PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Australia, 1st Test, 9th April - 13th April, Fatullah

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 06:11 AM
4 by aftab lead now 275

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 06:12 AM
sory was byes thought he knicked it

Yameen
April 11, 2006, 06:13 AM
good steady innings this, keep it going guys!

bourny3
4 byes that aftab faced

Ejaj
Now.. there will be tough time for bd.. Macgill and Warnie............ from both ends..... and Aftab.. not sound agasint legspin........... i wonder how long our batsmen survive!!

shimraj
April 11, 2006, 06:14 AM
Everybody in chorus "120 achieved. next target 140 for 4."

perera
April 11, 2006, 06:14 AM
Go for Ban....don't u recall what Shane Warne said about Muralitharan? Don't u recall Aussies emberrass all the South Asian countries??

thanks mate definitly i do. india and pak help us when aussi deny to come to our country we helped you to getting test stateus that is the brotherhoud i really delited the match because shane worn tryed to mitigate murali' s greateness saying about the wikets he took agains you, so i am so happy to say him ban is not eassy

you should must (every english word i know to stress this) win win win this game i think all sri lankans with me

shimraj
April 11, 2006, 06:15 AM
very loud call. Missed a heart bit....

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 06:16 AM
that was so close

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 06:17 AM
10 min left to hold out

Tintin
April 11, 2006, 06:18 AM
Partnership : 44*

bourny3
April 11, 2006, 06:18 AM
how close.

arifulhaquerussel
April 11, 2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks a lot mate...I can't just tolerate it when some1 says about a great bowler like Muralitharan, "he's taking too many cheap wkts" and even aussie Prime Minister calls Muralitharan a chucker...india, pak, ban all r ur brother counties...which country do u think south asians support when SL and Aus play or SL and S. Africa play

thanks mate definitly i do. india and pak help us when aussi deny to come to our country we helped you to getting test stateus that is the brotherhoud i really delited the match because shane worn tryed to mitigate murali' s greateness saying about the wikets he took agains you, so i am so happy to say him ban is not eassy

you should must (every english word i know to stress this) win win win this game i think all sri lankans with me

Tintin
Is there anyone from USA here who is still awake ?

Dhurr
Tintin, I am. It's 4:19 am here.

Huda
April 11, 2006, 06:20 AM
Inshallah we can win...but its gonna be tough We hope for more than another 90 runs from . This partnership is a key one because it's difficult to see the batsmen from 7 down managing to hang around for long enough time<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Dhurr
Nooooo! Why did he go for that big hit? WHY WHY WHY

arifulhaquerussel
Yes...I'm in California...4:20 am here, have an exam, a quiz and lotta HW due today...but hell with all....Go BD

Is there anyone from USA here who is still awake ?

pilot fan
no aftab out damm

Ejaj
Man. Aftab is absolutely clueless agasint Warnie.. damn.. i am really afraid how long before Warnie strikes

helal
April 11, 2006, 06:21 AM
out!!!!!!! its aftab again

Dhurr
dhurr! ar mattro koi over baki chilo. khali khali ekta wicket noshto korlo. kochu

Huda
Another one down..hitting across the line

Ejaj
Just said so.. and Aftab Gone!!! damn!!

bourny3
out. LBW to mcgill

shimraj
April 11, 2006, 06:22 AM
Was that sweep shot at all necessary??? What a waste...

Tintin
Cool, guys !!!

tiger_man
bangladesh need to post a solid score....this is not optional...coz aussies are pumped up after their failure first innings...they will come back nd hit us hard....bangladesh does not have the potential to nail them to 269 again....aftab nd rajin need to work hard...all rest on them..

we cant rely on tail enders to do the job of batsman...

Dhurr
Yes...I'm in California...4:20 am here, have an exam, a quiz and lotta HW due today...but hell with all....Go BD

are you in college now?

nightwatchman
why did he try to smash..BD is not ready for test match yet,,This match reminds me of the first test against INDIA.. 99 allout in the 2nd innings

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 06:24 AM
about 5 min left

Miraz
April 11, 2006, 06:33 AM
The game is evenly poised at this momemnt. Bangladesh needs 70-80 more runs to really have a chance to win this match.

perera
April 11, 2006, 06:48 AM
my cricinfo says this
bangle net also so busy
please up date me

thanks

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, maint@cricket.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

nannu
April 11, 2006, 06:59 AM
well aftab reaaly disappointed us all. but then the the pitch was turning the ball like a laddu. we must bat till lunch. or aussies will end the game on 4th day.

al Furqaan
April 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
hey if the pitch is turning...rafiq and enam might win us the game with 300 odd runs to defend...this is best 2nd innings position we've ever been in. i hope mashud scores tomorrow. him and all the tail.

perera
April 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
ok guys 10 pm here i can't get any news i need to sleep now see you letter i wish you the very best in the deepest point of my heart to win this match

ManInBlack
April 11, 2006, 07:17 AM
Aftab must be dropped in the second test

sangeet
April 11, 2006, 07:22 AM

I would go for Both A's

Aftab
Ashraful

Why shoudn't? Any clues?

Baundule
April 11, 2006, 07:23 AM
Aftab was left in the Sri Lanka series just to get some lessons, as the selectors said. Now we see what lessons he has learnt :)
Anyway, I am quite happy with the partnership, though stupid out always husrts!!

dorbesh
April 11, 2006, 07:23 AM

right you are and Nafees Iqbal should be brought in. Aftab misses his opportunity and put us in trouble.

thasan
April 11, 2006, 07:25 AM
right you are and Nafees Iqbal should be brought in. Aftab misses his opportunity and put us in trouble.

aftab? my personal favorite will be ash...he should be left out for his * batting * prowess!

Tintin
April 11, 2006, 07:30 AM
my personal favorite will be ash...he should be left out for his * batting * prowess!
Aussies will be happier to face Nafis - who is not likely to bat for more than two hours or so and make 30 or 40 - rather than Ashraful who could crack a three hour hundred in one of his days.

fagashes
April 11, 2006, 07:34 AM
Had i been BD's coach, I would have slapped Aftab tight on his face after getting out in similar fashion AND similar circumstances TWICE in the same test match. I would also have given him the scolding of his lifetime. Irresponsibility r ekta sheema ase.

His wicket 3 overs before the conclusion of the days play may just cost us the match. To me this may be the turning point. If he had stayed on till stumps, the BD total would have looked 20 runs healthier at the least- with both Aftab and Saleh contributing into the extra 20 runs.

I would think BD has a fighting chance if:
1. They get another 70 runs
2. If they can bat till 2 hours or so after lunch tomorrow

At any cost, Australia should be made to bat on the fifth day with a 230-240 runs target. We may then be able to erase presumptions and start dreaming.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 07:57 AM
Had i been BD's coach, I would have slapped Aftab tight on his face after getting out in similar fashion AND similar circumstances TWICE in the same test match. I would also have given him the scolding of his lifetime. Irresponsibility r ekta sheema ase.

His wicket 3 overs before the conclusion of the days play may just cost us the match. To me this may be the turning point.

What would you do to our beloved captain for his sprint towards the wicket? Wasn't that the turning point? Ash, aftab would not had to come in the middle today. Aftab is young and will make mistake like such. But Bashar bhai .....

