PDA

View Full Version : ICC Intercontinental Cup, 2006

Miraz
March 29, 2006, 11:44 AM
In the 4 day match of ICC Intercontinental Cup 2006 Netherlands are really hammering the Kenyans in their own backyard. After day one Netherlands scored 326/7 and seems to be in a strong position. Well, this is not yet the right time to comment but I feel Kenya bowling is pretty ordinary which was evident in recent BD tour.

It seems that Kenya has to go a long way to reach BD standard.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/KENYA_NL_ICC-CONT_29MAR-01APR2006.html

Edited on, March 29, 2006, 4:50 PM GMT, by Miraz.

Hatebreed
March 29, 2006, 12:05 PM
Go Holland! Show the Kenyans how it's done!

Ahmed_B
March 29, 2006, 12:10 PM
The Dutch and the Scotts will fight real hard for any fights in future to rank the top of the ODI-status teams.

istiak
March 29, 2006, 12:10 PM
Although Cricket is not a popular sport in NL but still they got some good infrastructure for that. Even in a small town (where i am living presently) have couple of grounds with practice facilities and outfield smooth like silk.

This is a sport fanatic country and they play almost every possible sport the world can offer. One day this Dutch team can become a stronger opponent to every body.

sadi
March 29, 2006, 12:19 PM
Its good to see team like Holland doing so well.... More teams will only make cricket more interesting

TheWatcher
March 29, 2006, 03:09 PM
This is not good, Holland is now belittling our wins against Kenya. Looks like our boys will have lot to prove during the World Cup warm up match against Scotland.

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2006, 03:58 PM
DLS van Bunge scored total of 32 in 103 balls with 4 fours and a six. So basically he scored 10 runs in 98 balls :) and the partnership was 130. Classic display of how to play the longer version of the game. This will be a dead game if the kenya scores 250+.

Hatebreed
March 29, 2006, 04:40 PM
Can't wait to see Holland's position in next 10 years!

mhferdaus
March 29, 2006, 07:34 PM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/KENYA_NL_ICC-CONT_29MAR-01APR2006.html

Damn, now we might have to face the power of Dutch instead of Kenyans, but in bigger picture more good cricketing nation can only make the game more interesting.

Locutus
March 29, 2006, 08:15 PM
Holland's bowling is poor. Kenya will smoke they gets their turn

Tehsin
March 29, 2006, 08:21 PM
Guys, both are very poor teams. The teams that you need to keep an eye on are Scotland, Ireland, and maybe Namibia. In future, watch out for Kenya in the next world cup (2011) - I will be surprised if Nepal don't register their first one day win against one of the 10 test teams (Zimbabwe really doesn't count at this point).

Miraz
March 30, 2006, 08:16 AM
Netherland scored 474 in the first innings and no. 10 batsman E Schiferli scored 69 in only 95 balls.:umm:

Netherlands seems to have better batting strength at the deep.

cricbb
March 30, 2006, 09:34 AM
Take the Kenyans apart.Go Holland:great::great::great::great::great::joy::jo y::joy:

Miraz
March 30, 2006, 09:48 AM
It seems that Kenya is deep in trouble in reply.

Kenya 98/4 (37.0 ov)

istiak
March 30, 2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Locutus
Holland's bowling is poor. Kenya will smoke they gets their turn

Is that so??? Kenya 98/4 (37.0 ov)

If cricket become a bit more popular in Netherlands then all other established cricketing countries will have to take them very seriously. In NL people take sport very professionally and so you know their position in different games. Being a country one-third of the size of BD.

Miraz
March 30, 2006, 11:43 AM
Kenya seems to be in great danger

135/5 (52.0 ov)

nayef
March 30, 2006, 12:47 PM
Tikolo is still there.. pulling his solo mission... if he gets some support.. they might avoid the follow on. Still a long way to go ..
Well played Holland.:bravo:

al Furqaan
March 30, 2006, 01:46 PM
just shows what kind of team we beat 4-0...sad really sad.

perhaps the keyans are better in the OD game.

does Holland have ODI status?

good to see Holland playing well, that too with mostly native players.

nayef
March 30, 2006, 03:24 PM
From January 1 2006, the ICC has approved that the top six Associates of Kenya, Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Bermuda and the Netherlands will all have ODI match status whenever they play each other or a Full member.

