PDA

View Full Version : Kenya-Bangladesh Live Video Stream

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I live in Dhaka and currently I am considering streaming live video of the upcoming Bangladesh-Kenya series:joy:. However, the Bandwidth cost is extremely high in Bangladesh and coupled with the royalty to be paid to BCCB and BTV the total cost will be pretty high :fire:.

I would like to get an idea about the market demand at a rate of about $20 for the four match ODI series.

Your comments on this will be highly appreciated.

Take care.

Zakir Chowdhury

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 5:33 PM GMT, by zakirc.
Reason: Mistake in details

sadi
March 7, 2006, 09:45 AM
do you really need to pay royalty in bangladesh?:P

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 09:51 AM
So basically you are thinking from a business perspective.

If you are interested in helping us out in live streaming (whic will be free for everyone) then please visit this thread

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=16457

Thanks.

BDshardul
March 7, 2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by zakirc
Hi,

I live in Dhaka and currently I am considering streaming live video of the upcoming Bangladesh-Kenya series:joy:. However, the Bandwidth cost is extremely high in Bangladesh and coupled with the royalty to be paid to BCCB and BTV the total cost will be pretty high :fire:.

I would like to get an idea about the market demand at a rate of about $20 for ODI and $20 for test series (Package maybe $32).

Your comments on this will be highly appreciated.

Take care.

Zakir Chowdhury

Valo! Valo!

$20 for test series

Test series with kenya. ho ho ho ho ho!

not right now. might be after 5-7 years.

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 10:04 AM
Bhai, etoboro bebshar chinta na koira sherlockhomes er dekhano highcourt ta abar dekhen. Kotojon nirolosh chesta kortasse BC te khelata dekhanor jonno. Eke bare magna jodi dekhate na paren, taile 1/2 dollar nen, BOHUT FAIDA HOBE!

Aar BDshardul er kotha moto test serries ta apatoto bondho rakhen.....ei dhoren giya 5-7 bossor. BOHUT FAIDA HOBE!!

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by sadi
do you really need to pay royalty in bangladesh?:P
I am hearing for the first time also. May be it's "ghush" for something else. Electric lineman (uninterrupted - no loadsheding)

Fazal
March 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
Ya every thing cost money now days in bangladesh. Now if you guys think $20 for ODI is too high, I have another solution for you guys:

I can update live update (scores) to you guys through U2u... for every 5 mins. This is also not free. $1 for the whole ODI series.

The transmisstion is free (thanks to all) but I need Caffaine filled cold drinks and chips and munchies to keep me awake the whole night....plus I may have to enroll into unemplyment insurance (in case I loose my job in the process while sleeping at work).... plus I may need to spend some money in finger therapy after the series.

Let me know how many people are interested....

ops chinaman ailoo...

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 4:12 PM GMT, by Fazal.

prasad
March 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
rotfl:D:D

Cricket46
March 7, 2006, 11:16 AM
That is funny!

sadi
March 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
tbs funny

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
I can update live update (scores) to you guys through U2u... for every 5 mins. This is also not free. $1 for the whole ODI series.

The transmisstion is free (thanks to all) but I need Caffaine filled cold drinks and chips and munchies to keep me awake the whole night....plus I may have to enroll into unemplyment insurance (in case I loose my job in the process while sleeping at work).... plus I may need to spend some money in finger therapy after the series.

Let me know how many people are interested....

ops chinaman ailoo...

I am a true Bangali/Bangladeshi. I want to taste a sample of it before I pay money for the real deal. BD-SL 1st day live u2u update should be fine. If satisfied I am willing to pay a bit more. Say i'll double your payment and pay for the 1st day BD-SL match.

Sample is a must. I don't trust anyone when money is involved. What if you start giving me false updates?

Faceoff
March 7, 2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
I am a true Bangali/Bangladeshi. I want to taste a sample of it before I pay money for the real deal. BD-SL 1st day live u2u update should be fine. If satisfied I am willing to pay a bit more. Say i'll double your payment and pay for the 1st day BD-SL match.

