PDA

View Full Version : Change in attitude required in Tigers and their fans!

hkooraham
March 7, 2006, 12:01 AM
Salam, Namaste !

I am writing this after a few weeks here. Something I really have to say and a thousand apologies if it comes out pretty hard at you. This has to be said, Babuji !

Looking at what Bangladeshi people say here,man, I really think it is not only the Tigers (the cricketers) but also their fans who need to change their attitudes.

See some examples:

Tigers:
1. Mash (I won't call him -ji, by popular request !) says he was happy to see the Sri Lankans upset, after the second ODI. Cricketers do not speak this kind of nonsense after a game ! No wonder DW put a gag on the players. Next time he should slap them ! If they don't know what to say, they should not talk. But they should learn to talk and talk to the media intelligently. People would like to hear Asrafuls, Sharirar Nafeeses and Aftab Ahmeds of the world.
2. Bash's timid behaviour on field, not aggressive at all.
3. Ash's silly behaviour once he gets a big score - results in a string of low scores !
4. Overall attitude of the tigers that they are minnows and one win in a while or a 'good fight' losing a match would be good for a long time.

Fans:
1. When a foreigner makes a post here, most of you look at it upside down, inside out, not taking it for what it is.
2. When constructive criticism is made by an ace cricketer/expert from another country, you sling mud at him.
3. Positive comments on Tiger cricket made by opposing players are not understood properly and taken as bad comments !
4. Celebrating when a Lankan player is hit by a Bangladeshi bowler and is wounded. This is the behaviour / attitude of animals.

These are just examples. To go on will be unpleasant.

Come on guys, think positively, yaar ! Get out of that inferiority complex !

Yeh, I'm ready for it. I know I'm gonna be burnt alive but somebody had to say this. Hope I am not thrown out of this forum but if I am, it would have been a sacrifice for a good cause.

Fazal
March 7, 2006, 12:44 AM
For every 10 positive comments there may be 1 negative comments, and you picked and choose that one and tried to generalize the whole fan base.

Now if I go to any Indian/Pakistani/SriLankan Fan club I can pick and choose a list of negitivity amoung the fans as well as within their team. Now will it be fair in my part?

Another example. Will it be fair if I steriotype all foreign fans in this website based on your behaviour in this site? Becuase for every
hkooraham, there are ten abherath. Unlike hkooraham, these abheraths' know how to behave with host fans as a foreign guest/member and bring someting new and positive for us.

Therefore my friend, first, go and try to get out of that superier complex. Then come back. Only then we can have a civil conversation like we do with abherath, Xavier, Rob and others

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 5:48 AM GMT, by Fazal.

nsd3
March 7, 2006, 12:48 AM
Good to know your analysis. Bravo!

2/3 comments should not make up a general idea of the whole group. There will be similar attitudes in different cultures all over the world, still you'll find some who are thinking in your line. Perhaps, you haven't found the second group during your few weeks' stay here. Please take it easy.

Everyone here loves to have fun in their very own way. Whether that is an animals' way or not would depend how it is looked at by others in the forum. If you think all are literaly meaning when they are celebrating an injury to SL players, that would be obnoxious. But who's gonna verify what is meant by heart during those exciting hours of play?

Positive comments should be taken positively. But the audience will have the freedom to judge if the comment was really positive or it has other inner menaings in it. As being the cricket minnows BD has faced lots of antagonism everywhere. So being critical is probably a realistic approach to consider comments (+/-) during BD's initial cricketing stage.

Also, if anyone's posts are looked at upside down, it's good as it's getting enough attention. If you are unfamiliar with all the attention here you can decide to be a passive reader, there's no bar on that, I believe.

Regarding your comments on Tigers Attitude, I feel you have the same right as us to criticise; some of those are good points! Again, please take it easy. Cheers!

al Furqaan
March 7, 2006, 01:13 AM
1) mash's comment was not wrong...look at it this way: jayawardene didn't even show up to post game shiznit to say anything! at least mash showed up. and in sports, might makes right. if folks have the authority to advocate BD getting kicked out of ICC or tests, then surely mash can say that he enjoyed the misfortune of opposition. this is a war, and mash is a soldier.

