PDA

View Full Version : Will Whatmore stay after his contract ends? Or Coach India?

Pages : [1] 2

Stumped
March 19, 2006, 10:06 PM
Dav has stayed on to what will be his 4th year with BD... but will he stay on?

Outswinger
March 27, 2007, 02:47 AM
Indian news confirmed today they are interested on ;

Steve Waugh , John Wright & Dav Whatmore !!!!!

When the Dav Whatmore's contract finished ?

We shouldn't give him to India at any cost .

What's your thoughts ?

cricman
March 27, 2007, 02:52 AM
If he wants to go, let him go It's up to Dav and how he feels. If he wants to take a Job that IMO is career suicide then let him. He took the Bangladesh Job in 03 which was considered career suicide and he's done a fantastic job. If he wants to stick around till 2011 than we should keep him but I hope the BCB has a list of coaches just incase.

jabbar
March 27, 2007, 02:55 AM
Is there anyone else as good as Dav who can coach BD?

scoilaheez
March 27, 2007, 02:57 AM
Who would want the India or Pakistan job!! The fans are way too crazy and too much pressure. Best job is the Aussie or England job.

BD should look into Steve Waugh, if only as a part time coach. Waugh has always been a great supporter of our country (both cricketing and charitable donations)

stuge
March 27, 2007, 03:00 AM
Lol ,I never heard that India wants Dav as Indian Cricket team coach .Here in Indian there are reports that Sandeep Patil will the be the next coach of Indian team (Even before the World Cup started ),but lets see what happens on 6-7 April.

crickwizard
March 27, 2007, 03:01 AM
McKenzie (who was u-19 coach and built ashraful, shakib, nafees, shamsur, enamul, manjarul, nazim etc) can be a good candidate. Since BD doing well now, there will be other big fish interested (Perhaps John Wright, Dean Jones)

crickwizard
March 27, 2007, 03:02 AM
Who would want the India or Pakistan job!! The fans are way too crazy and too much pressure. Best job is the Aussie or England job.

BD should look into Steve Waugh, if only as a part time coach. Waugh has always been a great supporter of our country (both cricketing and charitable donations)
I say make Greg Chappel Pakistan coach -;)

Outswinger
March 27, 2007, 03:09 AM
Lol ,I never heard that India wants Dav as Indian Cricket team coach .Here in Indian there are reports that Sandeep Patil will the be the next coach of Indian team (Even before the World Cup started ),but lets see what happens on 6-7 April.

Sandip Patel is a choice if they are deciding for a Coach from India but they also can choose the foreign coaches .

So , Whatmore is in the list ;

Now , it's on "cnn.ibn" news .

stuge
March 27, 2007, 03:10 AM
Who would want the India
I want that .I don't want any foreign coach now esp like Greg Chappel .I want to hit him with his Chappelllllllllllssssssssss(Slippers ):doh:

Outswinger
March 27, 2007, 03:33 AM
India should go back to "John Wright & Dada" .

Hope , they can save the team .

Desi_Daru
March 27, 2007, 03:43 AM
i have maintined for a long time that dav whatmore is the worlds best coach , infact when india picked chapple , i was quite pissed off as i feel they should have approached watmore

BANFAN
March 27, 2007, 05:22 AM
i have maintined for a long time that dav whatmore is the worlds best coach , infact when india picked chapple , i was quite pissed off as i feel they should have approached watmore

See, The subcontinental teams need professional coaches like Dave. Here the players need a lot of basic support/skills. From tchniques to mental upbringing. The other teams generally get it before coming to the national side. We pick raw tallents; they pick proven tallents for the national team.

High profile players; turned coach; are not suitable for subcontinental teams. They will do better with teams like Ausie/Kiwi. That's where chappel went wrong, he thought the national team will all be skilled like the ausies and concentrated on strategy only. He immediately went on to change the previous captain and even dropped him, made a new captain, experimented with some stable players and finally the team lost its balance completely. Aus can afford to send Mark/steve/warne home in peak form and still maintain a balance in the team. The coach only needs to know the players abilities and make strategies. Here its much more than that.

Dav had been even involved in making the cricket structure of BD. Every member of sellection committee is coached by him to some extent. He is beyond just a cricket coach for Bangladesh. He is unique.

Gordon, Amarnath did not have the patience and professional ability to make contribution as coaches for what BD needed. Edie Barlow was a professional coach and was the first man who made significant job for BD in terms of coaching, unfortunately he made that accident. I find similarity in his and whatmore's approach. Edie Barlow is a respected coach in SA also.

India needs a professional coach; big names will not make players; will make money on players only.

psj
March 27, 2007, 05:30 AM
How does a Foreign Coach commuicate with the Team..Are all BD players good in English to commuicate with Dav.? The same problem would be there in the Indian and Pak teams too.. Best is a combination of a local coach and a Foreign Coach

kaisermatin
March 27, 2007, 05:31 AM
why are we worried about India? we have lots to think about BD A now! pathetic performance in sri lanka. That is our future in the background. Go figure! What is going on with the high performance team?

zakirc
March 27, 2007, 05:33 AM
I don't think Indians got the stomach to absorb someone like Dav. He will not work for short time gain. Just look at BD performance during the first few years of his coaching. India wants to win every match at any cost. They don't believe in long term stability, gain etc.

While we are grateful to Dav for his contribution, he should be grateful to the fans of BD as well, cos we never gave up on him, we always supported him. And now we are getting the results.

afrina
March 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
In my point of view India want Dev for his performance. If u look at 1996 WC he was a coach of SriLanka and they won the cup. Now Bangladesh they are playing such a way every person (mainly India,and some other critic)become shock. Dev is such a person who can bring the best from his team. It was a rumor that India want Dev when they appoented Chappel. So if they want him now it should not surprise any more.

BANFAN
March 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
How does a Foreign Coach commuicate with the Team..Are all BD players good in English to commuicate with Dav.? The same problem would be there in the Indian and Pak teams too.. Best is a combination of a local coach and a Foreign Coach

Definitely, there has to be a local coach to assist the foreign coach. That's an education for the local coah also who can pass on the knowledge and experience to the age group teams in future.

BANFAN
March 27, 2007, 06:03 AM
why are we worried about India? we have lots to think about BD A now! pathetic performance in sri lanka. That is our future in the background. Go figure! What is going on with the high performance team?

I am worried about the concept of our A team truly. I don't think that we are taking players in A team for taking them to national side in future. Like Khaled Masud, Kapali, and many more; i don't think they have the talent to comeback to the main side ever. They are all tried materials in the national side and failed to perform.

If you look at our side, the players have come from U 19/17. May be we sould make our A team with the talented players from amongst the age group, so who ever does well can make a way to the main side.

Truely speaking, until next 4 years, only 2 players I see will be out of the team; unless some one down the line is too exceptional talent.

But ofcourse, they should perform well; may be they will learn from their mistakes and make our domestic cricket more competitive to produce matured cricketers.

Shafin
March 27, 2007, 06:05 AM
We've got Salahuddin for that,and he is IMO the best coach BD has got,the future coach of the team.

India might want to try out RM, Bd fan's next target.

BANFAN
March 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
We've got Salahuddin for that,and he is IMO the best coach BD has got,the future coach of the team.

India might want to try out RM, Bd fan's next target.

What's RM ?? :saint:

I always felt that we should get Wasim Akram for some time to coach our fast bowlers. He has a lot to give in bowling department.

Imteaz
March 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
India Couldnt Do Anything Even With Greg Chappel. They will Remain Same If They Appoint Whatmore. India Should Improve Their System and Playing Condition.

Shafin
March 27, 2007, 06:45 AM
RM-Richard McInnes,the current performance analyst of the australian cricket team,and the former coach of the BD U-19 team,widely credited with the transformation of our u-19 team,also the structural designer of the high performance squad,I'm sure he will coach a test nation, some day.

Hasib
March 27, 2007, 07:31 AM
Indian news confirmed today they are interested on ;

Steve Waugh , John Wright & Dav Whatmore !!!!!

When the Dav Whatmore's contract finished ?

We shouldn't give him to India at any cost .

What's your thoughts ?

could I have a link to the article please... thanks

Miraz
March 27, 2007, 07:39 AM
I have found an in-depth news on current thinking of BCCI from an Indian blogger

Pawar's Blue dreams

BCCI President Sharad Pawar now wants two Indian cricket teams. India Seniors and India Blues. When one team cannot play as a unit and qualify for the super-8, what would two teams achieve?

Whats the need for two teams? To accommodate the ageing mules or to give youngsters a chance?

Let us face the truth: BCCI is a feudal set up. Whether you put a Dalmiya or a Pawar on the top of the pile, they will all want to play power politics. There is plenty of money in Indian cricket as well.

What they call democracy in BCCI is utter nonsense. The private club, BCCI, do not represent the nation or the Blue Billion (as pepsi wants us to believe).

Majority of the blue billion do not have the time or means to spend hours and hours watching Indian cricket circus. Yes, there is a massive number of people following this colonial sport (including yours truly.)

Pawar is entitled to his blue dreams. There are rumours of getting rid of Greg Chappell and Rahul Dravid and to bring in Sandeep Patil as the coach and go back to either Ganguly or Tendulkar as the captain.

Read full article (http://doosra.blogspot.com/2007/03/pawars-blue-dreams.html)

Rubu
March 27, 2007, 07:54 AM
I want Richard McInnes instead of Whatmore. If Whatmore wants to stay, fine. If he wants to go, BD should not make any counter offer.

RazabQ
March 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
Whatmore is a professional and if Indian board gives him a very lucrative offer, he's well within his rights to take it. Afterall, he has a clause in his contract specifically for such a scenario. It will be a big loss for BD cricket but that's how it is and we should just deal with it. As for the next coach, I think they should just promot Alex De Winters from the high performance squad if they want to maintain the status quo. McInnis isn't doing as well as we think he is - he got hired as a video analyst for the Aussie team and hasn't made any further inroads over there. Akram is a horrible candidate for us - a player with known bookie connections, and a one-time playboy at that - around our young team?

Fazal
March 27, 2007, 09:53 AM
I am not against Whatmore. He did a great job, if he stays with BD its fine with me. However if Dav goes to India, I wouldn't cry for him. Also for Dav, job like coach in India or Pakistan is not an easy job; it comes with lots of money... potential fame or hate... and ofcourse lots of stress which can effect on your health.

Also regardless how good job Dav did for Bangladesh, it was not only him who was responsible for this recent success. We should give due credit to BCB board, selectors and ofcourse u-19 and high performance team coach and management. Most of these players just came to the national team last few years, so there is no way Dav himself should get all the credit.

So the bottom line. Dav is a great coach. But if we loose him and if BCB does their job (like last time), we will find another great coach... he may not be famous like Dav but he will be a great coach. So I don't worry either way.

allrounder
March 27, 2007, 10:07 AM
I am tired to see so many threads about India and BCCI, looks like our fans are becoming more interested about Indian cricket.

akabir77
March 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
if Dav wants to go then good luck to him we will of course try our best to keep him till 2011 but i don't think anyone can't compete with BCCI.
And i think Bd already knows who would be the best after dav. Its the man who created all these SN, AFTAB, Mush, Sakib and some more in the LINE. we need to get Richard Mchinns. he got innovation, courage and hardworking. so i see no alternet. but in case if he is not getable then john write will be a good choice.

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2007, 12:53 PM
All the best to Dav on whatever he decides. Stumped where are you - give us the inside scoope. Does his contract have clause to talk to BCCI anytime he wants?

Personally I think he shouldn't take that job even for a huge sum of money. Too risky!!

AsifTheManRahman
March 27, 2007, 12:55 PM
McInnis isn't doing as well as we think he is - he got hired as a video analyst for the Aussie team and hasn't made any further inroads over there.

that makes me dream.

BangladeshCricket
March 27, 2007, 12:56 PM
Pointless thread in BanglaCricket forum! Why we bother about others when we have to think about us.

pagol-chagol
March 27, 2007, 01:00 PM
All the best to Dav on whatever he decides. Stumped where are you - give us the inside scoope. Does his contract have clause to talk to BCCI anytime he wants?

