PDA

View Full Version : How about Asking Ganguly.......??

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 06:36 AM
I was looking into the news 'More shuts the door on Ganguly' in cricinfo. Don't want to comment if the decision by IND Cricket board was good or bad but thought something really wild myself.

How about asking S. Ganguly to play for Bangladesh?

Many of you may just start quoting and blasting me like anything. But think about some other nations like Eng, SA and even ZIM. I can still remember how Jhonson and Goodwin served ZIM as they were awarded ZIM citizenship. Looking into the last 5/6 years of BD cricket, we have not yet got a true test standard batsman (I'm sorry to say that). Perhaps Bashar has only showed a little consistency with some bad patches and Ash is ‘coming soon’ for a long time. I really think that we should hire two good batsman in the team for some years to serve us before we make Rahim, Mehrab (jr), Rakib, Sakib, Aftab as a world class player. They can help us to get rid of being humiliating from the big guys in test matches.

But the question is, will SG accept BD’s offer? If he loves cricket and want to play international cricket, he should. But if he is very emotional about the country and fan, he will not.

What do you think? Dada ki amader team e khelar joggo na??
;)

prasad
March 6, 2006, 07:34 AM
a poor thread...even if it is a joke..:down::down:

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 07:47 AM
Hah hah ha........it could be hurting for you, Prasad. Take it easy man. It's just a discussion where reality is by no way close :lol: .

Enjoy!!

Baundule
March 6, 2006, 08:33 AM
I am kind of in favor of this thinking. But I am not in favor of dragging SG directly in the national team. May be, he can get a chance of playing in the A team first (after some matches in the league). And if he can perform, it's not a bad idea!

I am a big fan of Ganguly; specially his trade mark shot of coming down the wicket and hitting the spinners over long with ease! But he is already dumped in the Indian team and BD team is not a dust-bin anyway! Saurav has got to prove his form first!

Cricket46
March 6, 2006, 09:15 AM
Are you serious? I would not mind losing even bigger, but importing players? This is sad.

sadi
March 6, 2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Baundule
I am kind of in favor of this thinking. But I am not in favor of dragging SG directly in the national team. May be, he can get a chance of playing in the A team first (after some matches in the league). And if he can perform, it's not a bad idea!

Yeah he needs to play our domestic league and A team first for couple of years and prove that he can play for Bangladesh. If he can manage to score in our strong domestic league then we can send him to tour with the A team. Then maybe we can think about giving him a chance in the national team.

Poor thread :down::down:. Joke aside, I think SG earned a lot of respect for representing India and he will never play for another country.

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 09:30 AM
Why to take this so imotionaly my friend? Cricket is a sports and we want ourselves to be settle in international cricket standard. We don't want them saying 'kick out' BAN from test status. If it does really happen, all our hard work may go in vain i.e. we will need another 10/15 years to be considered for test status again. But if we look into the test results for all 41, is not it scary?? And most of all, we are really not showing enough improvement in test standard. One off innings like Ashraful plays does not show a real standard. Painful truth is we are doing really bad in test case (P.S. Of course, we are improveing in ODIs).

Why don't take this move as a short term strategy?

sadi
March 6, 2006, 09:36 AM
you can't feel good about yourself by wearing other people's clothes.... whatever we have is whatever we got.... by playing ganguly, we wont justify our test status... in order to justify our test status, we need to show our own players... this is no UAE my friend and we will come up....... patience is a virtue

Baundule
March 6, 2006, 10:09 AM
I dont agree with sar2005 that we are not improving in tests. Even the last test -that was lost by 8 wickets- shows a lot of improvement. We scored 300+ runs within the first day and Sri Lanka could better that only by 19 runs. The second innings needed just some sensible stay there and a lead of 250 -which was quite possible- could cause lot of problems to the Sri Lankans. We are certainly improving.

Actually, the idea of seriously thinking about dragging some dumped superstars into the BD national side is completely rubbish, in my opinion. We have a very good future (look at the U-19 side) and we are never in need of some ex-something from some other big-something!

btw, my previous post was just to make fun of the idea! And to show that we are not in such a terrible situation to give easy access to some ex-superstar or something!

prasad
March 6, 2006, 10:17 AM
the main issue is not abt winning .there is a nation's name on the shirt.and it deserves some respect.this is not some club football.just for the sake of winning u cant "import"players.unfortunately many gulf nations indulge in this trade for "olympic sports".