2) i agree 50-50. sometimes i am glad he's conservative, like the aussie match...had he gone for the kill we mighta bundeled em out for 180, but then again we coulda got smoked like has for 300. so 249 was good, and above all chaseable.

3) ash is another soldier. bashar is too meek, you want ash to be like that? btw, the greatest athletes are such because they blend game with trash talk. just look at the MJs, the gary paytons, the ray lewis', and the Muhammad Ali's.

4) we pretty much have this mentality already. we need to get out of it, but we have to perform first. just like ash score's 100, then he talks.

as per fans:

I am gonna say right here and now: Banglacricket fans are not perfect by any means, but comparing them, I think you will find that they are the most civil and well mannered fans out there. In fact, I am one of the more obnoxious cats here, and look at me.

1) actually not true. cafe, amit, and some others got what they deserved. ridicule for ridiculous posts. if post something outrageous the fans and mods will take proper action. i am a bangladeshi so it has nothing to do with nationality. it has to do with content of post and intent of post.

2) pigs wallow in mud all the time, so why make a fuss if you toss some more at them? and saying things like BD will only get meal allowance (BCCI) and should not play tests (ponting) is destructive, not constructive, criticism. as constructive would mean 'building up.'

3) don't really know what you are talking about here, but perhaps its the language barrier. BD is probably the worst english speaking test nation.

4) we were not celebrating the injury, but the agression displayed by shahadat. that kind of aggression is a personality trait, it is not learned or intentional. and you need aggression on the field. besides, fernando was ok and continued to play. had he been seriously injured BC members would have beaten even SL fans in condemning that.

thebest
March 7, 2006, 03:02 AM
Dear I think you are completly wrong. And how?

Tigers:
1. Mash (I won't call him -ji, by popular request !) says he was happy to see the Sri Lankans upset, after the second ODI. Cricketers do not speak this kind of nonsense after a game ! No wonder DW put a gag on the players. Next time he should slap them ! If they don't know what to say, they should not talk. But they should learn to talk and talk to the media intelligently. People would like to hear Asrafuls, Sharirar Nafeeses and Aftab Ahmeds of the world.

Is it? Did you read Bret lee's interview on independent. Or Boucher's?

We all know that. But can you tell me how he could be aggresive when you have too little to defend and one of the poorest bowling line up

3. Ash's silly behaviour once he gets a big score - results in a string of low scores !

What a contradiction. You are accusing Basar too timid and at the same time calling Ash too aggresive. At least he talks big after scoring big unlike some other like Smith who did nothing but talk big in Australia

4. Overall attitude of the tigers that they are minnows and one win in a while or a 'good fight' losing a match would be good for a long time.

Oh yes. Can you explain how come they won 8 out of last 27. Being a minnow it is a good performance I think.

Fans:
1. When a foreigner makes a post here, most of you look at it upside down, inside out, not taking it for what it is.

I did not know that. May be Abhe, Rob, Xavier, Ian could clarify this. But if it was true than Abhe would not post evry day, DJ would not have post close to 1000. Ye we are too agreesive some time to some like Cafe because they were agresive and we have to fight back.

2. When constructive criticism is made by an ace cricketer/expert from another country, you sling mud at him.

So my mother can bat better is a contructive critisism. I did not know that.

3. Positive comments on Tiger cricket made by opposing players are not understood properly and taken as bad comments !

Can you provide example. In other thread I myself defending Jaya with some others. U have to understand english is not our mother tongue and all of us are not fortunate enough to learn subtle meaning of english

4. Celebrating when a Lankan player is hit by a Bangladeshi bowler and is wounded. This is the behaviour / attitude of animals.

