PDA

View Full Version : More and Chappell unethical business deal?

Kamini
April 1, 2006, 01:15 AM
More and Chappell unethical business deal right in front of the nose of BCCI.

http://www.cricketnext.com/features1/sanjayjha/sanjayjha222.htm

Edited on, April 1, 2006, 6:16 AM GMT, by Kamini.

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2006, 11:34 AM
I don't see the link between business and selection of Ganguly. Coaches, selectors and players can have business on the side. No harm done. People work for 40 hours and that is considered full-time. As long as they are doing their job there shouldn't be any problem.

I do not like G Chappel. But I think he is doing Indian Cricket a favor. Unearthing young guns gives hope and option for the future. Previously, in Pakistan we saw what happened after the WC. Mass sacking from the team. For a year Pakistan did come down to almost BD standard. But after gaining some experience they are making back to where they were. India would find a themselves in the same shoes had Ganguly wasn't removed. he would hold on to his experienced bowlers and batsmen. the new comers wouldn't have a shot at to prove themselves. Thus after the 2007 WC, there would have been retirements of Ganguly, Laxman, Tendulkar, Zaheer khan, Agarkar, Kumble. The team would still be continuing with Balaji, Nehra. Yuvraj, Kaif and the new quicks would rot at the sideline till then.

So my point is, even though I don't like Chappel but I know he is building a good base for the future.

Carte Blanche
April 3, 2006, 11:39 AM
Ganguly was a cancer in the team. It had to be removed. It takes a strong character to carry out what was needed with Ganguly and Greg gets my kudos for doing it efficiently. Sure, he has lost some fans in the process, but they can thank him in 2 years.

Miraz
April 3, 2006, 11:43 AM
I doin't agrre with u Carte. ganguly is the man behind India's current position in world cricket. Before ganuguly they were the choker in world cricket. He changed the whole image.

He deserved some fare treatment.

Well, I am not a fan of Chappel but I don't find anything wrong having business relationship with Kiran More who is the chief selector. Chappel survived worst situation than this and will survive here quite easily.

cricket_zenith
April 4, 2006, 07:46 AM
well wot i'd like 2 point out is y the hell is viru n kaif(with 5 consecutive ducks) doin in the team???
y can't they pick ganguly??infact he din't score so many ducks consecutively..........being so harsh is absolutely disgustin...

Baundule
April 4, 2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by cricket_zenith
infact he din't score so many ducks consecutively

SO, not scoring consecutive ducks should be a criteria to be selected in the team ;)

About Kaif, I concur with you. But only because of my personal disliking of him. Forget about the past few innings, he has done quite good job for the indian team. And viru...you can't so easily discard a matchwinner. Everyone has a bad patch and he is certainly going to do it again, winning the match!