PDA

View Full Version : Bd-Kenya telecast issue

SMHasan
March 5, 2006, 10:12 PM
hello everyone

Kenya will be playing 5 one day matches against us within few days but it's really not clear who is gonna broadcast those matches live.

Those who live in foreign depend on any inernet pay sites like Dilmatv.com, willowtv etc but it seems that no paysite will show bd-kenya matches. Plus there is no other free website (www.onlinemedia.in) that will provide the live feed because they are not bothered about bd or kenyan cricket at all. However they might provide live feed only if its showed in the sattelite channel like espn. But as its not clear whether espn or star sports will cover the series let's assume that no website or pay site will show the matches.

Next thing is Bangladeshlive....but in recent times they were really silent and we dont know whether they will make any effort. Even if they provide the feed we will face serious buffering and we won't be able to watch properly. So lets drop them.

The next possible scenario is BTV will make the production (they will do it, if they don't then the series will not take place according to the icc's condition which says game replay have to be provided in any intl match ).

Then how we are going to watch ? The solution is Sopcast.Its a nice piece of software where we can make our own channel and the more the user grows the more it gets better. But the question is someone from Bangladesh will have to provide the feed.He won't need too many things except Sopcast, broadband connection and an encoding software like WM encoder. I have tried this software practically in my local network,it works and I am prepared to give any technical help needed but we need someone who is living in bangladesh and willing to do all of us a great favour.

Since its a serious proposal I am expecting some serious n constructive comments from you.

Thanks.

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 3:30 AM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

Faceoff
March 5, 2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks homes for bringing this up. I totally agree with u that we need a peer to peer solution. Getting a live feed from BD can satisfy all of our hunger for cricket but bandwidth (upstream) and loadshading in BD are something that we will have to think about.

sadi
March 5, 2006, 11:02 PM
wow sounds great... it will hard to find someone with broadband connection in bangladesh though....

mshakir56
March 5, 2006, 11:14 PM
This sounds great, but is there anybody in BD who is willing to come forward? I hope so!:clap:

SMHasan
March 5, 2006, 11:19 PM
I am sure we have someone in banglacricket living in Bangladesh.Pls reply soon.

battye
March 5, 2006, 11:21 PM
The next possible scenario is BTV will make the production (they will do it, if they don't then the series will not take place according to the icc's condition which says game replay have to be provided in any intl match ).

Actually, because Kenya are playing, the series can go ahead without any game replays. When Zimbabwe played Kenya, there was no television coverage, and no 3rd umpire, but because it was a Full Members vs Associate Member it was okay to go without it. :)

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 4:22 AM GMT, by battye.

SMHasan
March 5, 2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by battye

Actually, because Kenya are playing, the series can go ahead without any game replays. When Zimbabwe played Kenya, there was no television coverage, and no 3rd umpire, but because it was a Full Members vs Associate Member it was okay to go without it. :)

Made me confused! Anyway, considering Bangladesh's situation at least BTV will cover it.Can u remember when Zimbabwe visited bd in 2001?

akabir77
March 5, 2006, 11:30 PM
I will contact my contact in bd and come back here... Homes he will need your help. So u r saying that he won't need a TV card or something? i wonder how he will get the channel in his pc though....

Faceoff
March 5, 2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by akabir77
I will contact my contact in bd and come back here... Homes he will need your help. So u r saying that he won't need a TV card or something? i wonder how he will get the channel in his pc though....

He will definitely need a tv card.

SMHasan
March 5, 2006, 11:40 PM
Will need a tv card for sure, sorry i didnt mention it. But yes he will be encoding the games from his pc thus needs a tv card.

If you wana leave any message for me then pls u2u me or email me if I am not online.It applies to everyone.

battye
March 5, 2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by sherlockhomes
Originally posted by battye

Made me confused! Anyway, considering Bangladesh's situation at least BTV will cover it.Can u remember when Zimbabwe visited bd in 2001?

Basically, a video replay is only needed when 2 Full Members are playing each other.

Bangladesh - Full Member
Zimbabwe - Full Member
Kenya - Associate Member

So BD vs Zim would need coverage, but BD vs Kenya or Zim vs Kenya would not.

I hope that clears it up a bit :) ;)

carnthejackles
March 6, 2006, 05:00 AM
Hey, can anyone tell me if there is a way to watch the second test against Sri Lanka over the net for free????? im kinda new 2 all of this stuff, would b most gratefull!!!!!:fanflag:

cricket_pagol
March 6, 2006, 05:24 AM
This is a good initiative... I hope someone from bangladesh can provide us with live feed!!!

carnthejackles
March 6, 2006, 05:26 AM
anyone on how it all woks?????? i know how to use winamp is that good???:(

6alltheway
March 6, 2006, 06:07 AM
Thanks, i hope someone can record and upload if not live feed.

fwullah
March 6, 2006, 06:57 AM
"it will hard to find someone with broadband connection in bangladesh though.... "

I have broadband connection. I am also planning to buy a tv card very soon.

However, I am just not an expert in this area.

Spitfire_x86
March 6, 2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
"it will hard to find someone with broadband connection in bangladesh though.... "

I have broadband connection. I am also planning to buy a tv card very soon.

However, I am just not an expert in this area.
What kind of connection you have? Many of these so called "broadband" connections are often slower than 33.6k dial-up.

I have 40 kbps downstream/30 kbps upstream (stable speed) connection, which is better than many other "broadband" connections. This kind of speed is not enough for streaming video by any standards. You can upload the highlights though, given you have enough patience and compressed the video efficiently.

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 1:57 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

prasad
March 6, 2006, 08:58 AM
i am on a 384kbps cxn but upload is 120kbps.and the service is not unlimited.or else i wud have tried this thing.

battye
March 6, 2006, 09:09 AM
I am no expert in this area, but I believe that for streaming you should have no less than 256kbps upstream.

prasad
March 6, 2006, 09:20 AM
thats ture ,whatever encoding u use 256 is a minimum.

fwullah
March 6, 2006, 09:54 AM
Ahem, my one is unlimited broadband, but speed is very low, my one could be in the region of what Prasad said about his Internet speed - around 300 kbps.

I had tried to upload a video file that I have in a VCD, using MPEG, Windows Movie Maker and other programs following instructions from Nasif I think, couple of years ago, but I was unsuccessful in uploading that.

Recently, I bought a new computer with Pentium D, which is compatible (unlike my old one, which was P-III 450 MHz) with the most hardware (TV cards) that are now available in the market. But, I did not change my Internet connection, I am waiting for submarine cable to come to Bangladesh .

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 2:57 PM GMT, by fwullah.
Reason: Sentence added

DeshPremik
March 6, 2006, 10:07 AM
hello everyone

Kenya will be playing 5 one day matches against us within few days but it's really not clear who is gonna broadcast those matches live.
:
:
:
Since its a serious proposal I am expecting some serious n constructive comments from you.

Thanks.

sherlockhomes, its an excellent proposal, has anybody contacted you regarding this help from Bangladesh yet??
If so, please let the end user know, where and how to watch the game??

prasad
March 6, 2006, 10:13 AM
Ahem, my one is unlimited broadband, but speed is very low, my one could be in the region of what Prasad said about his Internet speed - around 300 kbps.

download speed doesnt hlp,its the upload bandwidth thats important.if u r buying a tv card buy a pinnacle one.plz plz plz dont buy mercury.i own this crap card.

Spitfire_x86
March 6, 2006, 10:18 AM
Ahem, my one is unlimited broadband, but speed is very low, my one could be in the region of what Prasad said about his Internet speed - around 300 kbps
300 kbps? That is nearly 9 times faster than the 33.6 kbps dial-up that most internet users use in our country.

