PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Australia, 1st Test, 9th April - 13th April, Fatullah

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:12 AM
Very interesting stage. Post-lunch wickets are quite a familiar phenomenon. THey fall son after lunch.

If Aussies don't let it happen, the rest will take care of itself.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:13 AM
The spinners after lunch will decide the fate of this game... I still think Bangladesh has a pretty good chance.

i hope thats true, but this is australia they can't lose. i dream that i am wrong...

Spitfire_x86
April 12, 2006, 01:14 AM
This is not even going to be Multan. Much more heartbreaking things await for us :(

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 01:14 AM
Let the Aussies eat only RICE for the lunch. They will fall asleep and will fail to see the turn of Rafique and Enamul.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:15 AM
Let the Aussies eat only RICE for the lunch. They will fall asleep and will fail to see the turn of Rafique and Enamul.

lol, but i think they got their own kangaroo meat

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 01:17 AM
I rekon the Aussies won't want to drag this game on any longer than they have to. 276 runs in 65 overs works out to be 4.25 runs an over. And that is generally what the rate they have been scoring at in the last 5 years - maybe a touch lower. So it seems this game could well be won or lost today.

If we are able to put them on the back foot, take some important wickets (e.g. Hayden, Hussey, Ponting), then that may well change (chasing at 4.25 an over). We really need to work hard. Mortaza is lacking venom at the moment, and Shahadat, while he is trying hard, he is maybe trying to bowl too many short delieveries. Ok, the odd bouncer now and then can be lethal, but it shouldn't be overused - and more so on this pitch, where you have to dig it in shorter than halfway just to gather any bounce (which then gives the batsman ample time to rock back and pull it away - like we saw Hussey do).

Regardless, I'm sure this game still has plenty more twists and turns left in it. Remember, where there is a Mohali, there is an Edgbaston! ;)

Frost
April 12, 2006, 01:17 AM

Rice with some "dyle" would be much better. If you know what I mean

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 01:19 AM
then some supply of DAL may work...should be tasty with the Kangaroo meat :)

Anyway guys, there is nothing to be frustrated. Even if they make 200 without losing a wicket, I will still hope we win and that's very much possible. We have nothing to lose; just to fight hard till the end.

sangeet
April 12, 2006, 01:20 AM
No way aussies can finish this game today.

if the game finishes today, then it will be in favor of BD tigers. mark my word for it.

protik
April 12, 2006, 01:22 AM
I can tell you that winning the game by today (by scoring at 4+ run rate) is not something on aussie's mind. That will be quite dangerous to them. After all that have happened so far they won't underestimate BD at least while this test is going on

xunta
April 12, 2006, 01:22 AM
as much as i would love to stay up and click away on the refresh tab on cricinfo, out of laziness and the dejection of waiting for the inevitable, i say goodnight. for the 199 odd viewers who're enjoying the onlinemedia.in stream, enjoy! regardless of the outcome of the match -as far as the big picture is concerned - we'll have one less critic to challenge our test status!

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:23 AM
This is not even going to be Multan. Much more heartbreaking things await for us :(

Spitty this is not going to be Multan thats for sure. Because we will end up in the winning side ;)

The game just started and our spinners have just bowled two overs. Let them bowl 50 odd over and you will find a completely different scenario.

Bangladesh is winning the match. But its really a shame for Bangladesh which should have been a comfortable win, they have already made it difficult. We really need to know how to bat in the 2nd innings. Its really not possible always win matches after such a poor show in the second innings.

protik
April 12, 2006, 01:24 AM
are there still more left to criticise BD's test status, I though they are extinct by now....

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:25 AM
I rekon the Aussies won't want to drag this game on any longer than they have to. 276 runs in 65 overs works out to be 4.25 runs an over. And that is generally what the rate they have been scoring at in the last 5 years - maybe a touch lower. So it seems this game could well be won or lost today.