Personally I think he shouldn't take that job even for a huge sum of money. Too risky!!

Hey Stumped - I don't want Dav to be killed by those psycho Indo-Pak fans/bookies. He's my Hero!

He should get Ekushe Podok or the biggest award in the country when he comes back.

gatekeeper
March 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
Its time for India to have an Indian coach, and there are plenty. Watmore would not be the right person trying to teach a bunch of overrated millionaire paper-tigers. Unless a massive overhaul is done in the Indian team with a more young(er) players Watmore would find his sermons falling on deaf ears.

Protic
March 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
Its upto Dav really..and you missed a name..India is also interested on Tom Moody..they dont want to get thrashed by SL & BD again.. they are taking our coaches! lol.

Anyway..if whatmore goes..John Wright can be a good replacement for him for us.

Miraz
March 27, 2007, 05:38 PM
This will be quick survey for BanglaCricket members.

I will write an exclusive news story on this which will be published in BC tour bulletin and also in CricketWorld. I will pick two or three comments from the members as the "Bangladesh fan reaction". Members willing to see their name in the news should write their full name after the comment.

The aim of the news will be to make BCB and world media aware about fan's expectation.

So, the question is

Do you want Whatmore to stay with Bangladesh after world cup?

Fazal
March 27, 2007, 05:41 PM
Khaisey another thread?

I vote the 4th (invisible) option. I don't care. If he stays fine. If he goes thats ok also.

Protic
March 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yes, he should stay only because he has started to bring out the best from the bangladeshis..and to get the VERY BEST ..4 more years is must ..and what better stage than WORLD CUP 2011 to prove it?

akmnewaz
March 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
This is not the right moment for this poll, becasue we are now overwhelmed by the performance of BD team. Our thinkings will be biased. So the poll should be conducted 2/3 months after the WC2007, when we will be able to think freely.

layperson
March 27, 2007, 05:48 PM
Whatmore should stay until the World Cup 2011 according to me. He is doing a good job with the team so far and from his history we know how successful he was in moulding Sri lanka to a winning team. I was watching the dressing room after we won the Bermuda match and one of the first persons bashar huggged was Whatmore. This shows the kind of respect and love the man commands from the team. The most important aspect is that he should be willing to stay. If he is then he is a good bet for us because it seems that the players are comfortable with him and he is also pretty passionate about our team.

Shahriyar Rahman

Duck
March 27, 2007, 05:48 PM
I think it is really upto him. There are couple of lucrative job openings for him from Pak/Ind or even Eng. Every Int coach has dream to be the coach of these countrise. So, whatever we think wont be enough to retain him for BD unless he himself wants to stay to groom the cubs to tigers.

Miraz
March 27, 2007, 05:52 PM
This is not the right moment for this poll, becasue we are now overwhelmed by the performance of BD team. Our thinkings will be biased. So the poll should be conducted 2/3 months after the WC2007, when we will be able to think freely.

Dav's contract expires within 1 month after world cup.

Poll during your proposed time will be inconsequential.

Rubu
March 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
I want the option: stay only if he shows 100% interest for tigers and for no one else.

If he wants to stay and focuses on his job, fine, if he keeps giving interview about how he is interested about India job, I would want him to get that.

And yes, if he is replaced, my first choice is Richard McInnes.

Duck
March 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
What's RM ?? :saint:

I always felt that we should get Wasim Akram for some time to coach our fast bowlers. He has a lot to give in bowling department.

......and also how to fix a match...........!

Sovik
March 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
i don't want him to go before 2011. still a lot work to be done

Farhad
March 27, 2007, 07:07 PM
I want him to stay for another four years....By the way, before you write your exclusive, you might need to know that its Dav Whatmore (not Dave)....Appreciate all the work youve been doing btw

Navarene
March 27, 2007, 07:26 PM
Too early to raise this issue. Let the tigers be done with WC first.

Hatebreed
March 27, 2007, 07:26 PM
I doo, like a bubbling balloon of billion blooo.

Seriously, as long as he's keen on nurturing our 'cubs' into predators, I think he should stay until WC 2011. I think he's pretty happy to be our coach, but if he wants to leave, then we shouldn't hold him back.

Nirjhar
March 27, 2007, 07:34 PM
you forgot to add another option," Undecided". I am undecided.

oporajeyo_bangla
March 27, 2007, 07:34 PM
Four more years!

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 10:01 PM
I want him to stay for another four years....By the way, before you write your exclusive, you might need to know that its Dav Whatmore (not Dave)....Appreciate all the work youve been doing btw

yayyyyyy someone knows his name! thank you (im not being sarcastic)....

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 10:30 PM
im here! Firstly I dun want my dad to be killed either, but if he does goto those countires i feel it will differnet in some ways but hell ill get revenge on anyone who does anything to him... The way he approaches matters is very different to Chappell so half of the problems may not have happened if dad wsthere, but then who i am i to say for sure!

There is no clause in any contract which restricts a coach from talking to any other team about possible work for another country. At any time a coach could leave during thier contract. What i dont know is if anyone would have to pay anything to compensate blah blah...

Communication with the team from a "foreign" point of view can be difficult but for Dav he picks up the language quick and will always get someone to help him translate if needed. He communicates very well and did so as well with the sri lankans.

PoorFan
March 27, 2007, 10:32 PM
Nah, we need new thought, new angle, new approach, new breeze in the team to move up to next level of cricket. In 2011 our team will be in peak which means we got to master different method, different game plan, different approach as well as execution within that time, other than those we are grateful to Dav. So I say it will be better for us to get more matured, tough and consistent we should look for new coach after this WC.

Jhon Wright or formar AUS captain will be nice as BD future coach I think, but please no Asian coach.

Fazal
March 27, 2007, 10:38 PM
So he is going to bite the bullet then.

Now the next question is:
After his new deal with BCCI, is he going to increase his daughter's monthly allowance by the same proportion?

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
Number 1) nothing is confirmed as to where he is going as anything is a possibility

Number 2) I dont get an allowence from my father... I work and my pay packet is what i get each week! Im 23... i dun need to be gettin an allowence!!

ammark
March 27, 2007, 10:42 PM
Ajke shobai bolbe keep Dav. Then when BD performs a bit silly in the next series, people will be calling for his head in these forums again. Whats the point of this poll? We've all seen it before. Thats how we came to know who Stumped is! Its not Dav's fault if we fans are so fickle

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 10:43 PM
lol... fans will be "fickle" no matter what county u are talkin bout... hee hee i have not heard that work for a long time!

RazabQ
March 27, 2007, 11:16 PM
Stumped, here's a tip. Daddy's girls can always finagle something out :) Even when they are 30 and married. LOL

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 11:36 PM
Im not one of those daddy's gals who asks even when im 30. I hate it when dad askes me if i need anything blah blah.. what he makes in my opinion is his and he should enjoy his life and not have to worry bout me...

Farhad
March 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
Im not one of those daddy's gals who asks even when im 30. I hate it when dad askes me if i need anything blah blah.. what he makes in my opinion is his and he should enjoy his life and not have to worry bout me...

Im guessing he was just kidding. Personally, I wouldnt mind a bit of extra cash coming my way :p

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
yeah i know.. i dont think anyone would! But still I wanna be independent!

But hey if he coaches india... ill not be askin for money.. ill be asking to meet my husband Mr Shar rukh Khan!! and go to the bollywood areas!! ha ha

Stumped
March 27, 2007, 11:46 PM
by the way what time does tigers eye usually come online?

Kabir
March 28, 2007, 12:08 AM
Stumped:

Knowing your father, do you think if BCCI approaches him, he will accept the offer? Or do you think he feels he has some more changes to bring about in Bangladesh cricket?

Kabir
March 28, 2007, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by BD4eva
I want him to stay for another four years....By the way, before you write your exclusive, you might need to know that its Dav Whatmore (not Dave)....Appreciate all the work youve been doing btwyayyyyyy someone knows his name! thank you (im not being sarcastic)....

Most people know his name. It just so happened that the typo was in the thread title, which appears in several parts of the page. That makes it look like Miraz's consistently calling him Dave instead of Dav.

kalpurush
March 28, 2007, 12:14 AM
It's all about money, eh?!...all the heartless people!!;) :-D

Stumped
March 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
I can't ans on his behalf... I can only tell u what i think. Knowing Dad he does not just accept anything that comes his way. He talks it over with my mum and then myself and my brother. Its possible he may accept it if talks go well as to what they want and he want to bring to the team etc etc... but at this stage every team is open and anything is a possibility.

There is alot even the best team can learn and every coach brings something different to each team and its up to them to take it on. Yes im sure there is still alot he can bring to the Banga side provided he is listened to and everyone puts in the effort.

Stumped
March 28, 2007, 12:20 AM
well his name is Davenell and the way its pronounced sounds like Dav-en-ell... but when said at a normal pace and with a curry accent (dont take to offence I am half curry and proud of it!!) it sounds like deve-nell... ha ha

RazabQ
March 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
Well yes, one thing we have to apprecate is that it's not just money that will motivate a professional coach. The Woolmers and the Chappel's took their job also because their ego led them to believe they could succeed where others had not. Nothing wrong with professional pride. Like I said, if BCCI makes Dav and offer he feels he cannot refuse, then BCB should wish him well and move on.

And stumped - of course I was kidding about the whole "daddy's girl" bit! :) And why oh why Shahrukh Khan? Guy is married, smokes like a chimney and has a dodgy back that requires daily physiotherapy.

Stumped
March 28, 2007, 01:00 AM
cos i loved kal ho na ho! lol...

Kabir
March 28, 2007, 01:07 AM
Yes im sure there is still alot he can bring to the Banga side provided he is listened to and everyone puts in the effort.

So here it is...it's not Banga, it's Bangladesh!
I'm not being sarcastic, but it seems to be an Indian and Pakistani way of calling Bangladesh as Bangla or Bangal! Are you already picking up some of their practices? :)

Just joking.

Protic
March 28, 2007, 01:07 AM
Answer to the thread : India wants to reach super 8s too :D thats why!

Kabir
March 28, 2007, 01:12 AM
Depends on how spiced up the curry accent is. In mine and my colleague's (Miraz) case, we've got it spiced thoroughly. So Dave-nell is not a thorough spiced pronounciation...Dav-en-ell is.

By the way, I always wondered what Dav stands for. Thank God it's not the colloquial version of Richard!

PoorFan
March 28, 2007, 01:17 AM
... There is alot even the best team can learn and every coach brings something different to each team and its up to them to take it on. Yes im sure there is still alot he can bring to the Banga side provided he is listened to and everyone puts in the effort.
<!--StartFragment -->While you said quite right, but that bold part? may be from now on, I should call someone 'fatmore'.;)

Sorry didnt notice Kabir already pointed that out.

cricket_pagol
March 28, 2007, 01:19 AM
I want Dav to stay for 2 years and then we should get McInnes... He should get the chance to finish off what he started with the new generation of players. I think Dav is doing a good job so far.

Stumped
March 28, 2007, 01:22 AM
ouch, attack of the Bangladeshies! hee hee... sorry... yes its been mentioned to me once before long time back.. slip of the tounge or rather fingers!

Miraz
March 28, 2007, 03:09 AM

I know, It was a typo, check todays news item at front page and two-three other previous bulletins.

He is always mentioned as Dav Whatmore. Anyway thanks for ;pointing it out.

cricket_pagol
March 28, 2007, 03:27 AM
well his name is Davenell and the way its pronounced sounds like Dav-en-ell... but when said at a normal pace and with a curry accent (dont take to offence I am half curry and proud of it!!) it sounds like deve-nell... ha ha

If Madam Stumped wants to share any info that press does not know, she is more than welcome to share it with us. I think you will find a very appreciative crowd here. Dav must be a really happy man at the moment!

BTW, how come Stumped does not come to the forum regularly... It's always nice to read her posts!!!