Rabz
April 11, 2006, 08:02 AM
i would have also kicked aftab out....that was simply suicidal..he did the same thing TWICE on one match..even on the first day..he managed to get himself out just before the day's end...

but man..what was habibul doing ?? he might have cost us the match...
had he stayed there...and not taking a stroll in the park wen he cud be the new contender to become in Prime Minister in the upcoming election (!!..how ?? u figure it out)......

that was the difference btw our win n loss in this match...

i'd bring Nafees Iqbal in...kick JO out...yap i said that....even being a JO fan..i'll not have him in the team...his out was just pathetic today....

Id see Aftab for one more match...give him his last opportunity...

r u guys also missing those icons ??

fagashes
April 11, 2006, 08:03 AM
1 mistake is forgivable. Even the best batsmen make mistakes.

2 is not.

F

stickywicket
April 11, 2006, 08:33 AM
He is the most experienced and the captain of the team. It is unforgivable the way he lost his wicket. First of all, there was no need to take a quick single with that shot. Worst of all, the way he was running, it seemed like he was dreaming about the possible win instead of completing the run which should not have been attempted in the first place. His mind just wasn't there and this can possibly cost Bangladesh a win against the Aussies. He just needed to stay at the crease because there are still two days left and BD needs to bat until at least lunch tomorrow to have a chance. It will be tougher now with better half of the batting lineup out but I still hope they win.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 08:46 AM
No the run was there. it was an easy single. Habibul bashar was the runner and watching the ball and just not concentrating on what he should be doing (finishing the run first). If he had run properly I am sure clark wouldn't even attempt to throw the ball in the first place. By the time clark would have reached the ball Bashar should have been home. If we lose this match the sole blame would be on the captain. The most experienced one no one else. His departure brought Ash and aftab in a crucial juncture when they could not play their natural game. We can not replace bashar but again if we lose I know who should we blame. In Multan it was the umpire not giving out the 11th man out of 10+ appeals.

tiger_man
April 11, 2006, 08:51 AM
lot of stuff happened that are unforgivable....starting with masud missing that gillchrist runout to name a few...
IMO, bangladesh has a slim chance of getting through this one...if it were some other teams say india or pakistan, i would say we stand a very strong chance.....,
one fact stands in our favour and that is aussies never really excelled against us.....it was alwayz expected of them but sth they never accomplished....they lost ODI match last tour of england b4 the ashes...nd everyone thought they wud bowl bd out within 20 overs...
honestly i dunno wat to expect, anything is possible except for a draw...

Ehsan
April 11, 2006, 08:54 AM
Disappointing, I knew this was coming. Australia will win anyways.

yaseer
April 11, 2006, 09:00 AM
Guys....plz stop bashing our players......they are doing a great job....what did all of you think?? BD will walk through the aussies today?? they are the world champions and it was predictable that they are going to push us hard. the mistakes happened today is part of the game.

hope they survive till launch tomorrow.......anybody's game then

Sovik
April 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
aftab and ashraful should be dropped from the team.

yaseer
April 11, 2006, 09:15 AM
aftab and ashraful should be dropped from the team.

Take it easy my dear....last 3 days was such that we should back our team....not having these words.....just think what you were thinking abt this match 3 days before and what you have got.......

We are in a possition to win the match till n tomorrow is the 4th day and if we can add another 70 runs....we really can have the result in our favour. Is this the time to say these words to the players of our team??

Tintin
April 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Before signing off for the day, I have to say that the lack of confidence shown by most of the posters is truly astonishing. The Bangladesh players are having the best game of their lives and people are discussing about the margin of defeat. Some may be telling it just to avoid jinxing the team but it is very disturbing to the reader. It feels as if people are afraid to believe that Bangladesh can play well.

If the players are also feeling the same way as us, they won't need to turn up for the game tomorrow

Sovik
April 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Take it easy my dear....last 3 days was such that we should back our team....not having these words.....just think what you were thinking abt this match 3 days before and what you have got.......

We are in a possition to win the match till n tomorrow is the 4th day and if we can add another 70 runs....we really can have the result in our favour. Is this the time to say these words to the players of our team??

Ashraful comes at the crease and plays horrific shots to get out. he failed against kenya, and now this test. he was unlucky in 2nd innings but there was no need to be aggressive in the first innings. he was lucky once in mcgill's over, but later got out.

and aftab plays shots in the air. he played 2 good innings against kenya but australia is a different team, and they will utilize our weaknesses.

yaseer
April 11, 2006, 09:40 AM
I am very dissapointed to read some of the comments of the members here. Bangladesh is having there best and toughest test match and till ppl here going after our players.

I give high points to the cricekting knowledge of the members here........i was not really expecting those coments from them

This is best bangladesh has ever played and still the world champs and BD both in the game.....against aussies you have to fight it out till the last ball.....nothing will come easy.....and players are still fighting it out for the win.....what more we should ask for???
In the middle of this best n toughest test till some of them discussing abt dropping players.......radiculus!!!

cricket_pagol
April 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
Agree with you... Bangladesh has played their best game ever so far. We cannot expect Bd players to be flawless. We can criticize our players for their stupid shot selection but lets put that in context of our good performance.

In the second innings, Ashraful was very unlucky and Aftab looked very dumb playing that shot... I am not being too civil here!

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 09:59 AM
I've only had a brief glance at the posts preceding this one, but the attitude of most of you trully sickens me! True, we did squander a great opportunity to drive this game home, but we are playing Australia! Did you all think this would be a walk in the park? Australia got to the position they are at now not by winning one game, but by dominating the world for well over 10 years. They thrive in these pressure situtions - we are only just learning.

For those of you who think it's in our best interests to drop Ashraful and Aftab - well really I don't think I have to point out how ridiculous you guys sound. They are the two best players for those positions, true, they do need to do more to hold their places, but what we are forgetting is that they (and most of our team for that matter) are still only 20 years old. It will take time for them to mature, and although what Aftab did today was inexcusible, we can't drop players on a whim - I mean why not just drop Bashar for dawdling for that single, or lets just drop JO because someone doesn't like him! Comon guys! Grow up!

We're still in a great position here, and anything above 300 runs to chase on a 4th and 5th day wicket will be exponentially difficult - no matter the opposition. Yes, if we had lost, say, one less wicket today, we would have been in the driving seat - but the game is still ours for the taking. If we can can crawl over 200 runs by lunch tomorrow with Rajin/Mashud & the tail, Australia could really struggle to get the runs on Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning. 350 runs is not an insubstantial amount!

Stop being so negative! We shouldn't even be in the position we are in at the moment, so be happy that the boys could get us this far - and here's to them getting us over the line! :)

razath
April 11, 2006, 10:06 AM
Guys....plz stop bashing our players......they are doing a great job....what did all of you think?? BD will walk through the aussies today?? they are the world champions and it was predictable that they are going to push us hard. the mistakes happened today is part of the game.

hope they survive till launch tomorrow.......anybody's game then

I like it Yaseer. Thanks.

Everybody is excited citing dream of win and complaining is the basic instinct of a human being.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 10:45 AM
This is a test. I can't see the last page.

tiger_man
April 11, 2006, 10:50 AM
Before signing off for the day, I have to say that the lack of confidence shown by most of the posters is truly astonishing. The Bangladesh players are having the best game of their lives and people are discussing about the margin of defeat. Some may be telling it just to avoid jinxing the team but it is very disturbing to the reader. It feels as if people are afraid to believe that Bangladesh can play well.

