PDA

View Full Version : Fading stars

Xavier
March 20, 2006, 05:48 PM
A whole generation of cricket top-class players looks close to the end of career... Tendulkar is booed by his own fans, Lara scores 7 runs in 4 innings, Gilchrist failure at the Ashes... Warne and Mc Grath troubles, Cairns leaving, Atapattu rested, Ganguly definitely out of India team!

Here's an article on some former-superstars trouble:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/4823104.stm

Sovik
March 20, 2006, 06:48 PM
Cairns already left and i think time is catching up with them. but the talent they have you never know what will they do next

akabir77
March 20, 2006, 08:07 PM
chacha gone :P

Hatebreed
March 21, 2006, 10:00 AM
Gilchrist still has a long way to go.. Ashes is already in the past and Gilly will rise once more

Ganguly will never return... Inzy's days are numbered... same could be said for Shoaib Akhtar

Carte Blanche
March 21, 2006, 10:05 AM
Good article. I agree with Bedi on the Tendulkar issue. It was really tasteless the way they booed him. Of all the players mentioned here, all will be missed dearly except for may be Ganguly. Gilly still has a long way to go though.

jayed
March 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
michael vaughan is fading, from the batsman he was.
mcgrath isn't that bowler he was.
good riddance to khaled mahmud! i h8 him. he is the worst cricketer in the world.

Tigers_eye
March 21, 2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jayed
michael vaughan is fading, from the batsman he was.
mcgrath isn't that bowler he was.
good riddance to khaled mahmud! i h8 him. he is the worst cricketer in the world.
lol, Poor K mahmud. He wasn't an international class. The thing is we had selectors who thought he was intl class. So kept putting him in the team. However, in his last match he did better than the other so called intl class players that we have.

takla jayasuriya's is almost out the door. Flemimg another one. Surely after the WC there will be a wide scale of retirement in the world. Tendu, Kallis, gibbs, yousuf, Vass, Murali all will retire. may be Murali will continue in the test for few more years. Mr. Warne will be out of Australia (not only from the team but from the continent as well). These folks with the ones mentioned above will call it quits.

Yameen
March 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
steve tikolo, collins obuya, kenedy otieno, justin langer, vaas, chanderpaul?

Xavier
March 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
Heath Streak and Tatenda Taibu!

(though they could come back to international cricket, hopefully!)

jayed
March 23, 2006, 02:30 PM
i doubt langer, he isn't picked on odi squad, because his batting doesn't suit it.
he still is the don of tests for aussies though.

jayed
March 23, 2006, 02:33 PM
i doubt langer, he isn't picked on odi squad, because his batting doesn't suit it.
he still is the don of tests for aussies though.

vas just because he is a veteran don't mean hes past it and fading, still at his age he is amongst the 2op 20 odi bowlers.

i have to seriously , seriously consider a legend:

SAQLAIN MUSHTAQ

he is fading. paki selectors, they should let him play, he's way better than kenaria i think.

hes on 288 test big ones, 12 more, and he'd be ascended on the elite list of bowlers.

Afridi2Belfast
March 25, 2006, 03:27 PM
Saqlain is far from finished.
He is coming here to play for Ireland.
He has paid for his old lifestyle and is getting back to peak fitness.
If he does well he will be back for the WC if not before then - he still is the best spinner in the country.

As for Tendulkar - the most consistent player ever - never write him off. Anyone doing so hasnt watched a game in their lives.

jayed
March 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
but y did saqi get dropped in the 1st place? POLITICS, JARA BANGLADESHER AIN TAIN, NIYOM BUJO, TUMRA JANO. E.G.- AWAMI LEAGUE-BNP.

and bcos he was getting involved into islam, and some ppl didnt like that and said the pks were turnin in2 mullahs, not cricketers.

anyway, he was in dazzling form 4 surrey, how cum they still didnt pik him.

hes out of form doh.