Outswinger
March 28, 2007, 04:12 AM
But everything would be decided in BCCCI by 7th of April & Bangladesh still would be in West Indies playing their matches . So , Whatmore is out of question for a while ;

BANFAN
March 28, 2007, 04:45 AM
Ajke shobai bolbe keep Dav. Then when BD performs a bit silly in the next series, people will be calling for his head in these forums again. Whats the point of this poll? We've all seen it before. Thats how we came to know who Stumped is! Its not Dav's fault if we fans are so fickle

I don't think we have arrived in that situation yet. Dav got an extension last tme without much of success. But yes, once we get used to regular success, then the expectations will be higher and situation might change. I don't think we have attained that level yet.

We will have to wait to see, what we do in the test matches against India and srilanka later this year to assess our improvement of cricketing ability. If we pweform consistantly good for next 4/5 years, only after that probably we can think fans reacting in that manner. /:)

Miraz
March 28, 2007, 04:48 AM

Clarified in the first post. :)

BTW, I have only received one full name with quote. Another one or two would be better for the news.

Stumped
March 28, 2007, 05:09 AM
If Madam Stumped wants to share any info that press does not know, she is more than welcome to share it with us. I think you will find a very appreciative crowd here. Dav must be a really happy man at the moment!

BTW, how come Stumped does not come to the forum regularly... It's always nice to read her posts!!!

thanks! tis so nice to read! i come every now and again to read whats been going on.. had bit more time to write! Been a crazy few months as my mum and bro moved back to aussie and ive moved back at home.. so setting up etc etc

yes he is very happy with the success of the wc so far... he as well as many are proud! but bout the stuff press does not know that i do... pls understand there is only so much i can say. i will only correct the press if i know the truth... other wise i cant! sorry guys....

Imteaz
March 28, 2007, 05:15 AM
Dave Whatmore Should be Appointed Again for 2011 World Cup, If Whatmore Wants to Stay.

fwullah
March 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
Lets wait and see how Dav (indirectly; and players directly) does with Test Cricket. We have not played a Test match for over a year and there is bound to be some controversies regarding everything - our long term future, selection of certain players, techniques of certain players etc.

India will be coming to Bangladesh and they'll try their best to humiliate us.

Imteaz
March 28, 2007, 05:48 AM
Well, Thats True. I Forgot About Test. Dav Was Successfull in ODI, When He was The Coach of Srilanka. But He was Not That Successfull in Test. So.................We Should Wait for Sometimes and Watch about Our Test performance. Thanks Ms. fwullah.

Miraz
March 28, 2007, 06:03 AM
Well, Thats True. I Forgot About Test. Dav Was Successfull in ODI, When He was The Coach of Srilanka. But He was Not That Successfull in Test. So.................We Should Wait for Sometimes and Watch about Our Test performance. Thanks Mr. fwullah.

Make it Ms immediately before anyone see :)

Ahmed_B
March 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
...comments from the members as the "Bangladesh fan reaction"...
:)

Take my entire recent post named "Mentor of BD cricket-hype-reset-button" as my comments on Dav's coaching and its impact on BD cricket. I believe he is THE MOST SUITABLE Australian based coach for the subcontinental teams... and I explained why in that post.

And about if I want him to stay.. I am bit double-minded:

As an emotional FAN of BD cricket -I want him to stay as long as it takes him to Take BD among the top-4 teams in the world!!

But as a logical human being -I want him to take his own decision. There are several other teams who may want to pay him as much as 5 times of what BCB can best-afford. And considering that coaching is Dav's profession... I absolutely can't blame him if he takes up a much higher-paid job for any other team.

Imteaz
March 28, 2007, 07:04 AM
Make it Ms immediately before anyone see :)

fwullah is a Girl? OK. I am Very Sorry Ms. fwullah Sister.

Miraz
March 28, 2007, 07:13 AM
OK! news completed. :)

Miraz
March 28, 2007, 07:45 AM
This will be quick survey for BanglaCricket members.

I will write an exclusive news story on this which will be published in BC tour bulletin and also in CricketWorld. I will pick two or three comments from the members as the "Bangladesh fan reaction". Members willing to see their name in the news should write their full name after the comment.

The aim of the news will be to make BCB and world media aware about fan's expectation.

So, the question is

Do you want Whatmore to stay with Bangladesh after world cup?

Thanks for your comments and participation.

News published

BanglaCricket tour bulletin (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tour.php)
and
CricketWorld news (http://www.cricketworld.com/bangladesh/article/?aid=10384)

(Ahmed_B, your comment is missing in CricketWorld as I sent the story before your comment, it's present in our bulletin. :) )

akabir77
March 28, 2007, 09:51 AM
I can't ans on his behalf... I can only tell u what i think. Knowing Dad he does not just accept anything that comes his way. He talks it over with my mum and then myself and my brother. Its possible he may accept it if talks go well as to what they want and he want to bring to the team etc etc... but at this stage every team is open and anything is a possibility.

There is alot even the best team can learn and every coach brings something different to each team and its up to them to take it on. Yes im sure there is still alot he can bring to the Banga side provided he is listened to and everyone puts in the effort.
So stumps what can we do for you so that when Grand pa talks with you, tell him not to go there.. hi hi

You know what they do over there! the last coach was hit by the spectators. And look at us... we r so nice..

RazabQ
March 28, 2007, 10:08 AM
Guys while I know some of you are really keen on having Dav stay with BD, please be mindful of not posting any questions that would make Stumped feel like she is being asked matters which are private to her family. So far we have been just joking around and lets keep it at that ok? :)

Mod

pagol-chagol
March 28, 2007, 10:24 AM
by the way what time does tigers eye usually come online?

He spends 16 hours a day on Banglacricket.com because his wife doesn't allow more than that.

Tigers_eye
March 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
He spends 16 hours a day on Banglacricket.com because his wife doesn't allow more than that.
lol. good one. close. how about
"he spends 8 hours a day cause that all his boss would pay for." :lol:

akabir77
March 28, 2007, 11:33 AM
ghotona ki T_E rey khujey ken maiya T_E ki korsen taratari kon...

pagol-chagol
March 28, 2007, 12:18 PM
lol. good one. close. how about
"he spends 8 hours a day cause that all his boss would pay for." :lol:

LOL. Good one. Ami maiare indirectly janaia dilam je tumi bibahito.

_tiger_
March 28, 2007, 12:26 PM
amar jotota mone hoi Dav Whatmore nijei to INdia-te jaite chabena...

Tigers_eye
March 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
Sorry for the off Topic!!
kabir bhai,
apney ki amarey BanglaCricket thekey ber korey ditey chan naki? Apnar mukh ki korey bondho kora jai bolen tho? Kono bhabey leak hoiley ami shesh. PM your price.

Pagla baba,
amaro time ashbey. onek hari asey. jokhon tokhon bengge felbo. Tinta spy lagaisi. kaliakor expedition'a ki apney silen? Thanks for looking out for me, lol.

_tiger_
March 28, 2007, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the off Topic!!
kabir bhai,
apney ki amarey BanglaCricket thekey ber korey ditey chan naki? Apnar mukh ki korey bondho kora jai bolen tho? Kono bhabey leak hoiley ami shesh. PM your price.

Pagla baba,
amaro time ashbey. onek hari asey. jokhon tokhon bengge felbo. Tinta spy lagaisi. kaliakor expedition'a ki apney silen? Thanks for looking out for me, lol.

does this post related to this topic??:-/ :-|

Miraz
March 28, 2007, 12:52 PM
I am quite impressed to see the change of our mindset just after the WC success.

About 95% fans want Whatmore to stay, definitely lot higher than I expected.

Fortuner
March 28, 2007, 02:52 PM
Bangladesh should have Watmore till CWC2011 as he is the right person for further development of Bangladesh team. He is changed the attitude of the team which is simply great. He is a great great motivator and we cant let him go. We want him to stay with us. We high appreciate his work so far.

Ahsan Iqbal Khan

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2007, 03:01 PM
Nah, we need new thought, new angle, new approach, new breeze in the team to move up to next level of cricket. In 2011 our team will be in peak which means we got to master different method, different game plan, different approach as well as execution within that time, other than those we are grateful to Dav. So I say it will be better for us to get more matured, tough and consistent we should look for new coach after this WC.

i agree with you on that.

Tigers_eye
March 28, 2007, 03:16 PM

Jhon Wright or formar AUS captain will be nice as BD future coach I think, but please no Asian coach.
True the boys would need new approaches and new methods as they evolve to international cricketers, but what seems to puzzle me is the notion/thinking that Dav don't know any other method to improve these boys to a higher levels. He did work great with professionals like De Silva, Ranatunga etc.

The only thing I think he lacks is to punish the boys when it is necessary. I would have used canes and bamboos on them long time back. Sometimes the things that they do on the field makes me do :hairpull: . beth'er bari khailey Ashraful, S Nafees, Bashar shob think hoiye jabey. No more no shot offer lbws, no more silly runouts, no more lame catches. When we were growing up we were told "punishment is good for health".

allrounder
March 28, 2007, 03:27 PM
Tigers_eye, you want Bob Knight the college basketball coach from Texas Tech.

I think we should try to lobby for Ricky Ponting as our coach.

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
is S.R. Waugh available?

abdulw11
March 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
I think, well I hope, that Dav will stay on as Bangladesh coach. He has done a lot with Bangladesh, and I think that he will want to carry on and influence Bangladesh's growth into a major cricketing force.

allrounder
March 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
Getting Ricky Pointing as our coach we have chance to win World Cup 2011.

Shahjamal
March 28, 2007, 06:35 PM
I have no interest about who will be the next coach of India. If they want Dav and Dave prefered the job, Good luck to Dav. BD will think its own way to find a New One. If Dav wants to be with BD, just congratulation......Lets think about BD.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
I think 2 years. Still it needs to check how he can keep the momentum!

afrina
March 29, 2007, 06:59 AM
I hope he will stay some more day with BD team.

mhj007
March 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
i think we should try to keep him till 2011 wc,then we might win the world cup then,if not this year..:-)
Junior

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 01:01 AM
Will he?

Dhakablues
April 4, 2007, 01:39 AM
Nope. And he shouldnt... Period

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 02:21 AM

you playing mind games with us? ;)

WarWolf
April 4, 2007, 02:43 AM
Go to Whatmore directly and ask him.:floor: :floor:

BD-Shardul
April 4, 2007, 04:06 AM
NO.....

tiger_club
April 4, 2007, 05:31 AM
I think it will all depend on how tigers perform against India this May. I have to agree that Dav did a great job for the team but I think players are not performing according to the plan. There is no point blaming the coach coz we lost to Aus by 10 wickets then to kiwiz by 9 and what is next? We’ll loose to SA by 8 and so on.. When you fail the exam do you blame your teacher? I don't think so. If you don't work hard then you don't succeed. Obviously we are not working hard enough here.. we often forget that we are playing against the top 6 teams in the world who has more experience than us. How do you tackle your seniors? We need to use our brain not strength.. we are young and our brains are still developing so playing silly shots and doing silly bowls will not work against them..

Overall performance for BD so far very poor, our bowlers getting smashed, batsman not getting enough runs and fielding gone bad to worse. I think I mentioned before, one drop of catch can create a big drama..there you go.. I don’t think tigers will make it to semi but at least I want to see them try..we are loosing without fighting.. that’s a shame… all Indians are now laughing at us.. they think we did a fluke.. I am sure tigers will bounced back but when? I still have doubt..

Miraz
April 4, 2007, 05:40 AM
If we want to maintain the progress graph, we must try to keep Whatmore for at least another 2 years.

Otherwise, back road might be more prominent.

Miraz
April 4, 2007, 05:41 AM
Go to Whatmore directly and ask him.:floor: :floor:

As a daughter, she has got that opportunity.

Nothing funny here.

cricket_pagol
April 4, 2007, 05:51 AM

You should now better!!!

Ahmed_B
April 4, 2007, 07:09 AM
All we can say to answer the question... is whether we fans want him to stay or not.
Now whether he will actually stay or not... is only upon him to decide I guess. :)

WarWolf
April 4, 2007, 07:35 AM
As a daughter, she has got that opportunity.

Nothing funny here.

Sorry Miraz, I didnt know about she is the daughter of Whatmore. I should say sorry to her also.