Source (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/other/content/story/231520.html)

Holland is one of the 6 countries to get this status from the beginning of this year. So, in theory, they do have ODI status.

I remember young Bas Zuiderent playing in 96 world cup and showing a lot of promise. Good to see that he's still around.

Miraz
March 31, 2006, 08:48 AM
Good to see Kenya recovering.

Kenya 242/7 (87.0 ov)

For avaoiding follow on they just need 32 more runs. Tikolo 119 not ot.

battye
March 31, 2006, 10:09 AM
Tikolo is a class act, now on 172

nayef
March 31, 2006, 10:24 AM
How come H. Modi is batting so late in the order?

Miraz
March 31, 2006, 10:26 AM
I think he was injured and came out to bat only when everybody is gone!

Miraz
March 31, 2006, 11:28 AM
Kenya is fighting back and it seems that the match is heading toward a draw.
Kenya 332/9 (120.0 ov)

Steve Tikolo 186 n.o. and Hitesh Modi is with him. Good fightback by Kenya specially by Tikolo

nayef
March 31, 2006, 12:37 PM
Tikolo is a man possessed.
Monumental innings from him. Its still a pity that a player of his calibre will not be able to play test cricket. I wish someone in our team develops such a temperament for long innings.
(Ofcourse i understand the quality of bowling, but nonetheless, 186* is a huge score when all the other players r falling like a pack of cards).

Tigers_eye
March 31, 2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Miraz

Kenya 242/7 (87.0 ov)

I know this is irrelevant now but for the future...

In four day matches the follow-on can be enforced if the lead is 150+ (not 200 like five day matches).

BC thread on follow-on rules (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=15554#pid256675)

So basically Kenya just escaped follow on at 324. So now they are at 332. Anyways, excellent knock by Tikolo.

mhferdaus
March 31, 2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Originally posted by Miraz

Kenya 242/7 (87.0 ov)

I know this is irrelevant now but for the future...

In four day matches the follow-on can be enforced if the lead is 150+ (not 200 like five day matches).

BC thread on follow-on rules (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=15554#pid256675)

So basically Kenya just escaped follow on at 324. So now they are at 332. Anyways, excellent knock by Tikolo.

Actually they needed 325 but it is all history now, as Tikolo proved playing in Bangladeshi domestic cricket actually kept him in shape :D. So we can be happy abour our domestic cricket:bravo:.

Thanks to Ongondo, Tikolo could play such an innings and save us and Kenya both the embarassment.

Tehsin
March 31, 2006, 11:44 PM
Save us ? I don't see how it has anything to do with us. :)

Great recovery from Tikolo. Question is, what will happen to Kenya once Tikolo retires ? They are already having a hard time againt teams like Holland and Namibia, let's not forget an understrength Zimbabwe.

mhferdaus
April 1, 2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Tehsin
Save us ? I don't see how it has anything to do with us. :)

Great recovery from Tikolo. Question is, what will happen to Kenya once Tikolo retires ? They are already having a hard time againt teams like Holland and Namibia, let's not forget an understrength Zimbabwe.

'save us the embarassment', after beating Kenya like that we wished to prove that the associates and we are not on the same level anymore, but Netherland is putting it on hold.

sar2005
April 1, 2006, 04:22 AM

Great recovery from Tikolo. Question is, what will happen to Kenya once Tikolo retires ?

good point. I don't see any real strength in KEN side if you minus Tikolo. In last serries agains BD, it was only Misra who made an impression.

Miraz
April 1, 2006, 07:59 AM
Great knock from steve Tikolo 212 n.o

Kenya 358/9 (120.0 ov)

BanCricFan
April 1, 2006, 08:23 AM
Steve Tikolo- a class act! :bravo:

This is all about temperment, skill and a sense of responsibility!

Sovik
April 1, 2006, 09:20 AM
steve tikolo is a great batsman

Miraz
April 1, 2006, 10:17 AM
Match Drawn

Netherlands 474 & 200/5
Kenya 367

Tikolo 212 N. O

mhferdaus
April 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by sar2005

Great recovery from Tikolo. Question is, what will happen to Kenya once Tikolo retires ?

good point. I don't see any real strength in KEN side if you minus Tikolo. In last serries agains BD, it was only Misra who made an impression.

Ongondo was good too, man.

sar2005
April 1, 2006, 12:44 PM
Good show by tikolo once again. This innings shows how he plays with lots of responsiblity, which I really want to see in BD players.