I would simply laugh. It is a game. We are celebrating because we are enjoying the aggresiveness of our bowler not because Fernando is injured. If he have thrown a beamer you can be sure that ths message board would have been flooded with messages condemning it. I just remember I visited Pak board/ Aus board after Shoib's beamer to Dhoni/ Lee's beamer to NZ player. Some of them were justifying the acts. None of them are ashemed.

These are just examples. To go on will be unpleasant.

Come on guys, think positively, yaar ! Get out of that inferiority complex !

Yeh, I'm ready for it. I know I'm gonna be burnt alive but somebody had to say this. Hope I am not thrown out of this forum but if I am, it would have been a sacrifice for a good cause.

Did I burnt you. I am proud to say that I am a member of this board which is the most civilised one. If you want to see how people behave behind the screen of computer visit Ausssi, indian and Pak board.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 8:05 AM GMT, by thebest.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 8:07 AM GMT, by thebest.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 8:08 AM GMT, by thebest.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 8:20 AM GMT, by thebest.

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
For every 10 positive comments there may be 1 negative comments, and you picked and choose that one and tried to generalize the whole fan base.

Now if I go to any Indian/Pakistani/SriLankan Fan club I can pick and choose a list of negitivity amoung the fans as well as within their team. Now will it be fair in my part?

Another example. Will it be fair if I steriotype all foreign fans in this website based on your behaviour in this site? Becuase for every
hkooraham, there are ten abherath. Unlike hkooraham, these abheraths' know how to behave with host fans as a foreign guest/member and bring someting new and positive for us.

Therefore my friend, first, go and try to get out of that superier complex. Then come back. Only then we can have a civil conversation like we do with abherath, Xavier, Rob and others

Well said...........:up:
I am sure if hkooraham was trying to list the possitiveness of the Fans, he could have list thousands. But he chose to go in negetive way. Some people always look for the negetives.

Meanwhile, I am taking an opportunity to congratulate abherath for his comment in another thread that many Srilankan thought before the serries that SL might loose a game in BAN. He truely conveyed the believe and thoughts of his nation. Also many other constructive post by him really was and is enjoyable to read. He is a great example of true well-wisher for tigers and BD fans.

If you can not say good, don't say bad. Rather do good by yourself and we will follow you.

Cheers!!

Baundule
March 7, 2006, 03:37 AM
Dear hkooraham, first of all thank you very much for your useful post!

I think, the previous posts have already clarified your misunderstandings. Just one point from me, about the inferiority complex: I think, you just have got the superiority complex and that makes it all to think like this. You are quite new in the forum and you will find there are people like abherath, DJ, Rob or Xavier who are able to think positively and constructively! If you can give up your big-brother attitude, you can do the same and may be even better.

I read some of your posts and found in many of them, you were trying to ridicule the BD team. Do you think, it gives extra respect to the players when you add 'ji' with their names? Do you think, SL is playing with BD only because they want to improve their ICC ranking? These were just a few to mention....

So, please do change your attitude first! You are no big brother and no bigger cricket brain only because you are coming from a bigger cricket nation! We all are here to discuss our thoughts in a civilzed way! And the main motto of the forum is to improve the BD cricket, help them when they are doing bad, enjoying when they are getting success; and not to ridicule in a shameful way!

Baundule
March 7, 2006, 06:12 AM
Some sample of the well-wisher :)

Absolutely right. A break from international cricket will never help Bangladesh. How about a premanent break from international cricket, instead ? by hkooraham

See at:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=16031#pid268495

robchd1
March 7, 2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by hkooraham
Salam, Namaste !

I am writing this after a few weeks here. Something I really have to say and a thousand apologies if it comes out pretty hard at you. This has to be said, Babuji !

its a gd thing u apologised in advanced bro "JI". cricket is a passion in bd man. why u bringin this down in the wrong way? some ppl here are bit sensetive abt ppl lookin down on bd team. sometimes they misunderstand..and YES there is the inferioty complex since bd is new in the game. isnt tht normal??

the way u post ur comments my frnd JI sometimes tests my temper but then after i think abt it.. i dont think u have anything better to do in life but be pessimistic abt things outside ur tiny world. i followed ppl commenting logically to ur earlier posts but this one bro JI .. u just reached ur limit tht even i couldnt help but throwing my anger!

hope to see a more logical attitude from ur end brother JI..

and ya.. just being curious. where r u from?

cheers
rob

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 11:26 AM GMT, by robchd1.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 11:27 AM GMT, by robchd1.

prasad
March 7, 2006, 07:03 AM
wtas this with this ji thing?