Sample is a must. I don't trust anyone when money is involved. What if you start giving me false updates?

Be careful when u ask for sample and remember the experience with dilma. you won't be able to judge their service unless you can see if they can handle load balancing in a live broadcast.

IMO, if you pay for this particular service then you will have to almost treat it as if its free !!!

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks everyone for the support shown :great:

Most people wud think there is no need to pay royalty to BTV. However, the proposed live stream will contain thier logo and audio. And these days copyright violations have become one of the favourite topics of Entertainment Reporters in Bangladesh. As for BCCB, they are now a more professional body with qualified people working as commercial manager, operations manager etc. So they might cause problems too. On top of all, I am not your typical dhandabaz type (Maybe a smart dhandabaz), who will go and try to fix everything by bribing.

Anyway, I always prefer to be safe than sorry and if i get involved in this live streaming, be sure that I will have the necessary permission from BCCB and BTV.

Regarding the mention of test series, sorry for the mistake. I wasn't paying enough attention.

joybangladesh
March 7, 2006, 01:38 PM
Mr zakir choudhury,
i am personally willing to pay $20 for the series, but you wont be able to provide me with any gurantee that my money wont go to waste and that you are for real. if you take the money after the series, or let me pay through paypal or through some other valid way - yes i am ready to pay the $20.

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by joybangladesh
Mr zakir choudhury,
i am personally willing to pay $20 for the series, but you wont be able to provide me with any gurantee that my money wont go to waste and that you are for real. if you take the money after the series, or let me pay through paypal or through some other valid way - yes i am ready to pay the $20.

Hello Joy Bangladesh,

Thanks for the response. I am currently having talks with DilmaTV trying to figure out a way to make this happen. It would be a great halp if forum members email them requesting for this series.

Cheers,

Zakir

sadi
March 7, 2006, 04:35 PM
I am not sure our members would do that... we have real bad experience with dilmatv....

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 04:52 PM
Well ... at this moment they are about the only hope for a live broadcast of this series. Remember, it begins 17 march .. so no time for a new setup.

From my end, I can ensure you that I always value quality over price. So I will not try to save some bux and relay poor quality video. If DilmaTV's bandwidth-per-user is low, thats beyond my control.

Faceoff
March 7, 2006, 04:54 PM
why don't u try doing it in sopcast, if the quality is good enough then we will open up a donation box to cover your cost.

cracky
March 7, 2006, 05:29 PM
I can also pay $20, if the quality is good.

moinkhan
March 7, 2006, 07:19 PM
Has there been any confirmation that BTV will broadcast the matches?

SMHasan
March 7, 2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Faceoff
why don't u try doing it in sopcast, if the quality is good enough then we will open up a donation box to cover your cost.

Sopcast-this is where myself and few people from banglacriket are working to provide the live streaming. We are looking for someone who is from bangladesh and who can provide live feed from there.

Therefore Zakir bhai, can you help us regarding this matter? If the quality is descet then we can open up a donation box where people will donate.I believe people will do.

You never know this might be a new door for you as lot of tours will be missed by the tv channels where bd will be playing and you can broadcast those matches in exchange of money using the reputation built on this kenya series.

Looking for a reply.Thanks.

Faceoff
March 7, 2006, 07:48 PM
This buisness like any other grows on reputation ;)

ammark
March 7, 2006, 07:58 PM
i'd be concerned about quality. can anyone in BD be able to give a constant MINIMUM 120kbps upstream at an economical price? I'd rather someone in hong kong, or even bangalore leech off a tv stream and relay it over their optic fibre pipeline!!

So sad that our GOB had to muck up plans for the coxs bazar-ctg fibreoptic line! Otherwise I'm sure it can be a feasible business model.

And [dont hate me] but frankly I've become used to the free winamp streams of Indian & Pakistani ODI and test matches, as well as sopcast broadcasts of the recent WI v NZ. Even the torrents for the VB series is out. With all this coming free, I really dont feel any obligation to watch anything that I'm not paying for. I'm satisfied knowing that its there. whereas for $20 I think I'd have a nagging feeling in my mind that I should watch the whole of whatever I pay for, and get my money's worth

--- All this is just my opinion. No offense intended to anyone

Edited on, March 8, 2006, 12:59 AM GMT, by ammark.