Kabir
April 4, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ahhh Stumped, you know it already, don't you? :)

Don't know if he wants to stay, but I want him to stay of course. And knowing him, he likes taking challenges. If that's the case, he should know that there are still more things left for him to put in place in the team before he leaves.

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2007, 08:41 AM
The thread strated on the 19th of march, 2006 and all replies started on April 4th, 2007? what's up with that? :)

Zakir'rey pita!!

He would stay. This after knowing Chappell has resigned.

BangladeshCricket
April 4, 2007, 08:49 AM
Whatmore is a professional and very successful coach...our team found glory through him...there's ups and downs but that's reality...our team lacked professionalism...we have improved little bit but it's players fault that they can carry out instructions. I hope he will not be frustrated and going to scream "shide khel"...thought our batters can't even do that, they don't know how to take singles either! Now i realize how difficult it is for a coach to "teach" our players how to play a good cricket.

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 09:01 AM
The thread strated on the 19th of march, 2006 and all replies started on April 4th, 2007? what's up with that? :)

Zakir'rey pita!!

He would stay. This after knowing Chappell has resigned.

Finally I get caught :)

Good Tiger_eye !!

pocha
April 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
There is an article in cricinfo that this is a possiblity. What do you say guys?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288825.html

oracle
April 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
Tom Moody is a more appropriate choice and his success rate is impressive.
Dav will do well with upcoming sides and may not be suitable with sucha big name team.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 11:13 AM
Does anybody know when his contract with BD team getting over? Is it going to be renewed?

gravitY
April 4, 2007, 11:15 AM
i dont think neither Dav nor Moody would be interested for such a position, after what we saw with Chappel.

BANFAN
April 4, 2007, 11:21 AM
All rumours

Dav definitely not, they are going to have a local coach. That the players are also demanding.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 11:25 AM
You do not know how much money is involved, so they may be well interested after all I heard chappell used to earn something like $30000 per month and it did not seem chappell was willing to resign till Tendulkar lashed out at him.

i dont think neither Dav nor Moody would be interested for such a position, after what we saw with Chappel.

Dhakablues
April 4, 2007, 11:40 AM
Well,, today he gave an interview to CNN-IBN stating his explicit interest in coaching India. http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=2#tp3348
Not surprised,, he wanted to coach India for a long time,, and this is the perfect opportunity.

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
Well,, today he gave an interview to CNN-IBN stating his explicit interest in coaching India. http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=2#tp3348
Not surprised,, he wanted to coach India for a long time,, and this is the perfect opportunity.

Well ... seems he is up for India ...

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2007, 11:55 AM
I did not register at bdnews24. Can you summarise what was asked and said?

sadi
April 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
I did not register at bdnews24. Can you summarise what was asked and said?

Here it is:

Bangladeshi cricket coach Dav Whatmore has given clear indications that he is ready to take over as the coach of the Indian cricket team. "If given an opportunity I will coach the Indian cricket team. I understand the Asian cricket mentality well," he told private news channel CNN-IBN in an exclusive interview in West Indies on Wednesday.

BANFAN
April 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
Many are interested and money is also big, but India will not go for a foreign coach for sure. The old and current players are almost united on the issue. It will be tough job for BCCI to get such agenda through.

BostonTigers
April 4, 2007, 12:11 PM

I read about it also on bdnews24. Looks like he might just go to India. The Indian cricket board would not mind having Whatmore as their coach. Looks like we might very soon loose Whatmore as coach. It will be a sad thing for BD cricket if he goes.

Nasif
April 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
If Whatmore leaves then McInnes is our best option. I would still prefer Whatmore for at least another 2 years.

If he does leave after the WC, then he will definitely leave on high note. Thanks for a job well done.

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
If this happens, will the India team be accompanied by Dav in their May Tour of BD?

Nasif
April 4, 2007, 12:22 PM
Merged most of the "Stay/Leave Whatmore" threads that popped up within last few days.

WarWolf
April 4, 2007, 12:28 PM
If Whatmore leaves then McInnes is our best option. I would still prefer Whatmore for at least another 2 years.

If he does leave after the WC, then he will definitely leave on high note. Thanks for a job well done.

If Whatmore doesnt leave then it would be good for BD cricket. But if he leaves I also prefer McInnes. Just wondering if he would like to come BD as coach as he is tied up with Aussi team now. If he comes then it would be a wonderful thing.

Nasif
April 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
If Whatmore doesnt leave then it would be good for BD cricket. But if he leaves I also prefer McInnes. Just wondering if he would like to come BD as coach as he is tied up with Aussi team now. If he comes then it would be a wonderful thing.

I am sure if he is offered the national team job, then he would certainly come. McInnes does visit the forum. We can hear from him if we are lucky :)

TheWatcher
April 4, 2007, 12:33 PM
If this happens, will the India team be accompanied by Dav in their May Tour of BD?
DW is contracted with us until June. Although he has a get out clause in his contract and can leave the team anytime he wants, I hope he will honor his contract for the full period. Not that I think BD team will miss him a lot or we don't have short time replacement for him, but I don't want to see him joining the India camp and disclosing all the weak points of our team before the India series.

Even if he does not get the India job somehow, BCB should let him go after June. Once again he gave clear indication that he does not have his heart in Bangladesh job, there is no point trying to allure him to stay with us for another two years.

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 12:39 PM

So do you think it is possible for your to put up a fit, or something else to make em stay with us? I can introduce you to Sahrukh Khan if thats your motive towards India ;).

Jokes aside, I was really astonished that after so many years in this sub-continent, I thought Dav would know the Indians and Pakis well enough to steer clear of them. Just a very wild guess ... maybe the Essel group's "parallel-BCCI" has something to do with this.

Miraz
April 4, 2007, 12:40 PM
I will wait to see the interview that BDNews is claiming to be published in more reliable media outlets before commenting.

If he decides to leave, he deserves a standing ovation from BD fan.

"He is the savior of Bangladesh Cricket".

WarWolf
April 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
I am sure if he is offered the nation team job, then he would certainly come. McInnes does visit the forum. We can hear from him if we are lucky :)

Just would love to hear from him. Would we be that lucky?

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
nasif bhaia,
ei thread mix up koira ekta boro gondogol pakaiso. She didn't make the poll. Pita Zakir'rey pita!! shob gondogol'er mul.

Maiya aishey khepbo kintu.

Nasif
April 4, 2007, 01:28 PM
nasif bhaia,
ei thread mix up koira ekta boro gondogol pakaiso. She didn't make the poll. Pita Zakir'rey pita!! shob gondogol'er mul.

Maiya aishey khepbo kintu.

[বাংলা]পোল বানাইছে মিরাজ ভাই (অন্য এক থ্রেডে)। সব একসাথে মার্জের পর, পোলও চলে আসছে। :)[/বাংলা]

Don
April 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
I will wait to see the interview that BDNews is claiming to be published in more reliable media outlets before commenting.

Looks like a pretty reliable source to me.
http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/24192/whatmore-ready-to-coach-india.html

Looks like "Stumped" is going to get stumped by SRK. Nevermind I am a big fan of him too, we can watch SRK movies together :)

bangloboy
April 4, 2007, 02:27 PM
Just saw a breaking news posting by bdnews24 that Dav might be eyeing the Indian coaching position since Chappell has quit! :(

Please see following article:

Dav Whatmore wants to coach Indian Team

Bangladesh cricket coach Dav Whatmore has given clear indications that he is ready to take over as the coach of the Indian cricket team. "If given an opportunity I will coach the Indian cricket team. I understand the Asian cricket mentality well," he told private news channel CNN-IBN in an exclusive interview in West Indies Wednesday.

What are we going to do?!

cricman
April 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
let him gooooooooooo! Thank you for everything that you've done now leaveeeee! Tell me a coach that wouldn't want to coach a bunch of teenagers and players that are barley over 20, that can possibly be the best team in One Day cricket by 2011. Finding a good coach wouldn't be that hard.

akabir77
April 4, 2007, 02:33 PM
good for him and this might be blessing in disguise. we need to contact Mcinns...

tanvir_nus
April 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
Almost couldn't believe my eyes when i was reading it, although it was speculated for a long time nothing substantial of this sort was ever published in my opinion. But incase he goes, we need a coach even better than him. But my first preference will be for him to stay, and stay motivated for taking us even further.

.................................................. ...........................................

'If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested'
Whatmore keen to coach India
Cricinfo staff
April 4, 2007

Dav Whatmore, Bangladesh's coach, has expressed interest in coaching India. "If the opportunity comes along surely any person who is a professional coach and prides himself in doing a good job would be interested in coaching the Indian team," Whatmore said in an interview with the television channel CNN-IBN. "If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested."

the rest @ http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288902.html

tonoy
April 4, 2007, 04:20 PM
hmm oh man I guess if he wants to go there, then theres no one who can stop him. Im dissappointed with whatmore of not giving his full intererest to the bangladesh side. Maybe he isnt the best coach for bangladesh then?

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
let him go if he wants. we need a new coach anyways. i knew he would jump on an indian offer the moment it came his way, and there's nothing wrong with that. he's a professional and will do what he thinks is best for his career. besides, he's been with us long enough and we need a new mind to take us ahead. no hard feelings at all - he's done wonders for us.

btw, i'm one of the ten that voted for the third option, that too a long time ago :)

FaridpurChicago
April 4, 2007, 05:12 PM
"If the opportunity comes along surely any person who is a professional coach and prides himself in doing a good job would be interested in coaching the Indian team," Whatmore said in an interview with the television channel CNN-IBN. "If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested."

---
Stil the WC is not over and see where his attention is.

---
Bob Woolmer re deikhe o jodi shikh kha na hoy, tobe ar ki korar ache? shikh kha daoa chara.:o<O:p</O:p
(If he doesn't learn from the example of Bob Woolmer then what we can do apart from giving him similar lessons.)<O:p</O:p

Kabir
April 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
Okay, seriously, I don't see any problem if he wants to leave. He needs to make his living, and also do that by doing things that he likes. There's no legal issues here that he needs to rethink. It's completely his decision, and I'm glad he's ready to take the challenge.

If Bangladesh management wants to hold on to him, they have to make it worth while for him to stay. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for him to stay.

Let us just thank him for his contribution to Bangladesh cricket, let him leave with a happy face, and let us say bye with a happy face.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 05:25 PM
Bob Woolmer re deikhe o jodi shikh kha na hoy, tobe ar ki korar ache? shikh kha daoa chara.:o<O:p</O:p
(If he doesn't learn from the example of Bob Woolmer then what we can do apart from giving him similar lessons.)<O:p</O:p

What lessons are you talking about?

al Furqaan
April 4, 2007, 05:31 PM
well said ATMR...

DW has done a terriffic job in his 4 years here...and its time we get someone else. my first guess would be to get McInnes...of course the reason he went back home was for his family...but lets throw as much cash his way and see if makes it worthwhile...BD cricket could use whatever it was that that guy had.

FaridpurChicago
April 4, 2007, 05:39 PM
Okay, seriously, I don't see any problem if he wants to leave. He needs to make his living, and also do that by doing things that he likes. There's no legal issues here that he needs to rethink. It's completely his decision, and I'm glad he's ready to take the challenge.

If Bangladesh management wants to hold on to him, they have to make it worth while for him to stay. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for him to stay.

Let us just thank him for his contribution to Bangladesh cricket, let him leave with a happy face, and let us say bye with a happy face.

I don't mind him leaving but he should not say something so openly when the team is engaged in the middle of a crucial time.

Just take it as an example of your job here. Say, you are the project manager and in the final and crucial stage of the project you are declaring "I'm joining a better firm". Definitely your current firm won't take it easily as this will affect seriously on the people involved in the project. They'll hold your 401k, last pay as a compensation. You'll never get a good referral from this firm. Your future firm won't hire you if they know it.

TheWatcher
April 4, 2007, 05:50 PM

Professionalism !!! FaridpurChicago already gave a good example how unprofessional it sounds. Do you have any idea how DW's announcement that he wants to jump the ship may affect his relation with players at this point ?