You can test your download and upload speed at www.testmy.net

prasad
March 6, 2006, 10:24 AM
ok one more idea,what abt audio telecast?i think its feasible with a rm or wma format.

SMHasan
March 6, 2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by prasad
ok one more idea,what abt audio telecast?i think its feasible with a rm or wma format.

Hope for the best but be ready for the worst!Lets go for the video but unfortunately if we can't do that then we will consider the audio.

SMHasan
March 6, 2006, 11:01 AM

I had tried to upload a video file that I have in a VCD, using MPEG, Windows Movie Maker and other programs following instructions from Nasif I think, couple of years ago, but I was unsuccessful in uploading that.

Recently, I bought a new computer with Pentium D, which is compatible (unlike my old one, which was P-III 450 MHz) with the most hardware (TV cards) that are now available in the market. But, I did not change my Internet connection, I am waiting for submarine cable to come to Bangladesh .

fullah please check ur upload speed at http://www.testmy.net/
and let me know. If u have got the broadband then we can be more optimistic, where u r going to buy a tv card as well.

I tested my upload speed as well the stat is as follows:

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::
Connection is:: 250 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 31 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net (main)
Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 8:38am
Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 33.03 sec
Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 81.43 % of your hosts average (btcentralplus.com)
Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-25QXCDKAB

So operating at 250 kpbs I got a nice result the other day when I tested the streaming in my local network.Hope ur one is good enough then we can test the streaming from ur machine as well.

SMHasan
March 6, 2006, 08:11 PM

Akabir77

Take ur time and pls let me know whether u have found anyone in bd for helping us in live streaming.

I am not happy at all seeing that all those people in
banglacricket are busy on posting their comments on different matters rather than trying to help me out regarding streaming. I am sure if we can do something then everyone will be watching the matches but they are not helping us here.This is injustice.

I started this thread to serve every cricket crazy fan of bd not only me. This thread has received more than 450 views but very few replies and encouragement.

Faceoff
March 6, 2006, 09:04 PM
banglacricket are busy on posting their comments on different matters rather than trying to help me out regarding streaming. I am sure if we can do something then everyone will be watching the matches but they are not helping us here.This is injustice.

I started this thread to serve every cricket crazy fan of bd not only me. This thread has received more than 450 views but very few replies and encouragement.

I understand your frustration. The very same people will be asking for live streaming on the game day.

btw, bhobisshote willowr stream jodi sopcast shomprochar kora jai tahole bhaloi hobe

SMHasan
March 6, 2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Faceoff

I understand your frustration. The very same people will be asking for live streaming on the game day.

btw, bhobisshote willowr stream jodi sopcast shomprochar kora jai tahole bhaloi hobe

bhai re bd-kenya series to ar willow dekhabe na........

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 2:21 AM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

Faceoff
March 6, 2006, 09:33 PM

bhai re bd-kenya series to ar willow dekhabe na........

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 2:21 AM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

ha ami jani, shudurproshari chinta korchi :)

fwuallah tho ekhono reply korlona !!!

sadi
March 6, 2006, 11:46 PM
yeah I think its a great idea.... if you can take the feed from willow tv and show it in soapcast, it will be great... yeah maybe we can't do that for kenya series, but definatley we can do it against australia and maybe tomorrow against srilanka.

By the way, thanks for your effort sherlockhomes. :up::up:

akabir77
March 6, 2006, 11:49 PM
no luck yet trying hard.. hope my friend gets permission from his boss to put up a line though things r not looking good....

Only thing is his boss is also hard core cricket follower like us:drool:

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 04:59 AM
Of course audio is a good idea, if finally we can not mange to get video stream. Some of our Paltalk friends telecasted audio for BD vs. SL ODI which I think was very good in quality.

fwullah
March 7, 2006, 05:30 AM
I talked with my brother, he says that my download speed is 6 kb and my upload speed is 3 kb. Is that any good?

"My guess would be that these stats are for a 56K!/56K! connection."

I found the above sentence using the TestMy.net testing.

prasad
March 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
its 3KB not the small b.thats 24kb/s and sorry fwullah,u can try with audio .no hopes of video transmission with that speed.that too a properly encoded audio,quality??.and did your isp say this is broadband.take a broad bat and uska band bajhaado.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 11:22 AM GMT, by prasad.

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 09:18 AM
no luck yet trying hard.. hope my friend gets permission from his boss to put up a line though things r not looking good....

Only thing is his boss is also hard core cricket follower like us:drool:

hey I dont understand ur situation.who is ur friend and what he is trying to do??What the boss does?Is ur friend trying to get a broadband line or what?

Please explain clearly!

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 09:23 AM
I talked with my brother, he says that my download speed is 6 kb and my upload speed is 3 kb. Is that any good?

Seems you are having a dial up connection which opperates at 56 kbps (not kBps, remember which is bigger) and you have got a upload speed of 24kbps.

fullah can u test this in testmy.net again and send those results to me or post the whole results here? Please do that.

Faceoff
March 7, 2006, 09:26 AM
ok, worst case scenario we don't get any live feed but if someone can record the highlights that would be great.

prasad
March 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
if its on espn/star/tensports, i will post the hilites.

fwullah
March 7, 2006, 09:55 AM
I have no idea of what the following means:

Connection is:: 12 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 1 kB/s
Test Time:: 2006/03/07 - 7:53am
Bottom Line:: 0X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 1024 sec
Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 92.31 % of your hosts average (12.139)
Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-U69SPF2J7

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 10:01 AM
hello everyone

Those who live in foreign depend on any inernet pay sites like Dilmatv.com, willowtv etc but it seems that no paysite will show bd-kenya matches. Plus there is no other free website (www.onlinemedia.in) that will provide the live feed because they are not bothered about bd or kenyan cricket at all. However they might provide live feed only if its showed in the sattelite channel like espn. But as its not clear whether espn or star sports will cover the series let's assume that no website or pay site will show the matches.

Next thing is Bangladeshlive....but in recent times they were really silent and we dont know whether they will make any effort. Even if they provide the feed we will face serious buffering and we won't be able to watch properly. So lets drop them.

Then how we are going to watch ? The solution is Sopcast.Its a nice piece of software where we can make our own channel and the more the user grows the more it gets better. But the question is someone from Bangladesh will have to provide the feed.He won't need too many things except Sopcast, broadband connection and an encoding software like WM encoder. I have tried this software practically in my local network,it works and I am prepared to give any technical help needed but we need someone who is living in bangladesh and willing to do all of us a great favour.

Thanks.

Hi,

One of my Friends who lives in USA requested me to check out the possibility of a live telecast of BD-Kenya series. So I checked out the options and franky speaking 256 kbps dedicated upload bandwidth from a reliable provider in Bangladesh is very costly. Bandwidth + Royalty to BCCB & BTV will end up near about US$ 3000 or even more (I haven't talke to BTV/BCCB yet).

Now the question is do you people think this will be a worthy venture. I have just contacted DilmaTv.com and the best solution would be if they show thier interest and can cover the cost.

Technically, there is absolutely no problem in live webstreaming ... this is a piece of cake these days. Quetion is. "Will Economics Work?":-/

By the way Kenya will play four ODI's not five on March 17, 20, 23 & 25. The first will be in Bogra, second in Khulna and the last 2 in Dhaka

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 5:45 PM GMT, by zakirc.
Reason: Mistake in details

Ahmed_B

Seems you are having a dial up connection which opperates at 56 kbps (not kBps, remember which is bigger) and you have got a upload speed of 24kbps.

fullah can u test this in testmy.net again and send those results to me or post the whole results here? Please do that.
OK... lets have a clear look at the matter now.

to Sherlock,
Thanks for the initiative... but perhaps there is something you must know regarding this 'Broadband' thing in Dhaka.

