PDA

View Full Version : We got our 3 pacers for the next 3 world cups

pagol-chagol
March 8, 2006, 11:07 PM
Rassel giving 7 runs in 8 overs. Looks like Mashrafee and him, on a good day, could suffocate opposition batting in the first 15 overs of ODIs. Now Shahadat is showing some real potential.

Looks like our bowling has come a long long way since we got the test status.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 4:44 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

al Furqaan
March 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
no one believed me when i said we got our 3 quicks...actually i was aprehensive to make such a friggin bold-*** prediction.

but i wanna see what the rajib-critics have to say now (i won't call em haters cuz they genuinely want rajib to succeed but most BC members are bipolar fans- they either think we are champs or chumps).

IanW has said great things about rajib and looks like its coming true.

4-108, then 4-83 (mostly tail), and now 3-40 or something...

that is more than just a fluke.

but rajib still has to improve his accuracy, though i doubt he will ever reach mash or rasel level there.

but he will the the wicket taker like we've never seen.

mark my words

sar2005
March 8, 2006, 11:45 PM
Rajib got to check runs a lot. He is giving away too many runs compare to other bowlers. Once he improves his accuracy, we will be a good bowling side with those 3 bowlers.

fishyguy
March 9, 2006, 12:58 AM
Ever since I saw him take those 4 wickets in Sri Lanka I was a fan of Shahadat.

I couldnt beleive my eyes when the selectors were using Nazmul who I think is a complete joke and Tapash baysa who is just terrible instead of him.

Who knows what couldve happened in the 3rd ODI if we had used him.

Its surely couldnt have been much worse.

Fortuner
March 9, 2006, 02:47 AM
Hope they use rajib in odi too...

pray that mash always remains fit

Shafin
March 9, 2006, 03:21 AM
<table bgcolor="#CCCC99" border="0" width="100%" id="table1"> <tr> <td>Its not yet the time to praise rajib,If he can continue with this form in the next two series,then Tapash and Nazmul are doomed</td> </tr> </table>

RazabQ
March 9, 2006, 04:08 AM
while i agree that we have 3 potential fixtures on the pace front, i say it's too early to write off Baisya

nas
March 9, 2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Rassel giving 7 runs in 8 overs. Looks like Mashrafee and him, on a good day, could suffocate opposition batting in the first 15 overs of ODIs.
Edited on, March 9, 2006, 4:44 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

in ur dream.

yaseer
March 9, 2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by RazabQ
while i agree that we have 3 potential fixtures on the pace front, i say it's too early to write off Baisya

ya agree............lets hope Baisya picks up his game and play at his best.....then we will have 4 pace bolwers fighting for a spot in the fisrt XI and by this kind of healthy competition, bangladesh team is the one who will be the benificiary.

fy288
March 9, 2006, 06:43 AM
I am really proud of bowlers yet again particularly the young quicks. I thinks its still too premature to write of Taspash yet for much of BD earlier days he led the weak BD attack, he is ok but if theses lads continue to take wickets conceding few extras and runs sad to say as i am a sylheti but taspash may be dis-regarded.

PS can any member inform me more about RASEL i have not had the pleasure to see him play as i live in UK (where there is no live coverage of BD matches to may knowledge), which international bowler can he be compared to if any??

my prediction for tomorrow:

SRI- 334 ao
BAN- 230/6

juddin
March 9, 2006, 09:28 AM
you are closed.

it will be
sri-310 aot.

bang-333.

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by sar2005
Rajib got to check runs a lot. He is giving away too many runs compare to other bowlers. Once he improves his accuracy, we will be a good bowling side with those 3 bowlers.

Agreed with the accuracy part and partially agree with giving away too many runs. Bashar has some thing to say to it. When Bashar knows time to time to intimidate batsmen Shahadat bowls short ball, Bashar need to have someone at deep square leg. Jayaverdene just took steps toward off and smacked boundaries. No 3rd man for Tharanga (excellent off-side player). Between 2nd slip and gully. boundaries. Fielding plays a big role. Hope these two can stay healthy by the Grace of the Almighty.

Spitfire_x86
March 9, 2006, 09:54 AM
Rajib is still very erratic from time to time. And both Rasel and Rajib has to prove themselves against better batting lineups.

Rajib must learn to be more accurate, and I'm not confident about Rasel's bright future, because he is too slow. McGrath and Vaas are faster than Rasel.

IanW
March 9, 2006, 10:09 AM
Spitfire,

Rassel is accurate, and can swing it both ways. Good enough for me.

It's a triangle attack - Shahadat for pace and aggression, Rasel for nagging line and length and swing, and Masrafee for overall quality.

Maybe Bangladesh win this game, and maybe they dont. But they have proved they can gut a good batting side on what everyone thought was a good batting track.