Many people asked Tom Moody whether he will take the England job after WC, and his reply was that he will think about it after WC, right now his only concern is SL- this is what called professionalism, not jumping up and down for something that is not yet offered to you.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 05:57 PM
Professionalism !!! FaridpurChicago already gave a good example how unprofessional it sounds. Do you have any idea how DW's announcement that he wants to jump the ship may affect his relation with players at this point ?

Many people asked Tom Moody whether he will take the England job after WC, and his reply was that he will think about it after WC, right now his only concern is SL- this is what called professionalism, not jumping up and down for something that is not yet offered to you.

I think he could nt wait longer, he might have thought if he keeps his mouth shut the job will be taken by someone else. Money speaks man! BCCB cant pay him 30 grands for sure.

layperson
April 4, 2007, 06:00 PM
FRom readiing the cricinfo article it is very evident that Whatmore wants to take the India job if it is offered to him. There is nothing wrong in that, it is his life and he can choose to take decisions which he deems best for him and his family. However as some members already mentioned the very fact that he said it in the middle of our WC journey reeks of unprofessionalism. Now even if India do not offer him the job I would not want him to stay back and I would strongly suggest BCB to not renew his contract. However I was one of the people who voted to have Whatmore continue. The fact that he might be more interested in some other job makes me think he will not be able to do a good job with Bangladesh even if we continue with him. It is best for both parties to part ways amicably now and give him an honourable farewell for his services but it is time to let him go even if India do not choose him. I have a feeling India will not offer Whatmore the coaching job so BCB should be prepared to tell him that they do not wish to renew the contract with him and look for an alternative. Also since he has done a world of good for the BD team he should be given a proper farewell that he deserves.

FaridpurChicago
April 4, 2007, 06:01 PM
I think he could nt wait longer, he might have thought if he keeps his mouth shut the job will be taken by someone else. Money speaks man! BCCB cant pay him 30 grands for sure.

We can call him money maker, not professional.

Miraz
April 4, 2007, 06:02 PM
I have to agree with TheWatcher, this is really unprofessional attitude from Dav.

I have got a feeling, he just threw the hat a bit early, I don't see him as India coach in near future.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
well i agree that speaking up in the middle of a tournament when you're already employed by someone else reeks of unprofessionalism and raises questions on the guy's motivation. he's done it twice now.

FaridpurChicago
April 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
FRom readiing the cricinfo article it is very evident that Whatmore wants to take the India job if it is offered to him. There is nothing wrong in that, it is his life and he can choose to take decisions which he deems best for him and his family. However as some members already mentioned the very fact that he said it in the middle of our WC journey reeks of unprofessionalism. Now even if India do not offer him the job I would not want him to stay back and I would strongly suggest BCB to not renew his contract. However I was one of the people who voted to have Whatmore continue. The fact that he might be more interested in some other job makes me think he will not be able to do a good job with Bangladesh even if we continue with him. It is best for both parties to part ways amicably now and give him an honourable farewell for his services but it is time to let him go even if India do not choose him. I have a feeling India will not offer Whatmore the coaching job so BCB should be prepared to tell him that they do not wish to renew the contract with him and look for an alternative. Also since he has done a world of good for the BD team he should be given a proper farewell that he deserves.

I do support you. If BCB wants to act like professional firm then this is the only act they are left with.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
well said ATMR...

DW has done a terriffic job in his 4 years here...and its time we get someone else. my first guess would be to get McInnes...of course the reason he went back home was for his family...but lets throw as much cash his way and see if makes it worthwhile...BD cricket could use whatever it was that that guy had.

yeah. throw in as much cash as you can for mcinnes, and then for troy cooley. mcinnes and troy cooley - oh baby! that's like a dream management team already!

money shouldn't be a problem; we have quite a rich board to take care of financial issues. pay for mcinnes' kids' schooling too, if needed. help him move his family to bangladesh. put effigy burners behind bars. 14 years.

if you can't get mcinnes, get steve waugh.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 06:12 PM
Strangely the poll shows 65% of the people wants him till WC 2011 while I am in that 11% group. Is this an old poll ? If yes, we should get a new poll now in light of Dav's new intention. Can someone update the poll please or is it that 65% of ppl still wants him to continue till WC 2011.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
pocha, yes, this is an old poll. yet, i had voted for the third option when it was opened. we need a new mind to lead us from here. salute whatmore and bid him good luck and good bye.

captain_thinking_tank
April 4, 2007, 06:17 PM

Well said. :up:
Doesn't matter who will be our next coach after WC, BCB shouldn't renew contract with him.
Farewell Dav: You've earned it. :wave:

pocha
April 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
pocha, yes, this is an old poll. yet, i had voted for the third option when it was opened. we need a new mind to lead us from here. salute whatmore and bid him good luck and good bye.

I salute you bro for your foresight which none of us had. In fact I voted only today after the incident. Seems like both BD and Ind is going to lose their coach, definitely for different reasons. Now what happens if India does not even offer Whatmore the job, he would be in no mans land. Such a fool he is I never thought.

Protic
April 4, 2007, 06:22 PM
Well.. guys .. actually HE IS very professional. Last time when india was looking for a coach.. DAV even submitted some projects to BCCI..for the Coaching job..but Chappel got it. SO Dav was always interested..and hey ..even after he didnt got the job..look what he did to us..he introduced us with "victories" ..He didnt had the attitude.. like " duh no india job..to hell with bangladesh ".. And if he's interested on coaching India..he did what he thought was right to do..nothing bad.

And Steve Waugh for us aint bad.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 06:29 PM
And Steve Waugh for us aint bad.

Yes Steve Waugh would be a much better professional than Dav.

cricket_pagol
April 4, 2007, 06:30 PM

Agree completely!!!!

My first reaction was "If Dav wants to leave, he should leave... we don't want to beg him to stay". I expected that he would want to stay and finish the job that he started.

Aritro
April 4, 2007, 06:38 PM
I have no qualms about him leaving the job as IMO he isn't deserving of the plaudits that seem to have come his way after the India match. My only worry is that we might find it hard to find a top class coach to replace him. Coaching Bangladesh is still not a prospect the best people in the field might find attractive.

cricman
April 4, 2007, 06:38 PM
Hire Chappell! I'm telling you he'll do wonders with our team. His #1 priority would be to better than India at all costs. He'd give Hablu the Axe ASAP and he won't mess with Rafique. Also Ashraful will be fixed (Whatmore was his harshest critic, opening etc).

pocha
April 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hire Chappell! I'm telling you he'll do wonders with our team. His #1 priority would be to better than India at all costs. He'd give Hablu the Axe ASAP and he won't mess with Rafique. Also Ashraful will be fixed (Whatmore was his harshest critic, opening etc).

Hahahaha....the best post so far, never thought about it. I think chappell will be in a fury now to teach the Indians a lesson :D

tonoy
April 4, 2007, 06:43 PM
yeah lets get chappel.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 06:44 PM
I have no qualms about him leaving the job as IMO he isn't deserving of the plaudits that seem to have come his way after the India match. My only worry is that we might find it hard to find a top class coach to replace him. Coaching Bangladesh is still not a prospect the best people in the field might find attractive.

unfortunately, we can't hire the best coach in the history of the game anymore. i'm sure he would've accepted the offer if he was alive.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 06:47 PM

No!! we are an upcoming side and many coaches will gain in the long term if they can improve us further. Problem is money, whether we can pay that person enough, the sole reason Dav leaving us and joining India. If Dav was paid handsomely like Chappell he would not have left BD.

BDCL
April 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
Whatmore said in an interview with the television channel CNN-IBN. "If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested."

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288902.html

What a timing by our coach? Now I know why Tamim, Aftab or Ash plays the way they do and through away their wkts in crucial time of any game. It is because of the utter unprofessionalism demonstrated by Dav. Well, he is free to explore his own future, but could he not wait until our remaining 4 games are over?

So, what can we expect from our young players in the next few games?

It was my pleasure and one of the most exciting (happy, if I may say so) nights at West Indies when I met BD players at Trinidad after the big win against India. These are very young and imotional bunch of guys and I can tell you from 1st hand experience that they are in a sad state of mind after knowing Dav's inner intention.

May be, BCB should do a "Chappell" on Dav.

pocha
April 4, 2007, 06:59 PM
I hate India now because they think that they are a cricket superpower and with money they can buy anything even our coach.

TheWatcher
April 4, 2007, 07:00 PM
I think best choices for us right now are Geoff Marsh (ex coach- Australia, Zimbabwe) and John Wright (ex coach- India). BCB should also consider ECB Academy coach Peter Moores, he seems to be a very positive minded person with lots of experience working with youngsters- someone that fits the requirement of Bangladesh coach well.

cricman
April 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
There is 1 way to keep DW, win a couple games after the SA game one or Beat SA and win a few more games :)

pocha
April 4, 2007, 07:29 PM
hehe Dav is now declining to make any comment about india....see we fans have worked wonders on him or did he get a bashing from a BCB administrator...how funny you just said something in the morning on record and you decline it in the evening...then why did you said so in the first place...perhaps he realised his mistake but he clearly showed his intention..shall we forgive Dav guys?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259664

layperson
April 4, 2007, 07:44 PM
hehe Dav is now declining to make any comment about india....see we fans have worked wonders on him or did he get a bashing from a BCB administrator...how funny you just said something in the morning on record and you decline it in the evening...then why did you said so in the first place...perhaps he realised his mistake but he clearly showed his intention..shall we forgive Dav guys?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259664

You are looking at it from a very wrong angle. Whatmore has not committed any mistake that we need to forgive him. Infact I am happy he let the world and more especially us know about his intentions early on and does not matter if he declines to make comments now. The fact of the matter is his mind is elsewhere so he needs to be given a farewell. At no cost should we retain Whatmore now after this WC after his intentions became clear.

I will go as far as to say that even if we win the World cup from here on we should ask Whatmore to look elsewhere and give him a fitting farewell. This is the only right option that BCB has now. Anything else that makes him stay back will not allow our team to grow as rapidly as it can. Now the question is who can we bring in as a replacement and names have sprung up already regarding that. For me, I am not sure yet who would be suitable for the job but definitely not Greg Chappel and that is for sure.

Don
April 4, 2007, 07:46 PM

Dont ever think of getting Chappell, he will ruin your cricket and take it back to 10 yrs down the memory lane :) If you are seriously contemplating about getting Chappell, look what he said about Bangladesh cricket 2 years back.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2004/12/16/stories/2004121605162100.htm

Dav is your best bet till 2011 World Cup and you can just hope he stays on, dont crucify him in a haste :)

tanvir_nus
April 4, 2007, 07:52 PM
Dav Whatmore has been a hero in bangladesh for long, he is bigger than the cricketers (billboards lying everywhere in the cities), if he has given us with "victories" or atleast the taste of it then we have also given a lot of things. After so many things, I still can't believe he came up with this kind of a comment in an ongoing tournament. It's simply disgraceful for such a great man. I also think he has lost the drive to win, he gave it all when he was Sri Lanka's coach for 96 and after that his innovative skills have almost died down. He is no longer the tactical genius he was when he first took over.

His intentions are clear, and I think we need to see the same from BCCB. I wonder how motivated he will be even if he stays after this comment, in either case I don't want him as our coach after his contract expires. We have plenty of time after the World Cup to start looking for a fresh candidate.
I don't think Steve Waugh is ready to start coaching us or any team for that matter, we can't just make him unless he shows some interest as well.
I wanna make an assistant coach, and he should be a bangladeshi. Groom him alonside the Coach. My candidate is Aminul Islam, he has learnt his lessons from the Australian academy and I think he has got the best cricket had among the previous generations of bangladeshi players.
And for the main coach, I for sure don't want to see Wright/Moody/Any Pakistani/Any Indian/Any Sri Lankan, but someone like Waugh mentaly and a Tactical genius like Moody... I think our best pick is as rightly pointed out by many is McInnes. But the chances of getting him are also bleak (remember he gave up the job n went back), but if BCCB gets him or Some well established coach-must be young entusiastic and most importantly PATIENT, we are back on track and Whatmore's exit may actually work for the best for the future of Bangladeshi Cricket.

