PDA

View Full Version : A good result against Australia?

battye
March 7, 2006, 07:11 AM
What sort of result would all of you be happy with against Australia?

I think Bangladesh could pull off an upset in the one dayers. We know they are capable, after beating Australia last year in England, and they will also have home ground advantage this time around :)

Shafin
March 7, 2006, 07:27 AM
3-0 for Aus in ODI
2-0 in test
Thats the reality. :(

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by battye

I would be happy if BAN can beat AUS 3-0 in oneday and 1-0 in test ;)

Alright, probably you wanted to ask -
What sort of realistic result would all of you be happy with against Australia?

ODI - Good fight and probably one very close game so that aussies really feel the pressure.

Test - Take one game on 4th day and another to 5th. Though I think BD is going to draw their first test against AUS due to bad weather in April
:lol:

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 12:45 PM GMT, by sar2005.

battye
March 7, 2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by sar2005

I would be happy if BAN can beat AUS 3-0 in oneday and 1-0 in test ;)

Alright, probably you wanted to ask -
What sort of realistic result would all of you be happy with against Australia?

ODI - Good fight and probably one very close game so that aussies really feel the pressure.

Test - Take one game on 4th day and another to 5th. Though I think BD is going to draw their first test against AUS due to bad weather in April

Yeah, realistic result :P

If BD could draw take a Test to day 5 and draw it, I think that would be a huge achievement

Rabz
March 7, 2006, 08:19 AM
anything short of a massive defeat would be great.

mind u, the aussies wont be coming here in a happy mode after their South Africa tour. the way things r going over there right now, Im scared they r gonna pest us down just to prove who's the boss. and who better to do that than against BD.

Also Ponting would be feeling a personal crusade to back up his own statement he made few weeks back. He got a slap in the face from his own Cricket Board when the CA came up with a statement in support of BD cricket development right after the very next day he made those comments.

Realisticly, its a white wash in either forms.
Anything less , or even a close encounter with the world beaters would be a bonus.

Lets just wait n see what happens.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 1:20 PM GMT, by Sydney.
Reason: typo

Hasib
March 7, 2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by sar2005

Though I think BD is going to draw their first test against AUS due to bad weather in April

Ah yes bad weather...i forgot about that lol...

Well its so obvious it will be 3-0 in the ODIs...

In the test I will be happy with draws

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, realistic result :P

If BD could draw take a Test to day 5 and draw it, I think that would be a huge achievement
Sorry batteye, that is not realistic.

The way Australia attacks (they don't know how to play defensive cricket) it would be over within 3 days. BD batting is still bad. The pitch should be dead pitch with lots of crack (1st Day). That's the only way we can hope make the game a close one. Then again that Warne guy should be dropped from the team to make the match competitive.

Fortuner
March 7, 2006, 09:58 AM
1 win in ODI..and rem 2 very good fight and in test...take the game till 5th day and i will b happy wid one draw...

Over all everygame they have to play like do or die..coz if so..1 win is sure..in ODI

Baundule
March 7, 2006, 10:37 AM
200 plus scores in all the ODIs.
600+ runs in each of the tests.

And fighting attitude.

Fazal
March 7, 2006, 01:11 PM

It depends !

It depends on: who will be playing for Bangladesh and who will be playing for Australia?

Until then I will withhold my prediction.

Sauron
March 7, 2006, 01:34 PM
1 ODI win, i.e. 2-1 series loss
1 Test draw and taking the other test to 4th day, i.e. 1-0 series loss.

This result is not unrealistic and I'd be ecstatic if that happens. Not hopeful though.

Arnab
March 7, 2006, 01:43 PM
Batting:

150+ and 50 overs in all ODIs.

Two 350+ scores in Tests. Two centuries/near-centuries.

Bowling:

Restrict Aus below 400 in the first innings of Tests.

shovon13
March 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
i dont understand the goal of playing full 50 overs in an odi. what purpose does that achieve? i thought those days were behind us.
do we consider scoring 150 from 50 overs a better performance than scoring the same amount from 35 overs?

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 7:34 PM GMT, by shovon13.

ASA
March 7, 2006, 02:52 PM
গাছে কাঠাল্ গোঁফে তেল হয়ে গেল না?

let this and the kenya series be over ...

Fazal
March 7, 2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by shovon13
i dont understand the goal of playing full 50 overs in an odi. what purpose does that achieve? i thought those days were behind us.

Me too...

Which one ios better 150 runs in 50m overs or
170 all out in 34 overs?