If we are able to put them on the back foot, take some important wickets (e.g. Hayden, Hussey, Ponting), then that may well change (chasing at 4.25 an over). We really need to work hard. Mortaza is lacking venom at the moment, and Shahadat, while he is trying hard, he is maybe trying to bowl too many short delieveries. Ok, the odd bouncer now and then can be lethal, but it shouldn't be overused - and more so on this pitch, where you have to dig it in shorter than halfway just to gather any bounce (which then gives the batsman ample time to rock back and pull it away - like we saw Hussey do).

Regardless, I'm sure this game still has plenty more twists and turns left in it. Remember, where there is a Mohali, there is an Edgbaston! ;)

Aussies won't take it like that. They know it is dangerous to accelerate on this wicket...They'll take it easy and win by lunch on the fifth day. I'd love to see them today though.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:26 AM
Very interesting stage. Post-lunch wickets are quite a familiar phenomenon. THey fall son after lunch.

If Aussies don't let it happen, the rest will take care of itself.

And that collapse is imminent ;)

BD spinners will play the music soon. Get ready for that ;)

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:28 AM
are there still more left to criticise BD's test status, I though they are extinct by now....

I won't question it, as once granted it stays. (Zimbabwe is a totally different matter.)

One good match - and that too not won - once in a while is not what you need. You need wins and consistency. Bangladesh has to go a long way.

I am not being disrespectful of Bangladesh. To solve a problem, you have to first define it.

Anyway, this has been one helluva test.

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 01:28 AM
I can tell you that winning the game by today (by scoring at 4+ run rate) is not something on aussie's mind. That will be quite dangerous to them. After all that have happened so far they won't underestimate BD at least while this test is going on
In saying that, most of the wickets in their first innings came about through excessive defending (e.g. Hayden, Hussey, Ponting, Clarke, Lee, etc - you get the point). You need to remember this! All I meant was, it is entirely possible that this game could be won or lost today - not that it would be!

And yes, as someone mentioned, if they do go for the kill today, it could very well work to our advantage - but you can't say that it will. Regardless, think of it this way, if you had the chance to finish a game one day earlier, you would not actively chase it, but if the situation arose where you were in a position to do so, you would - especially for Australia - they are fatigued as is, and would love nothing more than to have an extra rest day between now and the next test.

Game on! :)

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 01:30 AM

he means Ponting... if we don't go through with this game the others will quikly forget.... but inshallah if we win they will inshallah be extinct

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:31 AM
And that collapse is imminent ;)

BD spinners will play the music soon. Get ready for that ;)

I'll revist this by tea. If you are proven right by then, I make you a knight. I'll call you Sir Miraz from then on !

Also, I think playing music is not a bad suggestion. I think the entire Bangla team should take to music as they don't seem to be doing pretty well with cricket. :)

BappyHayat
April 12, 2006, 01:32 AM
Lets stay calm, still I believe we have a great chance to win the match

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 01:35 AM
bangladesh spinners r the key if we have any chances off win Go enamul and rafique

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:35 AM
I'll revist this by tea. If you are proven right by then, I make you a knight. I'll call you Sir Miraz from then on !

Also, I think playing music is not a bad suggestion. I think the entire Bangla team should take to music as they don't seem to be doing pretty well with cricket. :)

Well dear, Please revisit after tea and find out how the Aussie batsmen were plucked using the music of our spinners;)

They might want to forget cricket and join music permanently under the leadership of Lee;) He is a good musician :)

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:36 AM
aussie fan,
what is your honest opinion, who is gonna win and by how many runs/wikets?

protik
April 12, 2006, 01:36 AM
he means Ponting... if we don't go through with this game the others will quikly forget.... but inshallah if we win they will inshallah be extinct

it will be a pity if they forget even when we loose. it will only mean that they will think of us as minnows whatever we do. i don't quite understand why do we have to beat AUS to prove that we improved (that will be great btw :D )? isn't it quite evident?