First of all, your idea about broadband being rarely available in dhaka is not quite true. It's actually a pretty common thing here in dhaka these days. But that is as far as the good news goes. The rest is all bad news for you. These so-called Broadband connections are no where near the actual broad-band speed that you people get to enjoy out there. These broadbands are hardly any better than dial-up connections, unless it is a 'corporate-facility' broadband (which is surely uncommon among private users in Dhaka).

So even though members here in dhaka would like to help you with this matter... unfortunately none of them have the type of connection that can be used for video streaming/uploading. I suppose now you do understand why the response to your thread from the BD members is so poor.

However.... is it not possible to use the TV card as 'webcam device' in yahoo or other messangers and telecast the match over there? The problem, in that way, will probably be the number-limit of viewers at a time. Anyway.. I am not also sure if that will work. Never tried it before.

Faceoff
if its on espn/star/tensports, i will post the hilites.

Thanks bro.

fwullah
March 7, 2006, 10:35 AM
"However.... is it not possible to use the TV card as 'webcam device' in yahoo or other messangers and telecast the match over there? The problem, in that way, will probably be the number-limit of viewers at a time. Anyway.. I am not also sure if that will work. Never tried it before." - this idea sounds great, even if its for very few viewers.

My questions:

- Will I need anything else if I want to do this, besides TV card in my computer (ofcourse, I have yahoo mesenger and msn messenger installed in my computer)?

- Will the tv card has to be an internal tv card or an external tv card? (I think internal tv cards are for capturing video, whereas external tv cards are only for viewing)

- If I buy an external tv card now, and plan to buy a separate capture card for capturing video later, will that work?

- If I buy and install (any) tv card, will that cause problems for using webcams in the future? I heard my brother had a tv card couple of years earlier and he had problems with his tv card which used to conflict with his webcam

- Finally, but most importantly, if I turn my computer on and go to work, leaving the computer turned on (as well as the tv card), will that still work - (live webcam viewing, I mean) - in that case, the only problem would be loadshedding in Dhaka while I am not home.

fwullah
March 7, 2006, 10:39 AM
By the way, it costs only 1700 Taka to buy an external tv card and it costs double to buy an internal one - in the range of 3,000 Taka to 4,000 Taka (where my idea on pricing of tv cards always had been that internal cards costs less than external ones).

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
[quote]Originally posted by fwullah

OK... lets have a clear look at the matter now.

to Sherlock,
Thanks for the initiative... but perhaps there is something you must know regarding this 'Broadband' thing in Dhaka.

First of all, your idea about broadband being rarely available in dhaka is not quite true. It's actually a pretty common thing here in dhaka these days. But that is as far as the good news goes. The rest is all bad news for you. These so-called Broadband connections are no where near the actual broad-band speed that you people get to enjoy out there. These broadbands are hardly any better than dial-up connections, unless it is a 'corporate-facility' broadband (which is surely uncommon among private users in Dhaka).

So even though members here in dhaka would like to help you with this matter... unfortunately none of them have the type of connection that can be used for video streaming/uploading. I suppose now you do understand why the response to your thread from the BD members is so poor.

However.... is it not possible to use the TV card as 'webcam device' in yahoo or other messangers and telecast the match over there? The problem, in that way, will probably be the number-limit of viewers at a time. Anyway.. I am not also sure if that will work. Never tried it before.

I know a little bit of the situation since I am not in dhaka since 2003. Now the question is can u use tv card as webcam?I dont think so and even if u do so then u wont get a quality stream because you havnt got enough bandwidth.

Still there is hope because sopcast is a different thing upload speed isnt everything here, it uses each users speed and the more the usergrows the more it gets better. I am researching on it lets see what happens.

fwullah
March 7, 2006, 10:41 AM
One last question on the technical matters: I don't have any graphics card in my computer yet, I am using the built-in graphics card in the motherboard right now (motherboard model is Pentium D945GNT).

I heard that if I don't have a graphics card installed, then tv card doesn't work - is that true?

prasad
March 7, 2006, 10:45 AM
first things first,dont dont dont buy an externel card.it uses the usb interface.the clarity is not near the quality of a pci (internal)card.u will get good softwares for an internal card.as i said the other day,get a pinnacle or a pixelview card.dont buy mercury product.get a card with radio capability.blieve me u will luv it.i didnt buy it then.i have faced no problems with using messenger .if u r interseted in capturing,make sure u have 256mb ram in your pc.or else the flow in the video will not b smooth.a fast processor and a good hard disk helps.a good tv card cost 3500rs here.

buying two cards(internal and xternal) is not a good choice.u can get a 512 mb memory stick + an internal card for the price.at the speed u mentioned,webcasting is not possible.

al Furqaan
March 7, 2006, 10:45 AM
dhakai ekhono loadshedding hoi???

prasad
March 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
there is no relation b/n a good grapics card and a tv card.the image may look crispier with a good gfx card.the 945 chipset is more than sufficient.2 yrs ago i was using an 845 builtin gfx card with my tv card.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 3:50 PM GMT, by prasad.

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
fullah

if u have a graphics card then its fine.As far as i know u dont have to have a seperate graphics card for the tv card to work. If u have a built in graphics card then the tv card shud work.

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 10:53 AM
first things first,dont dont dont buy an externel card.it uses the usb interface.the clarity is not near the quality of a pci (internal)card.u will get good softwares for an internal card.as i said the other day,get a pinnacle or a pixelview card.dont buy mercury product.get a card with radio capability.blieve me u will luv it.i didnt buy it then.i have faced no problems with using messenger .if u r interseted in capturing,make sure u have 256mb ram in your pc.or else the flow in the video will not b smooth.a fast processor and a good hard disk helps.a good tv card cost 3500rs here.

buying two cards(internal and xternal) is not a good choice.u can get a 512 mb memory stick + an internal card for the price.at the speed u mentioned,webcasting is not possible.

fullah, if u wana buy a tv card then go for the intenal one. and dont buy both of them.

Now Prasad, do u have any idea on sopcasting? Do u think its possible to sopacast something with a low upload speed?

sadi
March 7, 2006, 10:58 AM
hey guys why don't you try to show todays game?? If anyone has willow tv, then they can definately do it....

prasad
March 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
i am familiar in torrents.i know the concept of sopcasting,but initially someone has to upload(seed) with a good speed.then rest of the leechers can share their upload bandwidth.without an initial 256 kb cnxn i dont think it works sherlock.

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sadi
hey guys why don't you try to show todays game?? If anyone has willow tv, then they can definately do it....

Yes ...but if dilma ban my account then? Moreover is it legal to rebroadcast their streaming?

sadi
March 7, 2006, 11:16 AM

Yes ...but if dilma ban my account then? Moreover is it legal to rebroadcast their streaming?

yeah I didn't think of it that way... aren't we just sharing? ;)

Faceoff
March 7, 2006, 11:24 AM

amar tho mone hoi amader definitely try kora uchit. dilma kichu korte parbena.

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 11:29 AM
fullah Please do the following things because we need to know whether u can stream any vedio files.

First of all download the sopcast client from http://www.sopcast.org/download/SopCast_050.zip don't download any other versions of it. Then uncompress it and u know how to install it, don't u?

Then go there http://smallmadtv.redirectme.net/en/tutorials/streamwithsopcast.php
this page shows you how to start the streaming. But make sure u dont downlad the other version of sopcast as its mentioned in that website.