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
Great to see a lot of spirit on nationality. Even I personally was not fully convinced by the idea. Just a topic to discuss.

I completely agree with Baundule when he talks about our future with U19. But can't agree on our test performances though. The last game they played against SL was one off after being defeated badly by ENG and SL in consecutive 4 tests (8 innings). Moreover, I don't see yet the temperament of our boys that they want to stay for 5 days. Scoring 300+ runs in a single day can't be a credit when the match is over before 5 sessions. Hope they will come up with a very good show of improvement so that fat brains like mine never get a chance to think in such a stupid way.

I agree with Sadi that it is the respect and glory that SG has achieved by playing for IND that will never allow his soul and body to wear another nation's jersey. There are many games in the world where people are winning medals for some other country rather than their own. And it is exceptional for the cricketers..........probably which is the reason why we are so passionate about cricket!

Cheers!

Mahmood
March 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah lets make Bangladesh team with the rejects from all international test teams, starting with Ganguli, Beaven...

On a serious note, Bangladesh has never played immigrants in the national team, and probably will never play one.

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2006, 11:50 AM
If indian team faulter I can't help but smile. Same with the Pakis and the English too. So I want Dada to be in the Indian team and cause Chappel more sleepless nights. Not in BD team. I want aftab and Ash to face Dada's medium pace in the world cup. I want Mash and Co.'s highrise make Dada dance. Rafique get dot balls against him.
So can't say it would be a good idea for him to get any kind of residency in BD. He is better off creating havoc in BCCI. I want Gavaskar and others to encourage him to keep on playing and not retire. My 2 cents.

Sauron
March 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
Replace JO with Ganguly :fire:

RazabQ
March 6, 2006, 12:57 PM
Speaking of immigrants, there was this SL chap who played in the Dhaka leagues for the longest time in the mid 80s early 90s. I think his name was Gamaga and he really wanted to represent BD - wanted a BD passport in aroudn the time the United Arab Immigrants was kicking our rear-end at the ICC championship. Our board said - and I think rightly so - thanks but no thanks.

BTW, I've been told that getting a BD citizenship is awfully difficult. Does anyone know any facts pertaining to this?

RazabQ
March 6, 2006, 01:00 PM
BTW - as to the rather dubious topic of this thread - ICC requires a 5 year wait for passport switchers. Even if Danguly and BCB was willing and our leaden footed আমলাs were to somehow get him to be a নাগরিক - Saurav da would be 39 or thereabouts before he could play for the Tigers. Ruminate on that!

chow
March 6, 2006, 01:02 PM
sar2005, you are truly a moron. Bangladesh will never allow a foreign player to play for bangladesh. Such silly thread. Even if gang wants to play for bangladesh, bangladeshis will not allow it- may be in the case of people like you who wants everything to second rate india. So stop moronic non-sense and come to sense.

Sauron
March 6, 2006, 01:10 PM
39 Yr. old Danguly is > 21 Yr. old Nafis Iqbal
:fire:

Sauron
March 6, 2006, 01:14 PM
Btw, sar2005, a clarification - (in case you are excited to see my comments) : I have a twisted sense of humor.

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by chow
sar2005, you are truly a moron. Bangladesh will never allow a foreign player to play for bangladesh. Such silly thread. Even if gang wants to play for bangladesh, bangladeshis will not allow it- may be in the case of people like you who wants everything to second rate india. So stop moronic non-sense and come to sense.

Vai, Moron kothatar maney ki??

By the way, welcome to BC. I can see it was your first post. Congratulations!! I noticed some other people is commenting that BC has become boaring and no interesting thread. Just opened it to make some of my friends angry which is sometime good for chat - ;)

Also please read my previous post in this thread that will explain how non-sense I am. Enjoy.....

cricketboy
March 6, 2006, 01:28 PM
Pathetic!! Why will we bring players from other countries?

reyme
March 6, 2006, 01:29 PM
On a lighter note, to be eligible for BD national team, you need a brand name called "TALENT" and a quality called "ALOU-KIK KOPAL".

Unfortunately, Mr. Dada who opposed and questioned the test status for Bangladesh, lacks both.

Fazal
March 6, 2006, 02:28 PM
He may have given a lot to Indian team, he may be HOF player(of cricket).

But Ganguly in our team?

Over my dead body.,:mad:

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 7:34 PM GMT, by Fazal.

