PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Pollock

Sovik
April 3, 2006, 07:21 AM
I wonder "what happen to this guy?". He is one of the best bowler. but he hardly takes any wicket. he took his last 5 wicket haul against pakistan 2 years ago. and he has not got more than 3 wickets in an innings for long time. In his last 22 test he took 77 wickets at a avarage of 32. and he did not open bowling in 3rd test against australia

Donny
April 3, 2006, 07:28 AM
Yes, Polly has had his day at Test level but has plenty to give in ODIs, where he holds down the #1 ranking on the bowlers list.

Mind you, he's still a very accurate and clever bowler but just doesn't get the big wickets (and hauls) he used to.

Sovik
April 3, 2006, 07:33 AM
He bowls at a speed around 75. at this speed he won't do anything if the batsman doesn't go after him. he is accurate for sure and he makes batsman play. but he needs to get some wickets other wise south africa will not win any matches against the team which has very good batting line up. Ntini is good and Nel is only good against West Indies (particularly against Lara). But south africa needs pollock to be in his best

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2006, 11:15 AM
Pollock knows what to do since his speed has been reduced. What was Hadlee's speed when he reduced his lineup? Once he plays lessor teams he will get his wickets.

Sovik
April 3, 2006, 01:28 PM
I know that without pollock south african bowling attack will not be the same. he is not getting wickets but with his accurate bowling he is making life harder for the batsman and ntini and nel are getting break thu's. but he is one of my favourite cricketer. and he is the reason i still follow south africa. and it is hard for me to see him not in his best.

jayed
April 3, 2006, 01:47 PM
nel is a vibrant cricketer, ntini, is smooth with a holding like physique and style.

but pollock is the workhorse, and is very tricky. GREAT batsman 2.

Locutus
April 3, 2006, 05:45 PM
He does not have the pace like he used to and does not bag a lot of wickets. But he is still one of the best economical fast bowler and alrounter in the world. He has the experience and South Africa lacks that in the bowling department.

James90
April 3, 2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Pollock knows what to do since his speed has been reduced. What was Hadlee's speed when he reduced his lineup? Once he plays lessor teams he will get his wickets.
Imagine how good Hadlee's record would have been if he played AGAINST New Zealand.

Sovik
December 3, 2006, 11:48 AM
Shaun Pollock is back

'In 21 matches this year, he has 32 wickets at 17.34 while conceding only 2.98 per over'

The Praetorian Pollock
The Verdict by Dileep Premachandran at Centurion
December 3, 2006

It was fitting that Shaun Pollock was in the middle when victory was clinched, given the immense role that he had played in South Africa's annihilation of the Indians in this series. The 4-0 drubbing was the first whitewash that India have suffered in a bilateral series since a West Indies side led by the peerless Vivian Richards hammered them 5-0 in the Caribbean in 1988-89

Full story (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/current/story/271043.html)

afrina
December 3, 2006, 01:49 PM
As far I know polly take decision not to play test any more so that he can play ODI well. He may not took so many wkt but see his rpo.

Spitfire_x86
December 3, 2006, 03:24 PM
Shaun Pollock is back

'In 21 matches this year, he has 32 wickets at 17.34 while conceding only 2.98 per over'

Full story (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/current/story/271043.html)
His test match bowling form hasn't been great lately. But he will probably do better against India.

Sovik
December 3, 2006, 07:04 PM
As far I know polly take decision not to play test any more so that he can play ODI well. He may not took so many wkt but see his rpo.

are you serious?

Sovik
December 16, 2006, 05:41 PM
pollock got his 400th wicket today. hope he will get to play few more years and get few more runs and wickets

Alien
December 18, 2006, 11:53 PM
He took 4 wickets in first innings and 3 in second innings. That quite good. He was never a big wicket taker like Warne. Besides he is getting old.

Sovik
February 14, 2007, 05:53 PM
5 wicket haul after 6 years,

karimjay.
February 14, 2007, 11:56 PM
He's silenced his critics. Player of the series.

Xavier
February 15, 2007, 11:11 AM
I think that Pollock (and all of the Southafrican team) are strongly motivated to take revenge of the huge disappointment of the home world cup 2003, when they missed the super-six (and Pollock was the captain!).

Tintin
February 15, 2007, 02:03 PM
He's silenced his critics. Player of the series.

A counter-example for the all theories that you have to bowl at 140s and 150s to be successful at international level...

Sovik
April 8, 2007, 06:52 PM
another double for him. he is a great performer for south africa. he is not playing well in this world cup but if he gets going there is no stopping for south africa

oporajeyo_bangla
April 8, 2007, 08:59 PM
it's been a while since i last saw him so i was surprised to see that he has started to bald. i guess age catches up with everyone!

Alien
April 8, 2007, 09:43 PM
I think it's the "taak" factor.

Sovik
April 9, 2007, 07:03 AM
I think it's the "taak" factor.

baldness should help bowlers. there will be less wind resistance

OZGOD
April 14, 2007, 02:13 PM
I wonder "what happen to this guy?". He is one of the best bowler. but he hardly takes any wicket. he took his last 5 wicket haul against pakistan 2 years ago. and he has not got more than 3 wickets in an innings for long time. In his last 22 test he took 77 wickets at a avarage of 32. and he did not open bowling in 3rd test against australia

He's transformed himself into an excellent offspinner!

Sovik
June 6, 2007, 06:14 PM
missed his innings today. always been his fan.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 07:52 PM
Ive always been a fan too. But of his bowling. His last innings was a breath of fresh air though...

Sohel
June 7, 2007, 08:30 AM
polly has remained in the top 5 of ODI bowling since forever. always a clean hitter of the ball, his batting always seemed to me to be hovering around 75 to 80% of his potential. his exceptional innings last night showed me i was right. simply amazing. get those highlights ASAP sovik.

Sovik
June 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
where are the highlights

Electrequiem
June 8, 2007, 03:18 PM
Pollock played MAGNIFICENTLY on the first ODI ... where are the highlights, mates?!

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 12:22 AM
polly talks to prothom alo's tareque mahmud about malcolm marshall and other things. read : -

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDM3MTg=&mid=OA==

One World
June 10, 2007, 04:35 PM
polly talks to prothom alo's tareque mahmud about malcolm marshall and other things. read : -

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDM3MTg=&mid=OA==

Wonderful stuff, nice read, simple, cut to cut

Always the source machine SohelNR