PDA

View Full Version : support:ganguly

cricket_zenith
April 4, 2006, 07:49 AM
do ya guyz support ganguly???enugh punishment 4 him for is unsportsmanship...............isn't it the time for the prince 2 b back??(it'd b betta den gambhir)

Baundule
April 4, 2006, 07:55 AM
I find the question 100% funny (I know, you'll excuse me for that!). Anyway, Ganguly is not punished for unsportmanship. (Can you show some evidence about his unsportmanship?) There are players who are more eligible than him and that's why he is out of the team.

I am a big fan of him. But it will be really unfair to select him now. Anyway, if India will be playing against Bangladesh, I will be wanting him again in the Indian team. ;)

Btw, the thread seems quite useless to me, like many other useless threads in BC at current time.

cricket_zenith
April 4, 2006, 08:23 AM
no dude in a show dat featured maninder's(former player)comment dat ganguly was not in the team bcoz he played bad politics dats the reason waz curious 2 know if he did isn't the time 4 him 2 b bac?

GuruTM
April 4, 2006, 09:24 AM
I want Ganguly back in india team. He was a good player. Good captain. He is paying the price for his boldness.

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2006, 09:34 AM
Ganguly, yes certainly he needs to be in the Indian team (1st 11 and as a captain). The more quarrel and bitterness among players in that team the better it is for BD. I hope he is plays in WC 2007. I want him to bowl to Ashraful, Aftab. I also want him to face Shahadat. :)

But I guess noone will hear me.:head::head::head:

nayef
April 4, 2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Ganguly, yes certainly he needs to be in the Indian team (1st 11 and as a captain). The more quarrel and bitterness among players in that team the better it is for BD. I hope he is plays in WC 2007. I want him to bowl to Ashraful, Aftab. I also want him to face Shahadat. :)

But I guess noone will hear me.:head::head::head:

:floor: perfect response :fanflag:

insideedge
April 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
During the days of Ganguly, a myth was created that players like Ganguly, Zaheer Khan and NEhra were indispensable as there was no bench strength.

Now that these three are out of the team, the bench strength if overflowing and there arepeople much better than these three playing as well as waiting in the wings.

India is has won 15 ODI matches out of their last 19 matches. The fact that Ganguly was not included in any of them is a major factor in these victories, because it allowed the Indian thinktank to allow much better batsmen that Ganguly to play in the team.

Agreed, Ganguly had an outstanding record. But his record in last two years was very poor. Playing for two years on past records is more than enough. Selecting younger blood like Raina who is a much better fielder too, is the way to go.

bharat
April 4, 2006, 12:43 PM
I would vote if there was another option : No to Ganguli ...

Look at the recent ODI record , the beat SL comprehensively , shared the spoils with SA (when SA was in a winning sterak 12+ victories) beat Pak comprehensively ....

The Bench streanth has improoved ..and is out take the second spot and might give the Aussies a run for there money for the first spot ...
( I hope BD wins atleast one ODI against the Aussies ..then who knows India might just catch up with the Aussies)

Thinks are looking great for India ...why spoil it now !

As far Ganguli ..Thanks dude ,but no thanks (now)

P.S : Look out for the new guy Uthappa ..this guy can even make Dhoni seem a slow poke ...

Locutus
April 4, 2006, 03:09 PM
His days are gone

ammark
April 4, 2006, 05:48 PM
Ganguly's days will come back if he shuts his mouth and gets back to scoring centuries and not getting hammered for sixes and losing matches in the domestic league. Just like BD, India is looking to the future. When Tendulkar gets booed, it is an ominous sign!

Yameen
April 5, 2006, 06:37 AM
im glad hes outta of the team temporarily, he had become a waste of space, sure he was great player in his day, but india is doing the right thing to look to the future and trying some newer younger players of which is paying off well for them.

I do think it is harsh that the Indian cricket board have said that ganguly will not be allowed in the team ever again, they could have atleast given him some time to put in some good domestic performances to work his way back, as he may have some influence of his vast experience for india to do well in WC2007.

Tigers_eye
April 5, 2006, 11:40 AM
My judgement:

Those who are supporting Ganguly to stay out of the Indian lineup are not Bangladeshi supporters. :P

At least for our interest you all should consider. :bald:

Hatebreed
April 5, 2006, 12:41 PM
Donations for Gangu?

