PDA

View Full Version : Abahani OR Mohamedan

Rabz
April 2, 2006, 11:53 PM
Hey guys..remember back in the old days (80's and 90's)..
when soccer (football) used to rule our sporting arena...

and when it comes to football matches in Bangladesh...
the biggest thing that comes to my mind is the rivalry between ABAHANI and MOHAMEDAN....

man..those were good times...

i, for one, is one of the biggest , the most devoted , the most staunchest supporter of ABAHANI....God i luv that team with all my heart....i still do..i always will...

and yes,,,,i HATE Mohamedan...with all my guts...:E

So i thought lets find out in our forum who goes for Abahani or Mohamedan...
lets have a freindly bash at each other.....:P
(for old times sake..the golden days of our soccer)

and share ur most memorable moments in those epic Abahani-Mohamedan clashes...

GO ABAHANI GO !!

PoorFan
April 3, 2006, 03:29 AM
Well, I don't hate Abahani like you do about Mohamedan!

But I believe Abahani is the loser of CENTURY!:P:P:P

You know why? because they used to lose even against Azad boys, Dilkhosha. I also don't like their sky-blue & yellow uniform, looked like a bunch stupid chameleon all the time ( to me ).:floor:

Sovik
April 3, 2006, 04:55 AM
Ilish Macher Tirish kata
Bowal Macher Dari
Mohamedan Vikkha Kore
Abahonir Bari

Yameen
April 3, 2006, 06:39 AM
Abahani forever!!!!!!!!

Miraz
April 3, 2006, 08:11 AM
Abahani was the best (at my time)

Hatebreed
April 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
Mohamedan forever!!... Abahani = losers.. :down: :head:

Mohamedan and Man Utd rulez!! :fanflag:

Hatebreed
April 3, 2006, 10:14 AM
I wonder how true this could be-

majority of Abahani supporters support AL, Arsenal, Argentina and India

majority of Mohamedan supporters support BNP, Man Utd, Brazil and Pakistan

:umm:

Faceoff
April 3, 2006, 10:17 AM
Mohamedan is the greatest sporting club in Bangladesh.

Ababhani:down:

Hatebreed
April 3, 2006, 10:22 AM
Amar bhai tomar bhai FACEOFF bhai FACEOFF bhai! :lol:

Carte Blanche
April 3, 2006, 10:25 AM
Mohamedan all the way :clap:

Miraz
April 3, 2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Hatebreed

Poor observation :sorry:

I support Abahani, greatest ever club in BD :up:

And then BNP, Man Utd and Pakistan.

Pls don't generalize sports with politics :sorry:

Hatebreed
April 3, 2006, 10:38 AM
I made no generalisation.

I wonder how true this could be

I know a lot of people who support BNP/MM and AL/AH

Carte Blanche
April 3, 2006, 10:46 AM

Actually that holds quite true from my personal experience (my extended family included).

Hatebreed
April 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
Exactly, same here.. although there are variations and exceptions, somewhere there's a connection

Navarene
April 3, 2006, 11:29 AM
Abahani.....by thick and thin :fire:

jayed
April 3, 2006, 01:29 PM
MOHAMMEDAN! and it is tru u know, that ppl who like abahoni tend 2 like al more, and mohammedan lyk bnp/jamat more.

i like the black/white of mohammedan and i like bnp/jamat,
blive it or not, I LUV MAN UTD and LUV PKSTN!

shame abahoni lost 3-0 2 mohammedan!
:bravo::bravo:

ialbd
April 3, 2006, 01:51 PM
are amar favourite club nai keno list e....

Fokirapool Wanderers (Go fokirs... go ...)
________
Vapir air one vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vapir-air-one)

jayed
April 3, 2006, 01:58 PM
brothers union r quite good.

where do ppl in bd come up with names?

brother union-come on!

Yameen
April 3, 2006, 03:46 PM
nah nah nah, the general trend is that if u support Abahani, u tend to favour AL cos of the obvious link, and they also tend to support Brazil more, and India over pakistan as india did help bangladesh during the war. dont know about the connections with man.utd and all that.

but for me, im an Abahani fan, i favour AL, I support brazil and man.utd, but i really dont give a t*ss about india or pakishtan, lol no offence anyone,:flag:

Rabz
April 3, 2006, 09:38 PM
i am a ABAHANI supporter , all my life...
but though i don support any political side..i'd have to say im more inclined to BNP than AL...

i am also a big big biggest fan of BRAZIL and yeah..
i don give a rat's back bout india or pakistan...
esp pakis...

i guess it depends on individuals...

Go Abahani Go!!
Go the sky-blue yellow !!

sabbir ahmad
April 3, 2006, 10:09 PM
Abahaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii:up:

ammark
April 4, 2006, 06:18 AM
supported Mohammedan vs Abahani

whatbt the old clubs: Wari, Victoria SC? Then there's Arambagh and Muktijoddha Sangsad KC too!

Rabz
April 4, 2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ammark

whatbt the old clubs: Wari, Victoria SC? Then there's Arambagh and Muktijoddha Sangsad KC too!

what about them ??

mate i really havent come across ANY one in my life who is a die hard supporter of Arambag or Wari or Youngmen's Fakirerpool...:sorry:

i thought all those other teams were there to fill the gaps...
at least during the 80's n early 90's....its just recently other teams like Brothers Union or Muktijodhdha has started to win trophies...but back then it was all about Abahani and Mohamedan..whether it was soccer cricket hockey or ludu..

btw..did only young poor people used to play for youngmen's fakirerpool club ?? :floor: :floor:

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2006, 09:28 AM
BJMC anyone?

Anyways, as similar to JO myth, april fool's myth, and so many other myths, Abahoni supporters myth is also a false myth. I do not tend to support AL. Shala ershad'rey shoraiye election'a pach bar BNP'rey vote disi ki emney? India, can't stand them (except Srikkanth, Kapil, Tendu, Kaif, Pathan). Pakis only support for Hanif-Imran-Miadad-mudassar-sharfaraj and some other oldies and in hockey, squash.

Munna, Munna, Munna!! kothai Kaisar hamid, samad. ek munna diye west bengal kiney nisi.

Carte Blanche
April 4, 2006, 09:48 AM
What wouldn't we give to watch a few matches like this?

http://www.independent-bangladesh.com/news/jul/02/photo6.jpg

http://www.umsl.edu/~mst223/Abahani_files/image002.jpg

nayef
April 4, 2006, 12:53 PM

I have seen a lot like this (in my extended family as well) ... but may be its not a norm.
however, there are a lot of ppl who support Abahani for its political background.

Anyway... Mohammedans all the way :D .. nth beats watching these two teams fighting it out at Dhaka Stadium with each gallery (eastern/western) supporting one of the teams.