RazabQ
March 6, 2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Over my dead body.,:mad: Where is a good cat when you need one. O' Spitfire!!!!

Fazal
March 6, 2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
BTW, I've been told that getting a BD citizenship is awfully difficult. Does anyone know any facts pertaining to this?

Its very much possible. It may happen for multiple reasons:

Case I:
Too many people apply for citizenship. Therefore too much load to Immigration Depart and society. Government try to reduce the flow thereby making it awfully difficult to get

Case II:
Too few people apply for citizenship. Therefore Immigration Depart doesn't know how to process it (due to lack of experience), thereby making it awfully difficult to get

Shafin
March 6, 2006, 03:25 PM
Fazal,you missed reason 3:

Too many people,in fact so many that the country is corrently the only country eith rural structure and a population density over 1000 per sq km.

Btw,if you want bangladeshi citizenship,this website can provide you the forms:
www.forms.gov.bd

sheshprohor
March 6, 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by reyme
On a lighter note, to be eligible for BD national team, you need a brand name called "TALENT" and a quality called "ALOU-KIK KOPAL".

Unfortunately, Mr. Dada who opposed and questioned the test status for Bangladesh, lacks both.

This is valid for only one player of BD named:
ALOKik KoPALI

Prohor

Flip Master Mick
March 6, 2006, 05:51 PM
after reading all your posts and seeing how welcoming you are to the idea of dada's inclusion, nepal seems to be the only option left for poor guy :(

DJ Sahastra
March 6, 2006, 07:22 PM
Ganguly is not playing for BD and BCB is not asking him to play for BD anytime soon.

All the joke and jingoism and patriotism and anger and all the mixed emotion aside, if Ganguly were to join BD team today, it would've served BD cricket in big ways.

Even in his rejection and so-called poor form, i don't see any BD batsman as yet who can match him in the batting alone. And, if that is not enough, he should be able to walk into any team on any given day on the sheer virtue of picking teh right players, backing them and making them perform.

I think some of us are being not so objective in our terminal dislike of Ganguly for reasons best known to them :)

CricTiger
March 6, 2006, 07:42 PM
Ganguly can be our batting coach. He speaks in our language and he has the whole world of experience to share with us and thus gives us a moral boost in batting as well some tips to Bashar for good Captaincy.

Fazal
March 6, 2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I think some of us are being not so objective in our terminal dislike of Ganguly for reasons best known to them :)

I think the reason some of us dislike Ganguly is well known except for few like you.;)

Its nothing to do with Ganguly's current form. I would rather loose some games with our own boys than thrying to win with some quick fix. Actually I think Gangully with his current form, will not be able to pull lot of wins by himself. He plays like Gullu now a days.

btw... Ganguly is never one of our own ... and will never be one of our own. he himself have broken the bridge.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 12:54 AM GMT, by Fazal.

gravitY
March 6, 2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
Ganguly can be our batting coach. He speaks in our language and he has the whole world of experience to share with us and thus gives us a moral boost in batting as well some tips to Bashar for good Captaincy.

This is exactly what I was thinking.. He could be a good batting coach for BD. Of course he's not retired yet.. let see.. gonga'r pani kondike jay....

kaisermatin
March 6, 2006, 08:48 PM
yes, bd can benefit from his experience; probably as a batting coach. i don't know what whatmore is doing in this regard! fed up with the poor performance of our star players.

nayan
March 6, 2006, 09:35 PM
r u guys out of your mind or we just ran out of topics!

Spitfire_x86
March 6, 2006, 10:01 PM
We can bring him as batting coach though, and if he can show satisfying performance in this job then we may appoint him as full time coach when the contact with Whatmore expires.

cricketboy
March 6, 2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
We can bring him as batting coach though, and if he can show satisfying performance in this job then we may appoint him as full time coach when the contact with Whatmore expires.

I dont think Ganguly wants to retire in the near future. He wants to get back in the Indian team. He has no reason to feel unlucky seing Brad Hodge dropped from Australian team after averaging 59 in his 5 test matches in winter. :P

Flipper
March 6, 2006, 10:31 PM
How will Ganguli do as a coach if he doesn't belive in our team? I mean how will he do it if he thinks we don't belong at the top level? Have we forgotten so soon........?

