PDA

View Full Version : Adding Ganguly can't make it worse

cricman
March 28, 2006, 12:12 AM
80/5 with dravid down. Dhoni and Pathan will most likely make it a respectable score around 230+ but if Ganguly can't make to this ODI squad with SRT down and they call up a U-19 player in Raina?

Great Captaincy by Dravid by letting Dhoni 8th? I hope Idia get bundled for 150 then the crys for ganguly will be louder.

Spitfire_x86
March 28, 2006, 04:00 AM
India 203 all out, in 46.4 overs.

Harbhajan was the top scorer with 37. At one stage, they were 146/7.

insideedge
March 28, 2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by cricman
80/5 with dravid down. Dhoni and Pathan will most likely make it a respectable score around 230+ but if Ganguly can't make to this ODI squad with SRT down and they call up a U-19 player in Raina?

Great Captaincy by Dravid by letting Dhoni 8th? I hope Idia get bundled for 150 then the crys for ganguly will be louder.

Famous last words?

Baundule
March 28, 2006, 09:58 AM
Ok, after the result of the match, I think it is pretty clear what 'worse' Ganguly could make ;)

Hatebreed
March 28, 2006, 08:57 PM
What a shame England lost an easy target like that... IND will score 280+ every game from now on

Tehsin
March 28, 2006, 11:50 PM
Teaches us - there is nothing wrong with making pitches that suit your strength. Forget sporting pitches, let's make all spinning pitches for Bangladesh. :)

Edited on, March 29, 2006, 4:51 AM GMT, by Tehsin.

nayef
March 29, 2006, 08:44 AM
Spin might not exactly be our strength... specially with Warne coming in ... its more likely to be a disaster recipe :)

i dont think we have indentified enough strength yet to determine the type of pitch

sadi
March 29, 2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by nayef
Spin might not exactly be our strength... specially with Warne coming in ... its more likely to be a disaster recipe :)

i dont think we have indentified enough strength yet to determine the type of pitch

Good point..... I think our players pretty much suck at play spin and its not our strength.... we think that since we are from subcontinent, we are supposed to play spin well but thats not the case.... players like aftab, shahriar nafees or even javed omar.... they don't look that comfortable against quality spin at all

jayed
April 5, 2006, 02:01 PM
now, with the indian players, u don't know what 2 expect. bhajji is a tailender, and he top scores, let alones gets 37, so u cant understimate them.

raina hit 81, and ind won, proves u wrong.

but ganguly would be a strong addition yes, but he is out of form, or is he not?

its very difficult 4 a player 2 get back in form after not playing 4 months, specially if he gets a bad score and when every selector wants 2 get rid of him.