I dont mind Bangladesh losing when it takes really, really good performances to beat them. It's losing by an innings when the opposition doesnt play well that sets my teeth on edge.

But rest assured that tape of Shahadat's early spell is going to be goi ng under a certain Tasmanian's door, and Rasel is going to get some quality time in the planning sessions as well.

Ian Whitchurch

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by IanW
... But rest assured that tape of Shahadat's early spell is going to be goi ng under a certain Tasmanian's door, and Rasel is going to get some quality time in the planning sessions as well.

Ian Whitchurch
:up: That speaks volume.

Rasel's current speed is equal or higher than Pathan's. :)

IanW
March 9, 2006, 10:55 AM
Personally, I'm more optimistic of Bangladesh's chances against Australia than I am against Sri Lanka, as Sri Lanka plays better under subcontinental conditions than Australia does.

And both batsmen and bowlers have shown some form, and Aftab and Masrafee are both being rested, but should be ready for the Australians.

Ian Whitchurch

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 11:01 AM
Rajib's accuracy problem is obvious, but he is improving.

Bashar needs to learn how to set up the field for Rajib. I don't think he ever played with a bowler like him.

Lets go over the first bowl after lunch.

Batsman: Jaywardane, one of the best in form batsmen in the world.

Bowler : Rajib.

He bowled it short to Jay's body which Jay had no idea what to do with. He managed to save his body but the ball went as a catch to gully. No fielder there. 1 run.

Australia is going to analyze that ball more than any of the outs.

Frankly, I thought we'd need 10 years to have a pace attack trio. Undoubtedly Shahad is IT.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 11:08 AM
what I like about him is he is very aggresive. Also he is learning very fast. I love it when he gives a stare to the batsman.... :P

IanW
March 9, 2006, 11:10 AM
Pagol-chagol,

Once Kaspa, Gillespie and McGrath retire, it's looking like the direct comparison is

Lee/Bracken/Tait vs

Masrafee/Shahadat/Rasel ...

doesnt look too bad for the Tigers does it ?

Ian Whitchurch

sadi
March 9, 2006, 11:25 AM
Lee or Tait vs Mashrafee and Shahadat..... lol... we have a long way to go....

Umar
March 9, 2006, 11:27 AM
Now I think...Shahadat is a Good Asset...!

fishyguy
March 9, 2006, 11:31 AM
Ian didnt Bracken just get dropped from the sqaud and sent home packing?

I was kind of surprised at that.

Anyway the difference between Australians and BD players at the end of the day when your pace trio retire will still be mental.

That is the biggest problem that we have to be smart about our cricket, we have to be thinking bolwers.

BUt I do think that our 3 bowlers are improving well.

And let me say something that may not have been mentioned about dropping Mashrafe and keeping Shahdat. It seems to me that although the selectors plan was resting mashrafe the effect of that has had a huge positive impact on Shahadat Hossain.

I mean he's now playing like our main strike bowler.He's had to grow much fatser due to the added responsibility and I think he has shown definite signs of improvement.

If Mashrafe was playing here the whole mental aspect of Shahadats role wouldve been completely different. Mashrafe and Rasel would be our main stike bowlers and Shahadat would have been looked on as a backup and who knows how he would've apporached the game then. I certainly doubt with the same attitude and responsibility he is doing now.

After this Shahadat will definetly consider himself equally as important to Mashrafe, not just as a back up bowler and should be encouraged accordingly.

I think that this attitude will benefit him significantly cuz he would know that he cant just get away bowling eraticly now that the bwling responsibilities on his part are on par with Rasel and and Mashrafe.

Well lets hope thats the way it works out anyway.

sar2005
March 9, 2006, 11:34 AM
Absolutely fantastic to read these very optimistic comments. Trust me I feel thrilled reading this thread. Well said guys :up:

Well, as stated by Akram, Russle will eventually gather much strength in his shoulder by time and doing more jims. But his accuracy is fabulous!! This guy can be as dangerous as any other world class bowler with a new ball.

Rajib!! I really never thought that a BD blood will be so much aggressive. He has the pace and bounce. Just need to practice more on pitching on right areas. A year or two will definitely bring the learning for him.

And Murtuza? The best. He knows everything. On a good day ( I mean the day on which luck will be 100 percent with him, at least, no drop catches), he can destroy any batting line up.

But the bottom-line is fitness. I would like to say Amen with Cats-eye that these three can stay healthy by the Grace of the Almighty.

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 12:12 PM
Both Mash and Rajib are above 6 feet and built like giants with the meanness of wolves. Rasel needs to build some muscles, but the kid is sharp.

When will Enamul Jr. become the match winner that coach McInnes predicted?

Rasel used to be a top order batsman(openned too). Why is he batting at 11th?