If the players are also feeling the same way as us, they won't need to turn up for the game tomorrow

bangladesh team has given us too many heartattacks in the past....nd i nd many other posters believe that this is going to be another one....nd u cant blame us for that....

the margin of defeat as u r talkin about is greatly reduced....australia is looking at a not so very big total to chase.....mind u they are gonna have 1 nd half day....assuming our batsman wont likely last till lunch....nd our bowlers arent very good either.....if it was some other team like england or india, i wud say they have a solid chance of winning , but given its bangladesh, i say we need to post another strong total to win or even draw the game....

i dont like being pessimistic but what can u do??? with a team like bangladesh u got no choice but to be pessimistic.....i wudnt get my hopes up if i were you, not even when victory is 1 run away...

tiger_man
April 11, 2006, 10:56 AM
honestly its this mentality that "australia is the worlds best team, so its a big honour that we nearly made them follow on" and "they are the worlds best team, what can we do? atleast we tried our best" thats drowing us nd giving excuses for our losses....
we will never beat australia or any good test team unless we change our mentality nd low profile attitude....
if we dont have the ability to step up against teams like australia or india or sri lanka.....then i am sorry bangladesh doesnt deserve their test status....
getting test status puts us amongst the worlds best...so lets start acting like one nd get rid of that "i am a feaking minnow, i am bound to loose against aussies nd god knows wat" attitude.

pagla bowler
April 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
yeah guys, u all, well said / except those dum guys who dont even know what test cricket is all about// hell they dont even know what cricket is all about, our lads have done enough to fell proud to be a bangladeshi. come what may tomorrow i am with them.........

fai_hasan
April 11, 2006, 11:35 AM
abostha begotik, amar bhoi korse. arekbar baje bhabe harte cholesi :(

al Furqaan
April 11, 2006, 11:43 AM
tintin and yaseer are right...

all these naysayers, where were you after day 1? cheering and going crazy, right?

well if you knew this was gonna happen, why bothering to cheer? you should have just said it was good, but we are gonna lose.

remember the players never guaranteed or promised us a win, you folks came to that conclusion independtly.

yes it is possible for OZ to win, but its equally possible to have trouble chasing 300+.

will i be dissappointed, if we lose? of course. but try to understand we are a team that has never won a test and we are playing the kings.

we are moving up, slowly in tests (still a phenomenal rate) and even faster in ODIs.

enjoy what success you get, folks cuz our days of winning are just around the corner.

DotBall
April 11, 2006, 11:49 AM
I just had to say few things here.....
<o></o>
- BD won 1 test out of 42.
- Some 20+ matches were lost by an inning.
- Last home series we took both games to 4<sup>th</sup> day and beyond (but we lost).
- We beat AUS in ODI (big confidence)
- AUS is the #1 team in the world (both Test and ODI)
- We dominated them in the first 2 days (beyond anybody’s imagination in this forum)
- Aussies came back on the 3<sup>rd</sup> day and that was expected (no team walked over this Aussie outfit lately like we did)
- 2-3 of our best batsmen are still very immature and young, but we have good bowlers to fight hard.
- We missed out in 2003 beating PAK. We have a similar opportunity here, but need to respond to pressure.
<o></o>
Now, reading some posts here I see a lot fans show the same characters we always accuse our players of having (inconsistency, playing rash shots, not thinking, not pushing the limit, pessimistic, etc.)
<o></o>
It is a tense match and the situation is alien to us. We as fans need to learn to handle the situation and back our team. Being positive is the only way to come out as winner. And even if we loose this match we will still be winner over the Aussies for 2 days and we will take that confidence to next game.
<o></o>
I hope so much that BD will win this match, but I don’t wish for us to win it comprehensively (Aussies won’t let it happen anyway). A hard fought win will do 100 times more for us than an easy win. It is hard to keep our (fans) cool in these tense situations but if you don’t develop a stomach for this then I have to say you are missing out a lot.
<o></o>
Come on guys lets cheer for our players. They have taken us this far, we can cheer them to go further…..

shimraj
April 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
honestly its this mentality that "australia is the worlds best team, so its a big honour that we nearly made them follow on" and "they are the worlds best team, what can we do? atleast we tried our best" thats drowing us nd giving excuses for our losses....
we will never beat australia or any good test team unless we change our mentality nd low profile attitude....
if we dont have the ability to step up against teams like australia or india or sri lanka.....then i am sorry bangladesh doesnt deserve their test status....
getting test status puts us amongst the worlds best...so lets start acting like one nd get rid of that "i am a feaking minnow, i am bound to loose against aussies nd god knows wat" attitude.

Man, you got so much pissed off that you sounded exactly like Ponting. What a shame!!
Come on! You should be thankful to our team to give you the first 2 days. It could have been worse.
I used to react this way 4/5 years back. But now I believe in my team. To me Bangladesh is the best team in the world. And I can guarantee you in the next 5 to 10 years any team in the world will spoil their pants hearing the name of the tigers. If I live that far, inshaallah I will see that Bangladesh. When I talk to my friends from the subcontinent about the performance of my team it makes me so proud. We have been oppressed by the British then Pakistanis for so many years that we lost our self respect. That's why when I see my country playing so good against world class teams, it just brings tears to my eyes. Believe me, I get so much emotional when I see my country rising her head among the best in the world.
All the players in our team are much younger than me. When I see these little kids facing the giants of the time, it is simply beyond my expectation. The innocent look on their faces fills my heart with tremendous joy. I know they will shine like bright dazzling sun in the sky one day. So please do not despair and do not give up. I will inshaallah be the proud citizen of the country that will dominate the cricket world like no one has done before.
Friend, that day is not too far. So cheer up. :)
May God always be with my team.

ps. I have been waiting for the day when the Tigers will thrash the Brits. That will be the best day of my life.

stickywicket
April 11, 2006, 12:42 PM
Don't get us wrong who are bashing the players. I can't speak for anyone but for myself. First of all, Bangladesh did something that nobody even imagined. They deserve our cheers and praises. All I am saying is that an experienced, mature and with the responsibility of captain, Habibul Bashar should have been more mindful - for God sake, we only had an hour or so left when he was runout for the day. He may have been tired from 3 days of play in the heat but that's no excuse. I am no way implying that player should be dropped. Most of these player - young and veterans - can and will make mistakes and that's how people learn. However, seeing how close they are from the precious victory, Habibul Bashar should have been more careful. All I was asking is for him to run not walk when the ball was so close. It even seemed like he waited and watched the ball for a fraction of a second as the ball was hitting the stumps instead of worrying about landing his bat on the ground. This is not asking much. I don't blame Ash because his lbw was unfortunate and should not have given. As far as Aftab - he is young , he is learning and I am sure he was following the lead of his captain!!

Tigers have done exceptional but after 40 some tests and being on top and seeing the victory right before their eyes, at least the captain should have been more mindful and I am sure that would have had some affect on his players who some of us are blaming.

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 12:45 PM
Tigers have done exceptional but after 40 some tests and being on top and seeing the victory right before their eyes, at least the captain should have been more mindful and I am sure that would have had some affect on his players who some of us are blaming.
I can't agree with you more. Good post mate. ;)

Miraz
April 11, 2006, 01:03 PM
Friends, trust me BD is not going to lose the match!!