Navarene
March 6, 2006, 10:59 PM
Ah..those olds days of gangu.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8645052267632717553&q=australia

thebest
March 6, 2006, 11:13 PM
This is not the first time and definetly not the last time that the issues of Gang becoming our batting coach pop up here. He is a great captain unfortunately not a complete batsman. He can not play rising bouncer all of us know. He used to know how to play spin. To me he was the greatest player of spin I saw. But unfortunaely he lost the charm. if BCB wants to employ him, let him be the chief scout for identifying talent who has the grit to be succesful. With the exception of P Patel all of Dada's pick is now established name in Indian team.

esteban_loaiza
March 7, 2006, 12:02 AM
Why do we only restrict this to Ganguly? Let's invite all the players of different coutries who dropouts from their national teams............

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
Why do we only restrict this to Ganguly? Let's invite all the players of different coutries who dropouts from their national teams............

Duita karon,

1. Pasher Bashay thake
2. Amader vashay kotha bole

Alright, whom else we can invite?? Got already another name from the previous post i.e. Michael Bevan. Anyone else? :lol:

(Ghash ta to khub valo dhorsse amare. Jinishta valo ) :great:

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 8:00 AM GMT, by sar2005.

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by sar2005

Duita karon,

1. Pasher Bashay thake

Alright, whom else we can invite?? Got already another name from the previous post i.e. Michael Bevan. Anyone else? :lol:

O, arekta kotha. Cholen ekta valo Bowler er khoj lagai. Bad porader list e ki keo asse?

BanglaCool
March 7, 2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Flip Master Mick
after reading all your posts and seeing how welcoming you are to the idea of dada's inclusion, nepal seems to be the only option left for poor guy :(
Hilarious 400th post!:great:
The sarcasm shows how many of us feel about the unjustified exclusion of Ganguly from the Indian XI. After all that is why some Bangladeshi fans wanted him to put in good use, rather than see him rot in ignominy and isolation.

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Navarene
Ah..those olds days of gangu.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8645052267632717553&q=australia

Hope Sharier Nafees have also taken a look into it
Some terrific crecketing shots!! Thanks for the link.

BappyHayat
March 8, 2006, 02:00 AM
Sourav Ganguly?? In Bangladesh Team??!!

Can't you guys remember who was the first guy questioning Bangladesh’s TEST STATUS ??

I'll stop supporting my Motherland if this JOKE comes true :(

(Though I don't support Sourav's exclusion from the Indian Team...it’s only for the sake of the Bengali Nationalism)

Edited on, March 8, 2006, 7:02 AM GMT, by BappyHayat.

esteban_loaiza
March 8, 2006, 02:27 AM
Jason gillespie..........

thebest
March 8, 2006, 02:35 AM

Duita karon,

1. Pasher Bashay thake

O, arekta kotha. Cholen ekta valo Bowler er khoj lagai. Bad porader list e ki keo asse?

Gillispi, Mohammad Sami, McGill

Ishtylish cricketer
April 13, 2006, 10:39 PM
Actually I think Gangully with his current form, will not be able to pull

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 12:54 AM GMT, by Fazal.

I just liked that line and edited a little bit from your post Fazal I hope you mind. lol. Because I think that's the only fact that matters to me.

mshakir56
April 13, 2006, 11:53 PM
All I can tell you is that its not an bad idea, and its certainly not a joke.

Hatebreed
April 14, 2006, 12:39 AM
lol this thread was a laugh...

we don't need Ganguly and his patheticness to baby-sit our young tigers.. we need someone more experienced like Steve Waugh who can take us forward and free from dirty politics... as a 'batting coach' that is!

GuruTM
April 14, 2006, 12:54 AM
Ganguly for BD team......

I thought this forum members are well wisher of BD team.....what an irony.

irteja
April 14, 2006, 01:23 AM
this is not possible...ganguly still hoping he will call for india team....he will never want to play for bangladesh some of the reasons are

1.his family leave in india and he got huge supporters from kolkata in his back....i he choose to play for bangladesh he will loose them for sure

2.ganguly has to wait for five years....without playing cricket 5 years ...it is heard to comeback at his age

3.i guess after 5 years bangladesh test team batting will be much better then our prersent team....ash..aftab..mushfiqur..shariar they will be more mature...so it is not easy for a batsman without cricket for five years to perform

5. he will be at stress and mental pressure being age 39....

SO HELL NO

Ishtylish cricketer
April 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
Ganguly for BD team......

I thought this forum members are well wisher of BD team.....what an irony.