When will our batting catch up with our bowling? Remember not too long ago we couldn't get 10 wickets? And then Enamul Sr. was replaced by Rafiq. Shanto, Manzurl etc. were slowly discarded. An unproven kid fell from the sky (Mashrafee) who was thrown to the wolves without any 1st class experience.

Ahmed_B
March 9, 2006, 12:48 PM
Once Kaspa, Gillespie and McGrath retire, it's looking like the direct comparison is

Lee/Bracken/Tait vs

Hmm.. interesting enthusiasm among fans already. I remember about a year back or so... fans out here in this forum were VERY excited about a similar trio.. the 'Mash-Tapash-Nazmul' trio and everyone was convinced that we finally found our dream-pace-attack for long. At that time, Nazmul was really impressive and was moving the ball viciously as well. It did not really take more than few monthes for them (except for Mash) to become the national-villains and that for their loss of form too.

I don't really feel like talking high already about anything regarding this. Since experience says... that most rising players in this field fail to continue their form from series to series.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 5:51 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 12:56 PM
Rasel + Shahadat vs Taposh + Nazmul

Whats the difference.

Rasel is by far the smartest.
Rasel has by far the best control.
Shahadat has by far the best speed.
Taposh has by far the most experience.
Taposh and Nazmul lack raw talent which they can't cover up with control.

I am sure people get excited about beating both Zimbabwue and India, but the magnitude makes the difference.

Rasel+Shahadat has tons more potential than Taposh + Nazmul.

fishyguy
March 9, 2006, 01:01 PM
I guess I never saw Tapash and Nazmul when they were apparently "in form" but I've seen them In England and I thought they were terrible and once again in the ODIs here they were the main reasons we let our stranglehold lose on Lanka.

But I do think that anyone who has seen Shahadat, Rasel and Namul, Baisya will tell you that Shahadat ,Rasel have much more potential than Nazmul, Basya.

I personally think Nazmul, Baisya are complete rubbish and I hope we never see them again but thats my opinion.

shovon13
March 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
besides all the hype, if we look at it from a logical perspective - our pace attack will indeed be pretty impressive for years to come. masri, of course, is already of world class calibre. in fact he should have already been one of the top 20 bowlers in the world (i firmly believe this) had it not been for injuries and bad luck in some cases.

shahadat has pace, and the aggressive nature to go with it. those are key components for a pace bowler to have. control, the art of swing, strategical bowling - all of this can be taught, but not pace and aggression. he has drawn praises from the likes of wasim akram and ravi shastri. he also has age on his side. but the verdict is not yet out on him, as ahmed_b pointed out. he still needs a few more series to reach the level of trust that masri has gained from us.

while nazmul was sharp, he lacked the incisiveness of a pace bowler. he wasn't probing enough, not deceiving enough. and he was too young. i'm sure nazmul will get his act together, and will play for our odi team again. i believe rasel is a bit ahead of nazmul in those categories. with some added pace, he can indeed be very dangerous with his control. both nazmul and rasel are very very young. therefore it would be wise for us to let these kids grow.

we have another very promising young bowler in shafaq waiting in the wings. the guy is tall as hell, and is already putting up some promising performances in the ncl. but once again, he's too young. my hope for the future grows out of the tenderness of our team. age matters. simply from a physical perspective, as these guys will get older they will put on some more muscle. in rasel's case, that may be all he needs.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 6:19 PM GMT, by shovon13.

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by shovon13
...as these guys will get older they will put on some more muscle. in rasel's case, that may be all he needs.

I hope Rasel learns to reverse swing.

Ahmed_B
March 9, 2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by fishyguy
I guess I never saw Tapash and Nazmul when they were apparently "in form"......

....I personally think Nazmul, Baisya are complete rubbish and I hope we never see them again but thats my opinion.
For one or two series.. Nazmul was practically unplayable and BD fans were pretty excited about him at that time... and the 'rubbish' thing that you mentioned, is their current impression about these two. No wonder... people's verdict change so fast! :)

Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Rasel+Shahadat has tons more potential than Taposh + Nazmul.
Maybe....
But it's consistancy in series to series that really matters. They are in high form at the moment. But it's useless to declare them as the coming pace-trio for the next few world-cups untill they pass the test of time.

fishyguy
March 9, 2006, 01:22 PM
Ahmed_B thats very true.

I think by the end of this year we will know hopefully if Rasel and Shahadat are the real deal.

I'm more worried about Shahadat thatn I am about Rasel though.

My worries concerning Rasel:

Theres a good chance that he will have injury problems.

He may lose his way if he becomes complacent which is why the senior players and coaches have to take good care of him and mold him.

Also the obvious lack of form problem.

Lets see what happens

I think a lot of our doubts and hopes will be answered after the Australia tour.

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 01:27 PM
Ahmed _b,

Agree with the time testing.

One thing that worries me, which I got from the pacer Manjurul interview, is that once a player is discarded he gets no guidance.