Bangladesh just nedd 60 odd run to add with the overnight score. Then our lead will be 342. For your information highest succesful run chase in sub continent is 326 by Srilanka against Zimbabwe and 314 by Pakistan against Australia. So its not going to be easy for Australia to chase this run at low slow turning track.

I am quite sure Bangladesh can score 60 more run tomorrow.

So all the best and lets beside the team. Don't bash them please.

ahms
April 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
Inshallah, we will win. Our players shouldn't think we have enough on the board. They should try as hard as possible. Ash was unlucky but basher and aftab played very silly & amature respectively.

Win or Loss, Congratulation to Team, Coach, and Management for bringing cricket thus far. They should continue in this form, in second test as well.

May Allah grant us victory, ameen.

sadi
April 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
if anyone would've told me before the test start that we will go into the fourth day with 282 runs lead, I would laugh it of... so guys just relax and enjoy... whatever happens, you should be proud of our boys... eventhough they whitewashed kenya, i was kinda skeptical about their progress but watching them play against aussies cleared all the doubt for me.... give them another two years and they will really rock it.... i am sure we will put some runs on the board tomorrow and aussies have to work really hard to win this game.... we are not giving it up that easily

ASA
April 11, 2006, 02:15 PM
no - i'm not proud of what Ash and Aftab did for both innings.

but yeah - SN and Rajin rock!!! and Rafique ofcourse!!!

reza_15
April 11, 2006, 02:44 PM
if somehow we happen to put 100 more runs today , that would be good enough to make Aussies struggle. We should go for the win. Inshallah, we will achieve victory and that would be another BIG UPSET !!!

Mohiul
April 11, 2006, 03:10 PM
Inshallah, we will win. Our players shouldn't think we have enough on the board. They should try as hard as possible. Ash was unlucky but basher and aftab played very silly & amature respectively.

Win or Loss, Congratulation to Team, Coach, and Management for bringing cricket thus far. They should continue in this form, in second test as well.

May Allah grant us victory, ameen.

AAAAMIIIIN

imtiaz82
April 11, 2006, 03:12 PM
Just what I was worried about, a big innings from Gilchrist and a familiar second innings batting collapse from Bangladesh :(

I still cannot forget the test match in Multan, where we came so close to winning

kaisermatin
April 11, 2006, 03:56 PM
BD will win. Relax guys. The pitch is horrible. But another 100 runs need to be added in first 35 overs tomorrow. I will eat kangaroo steaks if we win. I am looking for the steakes in Chicago. Any info buddies?

layperson
April 11, 2006, 03:58 PM

:mad: ... i dont know what ur logic is but nothing can convince be tht aftab needs to be dropped.... infact him being dropped in the sri lanka series was a bad decision .... which is y i think he is not playing his normal game .. he is indecisive in his approach.... whiel his natural instinct is to attack he doesnt thinking abt the consequence and ends up playing neither here nor there... he shud be left alone and ppl shud let him play his natural game ... obviously the coach dn the maangement will talk to him if he gets out playing rash shots .... but they shud not stop him frm playing attacking cricket.... he shud be playing his natural game minus the rash shots ... dropping him will only be bad for his confidence and make him more confused.... aftab is the player who has the proper technique and the ability to be one of bangladesh's great finds .... nd if given the proper amount of chances he will shine through.. he is only 20 for god's sake .... i knw my next statement might come as a bit out of this world but this is the truth .... shahriar nafees has a terrible technique..... he neeeds to work on tht to make sure he is a more successful player ... his inclusion is fine since he is performing but if he doesnt work on his technique he wont be able to be successful for long ..... instead of messing a player like aftab ppl shud try nd rectify shariar nafees's technique which wud be for the best of BD cricket since this guy without technique is scoring runs which shows his grit and determination...just leave aftab alone .....

ASA
April 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
he is indecisive in his approach.... whiel his natural instinct is to attack he doesnt thinking abt the consequence and ends up playing neither here nor there... he shud be left alone and ppl shud let him play his natural game ... obviously the coach dn the maangement will talk to him if he gets out playing rash shots .... but they shud not stop him frm playing attacking cricket.... he shud be playing his natural game minus the rash shots ...

This is test cricket - and it requires a lot patience and concentration along with talents. If your 'natural game' does not match with the requirements of that - you should be playing ODIs. as simple as that. I don't doubt the talents of Aftab (and Ash for that matter) - but what is that really producing for the team? In the first innings, it still could have been tolerated because the top order already produced a good chunk of runs - but what was the excuse this time?

metallian
April 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think bd should play in a more aggressive batting style. I noticed our batsman dont score as much if they score very slow. They should play in a more aggressive batting style; meaning keeping the RR:4 or 4.5 from here on... We've lost 5 wickets and we dont have any good batsman left (except for rajin). Khaled Mashud should be more agressive and try to put some runs up the board. If they play slow, they can take time but we'll score even less.
what do u guys think?

IanW
April 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
The lead is 282 runs, and Australia have to bat again, against Haque and Rafique.

From now on, every run counts double.

Snick through vacant slips for two, counts as four.

Drive through covers, thats eight.

No ball, counts as two.

Becuase they have to get what they got in the first innnings, and then they have to go get some more.

250 isnt easy when you're batting last. 282 is a challenge. Anything over 300 is outright hard.

Someone tell me how many times Australia chased 282 batting last on the subcontinent ?

Ian Whitchurch

FaridpurChicago
April 11, 2006, 04:25 PM
So far in this test, there's a big difference beteween playing in the morning session and post tea session; no matter who played. BD batted well in the 1st day morning and then collapsed in the afternoon. Again they stayed for a while in the second day morning until that collapse. Aussies collapsed in the second day afternoon and did well in the 3rd day morning. BD collapsed on the third day afternoon.
Tomorrow (4th day) morning BD will stay in the middle for a while. Pilot will be there for a while although he won't score 20. This time either Mash or Rafiq will score 30 and BD will go past 200. Aussies will collapse 4th day afternoon targeting 350+. The whole matter will then depend on the 5th day morning performance.

real123
April 11, 2006, 04:29 PM
Guys what about swapping the postion between Aftab and Bashar in the next test ? Bsahar plays spin very well atleast much much betetr than Aftab, also Aftab can play his natural attacking game at no 3. Any thoughts ?

roaring tigerz
April 11, 2006, 04:31 PM
The key to our success in Day-4 is if we have the self belief that we can pull this off. If the lead is anything under 400 ( which seems very likely), the Australians would go for a win. Hayden, Ponting and co are all strokemakers and they would aim to target our key weapons-the spinners.
But the 4th and 5th day pitch will deteriorate even further. The crumbling pitch will produce increasing variable bounce and sharp turn.
So how we encounter the aussie aggression and sustain pressure on their batsmen will be important.
Bashar has a big role to play in the 4th innings. When the batsmen score freely Bashar has often been reactive rather than proactive. How he marshals his troops will also be interesting to see.

bdcricfan
April 11, 2006, 05:03 PM
Of course, the more we score, the better chance we have in this match. However, we have to admit that we are playing against Aussies, who are the best. None of us like to see if we can't perform well. However, we have to be optmistic and realistic at the same time. The match is no where over and we need to believe that even if we can just 18 more runs then we will inshallah be able to fight to defend that total (300+). We can't think about the great batsmen like Pontin, Hussey, Clark, Gilchrist, etc. We have to just play wtih our 100% ability and take all the opportunities that may arrive for us and just don't think about the big names.