And that guy in particular who posted this thread many members in this forum are saying that he is a well wisher! I don't think i quite get that part after seeing a thread like this.

sar2005
April 14, 2006, 03:36 PM
And that guy in particular who posted this thread many members in this forum are saying that he is a well wisher! I don't think i quite get that part after seeing a thread like this.

I thought to bring J. Gillespie in BD team but his bad luck. He just returned in AUS side recently.

Take it easy man.
It is not the time to recall this thread as we are going through a hot series. Will look into it again when we will have no topics in BC (as there will not many bd cricket in coming days). No worries, I promise, next kolkir ashorey ei ta e thakbey hottest agenda :-)

Frost
April 14, 2006, 06:03 PM
Very poor thread indeed! It's just an outragious proposal, even if someone propose it as a joke. We don't portray our cricket team as UAE or USA cricket teams.

thebest
April 14, 2006, 08:09 PM
This the fisrt thread that I voted. It is terrible. Thread starter take notice.
Ganguly in Bangladesh team. I oppose. There are reasons
1. I do not want an ego maniac, arrogant brat in the team. Gang is the number one in this catgory. He may be a very good captain but I am sorry to say I do not want him in any capacity in Bangladesh tea.
2. Is not he was the first man who questioned Bangaldesh test status? So why should he would play for Bangladesh just because he is Bangali? Athar, Akram, JO are toiling and commited to Bangladesh though they are not Bangali. I would take them any day over this arrogant brat.
3. Those who thinks he is omitted from Indian team because of non-cricketing reasons they are living in fools world. Check Dada's stat for the last 2-3 yrs. He played for India on his fame for the last yrs.
4. The most cricting reason, every country has some signature. For example Indians are good player of spin, aus are better player in fast and bouncy pitch. Same like we have devloped our reputation that pull and hook is are bread and butter shot of our top order. dada is the worst test batsman on those two shots. We are poor player of spin and in his hey day he was the best player of spin. So characteristicly he does not fit with us.
5 We are not UAE

cricket_pagla
April 14, 2006, 09:34 PM
i have better idea!!!..
lets put our NANNU in TENDULKAR's position..
ENAMUL SR. (MONI) for.. Harbajan
Durjoy replacin' .. Yuvuraj &....
lets the indian wall (??) Dravid step down &.. give our Farooq another chance!

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2006, 10:32 PM

yeah, gangu as batting coach and rafique as captain. taholei hoise...matha fatafati r kare bole? :D

we will have our players going to the hospital more frequently than they go to the pavillion in the second inning!

BonBon
April 14, 2006, 10:50 PM
Forget danguly. Get Tatenda Taibu..he is already playing in Dhaka.

rudro
April 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
Ganguly playing for Bangladesh..sounds like a 50 year old women in labor

DotBall
April 14, 2006, 11:59 PM
Is this tread a joke?

irteja
April 15, 2006, 12:51 AM
2. Is not he was the first man who questioned Bangaldesh test status? So why should he would play for Bangladesh just because he is Bangali? Athar, Akram, JO are toiling and commited to Bangladesh though they are not Bangali.

well said...by the way athar , akram , javed...i think we should call them bangali...why not....may be their parents once live in pakistan...but in 1971 they choose to live in bangladesh...they serve the country...can cast their vote...and their contribution in our cricket is huge...thanks guys for putting cricket in global map

Locutus
April 15, 2006, 01:00 AM
This thread is exactly what I thought it would be when I saw "How about Asking Ganguly.......?? " LOL
I don't think Ganguly wants to play for Bangladesh.

Duck
April 15, 2006, 01:09 AM
:mad:
sar2005.........this threads means that boish holei budhdhi hoina........senior member holeo valo thread post kora hoina..........With due respect to most of your previous posts, I'd like to say: this is just a crap!

Dont even think about ganguli in BD team as a batsmen!...........grrrrrrrr!!:E

syedmahm
April 15, 2006, 01:22 AM

LOL. agree

thebest
April 15, 2006, 03:32 AM
well said...by the way athar , akram , javed...i think we should call them bangali...why not....may be their parents once live in pakistan...but in 1971 they choose to live in bangladesh...they serve the country...can cast their vote...and their contribution in our cricket is huge...thanks guys for putting cricket in global map

that's the point i was making. Gang is an indian end of story. I do not want any Indian or for that matter any other nationality in my team. Personally I feel those three are more bangalee than me. They are representing us, I never represent Bangladesh to a worldwide audience.