Nocturnal
April 4, 2006, 04:40 PM
Abahani is the best!
Monem Munna was my all time favourite.

Thanks Sydney for this nice thread.

Rabz
April 4, 2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Nocturnal
Abahani is the best!
Monem Munna was my all time favourite.

Thanks Sydney for this nice thread.

no worries mate..u r welcome...

guess we could use some nice threads esp in this midst of
thread crisis..that we r going thru right now...

as for Abahani Vs Mohamedan epic clash goes...
i really miss it...

miss that passion and excitement...
only time i get it is wen BD cricket playing...
but its not even close to those heart-stopping nail baiting
epic darbies...

it would hv bn great if we could resurrect our soccer and bring back those excitement back

CricketPagolChele
April 5, 2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Yameen
but for me, im an Abahani fan, i favour AL, I support brazil and man.utd, but i really dont give a t*ss about india or pakishtan, lol no offence anyone,:flag:

Yameen Bhai....
this is the 1st time i have seen that someone who supports AL does not support India...thats news to me !!! I am abahani supporter, love BNP,FCDallas(Dallas Soccer Team) Like Pakis.....

Tigers_eye
April 5, 2006, 10:57 AM
Great! yesterday when I left the poll was 10 - 10 tie. Now 12 - 10 in favor of Abahoni.

CricketPagolChele
April 5, 2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Great! yesterday when I left the poll was 10 - 10 tie. Now 12 - 10 in favor of Abahoni.

Now 13 - 10 in favor of Abahoni.

Shehwar
April 5, 2006, 11:41 AM

Mohamedans all the way!!!!! Btw I do support Brazil and Pakistan as well...Not quite sure about Man U though....So still pretty true in my case.....I remember we alwayz used to kick Abahoni's a**....Specially with Shabbir(The greatest Bangladeshi play-maker of all time) and Kaiser Hamid around.And we alwayz had better foreign collection...Players like Ameka, Rohimov and Zivotnikov just to name a few were all in a different league...Ah!...Those were the days!

Rabz
April 5, 2006, 11:57 AM
mate..u used to kick Abahani's *** ...when ??

remember..Abahani is the first team to record the hatrick...
Abahani had always the best foreign players... let it be soccer or cricket.....
Abahani was the first team to be corporated as Limited Co

and we used to kick ur *** with Monem Munna, the best defender BD ever had, Aslam, Mohsin, .................................

Tehsin
April 5, 2006, 03:47 PM
Abahani - that was way before someone told me the history of the club and it's link to AL. I loved Abahani for its star players (Salahuddin, Aslam, Monem Munna, Akram Khan later on) and its style.

I used to like BNP cause it was Ziaur Rahman's group and my whole family loved the guy. Never cared for politics. Didn't have any reason to side with either AL or BNP and I am absolutely against the razakar/vondo huzur party. Eventually, realized that majority politicians (specially in the party leadership) are crooks (sorry if your family is in politics) and has no compassion for the country and its people.

Used to like Pakistan for Imran Khan and later Wasim Akram, like Tendulkar and Dravid in India. Not die hard fans of either country. I'd support Sri Lanka just cause of their supporters who came to BC. Good folks. Thank God Bangladesh is in the top tier, nijer desh thakte r kaoke support korar to proshnoi uthena. :)

Brazil (obvious) and France (Platini and gang) tops my world list. I also find myself rooting for Argentina, England, USA, and Asian sides.

Nocturnal
April 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Sydney
mate..u used to kick Abahani's *** ...when ??

remember..Abahani is the first team to record the hatrick...
Abahani had always the best foreign players... let it be soccer or cricket.....
Abahani was the first team to be corporated as Limited Co

and we used to kick ur *** with Monem Munna, the best defender BD ever had, Aslam, Mohsin, .................................

:up:
I can still recall Sameer Shakir, Jhukov.
Three cheers for Abahani.

akabir77
April 5, 2006, 07:25 PM
I was one of the owner of the flag stand for abahani beside the Airport road....

Before every match i would fly that.. And i think i had the 2nd tallest bambo in that row...

Oh those days...

I lost count how many time we kicked mahamadans bottom....

by the way I support the other way on the other stuff so your genralization is not right

sar2005
April 8, 2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by sovik
Ilish Macher Tirish kata
Bowal Macher Dari
Mohamedan Vikkha Kore
Abahonir Bari

Ilish Macher Tirish kata
Bowal Macher Dari
Abahani Vikkha Kore
Mohamedaner Bari

Mohammedan Forever
And Rohimov was the best ever player played in Bangladesh.

Miraz
April 8, 2006, 11:36 AM
Abahani Forever

Shehwar
April 8, 2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by sar2005
Originally posted by sovik
Ilish Macher Tirish kata
Bowal Macher Dari
Mohamedan Vikkha Kore
Abahonir Bari

Ilish Macher Tirish kata
Bowal Macher Dari
Abahani Vikkha Kore
Mohamedaner Bari

Mohammedan Forever

Agreed...:up:

HereWeGo
April 14, 2006, 08:49 PM
Poor observation :sorry:

I support Abahani, greatest ever club in BD :up:

And then BNP, Man Utd and Pakistan.

Pls don't generalize sports with politics :sorry:

Wen i think abt it i think u r right. But however i do not support India or pakistan. I was a big supporter of Abahani but never liked India or pakistan. India because they never really extended a big helping hand to our cricket and they also don allow our goods in their market. And pakistan... well i can never support them... i can always accept their presense( i am not a racist) but cant support a nation that killed 3 million of our people and build islamabad wih our money. i mean supporting them is a big insult to all those people who fought for our independence. By the way going back to the topic i support Brazil which is also somehow againt your observation.

Sovik
April 15, 2006, 06:59 AM
Ilish Macher Tirish kata
Bowal Macher Dari
Abahani Vikkha Kore
Mohamedaner Bari

Mohammedan Forever

why modify the original. come up with something else

Shakalaka
April 25, 2006, 05:13 PM
Abahani All the Way!!!

MOhameddan SUCKS big time!

Dhurr
April 27, 2006, 05:49 PM
Amader ghor shob shomoi divided thakto. That made it fun to watch the Mohammedan vs. Abahani games.

Anyone else remember the game in Dhaka Stadium where Mohammedan beat that team from the Maldives 8-0? I was in the stadium for that game, and after watching it live, how can you not support Mohammedan? Even Abahani supporters were rooting for us during that game.

Dhurr
April 27, 2006, 05:53 PM
Actually that holds quite true from my personal experience (my extended family included).

Same here. I think most people fit that criteria. I don't though, at least for the most part. I support Mohammedan, AL (not that much though; I just don't like the rajakars BNP sides with) and Brazil. I dont care much about Man U. or Arsenal; soccer meyeder khela. I dont care particularly about India or Pakistan. The only cricket team I support is Bangladesh (although I do enjoy watching Australia and South Africa every once in a while; South Africa back in the '92 world cup - now that was a fun team to watch).

