PDA

View Full Version : India v England Test3 Day5

Xavier
March 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
There could be a thrilling final for this series:

India are 18/1 chasing a 313 runs target; as they lead the series 1-0 they could also play for a draw, while England need a win.

What do you think? Can India batsmen reach the target or could also collapse as they did to Pakistan in 2005 series last test?

...btw: no free live video on the net?

Hatebreed
March 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
I dunno if the pitch is any good for batsmen.. if Eng can pickup 2 quick wickets, they might just pull of a win... c'mon England!

RazabQ
March 22, 2006, 03:15 AM
Game on. India 7 down!!!!

Ejaj
March 22, 2006, 03:32 AM
Great performance from England.. I am soo glad that India lost sooo badly.. all out within 100 hahaha

:great::great::great:

Shafin
March 22, 2006, 03:36 AM
Shachin will face the hardest days of his career.

Shafin
March 22, 2006, 03:48 AM
The cricinfo scorecard got this funny thing

India require another 213 runs with 0 wickets remaining
:lol::lol::lol:

RazabQ
March 22, 2006, 05:04 AM
I wonder what Mr. "travel allowance" has to say after his world beating, ganguli dropping team couldn't win against an England JV side.

Chi chi... No Vaughn, No Trescothick, No Harmison, No Giles, No Simon Jones, heck no Cook either! And India had a "full strength" side.

While I normally root for the subcontinental teams against other countries, for once I am very very happy that the uppity Indian cricket board got its just desserts.

Watch now - India will win the ODI series and act like the cat's meow, when we all know they have already failed the real "Test" two series in a row.

Ak
March 22, 2006, 09:04 AM
He Is Coming!

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2006, 11:46 AM
Teams should stick to what they are best at. trying to get a fast bowler (which india can't produce) and putting too much on the shoulder of Dravid cost them the game.

Fast bowlers from India would be medium pacers from pakistan. heck spinner afridi can bowl 75+ at times with out having the long runup. Chappel is experimenting too much in trying to unearth a fast bowler. They are playing in India for crying out loud. Kartik and a pure batsman would have been a better choice for sure than these youngsters. I'd blame the coach for this. He is too confident of himself. One more hiccups and we will see fans calling for his head. If losing to pakistan wasn't bad enough, losing to a English B team at home is unexceptable.

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 4:47 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Mr-khan
March 22, 2006, 11:58 AM
India (all out, 48.2 overs, 232 mins) 100

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
What a Shame for India!
I want to hear something from Hukkaram;)

Spitfire_x86
March 22, 2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
While I normally root for the subcontinental teams against other countries, for once I am very very happy that the uppity Indian cricket board got its just desserts.
:up:

sadi
March 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
Pathetic..... Next time maybe they should use 4 fast bowler..... It was a stupid decision to play five batsmen instead of six.... being over attacking without knowing your strength is never good.... plus indian batsmen are not in form.... they never should've take the chance.....

Xavier
March 22, 2006, 12:43 PM
The result of this match is really unbelievable!

This is a short article from India Times:

England on cloud nine

"India tamely crashed on Wednesday to their seventh lowest total to allow a depleted but spirited England to win the third and final Test and square the series 1-1.

100 runs is all that some of the world's best batsmen made among themselves in an embarrassing day for Indian cricket to leave England winners by a huge 212 runs on the final day of the Test at Wankhede Stadium.

Beaten comprehensively at Mohali a week ago, the visitors this notched a remarkable win."

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/1459615.cms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand how this total collapse has happened when India has so many experienced batsmen! Best score was 34 by Tendulkar!
After India losing to Pakistan and the way England has drawn this series I guess we most consider India as #4 in the world! :duh:

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2006, 02:48 PM
may be #5.

They use to be very good at home. When you know who was the captain. With the new direction Chappel is trying to take may not work. Losing at home, in other words not winning home series is not good for India.

I am not sure if they can win an away series at SA, England. Already lost to pakistanis (test). They got their rear handed to them by SL also. This is only the return they (the Board) are getting to be arrogant.

Carte Blanche
March 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/GRZckhCDVRo

How tasteless! The crowd booed the Indian team.

jaskiran
March 22, 2006, 11:06 PM
how can you watch live cricket

cricfanz
March 23, 2006, 03:02 AM
As much as i love indian cricket, I feel like KILLING dhoni for the shot he played in the 2nd innings...he's such a wonderful and sensible player and he goes and plays a shot like that..not once but twice...CONSECUTIVELY!!!...sigh...

Hatebreed
March 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
ahahaha shame on India :floor: :floor: :floor:

:fanflag:

Go England! Go England! :heart:

sanket.no.1
March 23, 2006, 01:26 PM
shame !!

India's neighbour supports England. :(

never expected such thing from you guys.

Shachin will face the hardest days of his career.

well, Sachin is undergoing shoulder surgery and I am sure that he will come back with a bang.

nayef
March 23, 2006, 01:38 PM
indian supporters r probably the most fickle-minded of the lot... one day they support their team for splendid victory.. another day they r out to burn effigies... defeats like this one should keep them near the ground ;)

Kamini
March 24, 2006, 12:19 AM
Indian team is going down in performance under Chappell's supervision.
Chappell is killing cricket in India, and making good money at the same time.

Report says, Dravid wanted to bat, Chappell insisted on fielding.

Look at batsmen like Sachin, Shewag,and Laxman who have lost forms badly. Habhajan can hardly pick wickets these days and Pathan is slower than Kumble and might be dropped any time now. That is what Chappell has accomplished for India.

100all out is highly insulting for India.

Very soon Bangladesh will find another competetive opponent very close to them!

Edited on, March 24, 2006, 5:22 AM GMT, by Kamini.

Edited on, March 24, 2006, 5:26 AM GMT, by Kamini.