Shafin
March 7, 2006, 07:35 AM
হুক্কা রাম জি 'জি' 'জি' করতে ভালবাসেন,তিনি 'আজ্ঞে' শব্দটাকে পছন্দ করেন না।

কেউ কিছু মনে করবেন না,ছাগলজি আর পাগলজিদের মুখের কোন লাগাম নেই!

ব্যাটা তোরে কাছে পাইলে মুখ দিয়া বাবুজির বদলে বাবাজি কওয়াইতাম।:E
মাইরের নাম বাবাজি।

Spitfire_x86
March 7, 2006, 08:44 AM
Don't feed the *delete*. *delete*s only die from starvation.

Let this thread die.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 12:46 PM GMT, by RazabQ.
Reason: mod.action - no point in name calling. People know what you are trying to say anyway :)

Mr-khan
March 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
Change in attitude required in Tigers and their fans!
Chorer maer boro Gola.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 2:50 PM GMT, by Mr-khan.

Fortuner
March 7, 2006, 09:53 AM
Hkooraham....

The way u type things itslef shows to me(its my opinion) that u r showing superiority complex here....

I dont mean to be rude...i am saying wht i feel...

Well, i would like u to check some Indian cricket forums and see some of the ppl's attitude over there and now r u gonna take some of the negatives out of there and make a big issue...u wont...why wldnt u? It is coz they ur fellow indians or u dont care bout them...

I want to say u only that u cant make a big issue out of some negative comments....it will be stereotype kinda thing maaan...

Sorry, if u felt bad but my intention wsnt at all to make u feel bad....okies..dude..cheerzzz..

Fortuner
March 7, 2006, 09:55 AM

Very Very Well said...

A best response....:up:

Keep it up dude.....:)

Sauron
March 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by hkooraham

You contradicted yourself there.

Anywayz, I agree with your points on the players, albeit in gentler and kinder terms.

But on your points about the fans - quit whining and suck it up.

Shafin
March 7, 2006, 12:37 PM
I just posted on trolls and how to deal with them here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=10997)

Fazal
March 7, 2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
I just posted on trolls and how to deal with them here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=10997)

Guess what I hit the link.... and start wondering is VadMamu and Shark_fin genetically related?

esteban_loaiza
March 7, 2006, 01:39 PM
Bowling bouncer and hit the batsman is a part of game. Cricket players know that. If you ever had played cricket seriously you would know that. If you can complement a nice shot or a piece of good fielding or bowling, then bouncer and hitting a batsman can be complemented.

Ishtylish cricketer
March 7, 2006, 01:57 PM
[i]

So, please do change your attitude first! You are no big brother and no bigger cricket brain only because you are coming from a bigger cricket nation! We all are here to discuss our thoughts in a civilzed way! And the main motto of the forum is to improve the BD cricket, help them when they are doing bad, enjoying when they are getting success; and not to ridicule in a shameful way!