Going back to Whatmore, my message to the fans is that please pay due respect, shouldn't have ended like this but he has been a father-figure and really the turning point in bangladeshi cricket along with another much controversial figure (Bashar). But the road ends here, we need to go even further, and there is no way we can reach there with Dav or Bashar.

Duck
April 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
He is a professional! He had given more than 100% for the BD team. I believe he would do the same whether he remains only for this short stint during the World Cup. I believe he has the right to express his opinion.

If he wants to go for the Ind Coaching Job, let him go. Every international coach has the desire to work with Ind Team. I dont find anything wrong in that.

If he quits BD job, there would be a good bunch of people, who would be really excited to work with our Talented and Young Team. Dont worry.

He has become a Father Figure for BD Team. We would hire another Uncle Figure for BD team! :)

I regret that you expressed your feelings like this :"May be, BCB should do a "Chappell" on Dav." This is the mirror image of an ungrateful fan! Sorry mate, this is really deplorable? After all his service, how did you think like that?

nmhimal
April 4, 2007, 08:24 PM
Dear fellow forum members, as bdnews24.com and cricinfo.com Bangladesh cricket coach Dav Whatmore told Indian media that he is ready to take over as the coach of the Indian cricket team. It’s really bad news for our cricket.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
As bdnews24.com
<O:p</O:p

Sumon K Chakrabarti

New Delhi, April 4 (bdnews24.com) - Bangladesh cricket coach Dav Whatmore has given clear indications that he is ready to take over as the coach of the Indian cricket team.

"If given an opportunity I will coach the Indian cricket team. I understand the Asian cricket mentality well," he told private news channel CNN-IBN in an exclusive interview in West Indies Wednesday.

Whatmore's ambitions to coach India came after fellow Australian Greg Chappell resigned from his post as coach of the Indian cricket team Wednesday evening.

"Any person who is a professional coach would be interested in coaching India.

"If there is a possibility, I will take it."

But he said coaching India would be more difficult than any assignment he has taken up so far because of the popularity of the game in the country.

"It is a difficult task. The sheer weight that the fans give to the game in India is a distraction. It would be easy to forget simple task like winning a game and ensure success," said the man who has coached Sri lanka to world cup glory before taking up his present assignment with Bangladesh.

Whatmore stressed that he was now "wholly engrossed" in getting the Bangladesh team to do well, but believes that since he was born in Sri Lanka, it gives him a "mental edge over any other foreign coach" to bring success to a team like India.

Commenting on recent demands that Sachin Tendulkar should step down from the Indian team, the stocky Australian also said Sachin "should not be judged by his recent failures".

"A batsman like Sachin knows when to stop and I feel that he still has some good cricket left in him," Whatmore said.

Sumon K Chakrabarti, senior special correspondent with CNN-IBN, writes exclusively for bdnews24.com.

cricinfo link is
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288902.html
</O:p</O:p

uss01
April 4, 2007, 08:44 PM
If this is true, the timing of the statement is totally inappropriate. Nothing wrong with having his own career goals, but to openly express them while your team is still in the world cup, must be demoralizing for the players! Should have just kept his mouth shut!

Maybe he's fed up with BD players and this is outlet ( to make public statements about joining other teams)?

Nasif
April 4, 2007, 08:46 PM
I have just finished merging what seemed to be 6/7 threads of "Dav moving to India"!

Please guys, look around a bit before opening threads, you certainly aren't the first one to read the news.

BDCL
April 4, 2007, 08:46 PM
Duck,
You have certainly misunderstood me. You are certainly entitled to your opinion; but it is not necessarily the fact. Of courses, Dav has done a great deal for the BD Cricket and I, as a fan, always appreciated and acknowledged his contribution and I had expressed my respect and gratitude to him in person while I was in West Indies.</ST1:p Yes, he is the architect of his own career and I do not have any issue or problem should he decides to cross the border or any place else. My point is - he could have waited a few days, at least until our remaining 4 games are finished, before announcing to the whole world that he has given up on Tigers and are keen to move on to more lucrative opportunities.

<O:p</O:pAnd how did you think like that? Well, when you are a professional, you abide by certain ethics and principle, you are the leader of the team, the guide, the mentor, the motivator, the father figure etc. etc. etc. and you had just expressed that you are bailing out/abandoning your sons/followers while your sons/followers are just going through the most challenging times of their lives.

<O:p</O:pUnfortunately, I could not agree with you and I am not an ungrateful fan

Duck
April 4, 2007, 09:25 PM
Duck,
You have certainly misunderstood me. You are certainly entitled to your opinion; but it is not necessarily the fact. Of courses, Dav has done a great deal for the BD Cricket and I, as a fan, always appreciated and acknowledged his contribution and I had expressed my respect and gratitude to him in person while I was in West Indies.</ST1:p Yes, he is the architect of his own career and I do not have any issue or problem should he decides to cross the border or any place else. My point is - he could have waited a few days, at least until our remaining 4 games are finished, before announcing to the whole world that he has given up on Tigers and are keen to move on to more lucrative opportunities.

<O:p</O:pAnd how did you think like that? Well, when you are a professional, you abide by certain ethics and principle, you are the leader of the team, the guide, the mentor, the motivator, the father figure etc. etc. etc. and you had just expressed that you are bailing out/abandoning your sons/followers while your sons/followers are just going through the most challenging times of their lives.

<O:p</O:pUnfortunately, I could not agree with you and I am not an ungrateful fan

I understand your emotion, my point is: Is it unprofessional to look for a new job when you are employed in a place already? Most people will not quit their current job and become jobless and then find a new one! He is 100% professional. He will give his 100% as long as he stays with the team.

He has done wonder for us. But BD team will move on to the next level with or without him. No doubt.

Stumped
April 4, 2007, 10:00 PM
I can introduce you to Sahrukh Khan if thats your motive towards India ;).

You are my new best friend!!!!!!!!!!

Stumped
April 4, 2007, 10:09 PM
Stil the WC is not over and see where his attention is.

Where would ur attention be with a contract expiring, a family to feed and a mortgage? I can gurantee his heart is fully with the bangla boys so there is no need to worry about it.. when u are leaving one job for the next do u slack off just cos u are leaving? I hope not...

Stumped
April 4, 2007, 10:16 PM
You guys are totaly over-reacting!!!!!!!! chill out...

BJ56
April 4, 2007, 10:17 PM
Unprofessional behavior.

In all sports during playoffs or at the end of the season, many coaches see the prospect of upgrading their position to a better team when another coach leaves or gets fired. However, they generally stay quiet until their team finishes their run during that season and then make public comments.

The reason is that they have a responsibility to the team and such comments can affect morale.

Whatmore must be afraid that his silence might result in the Indian board overlooking him when selecting a coach. While it may be practical, it is not professional.

Thunder
April 4, 2007, 10:18 PM
Its clear that Dav wants to go and i think India will be more than happy to take him as their coach. From the list of the coaches that they are considering, Dav is the best in this business.

Our board should start now to look for a new coach who will be suitable for our condition.

Kabir
April 4, 2007, 10:31 PM
Just take it as an example of your job here. Say, you are the project manager and in the final and crucial stage of the project you are declaring "I'm joining a better firm". Definitely your current firm won't take it easily as this will affect seriously on the people involved in the project. They'll hold your 401k, last pay as a compensation. You'll never get a good referral from this firm. Your future firm won't hire you if they know it.

First, and foremost, this is not unprofessional at all. What leads you to think Tom Moody's approach is professional and Dav's one isn't? Dav hasn't left the team yet, and he hasn't given anything up yet. He hasn't done anything other then simply mention about his intention...which I think is great because he is giving the indication to the management before leaving the job. He is probably helping BCB by mentioning this early...so that our lazy management can do something to get a new coach! Do you think after saying this BCB will stick with him? I don't think so!

These kinds of things always happen...and just because he mentioned something of this sort doesn't mean he'll start having friction with the team. No, that's the wrong way to put it. I just hope the players don't feel the same way you guys do...because this, in professional standards, is acceptable.

As to FC's question about whether I'ld mention something of this sort during the last phase of the project I'm managing...bro, I think that is the best thing to mention at the last phase of the project. You're not keeping the project members in dark by giving them false hopes...but by saying this, you're not creating a space b/w yourself and the other members. You're just making your intentions clear...in other words, you're being brutally honest. It's time that we learn how to live with such honesty...will help in real life!

Beamer
April 4, 2007, 10:32 PM
My personal belief is no coach should stay longer than four years. After a while the players get tuned out . DW has done the initial hard work and for us to take the next step, we have to find someone else new with different approach and ideas. Another three/four years will be too long regardless of what he said about his interest about the India job. I also find it troublesome that he would make such a comment smack in the middle of the WC. He could have approached it like Tom Moody. In any case, we should not renew the contract.
We need a bowling coach. This is overdue. If you watch the WC, you will see how bowlers are using variation to achieve maximum means. Our bowlers, Mashrafee included, are very much lacking in the intricacies of slower bowls, yorkers etc. If we want to develop our pacers to intl standard so they can compete day in and day out, we have to make sure that a very good bowling coach is hired along with the coach. I will prefer a younger, dedicated, motivating, not- a - big name, yet professional coach to take over.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 10:35 PM
You are looking at it from a very wrong angle. Whatmore has not committed any mistake that we need to forgive him. Infact I am happy he let the world and more especially us know about his intentions early on and does not matter if he declines to make comments now. The fact of the matter is his mind is elsewhere so he needs to be given a farewell. At no cost should we retain Whatmore now after this WC after his intentions became clear.

I will go as far as to say that even if we win the World cup from here on we should ask Whatmore to look elsewhere and give him a fitting farewell. This is the only right option that BCB has now. Anything else that makes him stay back will not allow our team to grow as rapidly as it can. Now the question is who can we bring in as a replacement and names have sprung up already regarding that. For me, I am not sure yet who would be suitable for the job but definitely not Greg Chappel and that is for sure.

exactly. there are no hard feelings. he's done for bangladesh cricket what no coach has ever been able to do before him.

in my opinion, as i have been saying all along, we need someone new to take us to the next level from here. dav's been around for a while and he's done an excellent job. however, coaches don't stay forever, and a change right now could do us a hell lot of good. this has absolutely nothing to do with whether dav wants to stay with us or not.

the only objection is the way he publicly announces his intentions of coaching india in the middle of a tour every now and then. while there is no question that he will be as dedicated as he was on day 1 on this job even if he decides to leave us, such announcements do send out the wrong kind of message, and while it doesn't matter what fans or the media think, it does bear the possibility of having a negative effect on the players. it's ok for him to look for a new job, but you can always contact other employers personally, and at the end of your contract, let your current boss know that you are not seeking an extension.

Stumped
April 4, 2007, 10:44 PM
oh my gosh.. this happens all the time... not just in cricket... and as its not long till his contract ends has the board said anything to him stayin or leaving.. Im not sayin i know anything cos i dont... but seriously what is one to do if his boss does not tell him in a few months if he is going to be out of a job or not..??

Kabir
April 4, 2007, 10:49 PM
oh my gosh.. this happens all the time... not just in cricket... and as its not long till his contract ends has the board said anything to him stayin or leaving.. Im not sayin i know anything cos i dont... but seriously what is one to do if his boss does not tell him in a few months if he is going to be out of a job or not..??

Agreed.

And if the management said it, I wonder what people will argue. May be they'll say, oh management shouldn't have done it...now Dav won't pay attention to his job.

Funny!

SMHasan
April 4, 2007, 10:51 PM
I didn't like the way Dav responded. It is not expected that he makes any comment on his renewal while the team is playing in the WC. And most importantly BCB have not spoken with him regarding this.

BTW his comments showed he is not willing to continue with us anymore. If that is the case then I think he is not performing his current duties properly. I got a strong feeling.

oracle
April 4, 2007, 10:53 PM
Our bowlers, Mashrafee included, are very much lacking in the intricacies of slower bowls, yorkers etc. If we want to develop our pacers to intl standard so they can compete day in and day out, we have to make sure that a very good bowling coach is hired along with the coach. I will prefer a younger, dedicated, motivating, not- a - big name, yet professional coach to take over.