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:37 AM
aussie fan,
what is your honest opinion, who is gonna win and by how many runs/wikets?

C'mon tiger, we r going to win and my quite a good margin.;)

roaring tigerz
April 12, 2006, 01:38 AM
It all boild down to this now. the equations simple. if our spinners persist and get some doubts in the aussie batsmen's mind we will win. 270 is still a long long way away. we will get our chance today. whether our boys have the nerve and self-belief to grab the opportunities is the more pertinent question.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:41 AM
COME ON BANGLADESH lets build up the atmosphere guys!!! COME ON BANGLADESH!!! COME ON BANGLADESH!!! COME ON BANGLADESH!!!

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:41 AM
So the game is beginning, InshAllah we will be winning friends, Watch and Enjoy.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:43 AM
Damn!! Bashar, should be more attcking

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:45 AM
hussey looks like he plays spin very well

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:45 AM
Now, its the very crucial time for BD. we need to pick two wickets in quick succession.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:48 AM
hussey looks like he plays spin very well

Nope, he has got some weakness against spin. He playes pace much better.

protik
April 12, 2006, 01:51 AM
rafiq 4 khaiche....doa koren shobai

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 01:52 AM
Look Like Bd Will Lose

Miraz
We need to stop these singles to create pressure on aussies.

bourny3
go bangladesh.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 01:53 AM
turning point was bashar's runout, if it weren't for that we could have got another 100+ more runs.we might just have lost it now

protik
Look Like Bd Will Lose

bhai apnar dristi to marattok, ekhoni dekte pacchen BD harbe, ekhono to 266 run baki!!

Miraz
Look Like Bd Will Lose

One bad over and u losing ur hope?

Don't be silly

Hasib
unless we take a wicket soon we are in deep trouble

protik
April 12, 2006, 01:57 AM
bristi hoyna keno????

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 01:58 AM
Oh my god!... We couldtnt even give a 350 target to Aussie!!.. Damn!.. Out tails are really toy when facing quality bowlers. ALl dream gone..!!

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 02:00 AM
Good testing over from Rafiq. Hed needs two to three more over like this and he will be straight on top of the aussies

Mr-Cricket
Haydos is struggling against the spinners - he's a bit hesitant.

truetruetiger
does anyone know whens our next test match, and against who?

cricket_pagol
let's not give up on our dream yet. There is still lots of cricket left.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 02:03 AM
Enamul is also right in his rhythm. They need to settle quickly and one wicket now. Pls c'mon boys get a wicket for us

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 02:03 AM
poor bangladesh.. this wont be even close liek Multan!!.. i m soooo disappointed!!

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:04 AM
does anyone know whens our next test match, and against who?
We may not be playing another one for another 12 months - it all depends on when India get their act together. Other than that, the Asia Test Championship is due to be played in January/Febuary next year.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:05 AM
no test for 12 months! how do icc expect us to improve then?

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:07 AM
haha, ball almost hit umpire!!

layperson
April 12, 2006, 02:08 AM
come on rafiq ... i still havent given up hope on our chances ..... we can do it ..... just bowl proper line and length nd keep things tight ... things r bound to happen ... aussies are aggressive players by nature nd if we can keep them tied up ... then they r bound to try sth diff ..... which will give us a chance to pick up sm wickets .....still hoping against hope ....

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 02:09 AM
It's been 20 overs now! comon Rafique and Enam give us some cheers!

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:09 AM
Four overthrows. Have you guys noticed - we havn't had one direct hit this whole game. Makes you wonder whether we practice fielding in training at all! I know I could do a better job out there.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:11 AM
Four overthrows. Have you guys noticed - we havn't had one direct hit this whole game. Makes you wonder whether we practice fielding in training at all! I know I could do a better job out there.

ash had a direct hit a few overs ago, but hussey was in by miles

protik
April 12, 2006, 02:12 AM

man, stop being silly...

