No other change. N Iqbal should be under close watch. Any outrageous shot and getting out should be it for NI for at least 3/4 years till he corrects his problem.

If Aftab is not in, then definitely it should be Mushfiq instead of Alok. That would push our 181 batting to at least 200+.

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 6:33 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Navarene
March 3, 2006, 10:30 AM
In case of Masrafee's return on second Test, the think tank should wait untill they make sure about the character of wicket before dropping Russel or Rajib. I'd like to see Masri-Russel duo if its a flat track in the middle. If the pitch curator leaves the wicket with some grass on top, I'd defenitely pick Rajib to open the bowling. In that case, Russel has to sit in the bench. We dont have the luxury to go for 3 pacers since there will be one batsman short in the squad. So pick either Russel or Rajib in terms of condition of the wicket.

And for those who want to see Mushfiqur for Pilot behind the wicket must have been smoking too much now a days.

Umar
March 3, 2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Any change has to be Alok. If bashar didn't use Alok as a bowler in Chittagong, at Bogura he may not even let him bat or bat at #9.

Our bowlers did great job in the first innings. This is a seamer friendly pitch. If Aftab is fit he should replace Alok. On other change. N Iqbal should be under close watch. Any outrageous shot and getting out should be it for NI for at least 3/4 years till he corrects his problem.

If Aftab is not in then definitely it should be Mushfiq instead of Alok. That would push our 181 batting to at least 200+.

today I saw Rafiq's bowling..It really didnt impress me...However He Will be in the team For sure...

And I agree with u...Only Change has to be Alok.....And I am sure NAFIS IQBAL will BE DROPPED.....I am 90 % sure about it...Cos Because of him..Our Batting started Cllapsing at the 2nd inngs !

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Umar
Cos Because of him..Our Batting started Cllapsing at the 2nd inngs !
Why, did he also bat for others and get out? Every batsmen is responsible for their own deeds. Don't blame someone else for their faliure. Only on runouts one can get the blame for another batsman's out.
I am not a NIqbal fan. I absolutely hate the way he got out in both innings. But can not understand why people keep beating on "oh! he is the collapse starter". There should be no such word. How did Bashar, Ashraful's out can be related to NIqbal? They are suppose to hold their ground by their own merit.

nannu
March 3, 2006, 02:02 PM
same link says: probably mashri and mushfiq in, rasel and kapali out. why rasel? rasel is 10 times beter than shadat. bd best pace attack ever = masri + rasel. everybody says that.

Umar
March 3, 2006, 02:15 PM
Cos Because of him..Our Batting started Cllapsing at the 2nd inngs !
Why, did he also bat for others and get out? Every batsmen is responsible for their own deeds. Don't blame someone else for their faliure. Only on runouts one can get the blame for another batsman's out.
I am not a NIqbal fan. I absolutely hate the way he got out in both innings. But can not understand why people keep beating on "oh! he is the collapse starter". There should be no such word. How did Bashar, Ashraful's out can be related to NIqbal? They are suppose to hold their ground by their own merit.

Because Think About it....if he didn''t play that Stupid shot, The Wickets would've been lasting For few more Overs....And Its The begining of success for SL bowlers.....AndDont forget...once they Removed one....they gets mentally Strong to Remove the new one....And Also dont Forget...When a wicket Fells...the partner (JO or anyone) becomes mentally defensive. Therefore....we can blame N.Iqbal...because of his stupid shot Selection....the wicket started falling.....

Although u said he didnt play for all others....Well....He is Part of all among.....and if one is effected....The Whole team is effected...So after Falling IQBAL....u have seen that SL bowlers didnt let anyone settle after.....And As long as they jo and IQbal were at the Crease..The SL players looked Frastrated....so u can see the reality of blaming someone who can play stupid Shots to get himself out.....

I'd have not saying like this if he was out in a which is really really dangerous and un protective...and In both innings he got out very stupidly....

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 02:37 PM
I think most of these reporters are speculating and sensationalizing at this point.

Don't believe them.

Hatebreed
March 3, 2006, 02:49 PM
Ok IF these speculations are true indeed, here are the changes I'd like to see for the 2nd test lineup changes:

Mashrafee (if fit to play) -->replace---> Rasel
Aftab (also if fit to play) OR Musfiqur-->replace---> Kapali

Those who think Pilot should be dropped, I think is still important as a WK+VC .. Mushfiq is too young and inexperienced to take his place yet..

