PDA

View Full Version : Your XI


karimjay.
March 20, 2006, 01:03 AM
Hey. I remembered the ICC super series and thought how much of a disaster they were. So i thought we'd make our own ODI XI in typical batting order and compare them.

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Herchelle Gibbs
5. Andrew Symonds
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Shaun Pollock
8. Brett Lee
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Anil Kumble
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

cricbb
March 20, 2006, 08:46 AM
Adam Gilchrist
Santh Jayasuriya
Aftab Ahmeb
Ricky Ponting
Mohammad AshrafUL
Mahendra Dhoni
Andrew Symonds
Andrew Flintoff
Brett Lee
Shaun Pollock
Charminder Vass

Tigers_eye
March 20, 2006, 01:44 PM
I'd like to change Jk's #10 and #9.

I'd like to have Dravid instead of Mash. Put him at 2nd down and move everyone down a notch. The team already has too many bowling options. Two spinners, two fast, flintoff and symond with sanath.

Warne/Vettori for Anil Kumble. I don't like Warne yet have to pick him before Anil Kumble.

Edited on, March 21, 2006, 1:42 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

karimjay.
March 21, 2006, 01:13 AM
Warne..I said ODI!!

Tigers_eye
March 21, 2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Jkrulz
Warne..I said ODI!!

And your point is?

Kumble (your pick) has ave strike-rate at 30.76 runs and econ of 4.3

Warne has an ave strike-rate at 25.73 runs and econ of 4.25

Edited on, March 21, 2006, 1:43 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Hatebreed
March 21, 2006, 09:53 AM
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Herchelle Gibbs
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Rahul Dravid
5. Aftab Ahmed
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Shaun Pollock
8. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
9. Brett Lee
10. Anil Kumble
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Edited on, March 21, 2006, 2:55 PM GMT, by Hatebreed.

Xavier
March 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Jkrulz
Hey. I remembered the ICC super series and thought how much of a disaster they were. So i thought we'd make our own ODI XI in typical batting order and compare them.

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Herchelle Gibbs
5. Andrew Symonds
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Shaun Pollock
8. Brett Lee
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Anil Kumble
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Great selection! Maybe Vettori for Kumble, and Michael Hussey would also deserve a place in it.

bdmoderator
March 21, 2006, 04:47 PM
1. Herchelle Gibbs
2. Adam Gilchrist (W)
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Inzamam-Ul-Haque (C)
5. Andrew Flintoff
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Aftab Ahmed
8. Brett Lee
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Shane Warne
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

karimjay.
March 22, 2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Originally posted by Jkrulz
Warne..I said ODI!!

And your point is?

Kumble (your pick) has ave strike-rate at 30.76 runs and econ of 4.3

Warne has an ave strike-rate at 25.73 runs and econ of 4.25

Edited on, March 21, 2006, 1:43 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Dude. Warne retired from ODIs

Donny
March 22, 2006, 02:04 AM
Gilly
Gibbs
Ponting
Hussey
Symmo
Dhoni
Flintoff
Pollock
Pathan
Vettori
Lee

12th. Collingwood

If more of a spinner's wicket, I'd probably have Murali in for Pathan.

titanic
March 22, 2006, 02:20 AM
Hi BD forum ...

Having Mortaza and Aftab in the X! is a bit of a streatch ..even absurd ...the same goes with Ashraful ...common guys they they have not proven anything substantial in the International arena ..
Ashraful looks good ..but would struggle to hold a place in any one of the top teams ...Pk,Aus,Eng,Ind etc ...

The other two would not even be given a look into ....


Bashar ..looks good but the same as Ashraful ...

Hey Donny ..I agree withh you to an extent but cant have Gilly and Dhoni ..have to drop Dhoni ..

Donny
March 22, 2006, 02:27 AM
"cant have Gilly and Dhoni"

Why not, Titanic ?

Here's the current ICC world ODI batting rankings:

1 Ricky Ponting
2 Adam Gilchrist
3 Andrew Symonds
4 Graeme Smith
5 Mahendra Dhoni
5 Kumar Sangakkara

Dhoni is in my team as a batsman. Gilly would keep wickets. :)

clokey
March 22, 2006, 06:55 AM
Gayle
Gilchrist
Ponting
Hussey
Symonds
Dhoni
Flintoff
Pollock
Pathan
Vettori
Lee

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Jkrulz
Dude. Warne retired from ODIs

Is that right? I must have missed the official announcement?

My dearest Dude,
You have no idea what's going on in Intl cricket. Do you know when Kumble played his Last ODI for India? Do a small research and then post and argue. If you can include Kumble I can replace him with Warne. For your information Kumble has been dropped from Indian ODI team forever last year.

Its not worth my time arguing with you. Kids will be kids and I have to deal with it. Sorry Dude, no more replies to your post. Have a nice day.

BD_Ashraful
March 22, 2006, 09:13 PM
ODI Squad
Adam Gilchrist (WK)
Mahendra Dhoni
Ricky Ponting (C)
Andy Flintoff
Kevin Pieterson
Brian Lara
Andrew Symonds
Brett Lee
Shoiab Ahtkar
Muttiah Muralitharan
Shaun Pollock
Mohammed Ashraful
Micheal Hussey
Aftab Ahmed
Shaid Afridi

Test Squad:
Santh Jayasuriya
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting (C)
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Inzamam-Ul-Haque
Adam Gilchrist (Wk)
Muttiah Muralitharan
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Shaun Pollock
Herchelle Gibbs
Shoiab Ahtkar
Andy Flintoff
Kevin Pieterson

There are my squads for the next icc IX vs Aus

Donny
March 23, 2006, 03:24 AM
BD_Ashraful, you have included Aussies in both squads but you say those squads are to play Australia. :-/

Tigers_eye
March 23, 2006, 10:36 AM
Yep! Gilly, ponting will play in both teams. Facing fireballs at the net is not enough. We want to see them play Lee when the match is on. :)

karimjay.
March 24, 2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Originally posted by Jkrulz
Dude. Warne retired from ODIs

Is that right? I must have missed the official announcement?

My dearest Dude,
You have no idea what's going on in Intl cricket. Do you know when Kumble played his Last ODI for India? Do a small research and then post and argue. If you can include Kumble I can replace him with Warne. For your information Kumble has been dropped from Indian ODI team forever last year.

Its not worth my time arguing with you. Kids will be kids and I have to deal with it. Sorry Dude, no more replies to your post. Have a nice day.

Lol my bad. Haven't managed to see India play ODIs lately