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:13 AM
ash had a direct hit a few overs ago, but hussey was in by miles
I must sound silly then - forgive me, I went and prayed Asr for the sake of my team! :D

Still, we need to do more to stop these singles - they killed us in the first innings, they're killing us again this innings.

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:14 AM
man, stop being silly...
I'm actually a very good fielder - I'll have you know! :D

protik
April 12, 2006, 02:15 AM
I'm actually a very good fielder - I'll have you know! :D

hey, don't hit me with the ball .... :eek:

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 02:16 AM
so the match has just slipped out...oh boy...

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:17 AM
hey, don't hit me with the ball .... :eek:
Mate, do you guys even play Cricket in the US! ;)

pajicheleNY
April 12, 2006, 02:20 AM
Guys don't forget we're playing Australia the best side in the world, arguably one of the greatest of all time. The trademark of a great team is the ability to bounce back after shocking disaster or any dire situation and that's exactly what the aussies hve done in this game. There's no shame in losing to a great team like this rather there's lot of pride in the way our boys fought and dominated the first half of the game.

I just want to see our team fight till the end and not give up at any stage. Losing to this aussie side by innings has become almost acceptable standard these days even for a good side. So nothing can undermine our acheivement in this game. I'd not be dissapointed if we lose in a respectable way such as by 3/4 wickets as opposed to 6/7.
I just want our boys to play with grit and determination and nothing-to-lose attitude against their formidable opponent and take the game to a close finish. Our team is definitely headed in the right direction with the immense improvement they've shown in the previous few series as well as this one so far. If they keep up the good work and keep making progress
at this rate they'll earn lot of respect and admiration from cricket fans around the globe and do us proud. So don't lose hope. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Go Tigers.

roc
April 12, 2006, 02:20 AM
com on guys tell me what the f**k is wrong with dilmatv. i bought the package now they re not showing it.

Flip Master Mick
April 12, 2006, 02:21 AM
got out too early... i think the enthusiasm and the belief were lacking when we came out to field... but look at the bright side... we have pushed australia possible to the fifth day... that's pretty impressive in my book regardless of where we were at the end of day 2...

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:21 AM
Hussey played on again!

Game on!! :)

Sorry
April 12, 2006, 02:22 AM
finally breakthrough

thebest
hussey bite the dust. 9 to go

Bugz
Need to get ponting....

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 02:23 AM
Enam Strikes Finally!!

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:23 AM
ponting better get out. by the way, yeeeeees enamul!

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 02:24 AM
yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy....get a few more now...attack, bashar, attack! attack attack attack attack! let's go for the kill!!!!!

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 02:25 AM
OK, Enam got Hussy! great break through, well done.

truetruetiger
anyone know if ponting plays spin good, nver seen him before

gohail
Hussey played on again!

Game on!! :)

Mr. Cricket are you Imran? Is that you Imran?

pajicheleNY
April 12, 2006, 02:27 AM
anyone know if ponting plays spin good, nver seen him before

He is one of the best players of both spin and pace ive ever seen on any surface

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 02:27 AM
Ponting can't play rafique well, I know

thebest
April 12, 2006, 02:29 AM
Ponting is a poor player of spin. Look at his record in subcontinet

bourny3
April 12, 2006, 02:29 AM
Great enamul.

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 02:30 AM
australia are being REALLY cautious here, and playing REAL slow...it will be quite difficult for their batsmen to stay at the crease for long if they are scoring at this rate, especially with the pitch generating some turn for the bowlers. a loss of concentration for even a fraction of a second might make a huge difference; let's just hope it happens frequently.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:31 AM
australia are being REALLY cautious here, and playing REAL slow...it will be quite difficult for their batsmen to stay at the crease for long if they are scoring at this rate, especially with the pitch generating some turn for the bowlers. a loss of concentration for even a fraction of a second might make a huge difference; let's just hope it happens frequently.

ye but they got gilly and martyn down the line, who are quite fast. and dont forget clarke and warne. they also got very good tail end

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 02:32 AM
I saw Ponting struggling against Rafique in the last odi series in Australia

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:32 AM
Mr. Cricket are you Imran? Is that you Imran?
The names Ridwan - from Melbourne, Australia! And in case your wondering, I'm not an avid Michael Hussey fan as the name might allude to: but he is one hell of a player! Ricky Ponting does it for me though! That pull shot is orgasmic! ;)

Oh, and who's this 'Imran' you speak of? And what made you think I was him?