Agree. The management needs to look at the finer details of our coaching, i.e specialist coaches. Masrafee needs a bowling coach. There was talk of roping in Andy Roberts but seems it did not materialise.

I think the issue of Dave leaving is being overblown i.e making a mountain out of a molehill. I have confidence the board and Dave will plan the shift properly.

Stumped
April 4, 2007, 10:53 PM
again i ask the question... if u are leaving one job for another do u slack off before leaving to the new job? If u do than thats a sad thing to do... my father is not slacking off.. frustrated yes because the boys have soooo much talent that they are not using at the moment. They are in a ditch and have to get out of it. It happened in cricket... but he will not give up on them...

ammark
April 4, 2007, 10:56 PM
Well the guy's a professional, and if I was in his shoes, I wouldnt have my conscience bugging me in speaking to a newsman on how I'd receive a "better" opportunity. BCB is one slacker of an organisation at times, and reading today's Daily Star article on BCB's contract with Cricket Australia is enough to convince me Dav did nothing wrong in publicly stating his mind.

I doubt there's anything more he can imbibe in our players to perform differently. The aggression, attitude and enthusiasm on the field has to be led by the captain, and sadly Bashar has not done that since we beat India.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2007, 10:58 PM

no one's telling him not to go looking for a job. one can even do that by contacting cricket board officials over the phone/email. however, he could do better by not making such announcements in public in the middle of a tournament. that's all. please don't get me wrong here - i'm not saying this is a huge issue and will lead to us getting thrashed against ireland (theoretically, that could still happen, but definitely not because of this). :) all i'm saying is that public announcements can wait.

Stumped
April 4, 2007, 10:59 PM
Dav Whatmore, Bangladesh's coach, has expressed interest in coaching India. "If the opportunity comes along surely any person who is a professional coach and prides himself in doing a good job would be interested in coaching the Indian team," Whatmore said in an interview with the television channel CNN-IBN. "If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested."
Whatmore, an Australian, has done wonders with subcontinental teams. He was at the helm when Sri Lanka won the World Cup in 1996 and has coached Bangladesh to some impressive wins against big opponents.
Greg Chappell's decision not to renew his contract in the wake of India's early exit from the World Cup prompted worries that no foreign coach might be interested in the job. But Whatmore is prepared to pick up the gauntlet. "Firstly any job is a challenge. I have taken up pretty good challenges in the last 10 years and this will be another big challenge. There is huge passion for the game in India. It is a big religion there and there is enormous pressure on the team.
"To get the best out of players is a challenge and to work with the selectors who have the best interest of the game in their heart represent challenge, which is very interesting. Perhaps there are more distractions there. The sheer weight of interest of the media be it electronic or print the huge popularity with the individuals, they all are distraction to a point," he said.
Apart from Whatmore, there are atleast six names doing the rounds as the likely replacement for Chappell: Tom Moody, Sunil Gavaskar, Mohinder Amarnath, Sandeep Patil, Viv Richards and John Wright.
The Indian board's working committee meets on April 7, following the meeting of the review committee the day before. The working committee meeting will be attended by BCCI's office-bearers and seven former captains, including Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Ravi Shastri and S Venkatraghavan.

Beamer
April 4, 2007, 11:06 PM
We will never win consistently unless we develop quality pacers/seamers. That is the thing that really worries me. I am not so worried about the spinner situation. We seem to have ample spinners in the pipeline, albeit all SLAs, and as such is not a major worry. If Rasel is the second best thing we have ( obviously Shahadat is not improving as fast as we would like ) then we won't win consistently for a while. Bowlers win you matches and taking ten wkts consistently is how you win. Sure, here and there we will do a good job and win some matches. But, that is not enough. Look the last two matches we have taken one wkt ! And offcourse,the skip doesn't help the bowlers cause. He tends to think that we can restrict NZ below 174 runs by placing fileders in the deep ! What logic ! A bowlers nightmare ! Back to the main point and what I am trying to say is that whether we hire a new coach or not, it is equally important, if not more, that we hire a full time bowling coach ( pacer ) who will bring along the likes of Mashrafee, Shahadat etc..

layperson
April 4, 2007, 11:10 PM
Whatmore, an Australian, has done wonders with subcontinental teams. He was at the helm when Sri Lanka won the World Cup in 1996 and has coached Bangladesh to some impressive wins against big opponents.
Greg Chappell's decision not to renew his contract in the wake of India's early exit from the World Cup prompted worries that no foreign coach might be interested in the job. But Whatmore is prepared to pick up the gauntlet. "Firstly any job is a challenge. I have taken up pretty good challenges in the last 10 years and this will be another big challenge. There is huge passion for the game in India. It is a big religion there and there is enormous pressure on the team.
"To get the best out of players is a challenge and to work with the selectors who have the best interest of the game in their heart represent challenge, which is very interesting. Perhaps there are more distractions there. The sheer weight of interest of the media be it electronic or print the huge popularity with the individuals, they all are distraction to a point," he said.
Apart from Whatmore, there are atleast six names doing the rounds as the likely replacement for Chappell: Tom Moody, Sunil Gavaskar, Mohinder Amarnath, Sandeep Patil, Viv Richards and John Wright.
The Indian board's working committee meets on April 7, following the meeting of the review committee the day before. The working committee meeting will be attended by BCCI's office-bearers and seven former captains, including Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Ravi Shastri and S Venkatraghavan.

And your point is .... I think all of us have read this article as it has been hyperlinked in one of the posts here.

Don
April 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
From an Indian point of view we would be more than happy to get Dav as our national team coach. From a Bangladeshi's point of view it may be a little dissapointing but the reaction out here is overwhelming. Dav has contributed enuf for BD cricket, so acknowledge it and move on.Life goes on my dear friends :)

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
again i ask the question... if u are leaving one job for another do u slack off before leaving to the new job? If u do than thats a sad thing to do... my father is not slacking off.. frustrated yes because the boys have soooo much talent that they are not using at the moment. They are in a ditch and have to get out of it. It happened in cricket... but he will not give up on them...

Its not a question about slacking off. We all know that Dav is professional enough to give his 100% till the day he leaves. The question was about publicly announcing it. A public announcement while the team still got 4 games left not only demoralizes the team (Knowing that the father figure's days are numbered/ is not staying etc.) but is also violates simple courtesy.

Look at it this way, Dav has sufficient goodwill and credentials for the BCCI to contact him if they are interested. He would even be in a better negotiating position had the offer came from them b4 he spoke up. Now not only he has harmed the team by his comments but also spoiled his own position in the negotiation.

Just now a thought crossed my mind, "Is this a ploy to put pressure on BCB for a better deal?"

The same goes with expression of frustration in public. If the boys have the talent that is being wasted, isn't it the coach's failure? There must be something wrong in the coaching/grooming, maybe we needed specialist coaches under the master coach, maybe a different approach was required. Whatever the case is, he can only be frustrated on himself as he is the one who was given the responsibility to COACH the players and a big part of that job is to ensure proper utilization of talent.

Don't get me wrong, though, I was always a big fan of Dav. I am grateful for his contributions to the team. This post is simply a response to his recent public talks, and the way I know the media, there is a huge chance that they may well have misrepresented his words to make it sound different that what he actually meant.

Protic
April 4, 2007, 11:19 PM
I saw in some newspapers today..just about 2 hours ago.. it had a whatmore interview.. in which he was asked about whether he is going to leave coaching bangladesh or not.. He said " Its taugh to coach a country..but its taugh to think about leaving coaching the country after coming through all these hard works..and not even if they go back to the state as they were in when i first came "
ITS CLEAR..he doesnt wanna go. So.. can anyone tell me.. the newspapers are lying? or what?
By the way the newspaper is " Manabzamin "
Link : www.manabzamin.net
Check the sports page..5th April.

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
I saw in some newspapers today..just about 2 hours ago.. it had a whatmore interview.. in which he was asked about whether he is going to leave coaching bangladesh or not.. He said " Its taugh to coach a country..but its taugh to think about leaving coaching the country after coming through all these hard works..and not even if they go back to the state as they were in when i first came "
ITS CLEAR..he doesnt wanna go. So.. can anyone tell me.. the newspapers are lying? or what?
By the way the newspaper is " Manabzamin "
Link : www.manabzamin.net (http://www.manabzamin.net)
Check the sports page..5th April.

Manabzamin is a newspaper?? LOL :floor::floor:

Your location says BCB office. Maybe now we know thats wrong with them ....

Protic
April 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
Zakir : well.. it gets sold out everyday.. :) Im sure many people read it..and they cant really put up SH*T which covers 60% of their sports page..eh?
And the bcb office ..lol thats a fun part..but anyway im wondering about the news too.

zakirc
April 4, 2007, 11:42 PM
Zakir : well.. it gets sold out everyday.. :) Im sure many people read it..and they cant really put up SH*T which covers 60% of their sports page..eh?
And the bcb office ..lol thats a fun part..but anyway im wondering about the news too.

Tabloids get good sales figures in every country .... they are part of daily entertainment ... but accepting them as source of news? Maybe only in Bangladesh this is possible.

Having said that, once in a blue moon, tabloids break some big news. But its more like ঝড়ে বক মরে ... tabloid এর কেরামতি বাড়ে ...

kalpurush
April 4, 2007, 11:43 PM
Is there anyone else as good as Dav who can coach BD?

Lots.:D

Stumped
April 5, 2007, 01:25 AM
1) Its not a question about slacking off. We all know that Dav is professional enough to give his 100% till the day he leaves. The question was about publicly announcing it. A public announcement while the team still got 4 games left not only demoralizes the team (Knowing that the father figure's days are numbered/ is not staying etc.) but is also violates simple courtesy.

2) Now not only he has harmed the team by his comments but also spoiled his own position in the negotiation.

3) Just now a thought crossed my mind, "Is this a ploy to put pressure on BCB for a better deal?"

4) The same goes with expression of frustration in public. If the boys have the talent that is being wasted, isn't it the coach's failure? There must be something wrong in the coaching/grooming, maybe we needed specialist coaches under the master coach, maybe a different approach was required. Whatever the case is, he can only be frustrated on himself as he is the one who was given the responsibility to COACH the players and a big part of that job is to ensure proper utilization of talent.

5) Don't get me wrong, though, I was always a big fan of Dav. I am grateful for his contributions to the team. This post is simply a response to his recent public talks, and the way I know the media, there is a huge chance that they may well have misrepresented his words to make it sound different that what he actually meant.

1)I cant see why this is a big issue about him speaking publicly about the interest for coaching india on himself and any other coaches behalf... its not a secret that it is one job that they all would like! It is not a confirmation and it does nothing to the team! They all know how my dad feels about them and all know that anything said or done is nothing personal to them.

2) Please explain how it has harmed the team and spoiled his position?

3) A ploy for a better deal when no deal has been presented at all?!

4) There has been threads bout this... there has been specialist coaches... and saying that its the coach's failure... mate... is he 11 people on the field?! He can only teach them the skills they need to do well.. but the second they walk on that field its up to them to use those skills and knowledge to perform for themselves and the team. He can not go out there and position thier feet or bat or hand etc etc etc for every ball and every run... so thats just a silly comment.

5) I respect the fact that its ur response, i just feel u have only looked at it from one perspective... and yes i feel it was been taken out of context.

RazabQ
April 5, 2007, 01:33 AM
Get over yourselves guys. A professional team does not dip its performance based on whether its cricket coach is going to move on after the tourney is over. Lots of WC winning soccer coaches do the same. So he mentioned his interest in public - that's now how some of us would go about it, but there are many aways to skin the cat and that's Dav's way. Frankly after dealing with our officials for the last few years I don't begrudge him desiring another opportunity. I know in the past I was bugged with the public campaigning but now I'm willing to let that pass. Key is that we have a good system in place, continue to improve our infrastructure and become more consistent.