$2/mo via PayPal

Jokes aside, I think India is better off leaving Ganguly in the past.. though I feel he did not deserve a humiliating departure like this after all that he has contributed to the team... Perhaps he should be given a chance when India finally decides to play Bangladesh.. I don't mind! ;)

sar2005
April 5, 2006, 12:47 PM
But the way team IND is playing, poor Ganguly has really very little to get a call back. Specially, some newcomers are also performing special.

Baundule
April 6, 2006, 02:44 AM
Which type of support?

Tehsin
April 6, 2006, 04:40 PM
A poll should have more then one option. This is meaningless.

Ganguli deserves all the humiliation he has faced and is facing because of his nasty politics within the Indian team and his habit of constantly poking his neck into where he doesn't belong (Bangladesh test status is none of his business) - you reapwhat you sow. He was getting busy with our business and BCCI gave him something better to worry about.

If you really want to give this poll and thread any meaning, open it up with VALID response options. Until then, it's just a joke, just like Gangs.

ps. agree 100% with the folks about how India is doing so much better without his disturbing politics and how they should really field him against Bangladesh (only) whenever we get to face India (I guess not before the WC).

thebest
April 7, 2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Kamini
[...deleted..]

why he would keep his mouth shut. what he said wrong? Last time I check it is Bangladesh Cricket Forum not Indian.You better better keep your mouth shut. You are talking Dada's glorious past. How about india's glorious past. 0 for 4 sounds something after playing test for 20 years. if does not please have a look (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1950S/1952/IND_IN_ENG/IND_ENG_T1_05-09JUN1952.html) How long it took India to win a test. If you say we draw a lot. Then how many of those were 5 days cricket. Am I make sense. You are same arrogant filth like Ganguly.
By the way, how many matches has been postponed in your beloved Eden Garden. You are not worthy of watching cricket let alone playing it. Live in your glorious past like in every other sector.

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 11:51 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 12:39 PM GMT, by thebest.

Miraz
April 7, 2006, 05:36 AM
[....deleted...]

[...edited..]. Ganguly made some good thing of India cricket no doubt but [..edited...].You make ur players god and then boo at them at any moment.

It seems really funny when you be proud of ur team, it is the same Indian team who have never won a single away series for almost 13 years (except one series win against Zimbo's).
[ Edited]
:head::head::head::head::head::head::head:

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 10:38 AM GMT, by Miraz.

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 11:55 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content & Miraz: No need to reply an offensive comment with another offnesive one

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 4:34 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content

bharat
April 7, 2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Miraz
[....deleted...]

[...edited..]. Ganguly made some good thing of India cricket no doubt but [..edited...].You make ur players god and then boo at them at any moment.

It seems really funny when you be proud of ur team, it is the same Indian team who have never won a single away series for almost 13 years (except one series win against Zimbo's).
[ ]
:head::head::head::head::head::head::head:

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 10:38 AM GMT, by Miraz.

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 11:55 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content & Miraz: No need to reply an offensive comment with another offnesive one

This might be a reaction to what some one posted earlier , but for your question that am I proud of my Team , it is an emphatic YES .In the days when Crciket was considered either a WI or Auss or Eng domain India managed to win the WC , Yes we were bad outside but were unbeatable at home even then .
Ours is the only team that gives the Aussies a run for there money at home and even in Australia ....

But again I realize that your reaction could due to some other post earlier (which I thankfully dint read ) ..but I thought even parts of your post should have been moderated ....

Reacting to the person and getting what the person deserves is fine , but making general comments about my country would only push away loyal banglacricket (I consider myself one ..as I do sped a lot of time on this forum
and root for your country after my own) away.Again that is if you care abot it .

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 4:35 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.quote

thebest
April 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
Dear Bharat,
you fortunately did not read it. I read it. Though the post was directed towards Tehsin, actually she made sweeping comments about Bangladesh and its cricket. Thats the reason both Miraz and I showed her before attacking cricket of Bangladesh please look at your own mirror. It was directed only to Ms kamini to feel her own medicine. This was more on personal level.

Tehsin
April 7, 2006, 07:12 PM
Looks like I missed out on a lot.

Bharat, every forum would have it's pests. No reason to leave BC cause someone jumped the gun. We love the fact that fans from other countries come to the site with their own perspective and shows interest in our cricket. There are a lot of Indian cricket fans in Bangladesh. I myself think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world. I know that one day we'll have a team that some Indian (and others) fans would love to follow.

If you find a post that's crossing the line, please report the post to the MODs. Makes our their lives so much easier. Ignore the poster (I know it's hard) and stay away from the thread (even harder) all together.

sar2005
April 8, 2006, 09:51 AM
How sorry to see people forget everything what a person did for his team as well as country!