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2006, 11:11 AM
Hitesh Modi's 35 ball 5 run was great too. They added 52 runs in the last wicket partnership.

Carte Blanche
April 3, 2006, 11:19 AM
Points to Ponder for Holland:

1. Great batting, but the scoring rate was a little on the slower side.
2. I acknowledge the talent and ability of Tikolo, but when you have them right by the scruff of their neck - you ought to go for the kill. They should have wrapped up the tail. This recovery shouldn't have been allowed.
3. Good game overall with decent batting practice.

Worries for Kenya:

1. Tikolo once again showed his worth. I know there is no overnight solution for this, but the team will have a huge hole to fill once aging Tikolo is to call it a day. Their administration has the work cut out.
2. Poor batting by the top order, as usual.
3. Bowling is still toothless. Once again, there is no quick solution to this. Their infrastructure needs a massive overhaul at the domestic level.

How does BD react to it?

We have nothing to worry about. For the time being we can put our rivalry with Kenya to rest since it is safe to say that they are struggling to keep up with the "elite" cricketing level. Holland, on the other hand, is showing a lot of promise. Us fans will have to carefully follow Holland's cricketing development from now on.

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2006, 11:38 AM
good points CB.
Not only Holland, but Scotts, and ireland too. :)

Tehsin
April 3, 2006, 07:21 PM
As for Holland's cricketing development, they used to beat Bangladesh on a regular basis. We had to fight (with some serious luck) for a final spot in the 1997 ICC Trophy against Holland. Look at the score from the last group match - BD won by 3 wickets (D/L method) (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1996-97/OTHERS+ICC/ICCT97/ICCT97-MATCHES/GROUP-F/BDESH_NL_ICCT_04APR1997.html)

Chasing 171 in the 50 overs match, we were in all sorts of trouble at 15 for 4. Match was interrupted for 2 hours and when it resumed, our target was reduced to 141 from 33 overs. If it weren't for Akram Khan (68* off 92) we could have easily lost that match. Akram got a good supporting role from Nannu (22 off 48, 77/5) but it wasn't enough and looked like we were heading for a loss when Enamul (86/6) couldn't hold on. Saiful Islam (18 off 20, 136/7) hung around long enough to help Akram get us closer to a win.

If rain hadn't changed the scenario, who knows what would have happened. Holland was pretty unlucky because of rain. They were forced to draw a match due to rain and lost two matches when the opponents (Bangladesh needed on 141 and either scotland or ireland needed only 87 to win) were given a reduced targets.

Here's another link. Look at the results of all matches played by Bangladesh, Kenya, Holland, and Bermuda (our world cup opponent) : click here for 1994 results (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/WORLD_CUPS/ICCT94/ICCT_FEB-MAR1994_RESULTS-SUMMARY.html)

Notice the 47 run defeat of Bangladesh against Holland. Holland scored 205 all out and bowled us out for 158 on the 48th over. They had us at 103 for 8 at one stage, the tail wagged before caving in.

So, there you go. Holland played the World Cup before us and used to beat us at will. Considering where the two sides are at right now, I think we are doing pretty good.

Edited on, April 4, 2006, 12:26 AM GMT, by Tehsin.

Carte Blanche
April 3, 2006, 07:34 PM
I do vividly remember that match against Holland, Tehsin. If it weren't for Akram's heroics, our cricket may well have been on different waters today. To be fair, that whole tournament was marred by rain. Whoever thought holding a tournament of this significance in Malaysia during the monsoon was a good idea!! I also remember that we had our match against Ireland washed out due to rain after we restricted them to a <200 score. So it's only fair that Rain Gods tried to help us the next game :)

Tehsin
April 3, 2006, 08:09 PM
Heaven - chinese cook ? Hmmm, how about a chef who specializes in Chinese, Italian, Desi, and ANY dessert (chocolates/pastry) you can think of ? The rest are fine. ;) - Sorry, off topic.

You are right, BD fans owe our current success on Akram's heroics that day.

The final was tough. We really fought to win that trophy. (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1996-97/OTHERS+ICC/ICCT97/ICCT97-MATCHES/FINALS/BDESH_KENYA_ICCT-FINAL_12-13APR1997.html)

Edited on, April 4, 2006, 1:11 AM GMT, by Tehsin.

ammark
April 4, 2006, 07:27 AM
Its good to see 4 day matches like these under ICC auspices. Pity BD didnt get any of these in their day. It'd be nice of BD if they could send their 'A' teams against these weaker Associated teams too. Hope our domestic league catches up with the temperament and fortitude the counties, South African and Australian leagues require.

