PDA

View Full Version : kick out the umpires

mhferdaus
March 8, 2006, 07:33 PM
Yes the harikiri man ( hariharan ) and rough man ( asad rauf ) has done it again ... not only once but atleast twice in the first innings of 2nd test, the decision of giving bashar and shahriar out was totally false, what are the umpires doing? they should be expunged ...

mshakir56
March 8, 2006, 08:06 PM
I didn't see the match, so I don't know, but I heard the commentary, but the commentary guys didn't sound like anything was wrong. So I don't know what to say.

nayan
March 8, 2006, 08:08 PM
u really think so?

gravitY
March 8, 2006, 08:14 PM
I think we need to spare some respect for the umpires, at least. I'm not advocating for them... but felt the language is a bit harsh. Remember what you see is bcoz of TV replay....

mhferdaus
March 8, 2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by gravitY
I think we need to spare some respect for the umpires, at least. I'm not advocating for them... but felt the language is a bit harsh. Remember what you see is bcoz of TV replay....

but it is the batsmen who should get the benefit, but they seem unhappy to give batsmen any chane, most bad decisions are going against BD, just like eng vs PAK match, six bad decisions in one innings, they were lucky to still win at that match.

TheWatcher
March 8, 2006, 08:22 PM
I think it is high time ICC should make it mandatory for umpires to verify their decisions with TV replays.

mshakir56
March 8, 2006, 08:30 PM
Why doesn't BCB ever complain? Not just complain, but they should also work on getting some results too.

nas
March 9, 2006, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by mhferdaus
Yes the harikiri man ( hariharan ) and rough man ( asad rauf ) has done it again ... not only once but atleast twice in the first innings of 2nd test, the decision of giving bashar and shahriar out was totally false, what are the umpires doing? they should be expunged ...

[... edited....]

Its even out over a test match or series.
some goes in ur favour, some aganist u.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 11:15 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content: Be careful with language.

yaseer
March 9, 2006, 06:53 AM

sorry dude.......you got that wrong.....I saw the match and Habibul, Shahriar both got the nick when they got out.

Umpires here and there are making mistakes all round the world and teams are nowadays seems prepare for these.....human eyes do make mistakes and u have to except it as long as it is not intentional.....and i dont think any umpire is making intentioal mistakes throughout the world...they have their own career man....who wants to destroy himself??

But the thing that has been happening to bangladesh team is that.....whenever the umpire needs to take chances in their decision or they are not sure.....they are sometimes giving decisions agaisnt Bangladesh. As Bangladesh is not a big name is the Cricketing world....there is less talks if you make wrong decisions against them.....if you give Ashraful a bad LBW n BD looses the match, who cares!! BD anyway loose most of them.....but if you give Jayawardena a wrong decision and Srilanka loose the match against Bangladesh.....there can be lots of talk agaisnt that umpire......so...umpire's mindset sometimes working like that and in the way BD team is suffering a bit.

I cannot find a solution to this.....you have to accept it n carry on and need to become a big cricketing nation...thats it!! as far as this thread is concerned....umpiring seems very fair in the 2nd test and to me those two decisions were right.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 11:55 AM GMT, by yaseer.

hkooraham
March 9, 2006, 06:55 AM

What about them giving Sangakkara out when the ball had pitched outside the leg stump ?

hkooraham
March 9, 2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I think it is high time ICC should make it mandatory for umpires to verify their decisions with TV replays.

I don;t think so.

The TV camera is far above eye level and could be de ceptive, except in run out / stumping decisions...So the TV could only used as guidance (except in runouts / stumpings) for the on field umpires to make decisions.

hkooraham
March 9, 2006, 06:59 AM

I think that jus' 'cos I have a TV at home, I can't be an umpire...

Most of us try to treach upires and treat them like vampires.

sar2005
March 9, 2006, 09:16 AM
The cption sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?

Well, we are suffering from bad umpiring right from our begaining. The serries against pak was the worst. I told in a seperate thread that big teams have always a chance to return from a bad decision. But if a bad decision goes against a team like bd, it's too hard for them to return. Probably ICC should send the best umpires in weaker team's match.

By the way, being a test playing nation, we should always have our respect to umpires. 2 things to remember,

1. They (umpires) have achieved this position. It was not given away. If we have a question, we should raise it before the match (ex. A. D. Silva)

2. They are human and to error is human. But probably ICC should ask them to take the help of technology as much as they can.

IanW
March 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
If you think automatic TV replays would help, I suggest a remedial course of watching the last Superbowl.

It wont help.

Umpires make mistakes - but they go both ways, and it's just part of the game.

Ian Whitchurch

insideedge
March 9, 2006, 11:20 AM
Even technology, such as Hawks eye, for example can give wrong results. Its indications may be totally wrong. There was a classic example of that in the Mohali test. Hawk's eye suggested that a Kumble delivery bowled to Bell was going above the stump and missing it by a few inches. In reality, Bell was out bowled by that delivery.

Coming to the Bangladesh Sri Lanka test, Bashar was clearly out, how can it be called bad umpiring? Same with Shahariar Nafees. The only bad umpiring decision that I can recall in this test came against Sri Lanka when Sanggakara was given out LBW when the ball had pitched outside the leg stump. So Bangladesh were helped in a big way by bad umpiring. It is just that Bangladesh were unable to take advantage of this huge favour done to them by poor umpiring.

fan_frm_the_uk
March 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
Both bashar n nafis were given out rightly. I noticed shariar nafees seemed not 2 b happy with that, fact is there was a genuine nick. But 2day, when Sangarkara was given out, did u notice how far the ball pitched outside leg? hope u realize wat sangarkara means 2 srilanka. I m not saying we getting benefits, true, most of the times it goes against us, but, that doesnt mean we blame the umpires 4 every single decision specially wen the decision is rightly judged.

gravitY
March 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hkooraham

I think that jus' 'cos I have a TV at home, I can't be an umpire...

Most of us try to treach upires and treat them like vampires.

I don't think you understood what i meant to say.. give it a second read, before you comment.

ammark
March 9, 2006, 07:05 PM
harsh. I think the umpiring is improving gradually in this test match, just like our cricket team. I admire how they gave the decision maharoofs of maharoof's dismissal. I mean frankly, we no longer have dickie bird, david shepherd and venkat officiating matches. Bucknor's growing old, and we'll only have Rudi Koertzen and Billy Bowden who do an excellent job left. Its only right that all these other guys learn from their mistakes and perfect themselves.

Sham
March 9, 2006, 07:40 PM
The Sangakkara decision was just awful! That ball pitched miles outsdie legstump and you dont need an action replay to see that!!

So, if anyone should be upset with the umpiring in this Test match, it sure as hell shouldnt be us!

thebest
March 9, 2006, 07:48 PM
i just saw yesterday's Ian Bell's out. They were talking about googly and regular one of Kumble. The most interesting thing one was Hawk eye saying the googly would have miss the stump. While in fact the ball hit the stump. So TV is not a sure shot. Respect the umpire. It eventually even out.