So, with caveats, I like Mohammedan, AL, Brazil.

exotic
April 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
Anyone else remember the game in Dhaka Stadium where Mohammedan beat that team from the Maldives 8-0? I was in the stadium for that game, and after watching it live, how can you not support Mohammedan?...

I was there too. At the beginning of the game I decided to smoke cigeratte whenever Mohammedan scores a goal. At one point MSC scored three goals before I finished one cigeratte. That was a great match. Yeah I also support Mohammedan, Brazil, and BNP. I think Naljegar (during 1987/88) was simply superb, the duo of Naljegar and Vijen Tahiri (scored 24 goals in that season) was awesome. Monu, Shabbir and Joshi also used to gave Abahani a very hard time. Those old good days. (it was really fun to watch those matches in recreation room of the cadet college with full of vocal supports for both team)

After our independence MSC have won the league title 12 times and Abahani won 11 times. In fedearation cup, MSC won 8 titles and Abahani 7. Yes Abahani won hatrick league title (1983-85) but each year they were beaten by MSC, and for the next three years (1986-88) Mohammedan was unbeaten champion. I don't have the stat right now, but I believe on a head to head basis MSC have win more matches than AKC. So those who are saying Abahani is the greatest ever team in Bangladesh, or way way ahead of Mohammedan, for them results and history doesn't support ur view unfortunately:p .

It is really unfortunate that both the teams are now on downhill (both in football and cricket).

Dhurr
April 27, 2006, 10:05 PM
exotic, whenever I read the news these days, all I see are the new teams like dohs or muktijoddha getting all the best players. I stopped followed the dhaka cricket or soccer leagues a while ago. And yes, I still remember those two guys, Naljegar and Tahiri. Naljegar, Vijen Tahiri, Rahimov, Emeka - they were all good foreign players.

Daddy_Mac
April 28, 2006, 05:39 AM

I am not too sure about the world football..I am an Mohanmaddern supporter and also a Arsenal supporter....So ur facts are wrong....
Although U are right about BNP & Al.....

Miraz
April 28, 2006, 05:55 AM
I was there too. At the beginning of the game I decided to smoke cigeratte whenever Mohammedan scores a goal. At one point MSC scored three goals before I finished one cigeratte. That was a great match. Yeah I also support Mohammedan, Brazil, and BNP. I think Naljegar (during 1987/88) was simply superb, the duo of Naljegar and Vijen Tahiri (scored 24 goals in that season) was awesome. Monu, Shabbir and Joshi also used to gave Abahani a very hard time. Those old good days. (it was really fun to watch those matches in recreation room of the cadet college with full of vocal supports for both team)

After our independence MSC have won the league title 12 times and Abahani won 11 times. In fedearation cup, MSC won 8 titles and Abahani 7. Yes Abahani won hatrick league title (1983-85) but each year they were beaten by MSC, and for the next three years (1986-88) Mohammedan was unbeaten champion. I don't have the stat right now, but I believe on a head to head basis MSC have win more matches than AKC. So those who are saying Abahani is the greatest ever team in Bangladesh, or way way ahead of Mohammedan, for them results and history doesn't support ur view unfortunately:p .

It is really unfortunate that both the teams are now on downhill (both in football and cricket).

Dear Exotic, we passed the golden age of ou BD football at that time. I can still feel the passion in 185-1990 time. I was a big supporter of Abahani with my elder brother (just 1 year, never called him bhai :) , was my best friend) a die hard Mohammedan supporter. we used to have big flags in two very close poles at our house. We had scoreboards, and used two-in-one's with max. volume for commentary and if broadcasted in TV, the roads were empty. I don't whether students at their teens still has that passion for football?? Most probably the answer is a big 'No'.

I want to add few more names like Samir Shakir, Karimov, Rahimov, Pakir Ali & Premlal. Unfortunately football lost their way and has no place in world arena now (we were never a good footballing nation).

Another point, as far as I remember Abahani has better head 2 head record against Mohammedan :lol:

exotic
April 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
... with my elder brother (just 1 year, never called him bhai :) ,...)

No need to call me Bhai either:) .

I don't whether students at their teens still has that passion for football?? Most probably the answer is a big 'No'.

I am afraid that u r 100% correct.

Another point, as far as I remember Abahani has better head 2 head record against Mohammedan :lol:

Thats my mistake then. I have also lost my interest in Bangladesh football sometime during 1992/3. But during mid 80's to late 80's the passion for football in all age group was just amazing.

BTW, i was sleeping the time u called me, cause I had another exam today (2 to go). Later I tried to reach u. Hopefully I will meet u guys soon. Onek din dhore jompesh adda deya hoy na (university-r friend der sathe bijatiyo bhasay kotha bole aram pai na), hopefully we will have good time in the field.;)

Mahmood
April 28, 2006, 10:26 PM
Top rivals overs time...

Mohammedan vs Wanderers
Mohammedan vs BJMC
Mohammedan vs Abahoni
Mohammedan vs Muktijodhdha
Mohammedan vs Brothers Union

Looks like it is Mohammedan forever...

Fazal
May 1, 2006, 04:12 PM
Here is another attempt to generalize Abahani and Mohamedan fans.

Abahani fans also loves Alok and Ashraful. Beacuse they appriciate style over result.
Mohamedan fans loves Rana and Gullu. Because they appriciate result over style.

Faceoff
May 1, 2006, 08:16 PM
Mohamedan fans loves Rana and Gullu ...

OH hell no.

BTW We love both results and style !!!

Tigers_eye
May 2, 2006, 08:50 AM
why modify the original. come up with something else
lol, sovik,
Manush chinla na. these are moha mod*n fans. What more do you expect other than copying others? mohamadan'er field'a konodin originality chilo na, off the field supporterder'o kono originality nai.

------------

Fazal'er mathai "thada" poruk. Naah, "ram thada" poruk.

-----------

tutul
May 5, 2006, 01:33 PM
i was a die hard fan of abahani...but thisdays abahani seems like dying itself.

Rabz
June 16, 2007, 12:00 AM
Its time to dig up the old thread and bring back the rivalry.
Looks like there is a local derby tonight in the B League.

And yes, it is between

the greatest club in the world ABAHANI
VS
the biggest looser club in the world Mohamedan

GO ABAHANI GO.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/AbahaniDhakaLogo.jpg/130px-AbahaniDhakaLogo.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:AbahaniDhakaLogo.jpg)

Mahir
June 16, 2007, 12:12 AM
The Blue n Yellow should drop the stuffin' out of the Moha Modons! Go Abahani!!!

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 06:40 AM
black and white ALL.THE.WAY baby.