Onece you have the windows media encoder and sopcast, you r ready to perform the test.So practice urself n follow the instructions.When you r ready I mean when you have got an impression about those then you can let me know, i will assist you to perform all the task. If we see you can do the streaming then what else!!

If have any questions in mind then put them together and ask me at a time.

Please do that.You are my fellow countryman!

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 4:50 PM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

Faceoff
March 7, 2006, 09:52 PM
holmes,

apni ki ajke sopcast a shomprochar korben?

Spitfire_x86
March 7, 2006, 10:04 PM
I have no idea of what the following means:

Connection is:: 12 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 1 kB/s
Test Time:: 2006/03/07 - 7:53am
Bottom Line:: 0X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 1024 sec
Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 92.31 % of your hosts average (12.139)
Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-U69SPF2J7
It means that your upload speed is 3 times slower than 33.6k dial-up services and not good enough even for audio streaming.

TheWatcher
March 9, 2006, 03:47 PM
ESPN-STAR has agreed to telecast the series :joy:

- New Age

sadi
March 9, 2006, 03:49 PM
who is gonna stream it though?? willowtv, dilmatv??

sonarbangla
March 9, 2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher

- New Age

you mean ESPN or STAR SPORTS? if ESPN then we will watch it live dude, i will give u the link.. :fanflag:

mshakir56
March 9, 2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by sonarbangla

- New Age

you mean ESPN or STAR SPORTS? if ESPN then we will watch it live dude, i will give u the link.. :fanflag:
I am pretty sure its star sports.

gravitY
March 9, 2006, 05:52 PM

- New Age

finally, at least some good news:great:

Umar
March 9, 2006, 07:03 PM
Is BD live going to show the Match??

SMHasan
March 9, 2006, 07:04 PM

- New Age

You sure u can provide the link?Is it any website?

thebest
March 9, 2006, 07:52 PM
if Banglalive teleccast, can we sopcast?

SMHasan
March 10, 2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by thebest
if Banglalive teleccast, can we sopcast?

Bdlive buffers a lot besides this its not sure that they will show all those matches. Whats the point of sopcasting a stream which buffers.Making problem with the problem?

If bdlive shows the matches then why do we sopcast?Everyone can go there and watch. We want a buffer free and sure source of broadcast and of course which will be free.

arafath79
March 10, 2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by gravitY

- New Age

finally, at least some good news:great: :floor::bravo::clap::fire: hurray !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatay falano dorkar Kenya team take eibar !!! :head:

Cricket46
March 10, 2006, 09:43 PM
The ESPN that telecasts cricket in the sub-continent is not the same as the ESPN we see here in North America.
It is something like CNN and CNN International.

Originally posted by mshakir56

- New Age

zakirc
March 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Cricket46
The ESPN that telecasts cricket in the sub-continent is not the same as the ESPN we see here in North America.
It is something like CNN and CNN International.

Originally posted by mshakir56

- New Age

It is ESPN. And yes the ESPN in Asia Region is entirely different than what u get in N. America.

BTV World will not do live telecast. BTV Terristorial will do and even that is inturrupted several times fur news and stuff.

Edited on, March 11, 2006, 3:49 AM GMT, by zakirc.
Reason: Mistake in details

sonarbangla
March 10, 2006, 10:51 PM
:duh: ah is tht.. damn.. then am not pretty sure.. hot-desi.com does provied tht link.. however i am not sure if thts the asian based one or not.. mm.. :drool:

mshakir56
March 11, 2006, 02:23 AM
so do we have a plan as to how we gono watch the matches?:lol:

Hatebreed
March 11, 2006, 02:47 AM
woooo live webcast will be awesome!

:joy:

SMHasan
March 11, 2006, 11:06 AM
fwullah

pls check ur u2u inbox or hotmail.We need to discuss about the sopcast problem.
We need ur help!!!!!!!

mshakir56
March 11, 2006, 11:37 PM
Sopcast is the best option we have, hopefully someone can broadcast the live feed.

Ahmed_B
March 12, 2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
dhakai ekhono loadshedding hoi???
Actually.... BD te akhon onek jaigai 'public-revault' suru hoise.. karon electricity er leje-gobore obostha! Haven't you heard yet? ;)

Fortuner
March 12, 2006, 11:08 AM
Why dont somebody who have high speed connection thru webcame show us the match.....

Mavricks (BC member )

did dat for us during Afro-Asia....

Some1 plz take the initiative noe..

SMHasan
March 12, 2006, 11:16 AM
I am still working on it with fwullah- another member of bc. So lets see what happens.

SMHasan
March 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
I think most people are not interested to do something for the live stream of ken-bd matches.I am specially talking about the moderators and administrators of Banglacricket.If you look at the other countries they are showing their matches live in the inernet, winamp.But its sad that we cant do that...why?I would do it if I was in Bangladesh but sadly I am in the UK.Still I am making contacts with people in BD to do the streaming.

Please post your comments regarding latest developments i.e what you r doing to telecast the matches live.

Thanks.

Shafin
March 13, 2006, 11:01 AM
Sharlokhomes,what you ae not trying to judge is that most of us here use dial-up.Even while some of us use Broadband,what we get at most is 3-4 kbps speed,and even that is not continuous,ormally,the net is on for 45 second in a minute with fluctuating speed.
With that speed,its impossible for us to help you,although we are very much interested to help you.
Hopefuly the submarine cable will solve the problem in early 2007

Nasif
March 13, 2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B

Yes it is possible. Only thing is yahoo gives 25 slots! I have done it before for BC members. I could have done again if I had the feed.

webcam/tvcards are same thing for the computer. Both are treated as video capture device.

zakirc
March 13, 2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
Sharlokhomes,what you ae not trying to judge is that most of us here use dial-up.Even while some of us use Broadband,what we get at most is 3-4 kbps speed,and even that is not continuous,ormally,the net is on for 45 second in a minute with fluctuating speed.
With that speed,its impossible for us to help you,although we are very much interested to help you.
Hopefuly the submarine cable will solve the problem in early 2007

This is exactly what I failed to make people realise .... Bandwidth is too expensive in Bangladesh for the avearage home user. :head:

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 5:15 PM GMT, by zakirc.
Reason: Typo

anayet
March 13, 2006, 03:08 PM
one fellow member mentioned that ESPN-STAR SPORT ( sub-continent) is going to broadcast the bangladesh vs kenya all four matches. i have checked there site but didnt find any information regarding telecasting of bd vs kenya matches.can he explain us from where he got the news? waiting for your reply..thanks

Shafin
March 13, 2006, 04:08 PM
We got it in the BD newspapers

Beamer
March 13, 2006, 04:14 PM
Willow usually waits till the last moment to announce the broadcast. So, wait till, say 12 hours before the game !

sunniath
March 13, 2006, 04:16 PM
i have checked espn-stars schedule as well.there is nothing mentioned about telecasting bd/kenya series.so i guess there wont be any live telecast of the series unless btv shows the macthes.

Umar
March 13, 2006, 04:35 PM
Guys...If u get any link for the live telecast..plz post it here....Coz Some of us dont know where to watch...

ialbd
March 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
Guys if you get a live link of BD-Kenya match DONOT post it here in BC. I repeat donot. Even b4 u finish ur post the live webcast will turn into a live slideshow . So the best thing you can do is try Sopcasting it. The more the users the better the telecast.

Follow Sherlockhomes bhai's instruction on Sopcast telecasting on the previous page. If you have a link and dont think u hav the expertise to do the sopcasting, contact sherlockhomes or some1 u know who can. Thanks in advance to whoever comes up.