Xavier
March 3, 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Sydney

cuz he is not physically fit enought at this moment to play test cricket. He was suffering from jaundice and even had to go to Bangkok for medical treatment. After his 2nd ODI performance, he didnt even go to collect the MOM prize and was resting in the dressin room.

AFAIK, he needs to take proper rest before coming back. We dont want to risk our players because of one simple game.

Same goes with mashree..he needs to get fit n good before coming back to test cricket.

Thanks for explaining... I had read of Mashrafee injury but didn't know of Aftab.
btw It's a shame that Bangladesh has been missing two of its best players for this test. Really bad luck...:umm:

Dhurr
March 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Sham
For those who want to drop Pilot:

Okay, so Pilot is out of form with the bat! Any evidence that Mushfique is good enough to keep at the Test level? Pilot is first and foremost our keeper, and is still the best keeper in the country! He is not a batsman! Is a wicket-keeper not allowed to have a form dip?

Everytime Ian Healy had a form dip, did Australia drop him and bring in a younger keeper who is a better batsman? How long did Gilchrist have to wait till he got into the Test team? Till his late 20s; and we in Bangladesh are desperate to play Mushfique at 17.

This short-sightedness kills me.

This board has gone crazy. I think I'll leave again and come back when i've stayed away long enough to forget about some of the stuff thats written here!

i agree with what you said.

i would also like to add that we need to stop looking at the freaking scorecard everytime we want to dissect someone's performance. khaled mashud did not have huge scores in the test match, but in both innings, he featured in fifty-run partnerships (and in the second innings, that was the ONLY fifty-run partnership). how can anybody even SUGGEST that we drop mashud for an unproven young'n, who's definitely a worse wicketkeeper and given his youth and inexperience, probably bound to provide some inconsistent batting support too.

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 03:52 PM

Have you ever met a group of people who always agree, and none of whom are short sighted and not impatient and exactly alike. A group you never have to get away from. I really would like to meet them.

Fazal
March 3, 2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by thebest

Because he did not score 89* againest WI in WI and he did not have a test hattric.

Hmmm.... interesting point of view... I thought he was left out becuase he was not handsome enough.... actually he is kind of [edited] looking.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

Have you ever met a group of people who always agree, and none of whom are short sighted and not impatient and exactly alike. A group you never have to get away from. I really would like to meet them.

:up:

Fazal
March 3, 2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Dhurr

i would also like to add that we need to stop looking at the freaking scorecard everytime we want to dissect someone's performance. khaled mashud did not have huge scores in the test match, but in both innings, he featured in fifty-run partnerships (and in the second innings, that was the ONLY fifty-run partnership). how can anybody even SUGGEST that we drop mashud for an unproven young'n, who's definitely a worse wicketkeeper and given his youth and inexperience, probably bound to provide some inconsistent batting support too.

I don't know why you think we need to stop looking at the freaking scorecard along with . Beacuse scorecard may not be absolute true perfomance indicator but ... its the best performance indicator that we have that is truely measuable and objective. The talent, style, composure, grit, ect are subjective and higly biased and unpredictable, it depends on who is evaluating.

btw, you yourself pointed out the positive side of Pilot's contribution from the scorecard and stat ( his partnership stand, etc), So why fear score card? Beacuse when you use it, its more convincing to other.;)

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 9:18 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Fazal
March 3, 2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Navarene
And for those who want to see Mushfiqur for Pilot behind the wicket must have been smoking too much now a days.

So thats the best logic you can come up with for Pilot? :great:

Not that I want Pilot out, but I see why some people want Pilot out. Atleast they tried to explain why they think that way. On the other hand Sham and Sadi explained why they think Pilot should continue to play in the team

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 9:28 PM GMT, by Fazal.

nsd3
March 3, 2006, 04:49 PM
I think both Mashrafi and Aftab should be in for this kind of Pacer friendly pitch at Bogra. Cht was a flat one and we did reasonably well with 4 regular bowlers. But this time we need 5 bowlers to put pressure on SL.

However, if we take Mashrafi in place of Alok, it wouldn't hamper the existing balance of the team from Cht. Because Mashrafi and Alok both are thought as allrounders. The question is: Where can we put Aftab then? It would be Nafis Iqbal, I guess (this guy needs to correct his 'loss of patience' before he gets depressed for not being called in the team).