We desperately need to win. This sort of opportunity comes very rarely. May Allah bless us.

madash
April 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
The order/strategy whatmore and bashar should be telling rajin and pilot is that play 120 runs in a slow rate, to bat the whole day tomorrow.......and then after that target is achieved then start slogging. in that case we will waste most of the day and leave the aussies with aminimal chance of victory. because as bdcricfan put it, they are the best side in the world and they might actually be able to achieve a target of near 400 if they have a day and a half to bat. so they should go slow initially to attain 120+ runs tomorrow and if Allah is kind enough we build a heavier lead. Having a lead of 400+ at the end of the 4th day is surely not a lost for us. Anyhow, may the good Lord bless our players and give them the patience so that they can bat out the juggernauts.
May Allah be with the players tomorrow and the day after.

layperson
April 11, 2006, 06:04 PM
This is test cricket - and it requires a lot patience and concentration along with talents. If your 'natural game' does not match with the requirements of that - you should be playing ODIs. as simple as that. I don't doubt the talents of Aftab (and Ash for that matter) - but what is that really producing for the team? In the first innings, it still could have been tolerated because the top order already produced a good chunk of runs - but what was the excuse this time?

i agree 100% tht natural talent without performance is of no good .... nd all i m saying is tht aftab has not even played 10 test matches yet... more importantly he has been in and out of the test side .... this does not do his confidence ne good ... makes him confuse abt his game ... nd wen he gets the chance he plays awkwardly.... did u see his batting against england in the test match where he scored 81*.... he was playing his natural game which is attacking .... all i m saying is ppl shud let him play his natural game and give him a long run .... if a player like him finds his footing then he will be an asset to the BD team like no other.... however if he still fails then the selectors can drop him ... however i firmly believe this kid will deliver if given the proper opportunity... he does not slog to attack but plays cricketing shots...

BappyHayat
April 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
AAAAMIIIIN

Summa Amin

Anher
April 11, 2006, 06:27 PM
Some Strong cricketing nations are against us to play test cricket. Why ash or aftab would play like ODI in test. why they still dont understand the test cricket after playing so many matches? If u cant play like a test match as it should...u shouldnt come to test. If u dont have temperment u shouldnt included in the test. I meant Ash and Aftab.

Thunder
April 11, 2006, 06:30 PM
the way bd team is playing now, i am sure they will take a lead of 350 odd runs. but the way aussies are coming back in this game, they should chase the 350 runs with losing 7 or 8 wickets. Gilly will play hard again in the second innings just as what injamam did to us in multan.

at this point we need some miracle to save this match i afraid.. :mad:

layperson
April 11, 2006, 07:00 PM
regarding the match situation i feel tht nething above 300 is a fighting score and if we get a lead of over 400 then i am sure we will win ....even if the aussies have one and a half days to bat ...... lets not see the rank of the teams but try nd analyse this from a proper perspective.... chasing over 400 in the fourth innings in this sort of a wicket means it will be risky .... u hv to attack if u want to chase 400 in a day ..in this wicket if they attack the spinners we will hv a greater chance of getting wickets..... since the aussies r too proud they will never play for a draw.... so i think our chances for a win r still very bright provided we can give them a total of 400 nd over to chase..... even if the total is 350 nd more we can make a fight of it.... the key will be to keep wickets intact tomorrow nd also to score runs... i dnt want bd team to bat all day tomorrow .... it wud be best if we cud bat till after tea.... nd then declare with nd hour nd half left in the last session .... during tht time if we caa pick up a wicket or two which is very likely we will be in the driving seat on the fifth day ..all this provided if we can stick to the wicket tht long....but frm where we stand right now i think we still hv a good chance in this test match.. good luck to the Tigers...

al Furqaan
April 11, 2006, 07:03 PM
The lead is 282 runs, and Australia have to bat again, against Haque and Rafique.

From now on, every run counts double.

Snick through vacant slips for two, counts as four.

Drive through covers, thats eight.

No ball, counts as two.

Becuase they have to get what they got in the first innnings, and then they have to go get some more.

250 isnt easy when you're batting last. 282 is a challenge. Anything over 300 is outright hard.

Someone tell me how many times Australia chased 282 batting last on the subcontinent ?

Ian Whitchurch

Ian, i am 2nd to you only, in terms of optimism for this match...but even then i won't believe our chances of winning until we actually pull it off.

id say its 50-50 right now, unless bangladesh collapse. if we post more than 350 our odds increase, but up to then 50-50.

never underestimate the aussies (or inzy for that matter).

Flipper
April 11, 2006, 07:51 PM
We are on the verge of witnessig our greatest cricket success! Can't wait...

kaisermatin
April 11, 2006, 07:59 PM
Didn't I say that Aussie devastation by BD is imminent just before the test. Hold your breath guys for our dream coming true and stop whining about what has passed. This thread is now read by everyone even the players; so just give our boys some positive boosters. They have played very well with their chin up and brave heart. Go BD go.

akbar1
April 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
How do you know that the tread is read by the players?

CricTiger
April 11, 2006, 08:13 PM
How do you know that the tread is read by the players?

Common sense

IanW
April 11, 2006, 08:45 PM
I hope this thread isnt read by the players, because if they have one-tenth of the fear expressed by some of the weak-kneed, yellow-bellied gutless wonders that post here, then the cause of beating Australia and gaining respect for the Bangladesh cricket team is completely and absolutely <<explive deleted after advice from the mods>>.

If Bangladesh as a whole had historically had the attitude of some of the posters here, then ignore Islamabad - the place would still be being run from the Colonial Office in Whitehall.

Ian Whitchurch

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 09:38 PM
Gilchrist said while Bangladesh was in a commanding position, Australia had fought back well to give itself a chance of claiming victory.
"It is going to be a very good match," he said. "(Although) they have a pretty handy lead, we are getting ourselves back into the match."

Bangladeshi vice-captain Khaled Mashud said the hosts were determined to build on their lead.
"We are still in a sufficiently good position," he said. "Our aim is 125 more runs to set a good challenge for the visitors."

Source: ABC/Reuters

At least our players are thinking positively!

fagashes
April 11, 2006, 09:47 PM
If Bangladesh as a whole had historically had the attitude of some of the posters here, then ignore Islamabad - the place would still be being run from the Colonial Office in Whitehall.

Ian Whitchurch

Bhai (brother)... you r right. U made me proud.

We know we can do it. Most here are probably scared to jinx the team.

Well... screw the jinx! GOOO TIGERS!!! I WILL BACK YOU. IF U R DEFEATED ... ILL DIE WITH U.... IF U WIN ULL WIN FOR ME.... UR REPRESENTING MY COUNTRY... THE COUNTRY I WAS CONCIEVED IN AND THE COUNTRY I WILL DIE IN... I WILL SCREAM FOR YOU... HELL YES I WILL SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT FOR U BANGLADESH.... GO TIGERS GO. FEAR NOTHING. DO WAT YOU HAVE TO DO. U HAVE MY UNFLINCHING SUPPORT!

F

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 09:49 PM
Okkk... I think someone needs to relax... a little.

BappyHayat
April 11, 2006, 09:50 PM
Bhai (brother)... you r right. U made me proud.

We know we can do it. Most here are probably scared to jinx the team.