Also, BTV shows all the BD matches right? Does that include BTV world? 1 of my relative lives in Dammam,Saudi and once he told me he gets BTV world there? I cant certainly ask him because cuz probably he doesnt even own a PC, but ppl in Saudi (or middle east) can help if BTV world is showing the match (of course by sopcasting).

BD vs kenya ::: too much to miss...

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 11:13 PM GMT, by ialbd.
________
ESSENTIAL VAAAPP VAPORIZER (http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com)

ammark
March 13, 2006, 06:29 PM
My two cents worth: to get a decent stream from BD is not going to be feasible.

Bandwidth costs are too high, and most people who use "broadband" get very slow upstream/downstream because of the VSAT/Submarine cable bottleneck.

The fastest, most feasible way I know about is GrameenPhone's EDGE service:

Pros:

- Around 120kbps constant stream (downstream prolly), theoretical maximum 236.8kbps.
- Reliable in the sense that current gele it wont go off, and because most people dont use it, there isnt a lot of bandwidth splitting and sharing within the GP network
- Unlimited monthly use for 1000taka for GP post paid mobile users (doesnt have to be standard line,
mobile-to-mobile is enough)

Cons:

- Requires EDGE capable phone to work as modem, and the PC is reliant on the serial/usb connection (EDGE PCMCIA/PCI cards are unavailable or very expensive)
- Phone/SIM has to be dedicated to work as a modem. If a phone call comes, the connection will drop.

As for video streaming in general: there really isnt any fun if the video bitrate isnt at least 135kbps (a la winamp shoutcast streams)
-The problem with winamp and windows media player broadcast is, no matter how good the stream is, the traffic (from bc members for example) will really strain the upstream and essentially we'll all be watching a buffering slideshow.... this is the case for ALL matches that I watch, the Indian match streamers all have a viewer limit placed in winamp per channel/stream.

The issue of unlimited viewers turning matches into a slideshow really bugs me. The best way is Sopcast, if one person can give the 135kbps upstream as a seeder, there are more than enough probashi high bandwidth consuming leechers to keep the stream running healthily.

As for the 'hot-desi.com' stream sonarbangla mentioned, I think it is worth a shot if they by chance show the desi ESPN, and if the Desi ESPN is broadcasting the matches. If anyone has a capture card they could try to rebroadcast through sopcast, that would be best. The same logic goes for Dilma and Willow, it will always be best to restream in sopcast so that we can avoid the buffer/slideshow business. After all, most of us dont have unlimited upstream bandwidth, for instance my DSL upload is restricted to 800kbps.

Sometimes I really think Bangladeshlive should just hide their stream address for cricket from general web viewers, instead they should just broadcast on sopcast, or have someone else (a bc member for instance) rebroadcast their unpublished stream through sopcast.

ialbd
March 13, 2006, 07:10 PM
I like the ur very last idea ammark. Bangladeshlive already has an infrastructure for broadcasting cricket from Bd (or wherever) but they run out of bandwidth or their server just cant withstand the traffic volume.

So I think this is the best idea: to approach bangladeshlive (from BC maybe) and tell them to Sopcast the matches. And thats the only way we can guarantee unlimited viewers.

Not too many seems interested abt Sopcast. For those ppl here's my two cent: I heard abt Sopcast months ago but it was just last week when i first tried it. I used to think its one of those peer-to-peer softwares that d/ls virus and what not from the net and is practically useless. But when I watched the Barcelona-Chelsea game last week the whole idea changed. This program is not a commercial one (right?) and you can it on/off whenever u like. On the champion league matches there were like 1400 viewers and I think if we try we can definitely get around 300 BD fans for this (which will provide more than smooth telecast for every1).
________
XR series (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_XR_series)

Bat-PadTogether
March 13, 2006, 07:10 PM
I have heard that Bangladesh Betar will telecast the live audio with Maroof and Khuda Bux Mridha as commentators,:up::up:

Faceoff
March 13, 2006, 07:38 PM
As far as I know Bangladeshlive will not broadcast anything in peer to peer software. I dont know if it's their arrogance or pride but it's just sad to see such good resources go to waste as we are watching the slide shows.

SMHasan
March 13, 2006, 07:44 PM
Sopcast is the best option that we have now.We are not gonna have any live feed from any website.Willow and dilma is very silent.

BTW are u guys sure that espnstar is gonna telecast the matches live?

SMHasan
March 13, 2006, 08:31 PM
ESPN-STAR will broadcast the matches live!!!!!!! Just read on 2days dailystar. Here is the news-

banglalink joins Tigers' party
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh-Kenya one-day series will be named the 'banglalink Tiger Cup' after one of the largest cellular phone operators banglalink signed a deal with Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) as title sponsor.

"You saw other colours previously and now black and orange has just joined the party. We are very pleased to get involved with cricket in the country for the first time and definitely will try to continue it," Lars P Reichelt, CEO of banglalink, told at a press conference yesterday.

BCB vice-president and marketing committee chairman Aziz Al Kaiser Tito informed that the sponsors will provide Tk 40 lakh.

"They will also give an extra US dollars 12,000 for four man-of-the-match and man-of-the-series awards," Tito said.

He added that ESPN/StarSports and Bangladesh Television will telecast the matches live.

BCB's new chief executive officer Mahmudur Rahman, who made his first official appearance, also spoke on the occasion.

Lars Reichelt, CEO of cellular company banglalink, speaks at a press conference to announce the sponsorship deal with Bangladesh Cricket Board for Kenya's tour of Bangladesh at a city hotel on Monday. PHOTO: STAR

ialbd
March 13, 2006, 08:46 PM
So ESPN/Star will be telecasting the match... so are we having Sopcasting?
________
LIST OF BELLHOUSING PATTERNS (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_GM_bellhousing_patterns)

ammark
March 13, 2006, 09:35 PM
Ekhon sheta nirbhor korbe tar upore je ESPN/Star'er stream capture kore internet'e abar prochar korbe. BDlive chhara to aaj porjonto keu ei kaaj korchhe na. DilmaTV ki amader jonno/non-SL match'ke dekhabe naki? Amar to mone hochhe Bdlive is our last resort in this matter.

Therefore, provided BDlive broadcasts, is there ANY possibily that we can avoid buffer syndrome from BDlive and have a most pleasant viewing experience for all?

Faceoff
March 13, 2006, 09:45 PM
Dilma just rebroadcasts willow's stream. So if willow not streaming then u can forget abt dilma. Pretty much all the sites that broadcast cricket are either rebroadcasting willow or dish networks stream. We pretty much have no chance of getting any stream from any where else. Now bdlive may have a source in bangladesh at least thats what it says in his site but nothing confirmed. And even his source broadcast. it will be slide show or worse. Now so many streaming taking place in sopcast or tvants that I get really dissapointed with Bangladeshlive for not utilizing this great potential of peer streaming.

thebest
March 13, 2006, 09:54 PM
I have watch SA-Aus match through yahoo webcast. Unfortunatly evn there was not more thn 20 people it became a slide show due to upload speed of Bangladesh.
So only option is left for bangladeshlive bhai to sopcast. I am planning to email them. I urge all of u to email them before it too late.

zakirc
March 13, 2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by anayet
one fellow member mentioned that ESPN-STAR SPORT ( sub-continent) is going to broadcast the bangladesh vs kenya all four matches. i have checked there site but didnt find any information regarding telecasting of bd vs kenya matches.can he explain us from where he got the news? waiting for your reply..thanks

I think I was the first one to post this news (Last Thursday) ... I got the Information from BCB operations office, Navana Tower (5th Floor), GUlahsn-1 :cool:

Check out ESPN-Star's Asian Region website. . .you may find more info.

hkhan
March 14, 2006, 12:34 AM
I emailed willow about bangladesh kenya series and this is the response i got from them.