We need to keep nurturing about 10 pacers like a national player rather than 3 or 4.

al Furqaan
March 9, 2006, 02:23 PM

It's a triangle attack - Shahadat for pace and aggression, Rasel for nagging line and length and swing, and Masrafee for overall quality.

Ian Whitchurch

spot on

nayan
March 9, 2006, 02:47 PM
Pagol-chagol,

Lee/Bracken/Tait vs

doesnt look too bad for the Tigers does it ?

Ian Whitchurch

nayan
March 9, 2006, 02:48 PM
cant blive u wrote that!lol

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by nayan
cant blive u wrote that!lol

If I didn't know IanW, I would have said he was sarcastic.

Since I know him I am 50% sure he's sarcastic.

tanvir_nus
March 9, 2006, 03:18 PM
I agree with a lot of things that is written about shadhat here. To me this guy has a lot of potential, I know he will shine in future, he is fast, he is aggressive, he has the stamina and he has the big hitting capability. To me fast balling is not about swing but about being aggressive and domination. Yes, there has been a lot of swingers who have been very successful, matthew hoggard now rules in the top 10 ICC ODI bowling list, but one thing that stands common in most of the great fast bowlers is that they are simply huge built and aggressive. I remember Richard Hille in an interview where it was shown that he went to bat with an aluminium bat and the umpire after some time said that you can't bat with that, and he just ran to the end of the boundary and threw the bat from far outside the boundary and walked inside the dressing room to get a new one.

Rasel, however, has great swing and control, I would find him a useful bowler in long spells and controlling the runrate but not for making breakthroughs. But he is not a diamond in the dust, and you can find literally thousands like him, . Lets not get jumpy about him, he is very raw, so is shadat, but there is a lot of difference. I know it's a risky judgement . But I wanna say my opinion on Rasel is that Rasel does not have the potential to play in the "LONG"run. How he will pair up with Sahadat, and Mashrafee only time will tell. But I don't really see that in near future, unless something forces Rafique to retire.

Now the only question on my mind is that, when will he start fading or can he build up and transform himself physically before the next generation of talented swingers and speedstars from u-19 and NCL teams penetrate into the national team. Yes, I am excited about the future, I know there is another Mashrafee out there, and hopefully even better than him.

Ajfar
March 9, 2006, 06:09 PM
someone tell me......what happened to talha jubaer????

gravitY
March 9, 2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by bangladesh_sy

gone, i think, with wind!!

actually .. i dunno.

ammark
March 9, 2006, 06:58 PM
Judging from day 2, 2nd test:

I'm impressed by rajib's game. I think he's improving very quickly. True he got hit abt by jayawardene a bit, but he has some genuine aggression, and he was persistently trying to bowl the right line and length. Bashar's field placements disappoint me all the time, [but frankly this is just my opinion, and I'm no one to judge] which I thought let him down sometimes. Honestly I cant wait for BD's next tour to England just to see our pacers. Its nice to see 5 pacers contending for the team.

IanW
March 10, 2006, 05:41 PM
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm dead serious about the comparison between Bangladesh's young fast bowling trio and Australia's probable pace attack.

Masrafee's curse is that he has been a strike bowler used as a stock bowler - he's a racehorse, but he was used to drag a cart, because someone had to and the others just weren't up to it.

And because he was used too much, he got hurt.

Now, there's Rasel, who can keep an end tight and be used as a stock bowler bowling 8-10 over spells with Rafique at the other end, and maybe Aftab or Ash tossing in a couple of short spells per innings as well.

Thus, Shahadat and Masrafee can now be used the way they should be used - as strike bowlers, bowling short 5-7 over spells in which they can go all out to take wickets.

Ian Whitchurch

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 10:50 PM GMT, by IanW.

Mr-khan
March 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
IanW what is Shahadat hossain's current speed?

Bat-PadTogether
March 10, 2006, 05:57 PM
Dont Forget Vaskoroni from Comilla!

Fazal
March 10, 2006, 06:00 PM

I think nothing new worthy happened to talha jubaer. Thats why you don't hear anything about him.

shamster
March 10, 2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by gravitY

gone, i think, with wind!!

actually .. i dunno.
Shame really and also Shafaq Al Jaber

Ahmed_B
March 11, 2006, 08:23 AM
Masrafee's curse is that he has been a strike bowler used as a stock bowler - he's a racehorse, but he was used to drag a cart, because someone had to and the others just weren't up to it...
What a way to say the harsh truth!!
You rock man!! :up: :up: :up:

pagol-chagol
March 12, 2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Masrafee's curse is that he has been a strike bowler used as a stock bowler - he's a racehorse, but he was used to drag a cart, because someone had to and the others just weren't up to it...
What a way to say the harsh truth!!
You rock man!! :up: :up: :up:

This is a very very important issue, but I dont recall a thread about this ever. I'll start a thread on this.