Well... screw the jinx! GOOO TIGERS!!! I WILL BACK YOU. IF U R DEFEATED ... ILL DIE WITH U.... IF U WIN ULL WIN FOR ME.... UR REPRESENTING MY COUNTRY... THE COUNTRY I WAS CONCIEVED IN AND THE COUNTRY I WILL DIE IN... I WILL SCREAM FOR YOU... HELL YES I WILL SCREAM MY LUNGS FOR U BANGLADESH.... GO TIGERS GO. FEAR NOTHING. DO WAT YOU HAVE TO DO. U HAVE MY UNFLINCHING SUPPORT!

F

Ohh we are so emotional and excited...

Good for Us

Rohel
April 11, 2006, 10:26 PM
we need have atleat 370 lead, so we will able fight with them

fai_hasan
April 11, 2006, 10:51 PM
I think 350 lead is enough to win

;)

Frost
April 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
I wondering if it is the most-posted thread in BanglaCricket's history...:confused:

ammark
April 11, 2006, 11:00 PM
Just saw the pitch report and Gilchrist's talk with Ravi Shastri. Eto tension lagtese ekhon!!! DHUT!! Ki HOBE??? "Pitch is cracked and is gonna wear out bad"! "Batsmen have to think straight". TENSION!!

sabbir ahmad
April 11, 2006, 11:01 PM
4444444444444444444444444 Bangladesh Bangladesh

ammark
April 11, 2006, 11:02 PM
Shabash!! Four First Ball!!! :d

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 11:02 PM
I wondering if it is the most-posted thread in BanglaCricket's history...:confused:
If it isn't already, then it quite soon will be! Have we ever made it to the 5th morning of a test? :D

4 easy runs! :)

Frost
April 11, 2006, 11:04 PM
Any FREE streaming video for poor fans like me???

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:04 PM
Four byes, but they all count.

Next taget, 140 runs.

Ian Whitchurch

sabbir ahmad
April 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh out

Mr-Cricket
Oh no! What a ball!

BanCricFan
good morning! good afternoon, good evening!

Frost
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
Just what we needed...

April 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
wtf! amateurish leave!

Miraz
April 11, 2006, 11:08 PM
Ohh no! How and why Pilot have done this ?

We are straight in the backfoot.

roi
Khaled masud should retire now....no need of him any more....lets try Rahim.........

IanW
Never forget, they have to bat on this too.

Ian

thebest
To those who are whinning, I just tell them to read the thread about our expectation. Sorry I could not find the thread. AFAIR only 2/3 wanted a win (I was one of them and the other one I think Kaisermatin Bhai) and they were ridiclued. I have confidence in my team and they would win. Believe me.
To those who are blaming Aftab for playing irresponsible shot blame the selector. He is not a test player put him in middle of nowhere position. Naturally he is an attacking player. So he is curbing his instinct to prove selectors that he is a test player. Once he bogged down he started to think that he has too little againest his name after spending so much time in the crease. so suddenly he tried to increase the tempo and got out in irresponsible shot. Still he was partner in two of the mini recovery (56 and 47 runs).

BanCricFan
Rafiq has to play innings of his life! Stay there!

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
Never forget, they have to bat on this too.

Ian
That ball actually didn't do that much - it was poor judgement more than anything!

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
Kept low. It'll do that to them too, and Bangladesh arent the ones chasing 300 odd.

Ian

Mohiul
April 11, 2006, 11:11 PM
lead ki 300 per hobe?

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
Australia now need to get 13 more than they managed first time around,and on a worse pitch.

Ian

Mohiul
April 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
Hope Rafique play a good knock today.

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 11:14 PM
Kept low. It'll do that to them too, and Bangladesh arent the ones chasing 300 odd.

Ian
Hit the top of off mate! But I agree it will be exponentially difficult to chase regardless. Wow that ball from Warne kept low! And that was a very risky shot by Rajin! This is so nerve racking!

sabbir ahmad
April 11, 2006, 11:15 PM
dilmha tv ta............india vs eng khela dekhache

ban.vs aus any live vidio link plssssssssssssssss
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

thebest
April 11, 2006, 11:16 PM
even online media is not working. any other video link

protik
April 11, 2006, 11:17 PM
guys, did anyone manage to get into daruchini.com lately?

ASA
April 11, 2006, 11:18 PM
Pilot just undid what he built up for years ...

what was he THINKING?!!!

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
OK, thats the 140 target up.

Next milestone, 160.

Lead is now three hundred.

Ian

April 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
Rafique 3 fours in a row!!

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 11:25 PM
Anything from here is a bonus. Great work by Rafique.

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:26 PM
Warney's shoulder pain is returning.

Or it will be ;)

Ian

metallian
April 11, 2006, 11:26 PM
anyone showing the match? commentary should be fine too... plz?

thebest
April 11, 2006, 11:29 PM
guys, did anyone manage to get into daruchini.com lately?

no. banladeshlive is also dead

helal
April 11, 2006, 11:34 PM
****!!!!!!!! rafique out

thebest
April 11, 2006, 11:35 PM
warne is on hattric. all the good work againest warne is undone

AussieFan
April 11, 2006, 11:35 PM
Warney's shoulder pain is returning.

Or it will be ;)

Ian

Not really matie boy. Rafique is the one returning to the pavillion.

It's all happening matie boy.

AussieFan
April 11, 2006, 11:37 PM
Talking about returning Iani-boy, Mortaza is also doin' jus' tat.

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:38 PM
147 runs. 305 ahead. 46 more than they got in the first dig.

One ball at a time, next target 160.

Ian

AussieFan
April 11, 2006, 11:40 PM
A U S T R A L I A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:41 PM
OK, time to slog

Ian

thebest
April 11, 2006, 11:42 PM
I think it is now better to attck now. defending might buy some time but not so many runs. But going for attack would give us some bonus run. We would not defending 350 anymore. so it would not matter whether aus play 11 hr or 11hr 30 min

Who's going to slog? :-(

kingroach
rajin also gone.. anyway.. if bangladesh can win with 350.. they can win with 300..

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:47 PM
Kingroach,

Yep. Tight, disciplined bowling, just like we saw in the first innings, will win this thing.

Ian

AussieFan
April 11, 2006, 11:49 PM
147 runs. 305 ahead. 46 more than they got in the first dig.

One ball at a time, next target 160.

Ian

So that is a benckmark eh mate ? Was that the only time Aussies ever batted ?

Mohiul
April 11, 2006, 11:51 PM
balir badh

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:51 PM
In this test match, yes.

By the way, how often have Australia chased 300 on the subcontinent and won ?

It's a very defensible target. And about 300 more than you'd been predicting they'd chase.

Ian Whitchurch

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 11:59 PM
That trully was an abysmal showing. Devastating. 300 runs is not insumountable, but if we can remain disiplined with the ball and in the field, the game is still there for our taking. I'm shattered. I feel for Rajin in a way though, everyone fell around him - mostly through poor shot selection or bad judgement (Bashar). It ultimatly led to his own downfall.

metallian
April 12, 2006, 12:00 AM
is this game being broadcast or any commentaries' link plz?

helal
April 12, 2006, 12:01 AM
In this test match, yes.

It's a very defensible target. And about 300 more than you'd been predicting they'd chase.