Dear Subscriber,

Thank you for your message.

We are working on acquiring the worldwide rights for Bangladesh tour of Kenya. We will post more information as soon as we get. Please check back with www.willow.tv for more updates.

Assuring you best of our services.

Regards,

Willow TV Inc.
www.willow.tv

so lets hope they get the rights. usually they do.

mshakir56
March 14, 2006, 01:20 AM
It seems like Willow TV might show the series.

ammark
March 14, 2006, 03:19 AM
Tahole ekhon jigesh korchhi, ei stream abar winamp/media player/sopcast dara shomprochar korar uddyog ki neya hobe?

tonmoy1985
March 14, 2006, 05:27 AM
if any channel shows the game i will broadcast live audio of tht game in bangladesh cricket room in paltalk. hope u guys will come there. bye

SMHasan
March 14, 2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ammark
Tahole ekhon jigesh korchhi, ei stream abar winamp/media player/sopcast dara shomprochar korar uddyog ki neya hobe?

If willow shows then sopcast can be done...I can do this(though I m not subscribed to the willow tv) .The problem is they might take legal action.Its really a sensitive matter cos its all about telecast right.

SMHasan
March 14, 2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by tonmoy1985
if any channel shows the game i will broadcast live audio of tht game in bangladesh cricket room in paltalk. hope u guys will come there. bye

Why not live video through sopcast?

anayet
March 14, 2006, 06:20 PM
arey bhai vejal ta lagailo ESPN-STAR SPORTS. jodi khela tar rights na kinto tahole kinto BTV WORLD for sure match ta broadcast korto cos oi shomoi oder rights niye matha beta takto na. desi ESPN-STAR SPORTS dekanotei vejal ta laglo...eita jana ache btv world usually cricket dekai na cos cricket board rights ta sell kore deii...but jodi keo rights na kinto for sure broadcast korto..star jodi khela ta na kinto valoi hoto..dish lagiyei match ta deka jeto btv world..jaugga kicho korar neii:(

Bat-PadTogether
March 14, 2006, 07:50 PM
BTV World never shows live cricket!Only BTV from Dhaka shows cricket which is not on the air to the satelite.So these are two different channels.Iam still sure that ESPN Star Sports will telecast the match.

ammark
March 14, 2006, 08:08 PM
sherlockholmes bhai, sopcast'e abar prochar korar uddoger shathe ami support dite raji achhi. Willow'te subscription'er chada tulte hole, shei takata nishchoi amra srotara dite raji hobo from bc.

Jhamelata holo rights issue niye. Kintu shotti kotha bolte, jarai internet dara kono khela prochar kore, amar to mone hoy na keu rightser kothake kono patta dey. Winamp'e to all time Ind v Pak match dekha hochhe... Dish network'er churi kora streameri maddhome. Amader ki tahole chance niye dekha uchit?

Shobai ei prostaber bepare motamot dile bhalo hoy.

thebest
March 14, 2006, 08:28 PM
I read in somewhere champion league match is sopcasted. so may be we could take a chance

sadi
March 14, 2006, 08:39 PM
I don't think willow tv will do anything.... we can see most of the cricket games on winamp anyway...

powerplay
March 14, 2006, 09:28 PM
hey audio will be in paltalk, dont worry

Orpheus
March 14, 2006, 09:52 PM
Willow tv game show korle, magna distribution na korai bhalo I think. So in future, they actually TRY their best to get rights to all Bangladeshi matches.

If it was BD vs India, fine! but there aren't many viewers for BD vs Kenya.... so if there is hardly any subscription for the series, why would they bother to bring us future matches?

Something to think about.

"Telecast issue" is simply the matter of being able to watch the game somehow... it is not "monetary issue". If it's widely available to all - you better spend some money.

Thanks for reading.
- voice of right!

bengaltiger
March 14, 2006, 11:24 PM
i am new to this, so just had a few questions:

1) how is the quality of dilmaTV? did you guys enjoy watching the matches at dilmaTV? coz they are showing the ban vs aus series...and i am thinking of buying it.

2) do you have to have directTV to watch WillowTV or is it internet streaming video? and how is the quality?

thanks for all your replies

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 4:28 AM GMT, by bengaltiger.

babubangla
March 14, 2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus
Willow tv game show korle, magna distribution na korai bhalo I think. So in future, they actually TRY their best to get rights to all Bangladeshi matches.

If it was BD vs India, fine! but there aren't many viewers for BD vs Kenya.... so if there is hardly any subscription for the series, why would they bother to bring us future matches?

"Telecast issue" is simply the matter of being able to watch the game somehow... it is not "monetary issue". If it's widely available to all - you better spend some money.

:up::up::up:
Well Said.

Considering Passion for Cricket and willingness to Watch Cricket Online, we should have hundreds of paying subscribers among us to encourage streaming content providers to cover Bangladesh Matches regularly. If we take the financial situation of many of our fans living abroad, the number of subscribers may come down to somewhat lower level. But we still should have sufficient number of subscribers to bring streaming content providers into Bangladesh Cricket Market. But unfortunately, this is not the case. So, as you said, "Telecast issue" is not "monetary issue"; it's rather is our "mentality issue".

ammark
March 15, 2006, 05:34 AM
I see your point Orpheus, and I agree with you. As far as I know, Willow TV's service is 100% legal and the rights are paid appropriately.

I am unsure about the legality or rights issue of DilmaTV (and Bangladeshlive for that matter) which basically restreamed the Star Sports and Willow TV broadcasts for the Ban v SL series. Similarly I am unsure about the many channels that pop up in winamp and Windows Media Player that show ODI and Test Cricket matches of the 11 test nations, usually nicked off from DishTV. I can guarantee that SopCast is also 100% illegal unless you're showing a non-copyrighted programme.

Essentially... every viewer is to be charged for the privilege for watching a program. This is common logic, and the right to charge is that of Willow TV, Dish Networks, ESPN Star Sports... simply reproducing their stream for profit is illegal, and similar to home videos, the argument stands that one person's subscription may not be used for public viewing!

Therefore, by legally paying individually for the BD v Ken series to Willow TV and NOT some Winamp channel, we will be doing BD cricket a favour in the long run: with appropriate interest being shown for BD games to Willow, as well as possible rights proceeds and money reaching Bangladesh Cricket Board.

But by this logic, viewing Bangladeshlive slideshow for free and the England v India test match for free is also an illegal act on the viewers' part. There should be no discrimination whatsoever, even though there are free good quality winamp streams showing BD v India. Please remember this.

Based on this, would all of us probashi viewers pay individually for private/individual viewing of the BD vs. Ken series through Willow TV? :-/

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 10:43 AM GMT, by ammark.

SMHasan
March 15, 2006, 07:12 AM

Based on this, would all of us probashi viewers pay individually for private/individual viewing of the BD vs. Ken series through Willow TV? :-/

Jodi willow dekhay tobe to apni pay korben, tai na???

Shafin
March 15, 2006, 07:29 AM
One question,when will the first match start,i went to cricinfo but got no information.Is it a day match or a day night one?

Spitfire_x86
March 15, 2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Shafin
One question,when will the first match start,i went to cricinfo but got no information.Is it a day match or a day night one?
All matches are day match.

Cricinfo adds D/N only for day-night matches, but doesn't add anything for day matches.