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2006, 10:49 AM
We still have a losing record 2-4 against holland. but hey we can beat the pulp out of them now in our back yard.

fai_hasan
April 4, 2006, 06:22 PM
well done netharland. :clap::clap:

fai_hasan
April 4, 2006, 06:23 PM
some more european countries should start playing cricket. they all are after football. what is so interesting about football? i think german would play real good cricket.

mhferdaus
April 4, 2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by fai_hasan
some more european countries should start playing cricket. they all are after football. what is so interesting about football? i think german would play real good cricket.

they got scared after seeing englad and australia play test cricket he he :D.

and believe me it was not anything like edgbaston or modern day test cricket, it was a sleeper test at its best ;).

shaoun
April 4, 2006, 11:34 PM
kenya,holland,scottland and namibia are all equal strength in my opinion. i will even put zimbabwe in that list. although i think zimbabwe is lil stronger. bangladesh is way ahead of them rightnow. i feel bad for kenyan cricket, i dont know why they were ignored after 2003 world cup. they really had a good team. they were better team then bangladesh and look where bangladesh cricket is now. i think we are improving rapidly after dave whatmore tookover as coach and habibur became the captain. i wish we can play west indies rightnow, i believe we can win odi series against team and give them a great fight in test matches. specially if we play in bangladesh. does anyone know if bangladesh is playing west indies anytime soon?

TheWatcher
April 4, 2006, 11:47 PM
Nah, I think Scotland (who has beaten some counties last year), Ireland, and Holland, all three are now ahead of Kenya and Zimbabwe.

BTW, Zimbabwe is playing two ODI's with Canada and Bermuda next month. I won't be surprised if Canada pulls out an upset against Zimbos.

sar2005
April 5, 2006, 01:09 PM
I can understand Scotland and Ireland is good as many of their players play in English county and get some support from ENG. But what about Holland? I thought most of the players in Holland are ameature, aren't they?

Tehsin
April 6, 2006, 05:09 PM
Sar, Holland gets to regularly participate in UK leagues and they have players with family links in both UK and South Africa. The guy who scored the 100+ against Kenya in the first match was born (I think) in SA and played a few first class matches there. Does make a big difference, doesn't it ?

Read this one: The expanding one-day world (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/other/content/story/231520.html)

Looks like ICC is finally taking some serious initiative into bringing more ODI teams. Better late then never.

Miraz
April 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
Holland was a good team since late 90's, Holland is a good team now and probably will be a good team in future .....

But they have always failed to prove themselves in big occasions. I will not be surprised if we see other teams like Scotland, Ireland even Namibia gets ODI status ahead of Holland.

nkhan
April 7, 2006, 02:31 AM
Just to get some facts straight. Holland has been playing international cricket since 1905, and has been in the top 6 associates ever since 1982. They may well have been in the top 6 in 1979 as well, but their game in that tournament against USA got washed out and they lost the points.

Their best player is perhaps Zuiderant, who did not score much in the intercontiental cup match. But by reputation their best player is Alexei Kervezee who is only 16 years old. Plus they have another youngster in Dan Van Bunge, who I think is only 22 years old, who is a very promising player.

Secondly, they ALREADY have ODI status.

Namibia, btw, is an over rated team. Only whites in that african country play cricket, and that situation always reminds me of what has happenned in Zimbabwe. Bad investment in my opinion for the ICC.

For Holland, both Billy Stelling and Darron Reekers are SA and ZA born. But they are dutch by descent. I dont know more about them.

The biggest problem with the Dutch is that they lack the numbers. Scotland and Ireland beat them in the total number of players in the country, I think even Denmark beats them in numbers of active cricketers in the country.

For standard, it would be interesting to note that as far as I can recall, Dutch lost to Zimbabwe 2 times in the final of the ICC trophy in 1986 and also in 1990. On one occasion it was by 10 or 15 runs. And that Zim team was a farily strong one.

TheWatcher
April 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
The guy who scored the 100+ against Kenya in the first match was born (I think) in SA and played a few first class matches there. Does make a big difference, doesn't it ?