Shafin
June 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
Results of the match?

damalChele
June 16, 2007, 09:23 AM
I never supported the koshai's...Abahani all the way

Mahir
June 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
Abahani sits atop the standings so far. Yee-haw!

One World
June 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
Soccer - Abahoni
W Soccer - Italy
Politically - Pro BNP
Neighbour support - None
Cricket be4 BD - West Indies
Cricket in BD - Biman

Abahoni manei goal - Salahuddin, Aslam, Emily, Pakir Ali, Monem Munna

:wow:

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 03:33 PM
zero-zero ... criminal refs ... two disallowed goals ... pathetic standard on a horrible pitch.

Nocturnal
June 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="newsdetails" valign="top">B. League
Tasty derby drawn
Al Musabbir Sadi

Abahani and Mohammedan did a favour to football when they brought back excitement to the ground after a long time.The two perennial foes shared points in a goalless draw in the crucial B. League match yesterday and although the result may have hampered their championship race, the dying game witnessed the high voltage drama that was the trademark of any clash between the two heavyweights.
It was not the usual electric atmosphere of a houseful Bangabandhu National Stadium but before the season's highest attendance -- a 20,000-strong crowd -- the Dhaka derby came alive and both sides had a goal disallowed in the second half, leading to arguments all around the venue.
"It was an entertaining game and I think one side should have won for the crowd. I am sure they have enjoyed a tense Abahani-Mohammedan match after a long period," told Mohammedan coach Shafiqul Islam Manik, whose side shared the lead with Abahani on 23 points.
Although Abahani have played one match less to Mohammedan's 13, Manik has the comfort of having played against three big names at the start of the second leg.
After heavy seasonal rain, the pitch was heavy and slow but that could not stop the title contenders from being lively.
Farhad, who won a first team place in absence of suspended Nigerian striker Emeka, rushed early blood when he got behind the rival backline chasing a freekick by Kamal. But the former Abahani forward's left footer from a tight angle ran wide at the far post after five minutes.
Three minutes later, Kamal pulled off a stunning save to foil a superb combined effort between Abahani's debutant foreign pair Obi Mikel John and Souleyman Nchouwat. Mikel picked up the Cameroonian 'Djibril Cisse lookalike' with a diagonal pass but Nchouwat's overhead shot was headed out off the goalline by Kamal after Liberian custodian Paul James was beaten.
The rest of the first half was all sky-blues but they clearly failed to find a solution to keep the ball on target. Abahani enjoyed superior ball possession and put tremendous pressure on the rival three-man central defence, which conceded a series of freekicks just outside the area.
Abahani made nothing off the setpieces while long-range efforts by Ghanaian Ibrahim and Nigerian Mikel hardly bothered a panicky James.
Mohammedan came close to score from a rare counter attack on the stroke of halftime but Zahid's chipped shot from the right after a long throw by Nigerian centre-back Peter Odafe kissed the crossbar.
Abahani began the second half with fresh vigour and Ibrahim shot the ball into the sidenetting in the first minute before the indefatigable Ghana attacker set a chance for Ujjal, who dribbled one defender but fired wide from inside.
Abahani, who had won the first leg match 1-0, took off holding midfielder Pranotosh to push a more attacking Abul but Mohammedan picked up the momentum midway through.
Substitute Belal, famous for his powerful and long throws, did not get a good grip on the ball because of wet conditions but his 70th minute throw unsettled the otherwise tight Abahani defence. After a partial clearance, Zahid hammered the ball into the roof of the net but the assistant referee's flag was up for a foul as goalkeeper Biplab had one eye poked by a Mohammedan finger.
Three minutes later, Zahid was denied by the woodwork again when his header on Farhad's corner hit the underside of the crossbar before Wali kicked the ball out of their area.
An Ujjal corner then ran through a forest of legs as Mohammedan made a great escape, seconds before substitute Emily found the net with a diving header seven minutes from time.
Emily, who replaced Nchouwat four minutes earlier, outran James for a low centre by Zahed to nod the ball into the near post but referee Mansoor Azad had spotted a foul by the Abahani striker on the keeper although his assistant kept the flag down.
In the injury time, Abul's cross ran harmlessly across the Mohammedan goal as no Abahani player could get the final touch.
"It was unfortunate to see Emily's goal disallowed," said a furious Abahani manager Satyajit Das Rupu. "The goalie was nowhere near Emily so how could it be a foul?" questioned the former national midfielder.
"We controlled the game and our opponents only threatened from two setpieces. Had Nchouwat's early attempt not been cleared off the line, it would have been a different result. We created ample chances but the finishing was poor as usual," he said adding that Joy was booked early for a simple foul so he could never go for a hard tackle again.
"The same referee did not bring out the card when Mohammedan players committed serious fouls."
Mohammedan coach Manik, who had criticised the referee heavily after their 1-1 draw against Muktijoddha last week, however, refused to comment.
"Ask the referee, everyone saw what happened today. To me, we have been robbed off a goal," Manik said.
Yellow cards: Joy, Ibrahim (Abahani) and Zahid (Mohammedan)
TEAMS
Abahani: Biplab, Siraji, Nazrul, Pradip, Wali, Ujjal, Pranotosh (Abul, 56th minute), Joy, Mikel (Zahed 68th), Ibrahim and Nchouwat (Emily, 79th).
Mohammedan: James, Arif, Odafe, Biplab (Belal, 46th), Zahid, Kamal, Sharif, Divine, Paul, Farhad and Rony (Mithu, 58th).

</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="180"> http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/17/2007-06-17__sport01.jpg (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/17/d70617040133p.htm)
Fans Are Back For A Change: (L) A partial view of the Bangabandhu National Stadium during the blood and thunder B.League clash between Abahani and Mohammad yesterday. (R) Mohammedan's Nigerian forward Paul Mac hurdles over a sliding tackle by Abahani left-back Wali Faisal. PHOTO: STAR </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Sohel
August 2, 2007, 08:05 AM
Soccer - Abahoni
W Soccer - Italy
Politically - Pro BNP
Neighbour support - None
Cricket be4 BD - West Indies
Cricket in BD - Biman

Abahoni manei goal - Salahuddin, Aslam, Emily, Pakir Ali, Monem Munna

:wow:

W Soccer- Brazil
Politically- NAP (Bhashani)
Chamchaguiri- None
Cricket before BD- W4est Indies and Sri Lanka
Cricket in BD- Dhaka, Mohamedan

Mohamedan SC- Major Hafizuddin (FF), Shantoo, Manju ... Naquib since I've been back.