Arnab
March 7, 2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Which one ios better 150 runs in 50m overs or
170 all out in 34 overs?

If somehow the opponents get all out at 149 on a bowling wicket, I would prefer BD to score 150 runs in 50 overs.

If it is a batting wicket and BD bats first, 170 all out in 34 overs clearly won't cut it.

Fazal
March 7, 2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
If somehow the opponents get all out at 149 on a bowling wicket, I would prefer BD to score 150 runs in 50 overs.

True. However, in that case a score of 170 is irrelevant. As no one ... not even Australia can score 170 chasing a score of 149. The game would be long over. :lol:

Originally posted by Arnab
If it is a batting wicket and BD bats first, 170 all out in 34 overs clearly won't cut it.

True. However fail to understand how a score of 150 in 50 overs help in this case.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 8:16 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Flipper
March 7, 2006, 03:28 PM
ODI's: BD loses 2-1.
(after wining the first ODI, BD lose comprehensively in the 2nd one, and then also lose the 3rd ODI as they come short of the experience factor)

Test: BD lose 2-0.
(BD fight like Bagher Bacha!)

One step at a time!

Hatebreed
March 7, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'd love to see BD beat Aus again in an ODI... as for test, I'm hoping for drawing a match and close competition in other (i.e. not lose the match on 3rd day by an innings)

pagol-chagol
March 7, 2006, 03:51 PM
I'll call it a good series if we can get Hussey out once.

Arnab
March 7, 2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

True. However, in that case a score of 170 is irrelevant. As no one ... not even Australia can score 170 chasing a score of 149. The game would be long over. :lol:

True. However fail to understand how a score of 150 in 50 overs help in this case.

Which is why your original post is so ripe for playing the devil's advocate.

Arnab
March 7, 2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
I'll call it a good series if we can get Hussey out once.

Good point. Hussey could reach averages of 100+ for both ODI and Tests by the end of the tour.

sufism
March 7, 2006, 04:18 PM
I see no hope against Aussies. there is no way we could pull of an upset. All i could think of is massive defeats in all of the matches.

Navarene
March 7, 2006, 04:27 PM
A good result against Australia depends on how much biased are the umpires towards the world champ.

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 04:42 PM
After watching the AUSSIES tumble for 93 against the Proteas, I am hopeful that Bangladesh will pull up some good result against them. The Aussies are now in thier decend and for the first time in several years, we actually see them panic. So anything is possible, even a test victory for Bangladesh. I just have my fingers crossed that we have our full strenght team espacially Mashrafee, Ashraful & Rafiq fit for the test and the rest of the bunch in reasonalbe form.

We have already beaten the Aussies in ODI, so another victory would be like "Whats new??" :P. I personally hope & pray for a test victory and if not at least a test genuinely drawn (Like the first test against the WI in 2004). Remember that match?

"Bangladesh have taken the most significant step yet in their coming-of-age as a Test nation, as the West Indian bowlers were first beaten back and then brushed aside on the final day in St Lucia. Their hero was Khaled Mashud - also known as Pilot - who steered Bangladesh to safety and beyond with his maiden Test century..... - Crickinfo Bulitin "

According to expert commentators unanimous opinion, we have the best 21 year old cricketer in the world Ashraful, one of the top three wicket-keepers Pilot, World Class Bowlers Mashrafee & Rafiq, World Class Batsmen Shumon, Gullu, Aftab. These pro's along with new faces like Mushfiq Rahim, the 2 Nafis's, Rajib (Who bowled impressively against SL in the first test) we can expect good result.

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 04:48 PM
Those who want to recap the BD-WI 1st test:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/139193.html

Nasif
March 7, 2006, 04:48 PM
BD wins 2 test and 3 ODI, aus gets whitewashed; BD becomes new king of the world cricket.

Dreams are good:yawn:

FaridpurChicago
March 7, 2006, 04:50 PM
Until current series, Our record against Australia is way better than those against SL. We played lot better on Aus soil than on SL soil. SL turned out to be a big insult against us until last month. We won an ODI against SL. We were only 20 runs behind after the first innings of the first test.
Considering the SL current series and previous records; making a proportion against Aus for forthcoming series and previous records, it's an auto calculation that BD will win atleast 1 ODI and take one test to its 5th day. You don't need to be optimistic to think like that. It's realistic thought I believe.
Are you thinking SL without full strength ? So do Aus without McGrath. Moreover we got psychological advantage. Don't we ???