Not only that, he is playing for the Essex county for the last two years.

Source (http://www.essexcricket.org.uk/profile_doeschate.htm)

sonarbangla
April 17, 2006, 06:37 PM
mm so do u guys think tht bd better play some ODI home away matches against hollend instead of kenya as their WC preparation?!

ajithlalm
April 20, 2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah I also agree Bangladesh should play some matchs against Holland atleast 3 ODIs sometime during this current year.

Miraz
May 11, 2006, 02:05 PM
Namibia 168
Scotland 95/3 (21.1 ov)

Stumps (Day one)

ICC Intercontinental Cup 2006 at Aberdeen.

TheWatcher
May 12, 2006, 07:27 PM
Namibia 168/10 (SF Burger 69, Lyons 4/10)
Scotland 274/4 (Watson 166*, Smith 70)

Stumps (Day two)

Funny name- Kola Burger (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/other/content/player/24849.html) :lol:

Miraz
May 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=605 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=left width="33%">Namibia 168 & 127 (43.5 ov)
Scotland 360

Scotland won by an innings and 65 runs
</TD><TD align=middle width="33%" rowSpan=2>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TheWatcher
May 18, 2006, 06:16 PM
First day was washed out.

Stumps Day Two
Namibia 95/10 (32.5 overs), Trent Johnston 6/23 (9.5 overs)
Ireland 78/3 (27 overs)

Scorecard (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/IRELAND_NAMIB_ICC-CONT_17-20MAY2006.html)

TheWatcher
May 19, 2006, 10:06 PM
Stumps day three
Namibia 95 and 109/7
Ireland 173/10 ( Johnston 71, Van Zyl 8/34)

Miraz
May 20, 2006, 05:13 AM
Stumps day three
Namibia 95 and 109/7
Ireland 173/10 ( Johnston 71, Van Zyl 8/34)
Good comeback by Namibia but again lost the clue in the second innings

TheWatcher
December 9, 2006, 09:38 PM
Namibia demolished UAE within two days in their latest IC match-

scorecard (http://www.cricketeurope4.net/CRICKETEUROPE/DATABASE/2006/TOURNAMENTS/INTERCONTINENTAL/CARDS/NAMUAE.shtml)

Clearly, they have profited immensly from the opportunity play in the South African provincial tournament.

Miraz
January 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
UAE collapsed from 303/5 to 348 all out.

Scots are finding their feet against UAE after recent batting woe against BD.

Scotland 179/3 (Stumps, Day 2)

TheWatcher
January 14, 2007, 12:37 AM
Day 3 update-

UAE 348 & 157-1 (36 overs Muhammed Iqbal 43)
Scotland 373 (114.3 overs)

The match seems to be heading for a draw.

israr
January 14, 2007, 01:32 PM
Pull off a victory UAE!

Mohiul
January 16, 2007, 05:31 AM
Ravindu Shah is back in Kenyan squad after a long absence due to injury & fitness problem since 2004

Miraz
January 16, 2007, 06:34 PM
Day 3 update-

UAE 348 & 157-1 (36 overs Muhammed Iqbal 43)
Scotland 373 (114.3 overs)

The match seems to be heading for a draw.

Indeed. The match ended in a tame draw. Scotland received 6 points due to first innings lead. A straight win would have put Scotland into the final of ICC intercontinental cup.

Final Score

Scotland 373 and 137 for 6 (Brown 26*, Wright 16*) drew with UAE 348 and 356 for 8 dec (A Ali 87, Silva 84, S Ali 62*)

gatekeeper
January 17, 2007, 01:48 AM
Scottish and Kenyean fans will be out of their minds to see this much coverage in this forum.

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2007, 01:59 AM
Scottish and Kenyean fans will be out of their minds to see this much coverage in this forum.

hehe. yeah, it's like that thread where hatebreed posts a link to a bideshi forum that probably has the most detailed set of bangladesh domestic cricket stats on the triple double you.

gatekeeper
January 18, 2007, 12:51 PM
hehe. yeah, it's like that thread where hatebreed posts a link to a bideshi forum that probably has the most detailed set of bangladesh domestic cricket stats on the triple double you.

Maybe. Wasn't that about just one man's obsession with Bangladesh cricket?

