PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Test Practice Photos

Ahmed_B
March 6, 2006, 09:03 AM
And I thought Only Bangladeshi players look that small sometimes! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ahmedb/Temporary/murali.jpg

Some more photos here... (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvsl/content/image?object=231566)

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 2:06 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

al Furqaan
March 6, 2006, 09:20 AM
how tall is tom moody?

Zunaid
March 6, 2006, 09:22 AM
6 feet 6 inches

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
how tall is tom moody?
2 inch shorter than Bruce Reid.

Sauron
March 6, 2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
how tall is tom moody?
Or, couple of feet taller than Murali

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sauron
how tall is tom moody?
Or, couple of feet taller than Murali
lol, or a feet (12 inches) short than Yao Ming (7'6").

Dhakablues
March 6, 2006, 11:49 AM
So,,, actually I was interested in seeing some Bangladeshi practice session..?

Fortuner
March 6, 2006, 12:08 PM
I dont understand why it always has to be that most Bangladeshi cricket players are short in height.....nd all other cricketers of other countries are tall..

4get Pak coz pakis are usually taller and physically strng but Indian, Sri Lanka are similar to us but most of thier players are tall enuff...ny new cricketer who come in seems to be a tall guy mostly...

In the Indian team only Sachin is short, Shewag is of medium height 5'7" or 5'8". Other than these both all are 5'10" above....

Sri Lanka, Murali is short...Malinga, Jayawarda and few are mdium in hieght but the rest are tall....

New players who come in are mstly tall...

For BD...Javed, Ashraful, Mashud, Aftab, Alok, Mushfique, etc are shrt....Tapsh is jst 5'6"......

Some ppl mock at bangaldeshi players being short:E

And think there are rarely tall ppl in Bangaldesh where as in fact its exact the same in BD, India and SL...same type people...

Jst bcoz of our cricketers being short an pysically not good, mst ppl who r new to BD think we suck:E

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 5:13 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
I dont understand why it always has to be the most Bangladeshi cricket players gonna look shorter than other coutires cricketers...
How many bangladeshi have you seen who are 6'5"+? zero
How many Indian have you seen who are 6'5"+? Plenty.
How many European have you seen who are 6'5"+? uncountable.
How many African have you seen who are 6'5"+? uncountable to the power of uncountable.

This is not even talking about the USA, Canada, or the west Indies.

Ahmed_B
March 6, 2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
So,,, actually I was interested in seeing some Bangladeshi practice session..?
What about this one? ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ahmedb/Temporary/swimming.jpg

sadi
March 6, 2006, 12:25 PM
lol....... hmmmm :o

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
how tall is tom moody?

How tall is Bruce Reid then?
- 2 inch higher than Tom Moody.

How tall are BR and TM?
- Between 2 inches of difference
:lol:

billah
March 6, 2006, 12:34 PM
In the USA, the average male height is 5'-9", female 5'-4". The mutants of NBA obviously do not represent the population. Moody, I'm sure, also does not represent the average Australian height. Murali, with that puny frame, has achieved a lot more than Moody ever did.

RazabQ
March 6, 2006, 12:53 PM
While we are at the stereotype game, Aussies in general seem to be a tall nation - most if not all the Aussies I've encountered were in around 6ft.

From Africa, Somalians have tended to be the tallest I've encountered. But average Nigerian or South African will be our heights (5-8ish).

Indians are about the same height as us on average. In the mostly vegetarian and davidru south they tend to be shorter while towards the omnivorous and arjya north they tend to be taller.

In BD, height amongst the middle class seem to be going up. I'm 5'9 and the shortest of my sibling and cousins who are all pushing 6'. Also, look at the new gen - Shahriar, Iqbal, Shahadat, Enam - they don't exactly look diminutive. Somewhere on BC we have stats on the u-19 players and most of them (mushfique excepted) are not short.

So my take? Height is a factor of genes and diet. Genes we can't do much about but diet is already playing a part. Middle class and aspiring lower class BD is evolving from a fish loving culture to a meat eating one - out of necessity (all our rivers are being sucked dry) and choice - you don't get Kentucky Fried Fish and that that is being reflected already.

Prediction - in ten years our Test side will be at least as tall on average as the Lankans and Indians.

Umar
March 6, 2006, 02:34 PM
Nice Pics ....lolz

reverse_swing
March 6, 2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/newsimg%5Cpicture_210.jpg

ডেভ ৱহিমকে- মেড ভূড়ি কি করি?

Fortuner
March 6, 2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
While we are at the stereotype game, Aussies in general seem to be a tall nation - most if not all the Aussies I've encountered were in around 6ft.

From Africa, Somalians have tended to be the tallest I've encountered. But average Nigerian or South African will be our heights (5-8ish).

Indians are about the same height as us on average. In the mostly vegetarian and davidru south they tend to be shorter while towards the omnivorous and arjya north they tend to be taller.

In BD, height amongst the middle class seem to be going up. I'm 5'9 and the shortest of my sibling and cousins who are all pushing 6'. Also, look at the new gen - Shahriar, Iqbal, Shahadat, Enam - they don't exactly look diminutive. Somewhere on BC we have stats on the u-19 players and most of them (mushfique excepted) are not short.

So my take? Height is a factor of genes and diet. Genes we can't do much about but diet is already playing a part. Middle class and aspiring lower class BD is evolving from a fish loving culture to a meat eating one - out of necessity (all our rivers are being sucked dry) and choice - you don't get Kentucky Fried Fish and that that is being reflected already.

Prediction - in ten years our Test side will be at least as tall on average as the Lankans and Indians.

Fortuner
March 6, 2006, 03:24 PM

Nice one Razbaq....appreciate wht u typed...actually i have noticed that our middle class the height is going up....and u r right i think when u said Prediction - in ten years our Test side will be at least as tall on average as the Lankans and Indians.

Actually, In BD the future generation looks to be taller and taller day by day...

Actually if u see on average the indians and sri lankan's looks taller than us where as they are infact like us in genes and diet.....Inshallah B'Deshi's on average will look taller sooner....

I m from CTG and have see than compared to other parts of BD...in CTG the people are on average of good height 5'7" or 5'8". City its like 5'9" and in Khulan also and Rajshahi also but talk about Barisal u hardly find ny1 5'10".....no offence fro barisal ppl though///

RazabQ
March 6, 2006, 05:01 PM
Well, based on anecdotal and personal experience that Chittagong folks love big everything. Big chicken for roast and big cows for qurbani. That might explain why Chittagong folks are taller. Plus the gene pool there might be a tad more "varied" for obvious reasons :)

Judge
March 7, 2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
6 feet 6 inches

Yes, like Tony Grieg.

BanglaCool
March 7, 2006, 02:40 AM
.. Plus the gene pool there might be a tad more "varied" for obvious reasons :)

Not obvious!

RazabQ
March 7, 2006, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by BanglaCool
.. Plus the gene pool there might be a tad more "varied" for obvious reasons :) Not obvious! Banglacool, think of that old saying about sailors and their promiscuous ways :)

thebest
March 7, 2006, 03:40 AM
I think diet is major factor than gene. Living in Tokyo, I could attest that I heardly saw any Japanese males under the age of 30 below 5 - 6. Most of the school kids are taller than their Grandpa already.
Now to the main topic, i enjoy the picture caption by reverse. Also wondering may be BCB is not paying Dav enough or he is too miser. All of his photograph I saw, he has no cloth on the top except of course the official one