Hatebreed
March 7, 2006, 08:27 PM
hmmm I can smell a dilmatv sales representative in disguise... :drool:

cricketboy
March 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
Will there be audio in Paltak? I hope so incase we dont get any video.(free video).

zakirc
March 7, 2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks Sharlockholms, Faceoff and the rest. I would be very happy to work free for streaming these videos. Only problem is the cost of bandwidth in BD is about US$ 1250 for good quality 256k dedicated connection and 512k will be at least $2000 (there are many companies offereing same bandwidth at half this estimate but thier quality is very poor with lots of flactuations and breaks).

If the streaming is done free of cost, the royalty isue will not come up. However, there will still be some out-of-pocket expense to keep things on low tone.

Unfortunately, I am not rich enough to cover this expense. If you can get 2000 viewers each donating $1.00 this thing can work. I suggested $20 presuming 100 users. Of course for 2000 viewers, you will have to provide a super fast video server too.

zakirc
March 8, 2006, 05:44 AM
NewsFlash: :cool:

Just came back from BCB and they said that today ESPN confirmed that they are going to telecast BD Vs. Kenya series. I wonder if you guys will be able to watch it from USA.:info:

sadi
March 8, 2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by zakirc
Thanks Sharlockholms, Faceoff and the rest. I would be very happy to work free for streaming these videos. Only problem is the cost of bandwidth in BD is about US$ 1250 for good quality 256k dedicated connection and 512k will be at least $2000 (there are many companies offereing same bandwidth at half this estimate but thier quality is very poor with lots of flactuations and breaks).

If the streaming is done free of cost, the royalty isue will not come up. However, there will still be some out-of-pocket expense to keep things on low tone.

Unfortunately, I am not rich enough to cover this expense. If you can get 2000 viewers each donating $1.00 this thing can work. I suggested $20 presuming 100 users. Of course for 2000 viewers, you will have to provide a super fast video server too.

$1250 for 256k?? lol :lol:

nayef
March 8, 2006, 10:04 AM
the internet pricing seems outrageous!! :mad: $1250 for a month or lifetime?

i'd be inclined to agree with ammark on this issue, but at the same time, I'm willing to pay to watch BD play.

there r websites like sportingstreams who are streaming direct vdo from sky sports and doing business in a fluent manner. i dont think they r paying royalty to anyone for showing those games. the only thing that they have to make sure is that no other site is "officially" authorized to show these games. in our case, i'm 100% sure this series is not copyrighted by anyone else, so why not try to work on sopcast for free?

if someone starts streaming it from bd, i'm sure we'll get a huge amount of users and so there shouldn't be too much of a problem with the speed of transmission.

also, we (includes me) have a tendency to sit and wait for others to pay and suffer b4 we buy into such ideas :lol: .. so at this point, i doubt u will get enough show of support with ur $20 deal!

BanglaCool
March 8, 2006, 10:19 AM
:down:
No deal!

prasad
March 8, 2006, 10:21 AM
if its on espn,and if no one is willing to post the hilites, iwill.

zakirc
March 8, 2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by nayef
the internet pricing seems outrageous!! :mad: $1250 for a month or lifetime?

i'd be inclined to agree with ammark on this issue, but at the same time, I'm willing to pay to watch BD play.

there r websites like sportingstreams who are streaming direct vdo from sky sports and doing business in a fluent manner. i dont think they r paying royalty to anyone for showing those games. the only thing that they have to make sure is that no other site is "officially" authorized to show these games. in our case, i'm 100% sure this series is not copyrighted by anyone else, so why not try to work on sopcast for free?

if someone starts streaming it from bd, i'm sure we'll get a huge amount of users and so there shouldn't be too much of a problem with the speed of transmission.

also, we (includes me) have a tendency to sit and wait for others to pay and suffer b4 we buy into such ideas :lol: .. so at this point, i doubt u will get enough show of support with ur $20 deal!

