PDA

View Full Version : Rahim has a chance

Ajfar
March 8, 2006, 12:14 PM
M. Rahim has a great chance this time.... if he scores a century in the 2nd innings he will be able to break asraful's record!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also that will be the message of his arrival to the cricket world...... the question is can he do it??????????

FaridpurChicago
March 8, 2006, 12:21 PM
The way he batted 17 balls yesterday, he can't do it. He wasn't at all comfortable approaching Murali.

Ehsan
March 8, 2006, 12:27 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim, just 17 and fresh-faced, given some gentle bullying from a cupped-gloved Kumar Sangakkara behind the stumps, was outwitted by Muralitharan's doosra and trapped lbw early.

You don't freaking bully a 17 years old. Such a shame! Lankans are losing the respect I had for them.

sar2005
March 8, 2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Ehsan

Mushfiqur Rahim, just 17 and fresh-faced, given some gentle bullying from a cupped-gloved Kumar Sangakkara behind the stumps, was outwitted by Muralitharan's doosra and trapped lbw early.

You don't freaking bully a 17 years old. Such a shame! Lankans are losing the respect I had for them.

Come on Man, these guys are fully professinal. They don't care who is 17 or 37. But personally I would definitely not do that to this kid.

By the way, what exactly KS said or did? Has anybody noticed while watching the game?

Umar
March 8, 2006, 12:54 PM
All this Crap...! M.Rahim is Nerous,,,,Because Ppl are having Great Expectations on him ! I think thats why he is nervous. and its Obvious for such a Young Player .

TheWatcher
March 8, 2006, 12:56 PM
Sanga's comments-

"Just give him a bat fellas"

"Not a whole lot of runs in the debut match"

See nothing wrong here. To his opposition, Mushfiq is a Test cricketer, and they will treat him so.

Fortuner
March 8, 2006, 01:02 PM
Rahim is not at all good at playing spin.

I've read it somewhere and its true infact.

I feel they should make him bat in 2down....

LateCut
March 8, 2006, 01:22 PM
I said it again and say it now. He is not yet ready. Let him enjoy and mature in the junior level for a little while longer.

TheWatcher
March 8, 2006, 01:55 PM
True, Mushfiq was very unconvincing against Lankan spin attack, but, for God's sake, this was the first time he faced a world class spinner. You can't expect everyone to be a wonderboy like Ashraful and to pick on Murali right from the beginning.

sadi
March 8, 2006, 02:18 PM
no comment till I see him bat in the second innings

oracle
March 8, 2006, 02:19 PM
It's entirely the selectors fault for taking a populist decision.
Even if he is the most mature 17 year old, Mushfiq should be in the team changing room having a glass of milk and some biscuits. Could'nt they wait at least a year. In other countries even 26 year olds wait in line at the dressing room- such as Lou Vincent or Martyn.

Edited on, March 8, 2006, 7:20 PM GMT, by oracle.

RazabQ
March 8, 2006, 02:28 PM
Well the way some BC members were screaming savior and insisting he be played I started thinking Mushfiq indeed could walk on water.

pagol-chagol
March 8, 2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
True, Mushfiq was very unconvincing against Lankan spin attack, but, for God's sake, this was the first time he faced a world class spinner.

True. We didn't know that he is so weak against spin. I wonder why the selectors didn't think of that.

RazabQ
March 8, 2006, 03:03 PM
How many of BC's "play Rahim now" camp knew that? I am sorry if I seem to be floggin a dead horse but we fans need to get out the mindset of falling in love with every teenager who does well at age-level contests.

sonarbangla
March 8, 2006, 04:29 PM
:down: rahim doesn't seems to be capable of playing for the national team yet to me. however.. atleast he tried.. :bravo: but next time better not pick him until he gets more mature..

sonarbangla
March 8, 2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by FaridpurChicago
The way he batted 17 balls yesterday, he can't do it. He wasn't at all comfortable approaching Murali.

:yawn: yo bro, where did u watch the game anyways? as far as i know all the servers were down..

Bat-PadTogether
March 8, 2006, 05:01 PM
Lets see how he bats in the "2nd Innings! I have seen some of his Innings on tapes.This boy has a solid defense and plays very straight with Bat&PadTogether.Good luck peachy!!!

Flipper
March 8, 2006, 05:18 PM
It's really sad to see how some of us are showing up with our typical knee jerk reaction so soon.

al Furqaan
March 8, 2006, 05:35 PM
it was just on innings...and he may be weak against spin because he made everyone run for the bathroom with his batting against quicks at Lords

sadi
March 8, 2006, 05:42 PM
atleast we got someone who is comfortable against quicks..... better than nothing.... but I do feel like he will come back strongly in the second innings.... we shouldn't jump into any conclusion just yet.....

shamster
March 8, 2006, 06:21 PM
Rahim will come good do not worry the kid is class,

RazabQ
March 8, 2006, 06:41 PM
Heh, Sauron of mia koi gelo? :) Strictly as myself of course :)

CricTiger
March 8, 2006, 07:04 PM
I am waiting to hear from some one to say drop him.Yes,we do change our decision that quick.Give this boy a break.

I also feel bad for Alok.We should not bring and drop players this quick.What are we trying to prove here?

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 12:04 AM GMT, by CricTiger.

gravitY
March 8, 2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sar2005
Originally posted by Ehsan

Come on Man, these guys are fully professinal. They don't care who is 17 or 37. But personally I would definitely not do that to this kid.

By the way, what exactly KS said or did? Has anybody noticed while watching the game?

That is fine, they're fully professional. But I think tara ektu beshi matray chilla-falla korteche.... okaron e appeal kore..

gravitY
March 8, 2006, 08:03 PM
True, Mushfiq was very unconvincing against Lankan spin attack, but, for God's sake, this was the first time he faced a world class spinner. You can't expect everyone to be a wonderboy like Ashraful and to pick on Murali right from the beginning.

It still remains a question to me how did Ashraful negotiated Murali in such a good fashion in the very beginning? really surprising..!!

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 1:04 AM GMT, by gravitY.

Flipper
March 8, 2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
Heh, Sauron of mia koi gelo? :) Strictly as myself of course :)

Oh..no! :)

gravitY
March 8, 2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Flipper
It's really sad to see how some of us are showing up with our typical knee jerk reaction so soon.

True that is!! just one innings..

I really hope he can prove his quality in 2nd innings, though it'd be even tougher, yet I believe he can do it.

BanglaCool
March 9, 2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by gravitY

It still remains a question to me how did Ashraful negotiated Murali in such a good fashion in the very beginning? really surprising..!!

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 1:04 AM GMT, by gravitY.
I din't think Murali had his doosra then.