Ian Whitchurch
Ian how u can keep urself so calm.Even being a bangladeshi...we aren't finding any hope.....Bravo brother!Bravo!!!!

metallian
April 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
i donno what rajin was thinking at the end... when he saw 6th or 7th wicket fell already, he should've played agressive and should've gotten some score on the board.

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
Masri's bowling way too many down leg side. Shocking first over.

Huda
April 12, 2006, 12:04 AM
whos watching on what? dilmatv free links? any other streams? thx

metallian
April 12, 2006, 12:05 AM
any linkss?

IanW
April 12, 2006, 12:05 AM
C'mon fellas, keep it tight, nothing on the legs, make the pitch do the work for you.

Ian

mhferdaus
April 12, 2006, 12:06 AM
I am just happy BD so far played so well, if they could do better in the 2nd innigs they might have even won, but we have to see how much of glass is full, instead of how much of it is empty he he ...

ALHAMDULILLAH

Daddy_Mac
April 12, 2006, 12:08 AM
:confused:
What went wrong this mourning did the watch ntv btv and Channel 1 too much...
Ajka pura murir moto wicke porse...pura murir moto...
And what the hell is wrong with this site the last one was thousand time better then this one....:mad::mad::mad:

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:09 AM
We need one arly wicket and that will push the aussies in the backfoot.

reza_15
April 12, 2006, 12:11 AM
need to get some wickets b4 lunch.

roaring_tiger
April 12, 2006, 12:11 AM
And what the hell is wrong with this site the last one was thousand time better then this one....:mad::mad::mad:[/quote]

... ya I agree.. what happened guys?... this is like our second innings..:mad:

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:12 AM
Looks like the spinners will be left with all the work to do. Our openeing bowlers are just going through the motions.

reza_15
April 12, 2006, 12:12 AM
bangladesh'er batting mon kharap kore dilo. we would have put more pressure on them . still it's possible. hoping for the best.

Mon
April 12, 2006, 12:14 AM
hairay. Shob kichu ulta palta hoiya gelo. How come we got out so quickly :(

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 12:15 AM
In this test match, yes.

Ian Whitchurch

300 looks big matie boy.

Anyway, it is now 297...keeps goin' down matie boy...

Mon
eshob ki holo :(

kangaroo bagher kandhe uitha jachche!

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:16 AM
Well the body language of the players are not positive. That should be positive, what Bashar and other seniors doing?

Dhurr
April 12, 2006, 12:17 AM
Just like I said, the tail sucks. Well, we have a 300+ lead. I think we're still in a commanding position.

Bowl wicket to wicket. No loose balls. Then hand it over to Rafique and Enamul, and just enjoy the ride.

Mon
April 12, 2006, 12:17 AM
Enam and rafiq should come on right now

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:18 AM
We are still top of the game.

real123
April 12, 2006, 12:19 AM
Where are the moderators ? Everytime a game starts and the this website goes down every now and then....Looks like they are not helping us out.

real123
April 12, 2006, 12:23 AM
Tail enders broke my heart again. We need some coaching for them.

Mr-Cricket
Where are the moderators ? Everytime a game starts and the this website goes down every now and then....Looks like they are not helping us out.
What do you want them to do? Create a crash-proof server? :D

Thunder
wow.. what a great change in BD team. they really know how to lose from a position when they made 423 and get aussies to 6/93. its really incredible. there's no team in the world can do this.. thats why we are number 10.. :mad:

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 12:24 AM
And what the hell is wrong with this site the last one was thousand time better then this one....:mad::mad::mad:
... ya I agree.. what happened guys?... this is like our second innings..:mad:[/quote]

I came here very recently. Was the previous one better ? This keeps folding up. Anyway, this is a very special match and thousands much be visiting. So that may be the reason.

Thanks Banglacricket staff anyway, for your hard work.

Dhurr
April 12, 2006, 12:26 AM
Dhurr! Forum server dui minute por por jai ga. Cricinfo khali khali down. Mejaj tai kharap hoiya ase!

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:27 AM
wow.. what a great change in BD team. they really know how to lose from a position when they made 423 and get aussies to 6/93. its really incredible. there's no team in the world can do this.. thats why we are number 10.. :mad:
Ahhhhh, Bangladesh! Can't live with em', can't live without em'! :D

sangeet
Let's admit, we all know the outcome of this game, now. But, it was a game worth watching. This was way too much intersting than tigers' other 4 day loss matches. I am sure, each and every fan of tigers' have enjoyed the last three days, and we will continure to enjoy the rest of the match with big heart. No complaints (ok, there may be some)!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

Miraz
We need one spinner from the other end. Bashar should realize that asap

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 12:28 AM
Thousands visting the site...A very special match for Bangladesh.

So spare the Banglacricket staff, boys. This is better than any Aussie site, I should say.

Aussie cricket is better though ! :)

Mon
April 12, 2006, 12:28 AM
Basher is too slow to realize that!!!:(

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:29 AM
Let's admit, we all know the outcome of this game, now. But, it was a game worth watching. This was way too much intersting than tigers' other 4 day loss matches. I am sure, each and every fan of tigers' have enjoyed the last three days, and we will continure to enjoy the rest of the match with big heart. No complaints (ok, there may be some)!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!
I'll happily reserve my predictions until after the conclusion of this match. :)

Frost
April 12, 2006, 12:29 AM
Is there any live video stream today? Dilma, BangladeshLive, OnLineMedia - nothing is working

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 12:30 AM
Australia needs a very god opening stand. An early wicket is what the Tigers need - that'll severely dent the Aussie psyche.

Anyway, I see the Aussies winning ! Suddenly, it is only 283 to make !!! Might happen on the 4th day, after all !

Dhurr
Bhai, apne to Bangali. Khali khali Australian hobar bhabh dhorsen ken?

protik
Come on guys, we haven't lost the match yet. Let's hope for the best. It won't finish today - 300+ is hard to get on any day of a test against any team (specially in the 4th innings). The fast bowlers should bowl till the ball looses its shine. You can't just ask Rafiq and Enam to bowl over after over, they are humans too - they'll get tired.

Miraz
Masri is bowling good but his bowl is not coming back at the left hander.

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 12:31 AM

They are not the guys mate !

Mr-khan
April 12, 2006, 12:31 AM
Bhai, apne to Bangali. Khali khali Australian hobar bhabh dhorsen ken?
Ki ar korbo..barite kew attention dae na..so forum a jodi ektu pawa jae oi asay!

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 12:32 AM
Mortaza boy is bowlin' well. 3 out of 4 are maidens.

Dhurr
April 12, 2006, 12:32 AM
Rajib bowl kortese ki jonne? khali khali run ditese.

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:33 AM
bhai, hothat e dekben wkt pore gese .... inshallah

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:34 AM
30 minutes until the lunch break. Time to replace Mortaza with a spinner.

roi
April 12, 2006, 12:35 AM
Bd tail coolapse in same passion....pathetic

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:35 AM
The match will begin when spinners will be on and australia start losing wickets. One or two will put them right in the backfoot.

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:36 AM
30 minutes until the lunch break. Time to replace Mortaza with a spinner.

spi spin kortechen keno bhai? Enam ki notun bol ghurate pare naki?

roi
April 12, 2006, 12:37 AM
Desparetly we need a wicket....go bangladesh goooooooo

roi
April 12, 2006, 12:38 AM
By the way....What

roi
By the way....What i sthat

Frost
Bhaggo bhalo je fan-ra mather khela control kore na. noile ekta four mara-r porei bowler change korto:)

Huda
spinners will be on after lunch then we can do the damage we will win inshallah

so no dilmatv links..no other links...pls share...

roi
April 12, 2006, 12:39 AM
By the way, what is that Rep and rep power on right upper side of any post?