Yes that is the problem with all the other countries fans. But we have beaten 5 test playing nations already. 4 more to go. I remember Mark Richardson was bashing Bangladesh but as far as I know it took New zeland 24 years to win a test series... talk about constructive criticism... well i think it's a mental trap to keep the BD players down. Frankly speaking I think the players should be fined for ridiculing other countries players and making those "constructive criticism" . The ponting comment definitely stands out. Also what India is doing delaying the test series at India i have no idea but problem is cricket's business structure is very poorly organized and ICC cannot do anything to India; even worst are the conduct detrimental laws. It's a joke!
In this forum we welcome everyone but if you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything bad infact WHY WOULD YOU BE HERE IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT BD? I read the other comment that you posted about taking a permanent break. I THINK THE MOD SHOULD just... not going to lower myself to you. IF YOU THINK WE ARE BAD THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE??? IT IS EVIDENT FROM THE SITE'S OUTLOOK THAT THIS SITE IS FOR TIGERS FANS ONLY... I mean we might not all speak english (well I can name many players a country not to distant from ours... and their players don't speak english well either) point is since you do and you are at least smart enough to logically decide that this site is BD fans only. I don't know man this isn't too complicated! I AM JUST SURPRISED THAT YOU WHO CLAIM TO THINK RATHER INTELLIGENTLY (BUT YOUR COMMENTS SEEM TO DISPROVE THAT) DID NOT REALIZE THAT.

Sorry
March 7, 2006, 02:24 PM
1971 e tikka khan bolechilo shobar musolmani kora lagbe (including hindu) are ekhon ei beta bole attitude change kora lagbe…… amra ki guinea pig naki?

Shaan
March 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
Mr. hkooraham to your remarks you made about people here and bd tigers I found very idiotic and nonsense cricket minded. If you are realy damn smart you wouldn't write this kind of comment at this forum.

->Firstable cricket is a game of competetion, and its very obvious that one team enjoy its rivals upset in the game.. so Mashrafee was very much of his competetive attitude.. and he expressed it, so there was nothing wrong. Man you are the first indian I found here who is really silly and thinks himself somekind wise and knowledge machine which obviously reverse. I've got lots of Indian friends with whom we play cricket leage in Finlad and share lots of views about our crciket culture in our country. I never heard from any of them such kind of comments like you make.

-> Man I don't think any fan of any nation will like a small criticism of their players and teams,, just think about your team if somone from bd or pak cricticise in some indian forum.. I don't think that they are gonna award him with golden medel instead they would kick his butt. So we r more tolerance here that still this forum allow you to make your silly and misjudgable comments.

-> our palyers are still the most gentle and calm palyer in the world cricket arena compares with others. What the hack you say about Mashrafee just look kumble or Harbajan if they get hit they look at the batsman like they are gonna kill the batsman or even pass rude coments. Even its became very common that Irfan pathan get bad temper with md. Yousuf every now and then.. So do you think this are very decent manner.

->well if you think you are a constructive think tank then go to your own forum and obly them there not here. This is fans forum not your nagging mini world.

->Just open your eyes and heart then welcome back here.

Spitfire_x86
March 7, 2006, 09:58 PM
Guess what I hit the link.... and start wondering is VadMamu and Shark_fin genetically related?
No, no. Vladmamu is not a troll.

Here's Troll (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm) and here's Bong (VladMamu) (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bong.htm)

hkooraham
March 8, 2006, 05:06 AM
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/troller.jpg

:)

Thanks a lot buddies for all what you have written here. I am entitled to my opinion and you to yours.

Those who spoke about Trolls and their Mommas, they did not want to face the harsh truth !

And about my superiority complex, may be I'm really superior in some ways, think about it., but I don't want to rub it in.

As for being in this forum, yes i'll stay put here. Of course I'll respect the rules while being very open..

You guys have been very aggressive here.... That is what Bashar should be on field. (Off field the tigers should be gentlemen..If Mash goes about talking like that off field, someday he'll end up like a 'Mash'ed potatoe.) :fire:

Also you guys got pretty upset because somebody hit the nail on the head. In spite of what you've written, it would have got you to do some soul searching as well. That was my intention.

Oh...and thanks guys for not burning me alive !

Edited on, March 8, 2006, 10:10 AM GMT, by hkooraham.

Shafin
March 8, 2006, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Shark_fin

<table bgcolor="#CCCC99" border="0" width="100%" id="table1"> <tr> <td> That is not written by me,the name of the author was clearly stated there,i only posted it here </td> </tr> </table>