Stumped
April 5, 2007, 01:35 AM
well said...

zakirc
April 5, 2007, 01:37 AM
1)I cant see why this is a big issue about him speaking publicly about the interest for coaching india on himself and any other coaches behalf... its not a secret that it is one job that they all would like! It is not a confirmation and it does nothing to the team! They all know how my dad feels about them and all know that anything said or done is nothing personal to them.

2) Please explain how it has harmed the team and spoiled his position?

3) A ploy for a better deal when no deal has been presented at all?!

4) There has been threads bout this... there has been specialist coaches... and saying that its the coach's failure... mate... is he 11 people on the field?! He can only teach them the skills they need to do well.. but the second they walk on that field its up to them to use those skills and knowledge to perform for themselves and the team. He can not go out there and position thier feet or bat or hand etc etc etc for every ball and every run... so thats just a silly comment.

5) I respect the fact that its ur response, i just feel u have only looked at it from one perspective... and yes i feel it was been taken out of context.

1. I already mentioned, while it is OK for him to talk with BCCI, speaking in public was the problem and I thin I already rationalized my statement. We may have difference of opinion though.

2. Harmed the team: look above ^, harm himself: By offering to work before being offered I think he has harmed his negotiating position.

3. We don't know what Dav and BCB have discussed, but it would be very naive to think that with his contract about to end, and during this peak season for coaching jobs, there was absolutely no discussion between BCB and Dav regarding his future with BD team.

4. In a chain of command, whenever there is a problem, the people higher in the chain are always responsible, them pointing their figures to the people below them is not acceptable. Hence, Dav is more responsible for the player's lapses than themselves and BCB is more responsible than Dav. In any case, publicly speaking out your frustration simply makes you a loser, something I don't believe Dav is. This is why I added my last comment.

Don
April 5, 2007, 01:48 AM
Why dont you guys just leave Dav's future in his own hand rather than again and again pointing to the same story. Dav is old enuf to know that he is responsible for all his actions and he would face the consequence accordingly. So stop blabbering over the same thing and move on. I hope this is the end to this thread of comments and let the :)ld man decide his own future.

reverse_swing
April 5, 2007, 03:53 AM
If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested'
Cricinfo staff
April 4, 2007

© Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288902.html)

cricket_pagol
April 5, 2007, 03:57 AM
Duplicate thread... it is being already discuss here
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=15222&page=8

reverse_swing
April 5, 2007, 03:59 AM
Duplicate thread... it is being already discuss here
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=15222&page=8

My bad! I was looking for this too as this is kinda old news. Anyway I will merge this now. Thanks anyway.

Huda
April 5, 2007, 06:08 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6529179.stm

As our India tour is next i think after the WC there will be an imminent announcement from Dav on whether he will stay with us or not

ferdous
April 5, 2007, 06:42 AM
Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore has confirmed his interest in succeeding Greg Chappell as India coach.

The link is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6529179.stm

Dhaka
April 5, 2007, 08:15 AM

-Taken From Cricinfo

BanCricFan
April 5, 2007, 09:00 AM
If Dav leaves, we should get McInnes or "Bamble". I really think Bamble would be a better choice! He has coached England and Lancashire and is very passionate about the game. He also shows great enthusiasm about Bangladesh cricket and it seems like he knows quite a lot about our players. He is a character- one of a kind!

allrounder
April 5, 2007, 09:07 AM
We should go for 1 coach (for improving overall team attitude, combination, strategy, game plan, psychology and all that stuff) and 3 specialist coach, 1 batting, 1 bowling and 1 fielding coach. We should adopt the US football coaching style.

We have money so lets spend it for 4 years to make us no 1 team in cricket. Bring the best in all department.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
April 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
"Dav Whatmore, Bangladesh's coach, has expressed interest in coaching India. "If the opportunity comes along surely any person who is a professional coach and prides himself in doing a good job would be interested in coaching the Indian team," Whatmore said in an interview with the television channel CNN-IBN. "If there is a position and an opportunity there, I will be very interested."
(source: cricinfo)

are we gonna loose our best coach ever?? If Steve waugh is not possible.....i donno the replace ment.. here is the news.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288902.html

mhj007
April 5, 2007, 09:37 AM
as dave said that he will be interested in coaching indian team(from cricinfo) if he is given offer,then i think it will be hard for bcb to keep him.he is a very good coach.if he stays with us,it will be great.if he doesn't stay,then we will have to find a good coach.i will prefer(IMO) steve waugh or richard mcInnes.no more trevor chappel or mohsin kamal.
Junior

Don
April 5, 2007, 09:38 AM
Whatmore Whatmore Whatmore do we have anything else to discuss? What more do we want this man to do ? Cant he take decisions about his own life ? We are simply going overboard guys. I wonder how many threads have been opened the past couple days arguing the same point again and again. Its getting boring now, give him some space, leave him alone and you enjoy cricket. End of st:)ry.

gatekeeper
April 5, 2007, 09:43 AM
Whatmore Whatmore Whatmore do we have anything else to discuss? What more do we want this man to do ? Cant he take decisions about his own life ? We are simply going overboard guys. I wonder how many threads have been opened the past couple days arguing the same point again and again. Its getting boring now, give him some space, leave him alone and you enjoy cricket. End of st:)ry.

Stop lecturing. YOU move on if you don't like this discussion.

mhj007
April 5, 2007, 09:55 AM
Stop lecturing. YOU move on if you don't like this discussion.

:D :D :D

Sauron
April 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
Whatmore should have kept his mouth shut until end of BD WC campaign. He could have communicated with BCCI and BCB privately if he wanted to. But this is a very unprofessional attitude from a professional coach.

Everyone knows that no coach is permanent. Whatmore's contract is up in May - that is no secret either. But the fact that he is using the media as his advertising Billboard is deplorable. Don't tell me that he doesn't know how to get in touch with BCCI without bypassing media.

RazabQ, Stumped et al,
Get over yourselves rather. If stumped shows as much professionalism as to not reveal insider info on this forum, why can't her dad grasp that concept and keep media (and thereby public speculation) out of it? Dav is free to go and bake pizza for all I care after his contract is up. But until that time, his sole goal should be motivating and maximizing the performance of the BD team. This kind of media circus is not conducive to that.

Again, the professionals can communicate without standing at the street corner strutting their stuff. Regardless of what anyone says, this conduct is not defensible. Oops, Whatmore did it again!

radagast
April 5, 2007, 10:28 AM

Is he really leaving? He has a good track record. Won't be surprised if they DO offer him the job. Will that be good or bad for BD team? Should we be mad at him to even think about it? Yeah, can't make up my mind about this one! :waiting: Oh BTW, Hello to everyone. :wave:

mildwind
April 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
Since Chappel resigned as the coach of India cricket team, BCCI is strongly considering the candidature of Dev Whatmore. Dev Whatmore also has remarked his interest for the job to the media. The 53-year-old said he was willing to take up the challenge of coaching India. "If the opportunity comes along, surely any person who is a professional coach and prides himself in doing a good job would be interested," Whatmore said.

I wish him all the best and my gratitude for his outstanding contribution in our cricket.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/6529179.stm

pocha
April 5, 2007, 10:33 AM

Is he really leaving? He has a good track record. Won't be surprised if they DO offer him the job. Will that be good or bad for BD team? Should we be mad at him to even think about it? Yeah, can't make up my mind about this one! :waiting: Oh BTW, Hello to everyone. :wave:

No he is planning to coach the Indian Kabadi Team..ohh my mistake, even they have not offered him that job..hehe

RazabQ
April 5, 2007, 10:46 AM
In this day and age, when contracts are terminated at momen'ts notice, people are laid off en masse with no humane consideration, most employers and employees know that will look for jobs. In consulting, (my field) firms will often tell their employees that they expect you to transition to senior management roles at clients and will not discourage you from seeking out such opportunitie provided it does not impact present performance and the firm's future with the client.

Some of you feel that Dav publicly politicking for a job which is built in as an exit clause to his contract will impact the BD team's performance and future prospects. I feel that reflects as poorly on the professionalism of our team as it may on Dav's. Good teams play well despite media circus or any other distraction.

Everyone on the team knows the India job is the plummest one in cricket (financially and challenge-wise). That's why Tom Moody has to talk about it too! Why should our team go to the tank for it? As to whether Dav is being derilect in his duties - that's a BIG accusation. Answering a question at an interview does not mean he's not breaking down film or having one-on-one sessions with his players. Until a week ago he could do no wrong. Surely y'all knew as soon as we beat India that Chappel was toast. So our players had to have known this too. They still went out and beat Bermuda in seam/swing conditions that woulda done Durham proud in April!

Frankly I think it's an old case of team underperforming, let's go after the coach. If Bangladesh had given either Australia or NZ a decent scare or even got an upset win, I have a feeling, most of this bellyaching wouldn't have happened even if Dav announced that he'd NOT renew his contract after the WC (rather than express an interest in another job).

BTW, I think Tom Moody is in the pole position and that's why Dav is speaking out. He wants to show he wants it more than Tom! This is pure speculation on my part though.

reverse_swing
April 5, 2007, 11:01 AM
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Thursday criticised coach Dav Whatmore after he expressed his interest in succeeding Greg Chappell as India coach. The BCB were annoyed Whatmore put his hand up for the Indian job while his current charges were still involved in a World Cup campaign in the Caribbean. "We are in the middle of a very high-profile tournament. At this stage any such interest of the coach would certainly distract our team," Riazuddin Al Mamun, a joint-secretary of the BCB, told Reuters.

http://bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=2&id=3447

Dhakablues
April 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
http://bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=2&id=3447

Rightfully so. I think it was obvious that Dav would leave. Had it not been the stature of Greg Chapell and the board,of India's interest in getting the most expensive coach,, he would have been India's coach by this time. Where it becomes bitter is he always throws his hat during a major competition. Tom Moody is leaving ( or is he) but he is not saying anything before his mision is over. I think Dav's mission was to elevate BD to the 2nd round and he has done and hence he is in search of new challenge ( read contract).

BCB would be bunch of fools if they havent thought about Dav's succssor. I think they have starte to think about it,, Seeing Andy Roberts, John Wright interested in BD cricket gives me some ingredients for rumor starting.. But I am sure BD cricket will reach newer heights by 2011. Just dont hire any one of those pakistani/english first class player who jst completed level ' who cares' certifcation from ICC

Sauron
April 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
In this day and age, when contracts are terminated at momen'ts notice, people are laid off en masse with no humane consideration, most employers and employees know that will look for jobs. In consulting, (my field) firms will often tell their employees that they expect you to transition to senior management roles at clients and will not discourage you from seeking out such opportunitie provided it does not impact present performance and the firm's future with the client.

Invalid analogy.

BD team is not in the best of shape right now. At any other time it can be a little more forgivable, but right now is not that kind of time.

As I said, he is a free agent and he can lobby and sell himself all he wants through private channels. I'm sure that BCCI has a mailing address, email addresses and phone numbers. Why does DW need to involve media in this? He could have gone public after the WC is over.

I think you are getting too carried away by your ultra-capitalist interpretation of professionalism. Professionalism does not imply loyalty, but while you are on a mission, you do whatever it takes to help the mission along. I fail to see how this public job application by Whatmore can have any positive impact on the BD team right now.

Last time Whatmore did this same thing when his contract was up for renewal. And I did not see anything wrong with that. But this time, you have to take into account the context.

akabir77
April 5, 2007, 11:30 AM
looks like BCB condemned it also

source: cricinfo

zakirc
April 5, 2007, 11:30 AM
I fail to see how this public job application by Whatmore can have any positive impact on the BD team right now.

:up::up: Spot on.

This only gives the message to the team that "Guys, I am fed up on you and I give up. You are a hopeless bunch of kids daydreaming. I will move on to a better team."

Unfortunately we defeated that better team just a few days ago. :):)

incredible
April 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
I am sorry..if i am repeating a thread...

Whatmore showed interest to be the next Indian Coach...possiblities looks good ...as his contract with BCB expires this May ...

If he is gone ..is Allister de Winter our next coach...?

read the aticles ..

Whatmore keen to coach india ...

BCB criticise Whatmore
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/289100.html

Project Tiger - Talks about Allister de Winter :flag:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/289073.html