Puck
August 2, 2007, 09:10 AM
black and white ALL.THE.WAY baby.

lovely to know that you are an ardent admirer of newcastle united ;)

Nocturnal
September 2, 2007, 05:29 PM
Abahani-Mohammedan match for a GOOD reason ended 0-0 last night in Dhaka Stadium :)
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="newsdetails" valign="top">
Stars blitz
Sports Reporter

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="200"><tbody><tr> <td>http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2007-09-03__sp01.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td class="osdn-navtext">ALL FOR A NOBLE CAUSE: (Clockwise from Top-Left) Silver screen heartthrobs Ferdous and Moushumi waves to cheering crowd, present and past star footballers of Abahani parade on their familiar den, country's film doyen Razzak (R) shares a light moment with former national winger Chunnu and Salam Murshedi led the all-star Mohammedan team ahead of their exhibition match against bitter rivals Abahani at the Bangabandhu National Stadium yesterday. The show was arranged to raise fund for the flood victims of the country. Photo: Anisur Rahman
</td></tr></tbody></table>If a galaxy comes down to earth, people are bound to be bewildered.

And more than 25,000 spectators were enthralled by the gala show when the stars of 'Dhaliwood' joined footballers of past and present at the Bangabandhu National Stadium yesterday for a noble cause; to raise fund for the country's flood victims.

Even though a trademark Aslam header, a typical Sabbir through pass, dazzling skill out on the flank by Wasim, a fierce Chunnu freekick or a regulation miss by Farhad in front of goal failed to stir the huge crowd during a 50-minute Abahani-Mohammedan friendly that ended in a goalless draw, presence of the silver screen heroes and heroines turned out to be a memorable event if not a blockbuster.

Even the slightest possession of ball or a regulation catch by the goalkeeper of the 'cinema star' team was cheered passionately by the roaring fans, reminding the football lovers that they had not even seen a crowd this big in this season's recently concluded professional football league.

For players like Badal Roy, Salam Murshedi, Kaiser Hamid, Babloo, Jewel Rana (wearing the sky-blue shirt of Abahani for the first time), Biplab or Joy who have graced this great sporting venue and were used to fervent support, the partiality towards the film stars may have been painful.

But they would all return home happy knowing that the joint effort would put a substantial amount of money to the Chief Adviser's relief fund.

All earnings plus some individual donations will be handed over to the Chief Adviser by the organisers today.

The men and women, who live in the world of deception, however, would be happier as they kept their promise of winning their match by 'hook or crook'. The movie celebrities defeated an unimpressive veteran footballers' team 3-0 with Manna, Amin Khan and an unidentified star scoring all three goals with their hands.

The new generation: Shabnur, Poppy, Mousumi, Poornima, Jona, Nodi, Ferdous, Shakib, Amin, Alexander Bo; a few older ones: Subrata, Manna, Ali Raj, Rubel, Amit Hassan, Omar Sunny, Bappa Raj; 'infamous' villains: Nisha, Miju, Kabila; and veterans like Anis and Notun were there.

But there was no one like the king himself: Razzak.

The living legend, despite undergoing a gall bladder surgery last Monday, showed true spirit by attending the razzmatazz. Clad in red shirt, jeans and a stylish panama hat, the former goalkeeper of the 'film star' team glowed as usual.

The night was rounded off with a cultural show.
</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="180"> <!-- http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/2007-08-13__front01.jpg (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/d7081301011p.htm)
One of several CNG filling stations between Kanchpur Bridge and Jatrabari of the capital which BNP big shots built on the Kutubkhali canal, drastically reducing Dhaka's drainage capability. PHOTO: STAR -->
</td> </tr></tbody></table> source (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=2411)

Rabz
September 3, 2007, 12:08 AM
Ah... the players from the golden era of Bangladesh Football.

Nocturnal
September 3, 2007, 01:52 AM
Ah... the players from the golden era of Bangladesh Football.

I feel the same way while I was reading the match report in newpapers. Aslam's diving head...Sabbir's dribling..... *sigh*

MohammedC
November 20, 2007, 07:33 PM
Abahani enter last four
Staff Correspondent
Dhaka Abahani moved into the semi-finals of the 56th Bordoloi Trophy after playing out a goalless draw with defending champions Assam Electricity Board at the Nehru Stadium in Guwahati, Assam on Tuesday.
Abahani needed a draw in the last match of Group B to advance. The result meant the holders were eliminated from the tournament.
Abahani emerged as champions of Group B with Oil India as the runners-up. The Sky Blues will play ONGC of Mumbai in the semi-finals on Thursday. Port Authority of Thailand emerged as the top team of Group A.
Dhaka Abahani won their first match against Oil India 2-0. Muktijoddha striker Saifur Rahman Moni playing on loan for Abahani, scored both goals.
Abahani earlier finished runners-up in the Bordoloi Trophy in 1992 while Brothers Union remains the only Bangladesh team to have won the prestigious tournament in 2004.

Come on Abahani

Kana-Baba
November 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
mohamedan,
fuler bagan.

Mohiul
December 2, 2007, 09:58 AM
Je support kore Abahani
shay shudhu day joyoddhoni

Nocturnal
December 2, 2007, 04:26 PM
Charity series starts today
Abahani, Mohammedan ready to roll
Sports Reporter (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=14008)

Mohammedan Sporting Club will be playing their third match inside four days when they take on archrivals Abahani in a charity football match today.

It would be the first match of the Teletalk Best of Three Series, organised by the Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF), to raise fund for the distressed people of the southern part of the country which was ripped through by Cyclone Sidr last month.

All three matches -- on December 3, 5 and 7 -- will start at 4.30pm at the Bangabandhu National Stadium with the two arch-foes of the city fighting for prestige and glory. The matches will be settled in tiebreakers in case of a draw after regulation 90 minutes.

Sports Secretary Golam Mostafa Talukder will inaugurate the series as chief guest.

A rally was held yesterday morning from the Bangabandhu National Stadium to Jatiya Press Club as part of the event's promotion. Tickets (gallery Tk 30 daily, Tk 75 for all three matches and VIP Tk 100) will be available at stadium booths today.

Tigers_eye
December 5, 2007, 03:50 PM
Besht of thiri'r petthom duita shesh. 1-1. let aash c what happens on the decider.

Nocturnal
December 5, 2007, 04:04 PM
Besht of thiri'r petthom duita shesh. 1-1. let aash c what happens on the decider.

[বাংলা]সিরিজ ফলাফল প্রেডিকশন-
আবাহনী ২ - ১ মহামদন [/বাংলা] :-D

Murad
December 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
MSC bag charity series
Beat Abahani again on penalties
Sports Reporter

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2007-12-08__sp01.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD class=osdn-navtext>Mohammedan footballers celebrate their victory over Abahani in the charity football series after Ripon Khan (not in picture) scored the decisive goal in the tiebreaker at the Bangabandhu National Stadium yesterday. Photo: STAR
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Guest goalkeeper Aminul Haque saved two penalties as Mohammedan Sporting Club produced another tiebreaker win against Abahani yesterday to lift the Teletalk Best of Three charity series 2-1.

