PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming nations to get ODI status

Miraz
March 26, 2006, 09:21 AM
ICC is trying to expand cricket over the globe. Coutries like Kenya, Holland, Bermuda, Namibia, UAE, Nepal, Ireland and Scotland are playing in the ICC intercontinental cup. Recently USA cricket is problem is solved under the new management and they are also plaaning some development program. Nepal is showing their ability in U-19 level.

Kenya already had ODI status but lost it due to problem with KCA. Now they are regrouping. Holland is battling for decades to lift their cricket.

Scotland and Ireland are progressing smoothly and good number of their player are playing in county.

What do you think about the nations who can gain the ODI status in next few years?

jayed
March 26, 2006, 10:46 AM
i think holland has the batting prowess. zuiderent is arguably the best batsman out of the icc champions trophy.

ireland r ok, not good enuff, and recently hired shahid afridi, a.razzaq and saqlan to play 4 them.

judgin by recent, kenya r rubbish.

scotland have goodish bowlers

u.a.e are not that good

Miraz
March 26, 2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jayed
judgin by recent, kenya r rubbish.

I don't think so :sorry:

Kenya still have the fire power to dominate the associate nations.

Afridi2Belfast
March 26, 2006, 02:28 PM
Is that why we hammered them in the ICC Intercontinental Final?

Ireland only signed 2 overseas as they are playing as a county team in C and G and will be missing their top players who play for other counties. Scotland also signed 2.

Ireland are the 10th best side in the world for me.
We have beaten surrey, WI and Zimbabwe.
We took BD to the last ball.
We are the side to watch!

Miraz
March 26, 2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Afridi2Belfast
Is that why we hammered them in the ICC Intercontinental Final?

Ireland only signed 2 overseas as they are playing as a county team in C and G and will be missing their top players who play for other counties. Scotland also signed 2.

Ireland are the 10th best side in the world for me.
We have beaten surrey, WI and Zimbabwe.
We took BD to the last ball.
We are the side to watch!

As you have written 'We' when quoting Ireland I believe you are an Irish citizen. We will be happy to know about cricketing standard of Ireland.

Afridi2Belfast
March 26, 2006, 02:36 PM
I'm a British citizen but I live in Northern Ireland.

Ireland I honestly believe are going places but we need one or two really top class seam bowlers. We bat deep, keeper is a slight problem with retirement of Bushe, very good spinners and good fielding unit. I admit foreigners have helped us but we still produce local players. We dont yet have a national domestic league though and only play regional 50 over and 20 over competitions.

ajithlalm
March 27, 2006, 04:35 AM
Well I think Ireland should have played more International ODI against Scotland and Holland. For developing cricket in Europe, these countries should play more cricket than they are playing right know. Ireland got couple of good cricketers, but without playing international cricket, nobody will know the skills of the players like Eoin Morgan and other good cricketers.

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2006, 10:31 AM
As long as the senior countries do not abondan these small nations after the WC, there will be steady progress. With Zim D team facing the world, Kenya, Ireland, Scotland, and obviously holland could challenge them. Without much exposure the learning curve becomes steeper.