Shafin
March 15, 2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks

Rizvi
March 15, 2006, 12:35 PM
All i know is that i love to watch Bangladesh play, and i love supporting my country no mattar how much they mess up. The main point is.....i will continue watching them, if it's free, sounds good.....if not, i don't mind paying a few bucks watching them. All of us abroad can spend a few bucks for my pride without any problems at all. so it's definitely not a monetary issue, but for the few us it is an issue.....it's a shame.

Rizvi
March 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
correction **for OUR pride**

Rizvi
March 15, 2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by bengaltiger
i am new to this, so just had a few questions:

1) how is the quality of dilmaTV? did you guys enjoy watching the matches at dilmaTV? coz they are showing the ban vs aus series...and i am thinking of buying it.

2) do you have to have directTV to watch WillowTV or is it internet streaming video? and how is the quality?

thanks for all your replies

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 4:28 AM GMT, by bengaltiger.

Dilmatv was worth the money spent. Initially there were few pauses, but that was because many people were logging in using the same account. But later on during the series, the quality was far greater. Willow also stream on the internet but for a few bucks extra.

Faceoff
March 15, 2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by babubangla
Originally posted by Orpheus
Telecast issue" is simply the matter of being able to watch the game somehow... it is not "monetary issue". If it's widely available to all - you better spend some money.

:up::up::up:
Well Said.

Considering Passion for Cricket and willingness to Watch Cricket Online, we should have hundreds of paying subscribers among us to encourage streaming content

If it's the matter of being legal then it was illegal to subscribe to dilmatv. Willow has the only legal streaming rights. Now if dilma offers the BD-Ken series for $15, will you guyz subscribe to willow for 50-60 dollars ???

ammark
March 15, 2006, 04:15 PM

Jodi willow dekhay tobe to apni pay korben, tai na???

Hehe, ekhon shobai ekta guilt-trip khawaile, dekha jaabe nije dorshon korar jonno taka diye ekai dekhtesi. I was just trying to get a response about whether rebroadcasting from willow will be right or not. Please bear in mind if you're going to take up the issue of legality, then watching free or watching from questionable sources (winamp, non-willow websites, sopcast) is illegal regardless of who you pay.

Ami to shobar individual subscription'er taka dibo na, khub beshi hole nijer subscription'er jonnoi dibo. Personally, eta'ke rebroadcast korte amar kono apotti nai, and if similarly you took ONE subscription and rebroadcast it through sopcast, then I'm just saying as a prospective someone mooching off you, I'd gladly pay you a proportional amount to cover part of the cost of your Individual subscription to willow. The legality/rights issue bole "holier than thou" howay kono laabh nai, we're all jumping on the bandwagon and watching free or paying the wrong guy most of the time anyway

Ami kono laabh korar chinta kortesina, when there are other websites and channels relaying for free, I'm just suggesting an alternative in their absence (as is case for BD v Kenya) or a better alternative (Sopcast instead of buffering slideshow/bdlive) that will be of minimal expense. Whether we get a supportive response for this 'be-aini' work is all I'm waiting for.

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 10:54 PM GMT, by ammark.

sadi
March 15, 2006, 04:33 PM
I am in

ialbd
March 15, 2006, 04:38 PM
ami asi

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 9:52 PM GMT, by ialbd.
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Nasif
March 15, 2006, 04:44 PM
বাংলা অনেক সুন্দর ভাষা। এসব বিষয় ইংরেজীতে না বললেই ভাল। অন্যথায় দেখা যাবে সুতা হাওয়া হয়ে গেছে।

nayef
March 15, 2006, 04:48 PM
amar {shaban-sans-a}cast korte apotti nai... kintu ekta shorto..
khelar majhkhane "hureee its a 4" .. r "amra korbo joy" lagano jabe na! :head:

ammark
March 15, 2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Nasif
বাংলা অনেক সুন্দর ভাষা। এসব বিষয় ইংরেজীতে না বললেই ভাল। অন্যথায় দেখা যাবে সুতা হাওয়া হয়ে গেছে।

webmaster bhai, mind koren na, kintu ei porjaye kemne jani chole ashlam amra. Puropuri Banglay eshob niye gobeshona korata amar'o kheyal rakha uchit chhilo. Ami antorik bhabe khoma chaichhi.

Amar ekta prostab achhe... Banglay apni ki ekta 'nirbachon'/poll ayojon korte parben ei bepare? Jotheshto shohayota pele mone hoy procharer kono udyog neowa jaabe. u2u me, I'll tell you what I have in mind.

ialbd
March 15, 2006, 04:52 PM
bhai apni shaban casting korben???

shuinai to uttejonay matha ghuraitese....

purbe english e likhar jonno dukkhito...

ei shutar shironam tao to bangla kore dia uchit (naki?) shorbochho shotorkota arki....
________
MAZDA KABURA SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Kabura)

ammark
March 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by nayef
amar {shaban-sans-a}cast korte apotti nai... kintu ekta shorto..
khelar majhkhane "hureee its a 4" .. r "amra korbo joy" lagano jabe na! :head:

Nayef, toronto chole ashish :lol: tui amare pitaish jodi out-of-hand hoye jai

Nasif
March 15, 2006, 04:59 PM
Amar ekta prostab achhe... Banglay apni ki ekta 'nirbachon'/poll ayojon korte parben ei bepare? Jotheshto shohayota pele mone hoy procharer kono udyog neowa jaabe. u2u me, I'll tell you what I have in mind.

ঠিক বুঝতে পারছি না কি বিষয় নিয়ে ভোট করতে চান। আমাকে u2u করেন আপনার আইডিয়া দেখি কি করা যায়।

nayef
Originally posted by ialbd
bhai apni shaban casting korben???

shuinai to uttejonay matha ghuraitese....

purbe english e likhar jonno dukkhito...

ei shutar shironam tao to bangla kore dia uchit (naki?) shorbochho shotorkota arki....

heheh... bhai.. amader chiro-protiddondi'r shathe juddho hobe... r uttejona thakbe na.. eita ki kono kotha naki? :fanflag:

ammar... bepar na.. hoye jabe .. jodio weekend e ektu desher baire jacchi ;)

ammark
amake prochar korte hole, ektu shohayota lagbe. Amar kono capture card nai. kintu druto-goti internet achhe, jar phole seeding/leeching bepare shahajjo hobe. ditioto, amar pc ektu unstable: majhe moddhe apon mone restart kore, always windows error'ke blame kore. Ei shob shojjho korte parle, prochar korte amar kono apotti nai. Kintu aage nishchit hote hobe je jotheshto bc member'ra ei prochar'e ongshogrohon korte raji, ar shobcheye important: [bat-banano-hoy-jei-gaach/kaath-diye tv] othoba onno keu jeno prochar kore jeno amader ekta source thake.

FaridpurChicago
March 15, 2006, 05:06 PM
Please, keo jodi shaban-casting koren, darun hoy. Kintu kotha theke korben. Apnar utsho ki ? Apnar utsho jodi 50-60 ডলার hoy tobe ami shekhan theke kinteo raji jodi shaban-casting na pai. Uthso ta bolben ki. Will../dilm. walara ekhono nishchito kore nai.

ammark
March 15, 2006, 05:15 PM
amar uthsho je shobai magna, non-slideshow, smoothe dekhte parbe khelata. Ei. Shaban-prochar'er strength hochhe je joto beshi dorshok thakbe, toto bhalo prochar hobe. Kono dorshok-limit, othoba slideshow thakbe na, etai chai. Ekhon taka-poyshar bepare, ami aageo bolechhi: ekhane kono laabher shorto nai. Optional donation thaka uchit, jeno bat-banano-kaath-tv'er bill ushul hoye jay, er beshi na. Emonki dilmatv'o jodi prochar kore, ar taara aro kom bill ney, taderke source hishabe babohar korteo amar kono apotti nai. Ami shudhu kom khoroche shundor bhabe khela dekhte chai.