In a repeat of the opening match, Mohammedan outplayed their archrivals 4-2 in the penalty shootout after a scoreless 90 minutes in the third and final match at the Bangabandhu National Stadium.

Mohammedan won 5-4 on penalties in the first match before Abahani restored parity in the series with a 2-1 victory.

After an aggregate 14,000 turnout on the first two days, around 15,000 fans enjoyed the series finale, which meant the Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) is likely to raise a fund near Tk 10 lakh -- inclusive of Teletalk's Tk three lakh sponsorship -- for victims of Cyclone Sidr.

The BFF's initial target was to see houseful crowd on each of the three days but it failed to even sell a total of 33,000 tickets -- the official capacity of the venue.

The result in the end, would give the black and whites some solace to end the season after finishing runners-up to winners Abahani in this year's lone competition -- the B. League.

It were the sky-blues who began brightly with Emily and Robin showing great skill up front. Still, Abahani missed the experience of guest striker Moni, who was absent due to a hamstring injury that saw him limp off the ground early in the previous game.

The Abahani duo, however, failed to put Aminul to the real test due to lack of finishing. Emily though, found the net in the 16th minute, but the goal was disallowed for a foul picked up by the referee's assistant.

Abahani won numerous corners without any avail against a tight five-man backline while Waly Faisal failed to keep his freekick from 25 yards under the bar as their opposition gained momentum after the half hour.

read more (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=14608)

akabir77
December 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
they dis allowed a abahani goal...
shala refferrir gushti kilai...

M... Cho... refferring korey na khali ghush khay..

shalar pant khuila bashey tel dea p... dea uchit...

ahh good old days....

Tigers_eye
December 7, 2007, 05:40 PM
they dis allowed a abahani goal...
shala refferrir gushti kilai...

M... Cho... refferring korey na khali ghush khay..

shalar pant khuila bashey tel dea p... dea uchit...

ahh good old days....
figured something like that would happen before the match started.

Sohel
December 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
Watching BD football must be akin to watching Chinese Cricket. Anyway, for what it's worth again ... B & W ATW !!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/eb/Mohammedan_Sporting_Club.gif

Also I support Brazil, Liverpool, Barcelona and Sri lanka. Politically, the family's NAP-Bhasani, later JSD and pre-Jamaat BNP, I'm a Democrat and PROUD.

JIB and Pakistan ... NEVER !!!

Sovik
December 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
Watching BD football must be akin to watching Chinese Cricket. Anyway, for what it's worth again ... B & W ATW !!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/eb/Mohammedan_Sporting_Club.gif

Also I support Brazil, Liverpool, Barcelona and Sri lanka. Politically, the family's NAP-Bhasani, later JSD and pre-Jamaat BNP, I'm a Democrat and PROUD.

JIB and Pakistan ... NEVER !!!

you disappointed me. i was hoping you are a abahoni suppoter

One World
December 31, 2007, 12:35 AM
I love Abahoni.

Nocturnal
December 31, 2007, 12:42 AM
I love Abahoni.

me too :)
they never disappoint me like Tigers do *sigh*

shaad
January 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
I want to add few more names like Samir Shakir, Karimov, Rahimov, Pakir Ali & Premlal. Unfortunately football lost their way and has no place in world arena now (we were never a good footballing nation).

Black and white supporter here. And does anyone remember Shanto (so?) the goalie?

BanCricFan
January 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
Used to be a die-hard sky blue about 15 years ago and then everything just.....died!

Sohel
January 23, 2008, 02:43 AM
Black and white supporter here. And does anyone remember Shanto (so?) the goalie?

Shantu, HELL yeah. Major Hafiz, Rama Lushai and Monju too before the Shabbir era, THE DAYS ... :)

al-Sagar
January 28, 2008, 10:59 PM
i support mohammedan

i supported AL (but these days i support no political clubs)

i mainly support england or italy but when u ask me between arg and bra i support arg.

and i support liverpool and india

One World
February 4, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yes ABAHANI in the semis. Muktijoddha was beaten by artistic football from AB-strikers. Its gonna be an interesting league.

Nocturnal
February 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
Yes ABAHANI is in the semis now, too good for Muktijoddha :)

Sohel
February 5, 2008, 05:38 AM
:applause: ... Mighty Badda Jagoronir logue dui din ague chaukana tinda khaya eyahon abar laumba luamba kautha, typical AboHani ... :floor:

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2008, 09:21 AM
:applause: ... Mighty Badda Jagoronir logue dui din ague chaukana tinda khaya eyahon abar laumba luamba kautha, typical AboHani ... :floor:
Beshi haisen na. History tan dilay khobor asey. :D

The great Mohammedan club can do few things that no other club can match.
1) Referee pitani
2) player pitani
3) dorshok pitani
It goes on and on. :lol:

One World
February 5, 2008, 09:28 PM
Failed to draw with Arambag, so scared of ABAHANI :floor:

exotic
February 6, 2008, 10:50 AM
Beshi haisen na. History tan dilay khobor asey. :D

The great Mohammedan club can do few things that no other club can match.
1) Referee pitani
2) player pitani
3) dorshok pitani
It goes on and on. :lol:

Pitay Mohammedan ar jail-e jai Apamoni (opps abohani)-r player ra. Hint hint 1982. Tiger bhai ki bhuila gesen :-p

exotic
February 6, 2008, 10:56 AM
Failed to draw with Arambag, so scared of ABAHANI :floor:

You all (apamoni supporters) got it wrong. As Mohammedan has organized the tournament, they wanted to play the final against a better team to attract a bigger number of supporters to the stadium (now don't tell me Badda Jagoroni is better than habahoni, since u guys lost them:floor::floor::floor:), and we thought habahoni is bit better than badda, thats why we were giving a chance to habamoni to get into the final. But seems like they are destined to be somewhere else.:D

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 10:59 AM
Mogadaner kapakapi thamsey naki? na ekhono pant noshto hoye asey? The Mighty Abahanair bhoye to aramager shatey PATANO khelay Harteo parlo na... Jey team Badda r kasey harey Tarey face kortey ato Bhoy... Jao baba MOGA pant change korey asho...

Miraz
February 6, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ei je asche ekjon Moha Modon supporter, ta office theke ki Moha Modon er support e log in na kore parlenna!!! :D

Welcome back exotic bhai, onek din por.

Jai bolen ... Mohammedan supporters proved that they are Moha Modon by the Mosharraf Rubel Incident. :)

exotic
February 6, 2008, 11:25 AM
Welcome back exotic bhai, onek din por.