My suggestion:
Put Mashrafi in for Alok (more pacer + Kapali like batsman)
Put Aftab in for Nafis I (better batsman & helping Mashrafi to take rest with bowling occassionally)

Regarding Mushfiq - If we really need him, we have to sadly miss Pilot! Pilot was batting sensibly, but how much can he score- at best 30-35. But Mushfiq could score more than that, which is more important at this stage (with regards to Pilot for what he did so long for us).

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
Because Think About it....if he didn''t play that Stupid shot, The Wickets would've been lasting For few more Overs....And Its The begining of success for SL bowlers.....AndDont forget...once they Removed one....they gets mentally Strong to Remove the new one....And Also dont Forget...When a wicket Fells...the partner (JO or anyone) becomes mentally defensive. Therefore....we can blame N.Iqbal...because of his stupid shot Selection....the wicket started falling.....

Although u said he didnt play for all others....Well....He is Part of all among.....and if one is effected....The Whole team is effected...So after Falling IQBAL....u have seen that SL bowlers didnt let anyone settle after.....And As long as they jo and IQbal were at the Crease..The SL players looked Frastrated....so u can see the reality of blaming someone who can play stupid Shots to get himself out.....

I'd have not saying like this if he was out in a which is really really dangerous and un protective...and In both innings he got out very stupidly....
Point understood. But then, this would mean the openers can not get out in any games and play 50 overs in ODI and play all day in tests before the captain declares. Otherwise, according to your theory they will cause a collapse and give the opponents an opening to perform better. In that case, we would need Hanif Mohammad and Sunil Gavaskar in their blazing form to open for us.

To me, one can not be blamed for another person's mistake. Losing concentration because partner got out justifies weak mentality. If you are a test batsman you must be aware of this and shold try to concentrate twice as harder. If Bashar and Ash can start batting from 15-20 overs then they should be able to start batting from 5-10 overs also. Or are you suggesting that they can not play the fast bowlers as well as the openers? N Iqbal didn't ask Bashar to play the ball with his feet rather than using his bat. He did not ask Ash to hit every ball he could hit. They could have showed more patience and control.

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 10:04 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 05:37 PM
Point understood. But then, this would mean the openers can not get out in any games and play 50 overs in ODI and play all day in tests before the captain declares. Otherwise, according to your theory they will cause a collapse and give the opponents an opening to perform better. In that case, we would need Hanif Mohammad and Sunil Gavaskar in their blazing form to open for us.

wouldnt that be nice?? :lol:

Dhurr
March 3, 2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Originally posted by Dhurr

I don't know why you think we need to stop looking at the freaking scorecard along with . Beacuse scorecard may not be absolute true perfomance indicator but ... its the best performance indicator that we have that is truely measuable and objective. The talent, style, composure, grit, ect are subjective and higly biased and unpredictable, it depends on who is evaluating.

btw, you yourself pointed out the positive side of Pilot's contribution from the scorecard and stat ( his partnership stand, etc), So why fear score card? Beacuse when you use it, its more convincing to other.;)

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 9:18 PM GMT, by Fazal.

my problem with depending solely on stats is that it can be misleading. look at mashud's scores in this test. he scored 6 in the first innings and 15 in the second. that's an average of 10.5

somebody looks at it, and he'll say mashud had a bad test. in fact, some people in the thread mentioned that mashud's going through a lean patch. They look at the averages, and see that SEVEN bangladeshi batsmen had a higher average than mashud in this test. only shahadat, enamul and rasel scored less runs than mashud did. so looking at the scorecard and just the runs scored makes it look like mashud had a bad test. guess what? he didn't!!! he was in a fifty-plus partnership in both innings.

so, all im saying is, stop looking solely at statistics. look at the conditions under which the runs are made. a few days ago, somebody posted a thread about how our players get out even before they score 20. guess what? mashud was bundled out for under twenty runs in both innings. heck, his total score for both innings barely exceeds twenty, but you cannot deny his contribution to the team's batting efforts in this test.

Bat-PadTogether
March 3, 2006, 07:38 PM
I read in a website Mashrafee is still suffering from back pain.Its when he bends after the delivery he feels pain.So I really dont think it will be a great idea to play him in Bogra.The only change will be if Rahim gets a chance then Kapali will be dropped.

Mohiul
March 4, 2006, 02:44 PM
Yap, you're right Dhurr bhai.