Faceoff
March 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
Jara jara pillow ke pay kore legally khela dekhte chan then by all mean do so. Kono oshubidhe nei. Apnaderke amra shaban shomorthokder theke shubbheccha ebon bhalobasha roilo. pillowr kache bangladeshi dorshokder bhabmurti ujjol korte apnader ei attoteger jonno ogreem dhonnobaad.

Ebar ashi shoshta khela dekhanider niye. jodi pillow khela dekhai tahole amra ekta paypal account e shobai kichu chada diye shaban shomprochar korbo. hopefully ek dollare kam shara jabe :)

truetruetiger
March 15, 2006, 05:52 PM
sorry guys my bangla is not up to standardi dont understand. so will dilmatv definately broadcast - i don mind to pay a few dolar to c bangladesh

6n4
March 16, 2006, 01:30 AM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/

just check guys..there's even no live text commentary from cricinfo...

so its kinda sure no live feed from any sports channel except if btv with their crews show the matches live..

6n4

howzatt!
March 16, 2006, 01:51 AM
shaban shomprochar-e amio achi. khubi bhalo budhdhi.

Dhakablues
March 16, 2006, 01:52 AM
Wel... dont know if its on another thread.. but Channel I is going to teleceast all the matches. So anyone from USA should be able to stream

howzatt!
March 16, 2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Wel... dont know if its on another thread.. but Channel I is going to teleceast all the matches. So anyone from USA should be able to stream

are you sure?????????? then jumptv, here i come.

Dhakablues
March 16, 2006, 01:56 AM
yepp,, I just saw the ad on Channel I. The ad is crappy but it says they are going to telecast all the matches live.

howzatt!
March 16, 2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
yepp,, I just saw the ad on Channel I. The ad is crappy but it says they are going to telecast all the matches live.

WOW! thats great!!!! i'm buying 1 month subscription from jumptv. kintu channel I -er regular program bad? not that i care, but sounds wiered. but great news. tarpore-o keu shaban prochar korle shudhu utshaho and manusher shonkha baranor jonno ami achi.

Edited on, March 16, 2006, 7:00 AM GMT, by howzatt!.

ammark
March 16, 2006, 02:57 AM
Wow I already have a Channel i jumptv subscription. :lol:

thebest
March 16, 2006, 03:19 AM
ammark
তাহ্ললে আপনি কি সাবান সম্প্রচার করবেন?

ammark
March 16, 2006, 03:35 AM
Insha'Allah. kintu shahajjo dorkar hote paare. Apnarao thakben ki?

mshakir56
March 16, 2006, 03:52 AM
So is anyone from US gono be kind enough to provide us with live feed, through simple sopcasting.

ammark
March 16, 2006, 04:41 AM
Bhaiera Amar, ekhon jehetu channel-i'e cricket khela poridorshon kora jaabe, onek'ei jumptv'r subscription nichhe khela dekhar jonno.

Ami ei March masher jonno aage thekei jump tv dara channel-i'e subscribed achhi. Ei jonno ami shaban-shomprochar maddhome amar ei subscription share korte raji.

Ami shudhu test korar jonno jontro (recommended software) babohar kore *Prochar* korte cheshta korechhi, kintu amar mone hoy na ami shofol hoyechhi.

Keu jodi thik moto kaaj korate pare, ar ei dayitto nite raaji hoy, tahole ami channel-i'er amar jei link achhe - sheta game time'er jonno dite raaji achhi.

Edited on, March 16, 2006, 10:10 AM GMT, by ammark.

nayef
March 16, 2006, 08:58 AM
bdlive o shomprochar korbe bolechen.... amra unar kach theke feed niye prochar korte pari na?
uni bolechen 2000 manush er bebostha ache.. amar to mone hoy aro beshi manush dekhte ashbe... tai bikolpo bebostha thaka dorkar...

Faceoff
March 16, 2006, 09:41 AM
jodi channel I shomprochar kore tahole tho alhamdullilah. ammark bhai aar onnora jara achen, let's meet in a chat room in the evening so that we can configure the shaban and other issues related.

Sovik
March 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
channel i ki really khela dekhabe?

sadi
March 16, 2006, 10:12 AM
Is channel I gonna broadcast the game on their own or they will use the starsports feed?? Anyone knows?? Cuz if they use starsports feed then its okay but if its just them, then it will really suck

Sovik
March 16, 2006, 10:17 AM
as long as they have more than 2 cameras, i will be happy with that

Dhurr
March 16, 2006, 10:33 AM
Amar o kono capture card nai. kintu druto-goti internet achhe, jar phole seeding/leeching bepare shahajjo hobe. ami shaban shomprochar er shohayota te ongshogrohon korte raji.

Edited on, March 16, 2006, 3:33 PM GMT, by Dhurr.

Sam
March 16, 2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sovik
channel i ki really khela dekhabe?
Just now channel i announced that they are going to cover the match live from Bogra, but it's not clear whether they will relay the programme from espn or not.

Sovik
March 16, 2006, 10:51 AM
doesn't matter whether the feed is from espn or channel i as long as i can see the game

khankm
March 16, 2006, 11:16 AM
Excuse me, ami jump tv subscribe koresi kintu picture resolution dekhi khubi kharap. ekta khub soto screen ashse ar jokhon zoom korlam picture quality kharap hoe gelo.

Je shob bhaira niomito channel i dekhen ektu help korben please, kibhabe full screen better picture dekha jai.

Sobaike dhonnobad.

babubangla
March 16, 2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by khankm
Excuse me, ami jump tv subscribe koresi kintu picture resolution dekhi khubi kharap. ekta khub soto screen ashse ar jokhon zoom korlam picture quality kharap hoe gelo.
Je shob bhaira niomito channel i dekhen ektu help korben please, kibhabe full screen better picture dekha jai.
Sobaike dhonnobad.

Did you subscribe to the 5.99 low resolution dial-up version?

sadi
March 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
hey guys just a question... does it buffer sometimes in jumptv?? Did anyone ever experience that problem??

babubangla
March 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
hey guys just a question... does it buffer sometimes in jumptv?? Did anyone ever experience that problem??

My experience is: Quality is very nice with no buffering. Cats_eye said something about buffering during popular programs...not sure whether any other people experienced the same. I did not have any problem.

khankm
March 16, 2006, 12:00 PM
NO I PAID $9.95

howzatt!
March 16, 2006, 12:21 PM
channel I will broadcast the games, but trust me news every 30 mins will test your patience.

sadi
March 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
I totally forgot about the news... hopefully they won't be stupid like that

joybangladesh
March 16, 2006, 05:03 PM
is the channel I that we get here in the States through dish network going to telecast the match live??? can someone plz confirm.

thanks

bengaltiger
March 16, 2006, 05:27 PM
does channel i have a website? i wanted to find out what time the match will start?

gravitY
March 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
shaban somprochar er ki hoilo bujlam na to...

oita hoile valoi hoito.. ke jeno BC chat room e jete bolchilo.. gelam.. tarpor janlam.. shaban somprochar hocche na..

ummm porer match er kono bebostha ache??? jodi thake thaole, channel I er ta na holei valo... karon bangla commentary ar khela bad dia onno pechal dekhay.

ekhono shaban somprochar er pokkhe

:fanflag:

ammark
March 17, 2006, 09:48 PM
gravitY bhai, please check your u2u