Believe it or not the rate I mentioned is correct. Sitting in Newyork and Canada I know it will sound outrageous but we actually still have to use VSAT (A very expensive technology) for our bandwidth and the govt. charges a huge amount on each ISP. By the way, 256k Shared B/W is available at as low as US$ 220/250 but shared bandwidth is never recommended for video stream.

nayef
March 8, 2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by prasad

u r the man! :joy:

sadi
March 8, 2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by nayef

u r the man! :joy:

Nice.... thanks :up:

Faceoff
March 8, 2006, 10:32 AM
prasad,

what kind of bandwidth do u have ?

prasad
March 8, 2006, 10:42 AM
upload 128.but dont have unlimited net cnxn.2gb datacap per month.but i get free unlimited hrs from night 2:00 to 8:00.i'll upload the videos in divx format then.i can upload upto 200MB in that time frame.

SMHasan
March 8, 2006, 10:42 AM

You r always helpfull bro.thanks.

Faceoff
March 8, 2006, 10:44 AM
upload 128.but dont have unlimited net cnxn.2gb datacap per month.but i get free unlimited hrs from night 2:00 to 8:00.i'll upload the videos in divx format then.i can upload upto 200MB in that time frame.

awesome bro. I think BC should appoint you as the Highlights Manager. Thanks. :up:

SMHasan
March 8, 2006, 10:46 AM

what happens if u exceed the usage limit?Will the isp do anything to punish u or will they charge u for the specific month?

prasad
March 8, 2006, 10:47 AM
not full time.if no one else is doing i will definitely upload it.:)

prasad
March 8, 2006, 10:48 AM
its 1 rupee per MB and the usual service tax:o

SMHasan
March 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
Prasad,

lets assume that u will do the live streaming for 5 one dayers against kenya and you exceeded the usage limit of ..lets say 3GB then you have pay around 3500 rupees as penalty.isnt it?

what happens if we pay u the money for the penalty?
PLease reply.

Edited on, March 8, 2006, 3:56 PM GMT, by sherlockhomes.

prasad
March 8, 2006, 11:10 AM
no no no,sorry boss.money making through streaming in not even in a corner of my mind.the max i can do is upload the hilites.everything is free.

SMHasan
March 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
I am not saying to make money frm streaming , what i am requesting to do us a great favour and if u face any penalty then we r ready to give the required money.Thats it.

Money isnt the big issue here prasad.Its about helping us out. We dont want any damage of u!Thats why i told to pay for the penalty.
Trus me.

prasad
March 8, 2006, 11:22 AM
no man,my bw is not sufficent enuff to do this streaming.anyway i dont have that much time. i am extremely sorry in this regard.but i can assure u if no one else is posting the hilites i will do it.thats a promise.i am a bad fan.after wi,eng and ind.bd is my fav team.

SMHasan
March 8, 2006, 11:33 AM
no man,my bw is not sufficent enuff to do this streaming.anyway i dont have that much time. i am extremely sorry in this regard.but i can assure u if no one else is posting the hilites i will do it.thats a promise.i am a bad fan.after wi,eng and ind.bd is my fav team.

Actually i expected too much but dont worry lets see what i can do with my solo effort.

prasad
March 8, 2006, 11:48 AM
i am xtremely sorry man,i wud have helped if i could.

shamster
March 8, 2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Hatebreed
hmmm I can smell a dilmatv sales representative in disguise... :drool: me too !!

CricTiger
March 8, 2006, 07:12 PM
Same shi @@@@ different day

mshakir56
March 8, 2006, 08:25 PM
so do we have a deal now, as to how we gono get the live feed or highlight atleast?

Faceoff
March 8, 2006, 08:27 PM
prasad,

any chance of getting the 2nd test highlights?

SMHasan
March 9, 2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Faceoff
prasad,

any chance of getting the 2nd test highlights?

prasad

pls post the highlites man. You r the man.