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:40 AM
how does the weather look like in Dhaka today? half day bristi holey kintu khelay jome jabe

Thunder
i dont know why bashar didn't use aftab at all. i think he a very good bowler and considering the pitch he might get 1 or 2 lbw decisions.. :confused:

truetruetiger
bring the spinners on

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:41 AM
Bhaggo bhalo je fan-ra mather khela control kore na. noile ekta four mara-r porei bowler change korto:)

ja koichen

Frost
April 12, 2006, 12:42 AM
i dont know why bashar didn't use aftab at all. i think he a very good bowler and considering the pitch he might get 1 or 2 lbw decisions.. :confused:
eto notun ball Aftab-re dile tar haat theke ball pislaiya jaibo:)

Huda
April 12, 2006, 12:42 AM
ah rajib nearly got edge

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:43 AM
Better now than never. I was referring more to Rafique - and the laquer on the ball has already started to wear off - it shouldn't be too difficult to grip the ball for a spinner at this stage. Regardless, we need a breakthrough before this lunchbreak!

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:44 AM
Aftab je ei situation e bhalo bowler eita se prove korlo kobe?

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:45 AM
Aussies are playing cautiously and haven't got a flying start. We need to keep the pressure on.

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:45 AM
Better now than never. I was referring more to Rafique - and the laquer on the ball has already started to wear off - it shouldn't be too difficult to grip the ball for a spinner at this stage. Regardless, we need a breakthrough before this lunchbreak!

ok, Mashri and Rafiq combination then....

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 12:47 AM
rajib is bowling very well, he deserves a wicket

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:48 AM
ok, Mashri and Rafiq combination then....
I'm not too keen on Masri at the moment - to tell you the truth. He may be bowling economically, but he's still not bowling a good line (a few too many straying down leg side). Shahahahadat looks far likelier to take a wicket at this stage. I'd go with him and Rafique in tandem for the next 10 minutes.

Frost
April 12, 2006, 12:48 AM
rajib is bowling very well, he deserves a wicket
and some people wanted to replace him:o

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:49 AM
Why Bashar is waiting, not bringing the spin? Why???????

dorbesh
April 12, 2006, 12:49 AM
I have a prediction that BD will lose by 4 wkt this match. hell, I do not know when BD will learn to play second innings!!!! I just hope that BD hold their nurve and take the game to 5th day. I am out...good luck bangladesh!

Frost
April 12, 2006, 12:51 AM
I have a prediction that BD will lose by 4 wkt this match. hell, I do not know when BD will learn to play second innings!!!! I just hope that BD hold their nurve and take the game to 5th day. I am out...good luck bangladesh!

I hope your prediction would turned to be wrong and hope you will comeback to see after a good night sleep that Bangladesh has WON:-)

roc
is any1 using dilma tv. what happened man. it just stopped streaming. if anybody knows whats happening pls let me no.

Mr-Cricket
I'm praying Bashar doesn't feel the urge to bring on another part-timer, the last over before the break - he's brought on Ashraful for a return of 11 runs, and then Saleh for 5 more. It's just not worth it. Why not use your best bowlers when you have the chance. Going back to the pavilion with easy runs to your name will only build your confidence.

ahaMhkoor
April 12, 2006, 12:52 AM
Bashar has to think outside the box now ! Bring on Rafique to bowl alongside Mortaza. Go for a wicket before they reach 50. That'll surely put the Aussies on the ddfensive, bring back the dull, scary feeling of their first innings...

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:53 AM
Its the spinners which will win us the match. Bring them on. Pls Bashar c'mon to ur sense

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 12:55 AM
Guys, I'm finding it hard to stay positive, but I'm trying my best. Remember, where there is a Multan (1 wicket loss - Pak vs Ban), there is Edgbaston (2 run loss - Eng vs Aus).

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 12:55 AM

don't be crazy, man

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 12:56 AM
Its the spinners which will win us the match. Bring them on. Pls Bashar c'mon to ur sense

He just did

Frost
April 12, 2006, 12:57 AM
your prayer has been answered. Let's hope we go for lunch with 2 wickets

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 12:57 AM
Good to see Rafiq bowling. But why over the wicket? He needs to bowl round the wicket.

protik
April 12, 2006, 12:58 AM
spinners from both end, this is interesting

ahaMhkoor
April 12, 2006, 12:58 AM
Mortaza has caused some fear in the minds of the Aussies. He shoyld bowl on. At the other end, Rafique could come in. He's one helluva spiiner. The unsung hero of Bangladeshi cricket.

Having to deal with these two extremely different deils will make it difficult for the Aussies...

An early wicket ten, before they get 50, will make them panic...

Then Enamul could join the fray, and turn the ball square.

ahaMhkoor
April 12, 2006, 12:59 AM
Mortaza has caused some fear in the minds of the Aussies. He shoyld bowl on. At the other end, Rafique could come in. He's one helluva spiiner. The unsung hero of Bangladeshi cricket.

Having to deal with these two extremely different deils will make it difficult for the Aussies...

An early wicket ten, before they get 50, will make them panic...

Then Enamul could join the fray, and turn the ball square.

ahaMhkoor
April 12, 2006, 01:00 AM
I think Mortaza should have stayed on...

Frost
April 12, 2006, 01:01 AM
Inside edges should go to wicket not to pad

truetruetiger
anyone watching dilmatv, can you hear any sound?

Mr-Cricket
anyone watching dilmatv, can you hear any sound?
The sounds fine.

Rohel
April 12, 2006, 01:03 AM
so, do we have any hope to win this match

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:04 AM
Aussies will win.

Frost
I hope our players will a short and inspiring team meeting over the lunch. Then give them "moron kamor"

Rohel
i know what we can do

Faisal
April 12, 2006, 01:05 AM
seems australia will win easily... argg good luck bd

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:05 AM
Well, at lunch Australia 31/0. First over from Enamul is really impressive. Now after lunch we need to contnue attack with spin at one end and few overs from fast bowlers and bring another spinner.

But I am afreaid, Bashar will start with two quicks and will allow the aussie batsmen to settle

Frost
April 12, 2006, 01:07 AM
Aussies will win.

That is expected from them; so if they do it's nothing new. If we lose after all these, there is no problem too - we proved what we can do. However, if they (Aus) don't win, then it's a shame for them.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:08 AM
seems australia will win easily... argg good luck bd

Man!! Its just the start of the play. A long way to go for the aussies. I don't think they are gonna win. You can see the panic after one wicket is gone.

Wait and just keep ur hope.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:08 AM
The sounds fine.

oh, something wrong with my computer then

tutul
April 12, 2006, 01:09 AM
ki chilo aar ki holo. oz's true colar is shining now. lower order batting amader ato kharap hotacha kano? agato lower order valoi bat korto.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:10 AM
i would just like to say, if aussies win, i will still be very proud of bangladesh. we put up a great fight

cricket_pagol
April 12, 2006, 01:10 AM
The spinners after lunch will decide the fate of this game... I still think Bangladesh has a pretty good chance.