Thanks bro. Office theke login korte pari na:mad:

Jai bolen ... Mohammedan supporters proved that they are Moha Modon by the Mosharraf Rubel Incident. :)

That is just one of those incident, (but I condemn that incident and hope the offender would get caught and punished heavily) like Sumon's knock on the other day;)

Miraz
February 6, 2008, 11:29 AM
That is just one of those incident like Sumon's knock on the other day;)

Yap, I know, Sumon used to perform regularly before and Mohamedan supporters also did similar Moha Modon type activity numerous times before. :-D

exotic
February 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yap, I know, Sumon used to perform regularly before and Mohamedan supporters also did similar Moha Modon type activity numerous times before. :-D

eita kei bole holud sangbadikota. (amar bracket er vitor er kotha tuku udhao). I agree with the first part of your statement, but for second part tottho proman chai. Ar koto kal ei rokom tottho bickrity hobe.:-p

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 11:45 AM
Dear Exothik,
Please read the following national report.
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=4677&pageTitle=details&editionID=261
In case you have fonts issues then allow me to paraphrase/summarize/translate the script.

Moga club and Barambag club were fined. OOOOps!! They initiate the tournament and then the host gets fined? The host penalizing the host to make a coverup. This was so bad. A total mokery!! lol.

The hardest part to swallow is that in this day and age, patano khela'r kono manay hoi na. The 3-1 result was nullified. The only good thing came out of this was 1 lakhs went to the BD Football Federation needy players fund.

At the very end it recommends that Mohammedan needs to withdraw from the tournament. lol.

82?? why go that far. Even in the Sidr victim charity match Moga club fought the referees and illegally won. It is in their blood.

One World
February 6, 2008, 10:08 PM
LOL. Mohammedn-Arambag match has become the current talk of the town ehh. Only to avoid the greatest club of BD history.

Off-topic: Is anybody watching USA-Mexico live in Houston? Quality soccer I must say. Currently US leads 3-1.

Sohel
February 7, 2008, 05:26 AM
This won't be first time kautipoy dushtolok in and around the club shamed all of us B&W diehards and it won't be the last. I think both teams should be thrown out of the tournament, their management permanently thrown out of the game, and the players banned for a period. But support any other club? NEVER! ... >:)

That said, watching deshi and South Asian soccer is worse than watching Chinese cricket. Now that Bangladeshis get to watch quality soccer on TV, nobody goes to the matches anymore. Weak players can't run, can't pass and can't shoot for their stench-infested clubs now facing financial crisis because of the crackdown on illegal gambling and associated debauchery, and political black money ... disgusting !!!

akabir77
February 8, 2008, 10:50 AM
Abahani has defeated the CHORA Mogadan...

They tried to play PATANO khela
They gave two yellow card to ABUL even though he got one and told Abahani before semi game that he can't play so Abahani played without two major player Amili and Abul and still beat them

Ha ha ha ha

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 09:43 AM

haha...yeah I 've noticed that too! But I support Mohammedan, AL, Brazil, India(well not really I dont support either Ind or Pak but in an Indo-Pak cricket match I am slighlty towards the Indians) and Man Utd. So I guess I am not one of those people and CricketPagolChele an AL supporter doesnt necessarily have to support India

bdchamp20
April 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
There is a reason for AL supporters to support Abahani. Abahani was founded by Bongobondhu's son Sheikh Jamal...or was it Kamal I forget which one but it was one of them.

Fazal
April 3, 2008, 04:43 PM
.... I think it was Sheik Rasel.

Thukku he created that football team, Shahid Rasel or something like that.

sorry, my fault. He cannot create that, because he was alive at that time.

On the other hand, Mohameddan was created by Mohammod Sheik Sadi (or the name is something like that) and his His Dance Brother (What's his name?) . That singer and his dancer brother who acts and looks like a woman....

I am not 100% sure though.... But one the other hand I think I am right.

Mohiul
June 3, 2008, 10:35 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=520></TD><TD vAlign=top width=24> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=35 height=35> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=521>
Dhaka, June 3 (bdnews24.com) - Last year's joint champion Abahani Limited kept their hopes of clinching the Premier Hockey League title alive when they handed a 6-5 defeat to archrivals Mohammedan SC in the Super League encounter Monday.

Abahani Limited dominated the first half to take a comfortable 4-1 lead, but their ultra defensive strategy in the second half almost led them to slip from the match played at Moulana Bhasani National Hockey Stadium.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mohiul
March 19, 2009, 07:09 AM
Date: 19-03-09
Citycell Super Cup Football
(1st Semifinal)
Dhaka Abahani 1 (Ebrahim 15") : Brothers 1 (Hendri 42")
Score : 1st Half

One World
March 29, 2009, 11:30 AM
Still ABAHONI.

Mohiul
March 29, 2009, 01:22 PM
Still ABAHONI.

Why not????? Inshallah forever

Zeeshan
March 29, 2009, 01:43 PM
i'd rather sit on a bed of cacti than support mohameddans.

Razi
March 29, 2009, 01:56 PM
i'd rather sit on a bed of cacti than support mohameddans.

That's the spirit, Abahani for life.:big_hug:

Zeeshan
March 29, 2009, 02:05 PM
but i'd rather drink hemlock than support abahoni...:onethephone:

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2009, 06:06 PM
but i'd rather drink hemlock than support abahoni...:onethephone:
Since chanachur didn't work how about Jhal muri? Com-on what is better than that? I will have amodis ready for you if necessary.

BANFAN
March 30, 2009, 11:56 AM
I really don't find a reason,why people (Very Few Though) support Mohameden :)

thebest
March 30, 2009, 12:06 PM
That is actually good question. May be keeping the family tradition (My great grand dads supported it, my grant dads supported it, my dad supported it, so I supported it) or showing that I could go against crowd ( thus having increase self esteem) or may be pure modons:)

Rabz
April 4, 2009, 01:51 AM
I think they are just dillusional.

One World
May 2, 2009, 08:28 PM
Ask a Mohammedan fan, which Jersey is the best in Dhaka League, after couple of swallowing and hesitations the answer will still be Abahoni's - heh hehhehe.

bujhee kom
May 2, 2009, 08:54 PM
Since chanachur didn't work how about Jhal muri? Com-on what is better than that? I will have amodis ready for you if necessary.
That is actually good question. May be keeping the family tradition (My great grand dads supported it, my grant dads supported it, my dad supported it, so I supported it) or showing that I could go against crowd ( thus having increase self esteem) or may be pure modons:)
I think they are just dillusional.
Ask a Mohammedan fan, which Jersey is the best in Dhaka League, after couple of swallowing and hesitations the answer will still be Abahoni's - heh hehhehe.
Mohammedan S.C. number 1
Aboohoony bodna-er very dirty pani...yaack!:sick:
Abbohoony's jersey...silly and ugly design...very very not good...yaack!:sick:

One World
May 2, 2009, 10:47 PM
Actually Bodna-er paani should be very clean and free of germs - otherwise big problem.