Xavier
February 10, 2007, 12:20 PM
Ireland are hammering the UAE:
Day-1 stumps
Ireland 461/2
Morgan 182* and Botha 136* are making a 325 runs partnership!

Miraz
February 10, 2007, 07:09 PM
Ireland made an impressive start in their tie against UAE at Abu Dhabi.

At stumps day one.

Ireland 461 for 2 (Morgan 182*, Botha 136*)

Miraz
February 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="589"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" width="25%">Ireland 531/5d
United Arab Emirates 222/9 (78.0 ov)
United Arab Emirates trail by 309 runs with 1 wicket remaining in the 1st innings
(Stumps : Day 2)
</td> </tr></tbody></table>

Miraz
February 12, 2007, 06:25 AM
Ireland demolished UAE at their home ground.

Final score

Ireland 531/5d
United Arab Emirates 243 & 118 (48.0 ov)

Ireland won by an innings and 170 runs

Here's the points table

<!-- TABLEBEGIN -->
<table class="editorialTable" border="2" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><th colspan="9">Group A</th></tr> </thead><thead> <tr> <td align="center"> Match 5 of 6 </td> <td align="center"> P </td> <td align="center"> WO </td> <td align="center"> WI </td> <td align="center"> D </td> <td align="center"> LI </td> <td align="center"> LO </td> <td align="center"> T </td> <td align="center"> Points </td> </tr> </thead> <tbody><tr class="Scotland"> <td align="left"> Ireland
</td> <td align="center"> 3 </td> <td align="center"> 2
</td> <td align="center"> -
</td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 35 </td> </tr> <tr class="Ireland"> <td align="left"> Scotland
</td> <td align="center"> 3
</td> <td align="center"> 1
</td> <td align="center"> 1
</td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 35
</td> </tr> <tr class="Namibia"> <td align="left"> Namibia </td> <td align="center"> 3 </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 2 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 20 </td> </tr> <tr class="United_Arab_Emirates"> <td align="left"> United Arab Emirates </td> <td align="center"> 3
</td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> 2
</td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 0 </td> </tr> <tr><th colspan="9">Group B</th></tr> </tbody><thead> <tr> <td align="center"> Match 6 of 6 </td> <td align="center"> P </td> <td align="center"> WO </td> <td align="center"> WI </td> <td align="center"> D </td> <td align="center"> LI </td> <td align="center"> LO </td> <td align="center"> T </td> <td align="center"> Points </td> </tr> </thead> <tbody><tr class="Canada"> <td align="left"> Canada </td> <td align="center"> 3 </td> <td align="center"> 2 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 40 </td> </tr> <tr class="Netherlands"> <td align="left"> Netherlands </td> <td align="center"> 3 </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 26 </td> </tr> <tr class="Kenya"> <td align="left"> Kenya </td> <td align="center"> 3 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 9 </td> </tr> <tr class="Bermuda"> <td align="left"> Bermuda </td> <td align="center"> 3 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 1 </td> <td align="center"> - </td> <td align="center"> 9</td></tr></tbody></table>

AsifTheManRahman
February 12, 2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe. Wasn't that about just one man's obsession with Bangladesh cricket?

well the last time i checked, quite a few others seemed pretty interested in the results too.

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 06:13 PM
The final of the ICC Intercontinental cup is now being played between Ireland and Canada at Grace Road, Leicester, England.

Score at Stumps Day 1

Canada 92
Ireland 250/3 (62.0 ov)

Shafin
May 23, 2007, 01:19 AM
Ireland Simply too ahead.

Does Kenya play in it?

Hatebreed
May 23, 2007, 02:33 AM
Ireland is playing great. Their players seem more experienced than ameteurs against these associate teams.

Xavier
May 23, 2007, 05:08 AM
Ireland Simply too ahead.

Does Kenya play in it?

This is the final of the tournament, Kenya went out in the group stage with 2 draws and 1 loss.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icccont/engine/series/234441.html?view=pointstable

TheWatcher
May 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
Ireland retained Intercontinental Cup.

Canada 92 & 145 (36.5 ov)
Ireland 352

Ireland won by an innings and 115 runs.

Jeremy Bray became the MOM for his innings of 146 runs.

Scorecard (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/icccont/engine/match/247223.html)

crikss
May 23, 2007, 02:03 PM
Surely Ireland improved a lot...

Tigers_eye
May 23, 2007, 02:20 PM
lol, Indian ghobor'i asey.