PDA

View Full Version : To DOORBIN or any other ppl who have spent time in Australia (old 2003 thread)

James90
June 20, 2003, 05:04 PM
Does any1 follow AFL???

DOORBIN
June 21, 2003, 08:03 AM
Habibul_fan,

I don't understand AFL. In Bangladesh there is no rugby. Therefore, I could never understand AFL.

James90
June 21, 2003, 06:34 PM
How long have you been in Australia for?

The Wallabies lost to the Poms :(

rafiq
June 25, 2003, 04:19 PM
sometimes I watch aussie rules football on espn here in the US when I have nothing better to do. you have to be a man to play that game! don't ask me about any rules though - just get the obvious stuff, not much more...

DOORBIN
June 25, 2003, 05:02 PM
Habibul_fan,

I have lived in Australia for over 8 years, but that doesn't matter much.

I will never learn AFL, its too complicated.

And, if I never watch or play cricket for the rest of my life, I will never forget cricket. .... You know what I mean?

Are you going to Allan Border Field tomorrow? I am going, for sure. Bangladesh vs Queensland Cricket Academy XI.... the first warm-up match in Australia.

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by DOORBIN]

James90
June 25, 2003, 07:52 PM
No I'm going next week to the BD v Commonwealth Cricket Acadamy from the 3rd to the 5th.....i'll try to work out which day depending on the weather

Antora
July 3, 2007, 10:49 PM
Does any1 follow AFL???

i have been living in aus for about 6 years and i dont understand AFL..its just to complicated!!!

ammark
July 3, 2007, 10:53 PM
One World, whats with the sudden spree in digging up ancient threads?

The AFL I have no clue about, but All Blacks lost to the Wallabies the other day in the Tri-Nations (Rugby Union) :(. I didnt even bother downloading that game.

p.s: Shouldnt this have been in Other Sports? But its such a piece of history, it wouldnt be fair to move it there now. A bit like taking bits and pieces of the parthenon to the British Museum.

Arnab
July 3, 2007, 11:23 PM
Just digging in, never had time to go through all the salvaged pride of BC, I hope its ok.

It's not ok. It's stupid. Stop it.

bourny3
July 3, 2007, 11:27 PM
AFL is the best i love it. That is all.

Rabz
July 4, 2007, 07:11 AM
Dont follow much AFL, reason being in sydney.
More into league.
But i try to watch the Swan's game.

Go the Swans.

Hatebreed
July 4, 2007, 08:16 AM
Why is it even called Australian "Football" League? Shouldn't it be Australian Rugby League (ARL)?

Can someone explain why Rugby, a game most played with hands is even called Football and actual Football is called "Soccer"? I don't care what Americans call it, they took the game and made it their own, but Australians still play rugby don't they?

One World
July 4, 2007, 11:42 AM
It's not ok. It's stupid. Stop it.

OK I was looking for this post and now I found it. First of all I want to say there was no reason saying things like that this late. I stopped way before you made this comment. (Yesterday, 11:23 PM). I believe my last dig was before 11:00PM. So I would consider next time your remark must be in equilibrium with the space-time continuum. Otherwise they might turn out as stupid as it is. Besides I would not have continued if one of the mods was pretty eager to reply them with much enthusiasm. I am also surprised to see that people are more or less happy finding those topics and make their comments which are also refreshing. Anyways I hope no harm done as far as the forum is concerned. Cheers!

Ehsan
July 4, 2007, 01:12 PM
BTW where is Doorbin bhai?! Man it has been ages since I last saw him in BC. I miss his poems on match threads and generally about our team and players.