Sohel
May 3, 2009, 04:21 AM
Clarification. By Mohamedan, I only understand DHAKA Mohamedan. Not them clones from elsewhere.

thebest
May 7, 2009, 09:40 AM
Clarification. By Mohamedan, I only understand DHAKA Mohamedan. Not them clones from elsewhere.
But even that one is the clone of Kolkata Mohammedan (estb 1891; there Dhaka clone estb in 1933 or 1938). Incidentally last time I checked the original Mohammedan were in relegation battle in I league

mahbubH
May 7, 2009, 11:29 AM
off course Dhaka Mohamedan ....

Murad
December 13, 2010, 01:20 PM
That's the thread I was looking for. Thanks Rabz bhai. haba-modon fans ra DPL thread ta ekdom gondho kore ditesilo..

Now all the Habas and Modons..lathi niya naaima poren..ekjon arekjoner matha pathan.. rokto jhoran.. amra ektu moja loy :-p

(I think this should be moved to BC section for fun:))

Habib
December 13, 2010, 01:25 PM
Ahem. Highly controversial thread. I urge all the Abahani & Mohamodon fans to stay on topic & not to bring politics in it. Thank you.

Shehwar
December 13, 2010, 03:21 PM
MSC for life! Go Bulbul, Shabbir, Kaiser Hamid!!!

thebest
March 14, 2011, 01:11 PM
In all these WC damadol we forgot that Modons are beaten again by Abahoni yesterday in Bangladesh league.

Nocturnal
March 14, 2011, 11:46 PM
In all these WC damadol we forgot that Modons are beaten again by Abahoni yesterday in Bangladesh league.

[বাংলা]আবাহনীর কাছে মোহামেডানের হার

ঢাকা, মার্চ ১৩ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - ঢাকা আবাহনী ১-০ গোলে জিতেছে ঢাকা মোহামেডানের বিপক্ষে।

রাজধানীর বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ সিপাহী মোস্তফা কামাল স্টেডিয়ামে রোববার বাংলাদেশ লিগে আবাহনীর আক্রমণভাগের ঘানার খেলোয়াড় ফ্রাঙ্ক খেলার ৬৫ মিনিটে বক্সের বাইরে থেকে প্রচণ্ড শট নেন। বল আশ্রয় নেয় মোহামেডানের জালে।

এই খেলায় জিতে পয়েন্ট তালিকায় আবার শীর্ষে উঠে গেল আবাহনী। ১১ খেলায় দলটির পয়েন্ট ২৬। এক ম্যাচ কম খেলে ২৫ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে দ্বিতীয় স্থানে আছে মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সংসদ ক্রীড়া চক্র। আর মোহমেডানের পয়েন্ট ১১ খেলায় ১৩। [/বাংলা]

full read (http://sport.bdnews24.com/newsDetails.php?newsdetailsid=152510)

AsifTheManRahman
March 15, 2011, 01:14 AM
ATMR likes this.

PS: 11 khelay 13? HHS.

MohammedC
March 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
Mohamedans are is finish.

Night_wolf
March 15, 2011, 08:09 PM
he he modon er obosta ses!

bujhee kom
March 16, 2011, 06:21 PM
Bhais ..ami ekjon Mohammedan Sporting Club-er oitihashik Onuraagi ebong Bhokto/Seccha Sebok! Bhais, amakey apnera keno Modon boley daken ebong ebhabey opomaan koren..bahis amakey apnara bookey tene niechen bolen Bujhee tumakey hamra bohoot bhalobashi aar amar moton diil wala Old Dhakaiya manooser pichon firley pachay lathi dia bolen jaa Modon, durey gia morr...keno bahis..ete ami/amra dile bahoot kosto pai..Amader Oitishashik Old-Dhaka-Narinda-Laal Bagh-Sosaan Ghaat-e asoon, ami/amra apnader Abohoney/Brothers/Forasgonj/Rohmotgonj somorthok-der bakhor-khani/Bhuna Mangso/Kacchi aar thanda Lebur Sorbet khawabo! Amder diil bohoot bora ache bhais..! Amara Hammadan! We are Mohammedan Sporting Club, Established: Many Many Years Ago, Very Old! BTW amra DHakay bhi achi, Kolkate bhi achi bhais, amra Chittagoing-e achi, sara Bangladesh + West Bengal e Oitihasik bhabey bohoo bohoo bosor dhoira business kortachi!

bujhee kom
March 17, 2011, 12:06 AM
Mohammedan Sporting..now that is a heritage filled, very historic institution, gentlemen's club!! A club of Dhaka's Oitihashik Nababs and Raj family!

Abohoney is on the other hand means AttoshommanHani same as Maanhani, that is Pocha doi-er Tita Burhanni!

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2011, 12:12 AM
Burger bhai, 11 khelay 13 point kaar?

Hatebreed
March 17, 2011, 04:40 AM
MOHAMEDAN > all the rest.

thebest
March 18, 2011, 05:17 AM
Bhais ..ami ekjon Mohammedan Sporting Club-er oitihashik Onuraagi ebong Bhokto/Seccha Sebok! Bhais, amakey apnera keno Modon boley daken ebong ebhabey opomaan koren..bahis amakey apnara bookey tene niechen
Join the team of winners aka Abahoni and we would not call you Modon

BANFAN
March 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
[বাংলা]আবাহনীর কাছে মোহামেডানের হার

ঢাকা, মার্চ ১৩ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - ঢাকা আবাহনী ১-০ গোলে জিতেছে ঢাকা মোহামেডানের বিপক্ষে।

রাজধানীর বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ সিপাহী মোস্তফা কামাল স্টেডিয়ামে রোববার বাংলাদেশ লিগে আবাহনীর আক্রমণভাগের ঘানার খেলোয়াড় ফ্রাঙ্ক খেলার ৬৫ মিনিটে বক্সের বাইরে থেকে প্রচণ্ড শট নেন। বল আশ্রয় নেয় মোহামেডানের জালে।

এই খেলায় জিতে পয়েন্ট তালিকায় আবার শীর্ষে উঠে গেল আবাহনী। ১১ খেলায় দলটির পয়েন্ট ২৬। এক ম্যাচ কম খেলে ২৫ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে দ্বিতীয় স্থানে আছে মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সংসদ ক্রীড়া চক্র। আর মোহমেডানের পয়েন্ট ১১ খেলায় ১৩। [/বাংলা]

full read (http://sport.bdnews24.com/newsDetails.php?newsdetailsid=152510)

[বাংলা]আর মোহমেডানের পয়েন্ট ১১ খেলায় ১৩ and আবাহনী ১১ খেলায় পয়েন্ট ২৬। [/বাংলা]

OMG, Modons are so badly out of competition ;) Ei doler shathe jitle anoando lage ??