PDA

View Full Version : Dilma TV rocks

ibnul
March 9, 2006, 12:37 AM
I have seen first day of the second test, without problem and today so far no issue. We have gave them some flakes in the one days and first test , but I think they have fixed all the issues now. So credit should be given when due. Nice one dilmatv.com, lot cheaper than willow.

shaoun
March 9, 2006, 12:39 AM
dilma tv sucks.

Orpheus
March 9, 2006, 12:39 AM
bhai apnake ki free offer korche kichu??

ibnul
March 9, 2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by shaoun
dilma tv sucks.

have you seen the second test?

cricket_pagol
March 9, 2006, 01:25 AM
ibnul bhai, have you seen the one day series? have you u seen the beginning of the first test? After such horrible performance, if they do good for a day or two there is nothing to get excited about. I wonder why you are so happy with them?

Nasif
March 9, 2006, 02:38 AM
Only reason its probably working properly now is because not too many people watching this test. They have enough bandwidth to feed the current load. If everyone comes in and starts to watch, it will be dead again :)

zakirc
March 9, 2006, 03:04 AM
Dilma most robably uses Shared Bandwidth for source stream. Whenever the B/W is shared .... quality will flactuate dramatically.

Along with that, I guess thier per-user allocated B/W is also below par.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 09:48 AM
So far, the quality is great for second test...... my question is, don't they know how many people they can provide the stream with? If they do, then how can bandwidth be a issue? Unless they are selling it to more people than they suppose to.....

Nasif
March 9, 2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by sadi
Unless they are selling it to more people than they suppose to.....

Thats exactly what they are doing :)

arafath79
March 9, 2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ibnul
dilma tv sucks.

I agree with Shaoun. I have seen the second test and their steaming is closing down every few mins and i have to click start again !! I won't buy from them next time. I

arafath79
March 9, 2006, 10:06 AM
I think they can't broadcast with full 350kbs or less speed while there are so many people watching ! Sometimes it's working fine.

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Nasif
Only reason its probably working properly now is because not too many people watching this test. They have enough bandwidth to feed the current load. If everyone comes in and starts to watch, it will be dead again :)
I am afraid this may be the case. The second test, 2nd day, first two sessions were alright. Didn't watch the 3rd session, but I have had enough of Dilma TV. The ODIs were horrible.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 3:14 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

mafizraju
March 9, 2006, 10:31 AM
During the ODIs it was not their bandwith that was a problem. It was the feed they were getting from star sports, that was bad. They probably have addressed that problem and at the same time that problem can come back again anytime without their intention to bring it back. Willow TV suffered the same problem.

babubangla
March 9, 2006, 12:00 PM

I thought willowtv had same problem during ODI and initially in 1st test. When Willow became good, Dilma became good too. So, was it a problem of overselling or was it a problem with the streaming source?

nayan
March 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
dilmatv sucks! they have the worst service ever

shaoun
March 9, 2006, 10:27 PM
they are ripping people off. they should return the money. the service is just bad. i cant believe that they are chargeing us for this crap.

pinch_hitter
March 9, 2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by arafath79
Originally posted by ibnul
dilma tv sucks.

I agree with Shaoun. I have seen the second test and their steaming is closing down every few mins and i have to click start again !! I won't buy from them next time. I

my case exactly. i reported it to them, and they said they detected concurrent login form my account. i didnt share my account with anyone. to make sure that nobody hacked into my account, i changed my password 4 times. and yes, you guessed it. its still doing it.

never again. my 'nera matha' has suffered enough. no more 'bel tola' with dilmatv. EVER. even if they offer it for free.

cricket_pagol
March 9, 2006, 11:34 PM
3rd day first session, dilmatv is back to buffering problems. It is very hard for these guys to provide quality service for a while.

Flipper
March 9, 2006, 11:35 PM
Dilma Rocks! (yes, in a sarcastic way)

Dilma was cheap, and they provided cheap service. I wasn't able to watch any of the one day matches, and I don't think anybody was. For test matches, I had either a slide show, or I had to be tired of pressing "Click Here" every other minute.

I would never ever shop there!

anik
March 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
i am watching the second test without any problem. yesterday and today i only had to restart the video twice or three times.

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 4:39 AM GMT, by anik.

mcurrale
March 10, 2006, 04:31 AM
i haven't had a problem with dilmatv for the entire 2nd test and haven't had any buffering at all. credit where credits due. and a mate of mine had willow.tv and he had same problems as we experienced on dilmatv, so please people get your facts right prior to criticising dilmatv. yes, it has been crappy at times, but that's the source star sports issue, not dilmatv or will.tv.

marco.

sadi
March 10, 2006, 09:53 AM
yeah cant complain about their service during the second test... before that everyone has having problems.....

zakirc
March 10, 2006, 02:56 PM
I haven't had any problem with Dilma .... not one shed of problem during the entire SL-BD 2006 series !!:duh:

Guess why ??

I DONT WATCH DILMA :floor:

FaridpurChicago
March 10, 2006, 03:20 PM
Comparison between Dilma and Willow [I bought both when there was problem in 1st ODI]

Money issue :
Dilma - $18; Willow - $49

Problem period :
Dilma/Willow both - Problem untill 1st half of 3rd ODI & 1st hour of 1st Test

Communicating while problem :
Dilma - "We are aware of it. We are working on it with our source. If we can't solve, we'll return your money."
Willow - "There's no problem from our end. We provide quality service and never refund"

Refreshing needed in 2nd/3rd test :
Dilma - You need to click start again and again every 15 minute to avoid buffering. You need to close the browser and start over in every hour.
Willow - Runs smoothly without any need to refresh

Its you to decide, which way to go.

cricket_pagol
March 10, 2006, 06:08 PM
Good post faridpur Chicago!!!!

Their pricing for some recent series.
England vs India (3 test and 7 ODI) - $20
PAK vs Srilanka (2 test and 3 ODI) - $15.50
whereas they charged $18.99 for the BD -Sl series (2 test and 3 ODI).

This biased pricing really pissed me off.

shamster
March 10, 2006, 06:46 PM

Listen don't get me wrong, I aint impressed either.
BUt what was happening we were doing what Bengalis do best, people were giving thier password and multiple log ins were happening but they have corrected and it is much better now, they log your IP and everything.

It is thier fault for not being ready properly !!!