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:34 AM
ye but they got gilly and martyn down the line, who are quite fast. and dont forget clarke and warne. they also got very good tail end
Hayden, Hussey, Ponting, Clarke & Lee, among others, fell trying to defend in the first innings. Keep that in mind.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:35 AM
Hayden, Hussey, Ponting, Clarke & Lee, among others, fell trying to defend in the first innings. Keep that in mind.

ye i have bhai, i have

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 02:36 AM

yeah it's a long tail, but they'll be batting on a cracked pitch against the world's best sla duo.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:40 AM
is hayden eating? looks like he's chewing some bath

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 02:42 AM
the key now will be to keep on bowling tight and give nothing away, and surround the batsmen with a fleet of close-in fielders; wickets should come at ease as long as we don't throw anything loose.

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 02:42 AM
is hayden eating? looks like he's chewing some bath

chewing gum maybe?

roaring_tiger
April 12, 2006, 02:43 AM
too many easy singles...we need to dry up the runs

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 02:43 AM
comon Rafiq.. stike man.. u need to take few wickets today.. its a must if bd wanna win!!

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 02:46 AM
chewing gum maybe?

well its some big gum and he is chewing very hard - maybe he's nervous

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 02:46 AM
the key now will be to keep on bowling tight and give nothing away, and surround the batsmen with a fleet of close-in fielders; wickets should come at ease as long as we don't throw anything loose.

if u r watching have they surronded the batsmen?

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 02:47 AM
well its some big gum and he is chewing very hard - maybe he's nervous

well he always does that

gohail
April 12, 2006, 02:49 AM
The names Ridwan - from Melbourne, Australia! And in case your wondering, I'm not an avid Michael Hussey fan as the name might allude to: but he is one hell of a player! Ricky Ponting does it for me though! That pull shot is orgasmic! ;)

Oh, and who's this 'Imran' you speak of? And what made you think I was him?

I have a cousin in Melbourne about your age. I don't remember which uni he goes to. Perhaps you've met him at some bangali/muslim program.

pilot fan
April 12, 2006, 02:50 AM
remember aus anly playing 6 batsman 3 more wickets and they could collapse

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 02:51 AM
I have a cousin in Melbourne about your age. I don't remember which uni he goes to. Perhaps you've met him at some bangali/muslim program.
Come to think of it, I do know an Imran around my age. He goes to Monash University. He's friends with one of my good mates - Mehraz.

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 02:53 AM
if u r watching have they surronded the batsmen?

unfortunately, i'm not. however, if they don't, then i don't know what the heck they're playing test cricket for :)

gohail
April 12, 2006, 02:54 AM
Come to think of it, I do know an Imran around my age. He goes to Monash University. He's friends with one of my good mates - Mehraz.

Did he attend Mcgill in Canada this fall as exchange student? Does he have an older brother? tall sort of a fellow, 6feet at least

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 03:02 AM
ponting is smaking us

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 03:03 AM
215 more required...i sense this one slipping away...:(

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 03:03 AM
Did he attend Mcgill in Canada this fall as exchange student? Does he have an older brother? tall sort of a fellow, 6feet at least
No, and no! (He's got a younger sister!)

I don't think I know him! :confused:

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 03:04 AM
is enamul and rafique spinning it alot ?

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 03:04 AM
unfortunately, i'm not. however, if they don't, then i don't know what the heck they're playing test cricket for :)

they haven't surrounded the batsmen, but theirs a slip and silly point

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 03:05 AM
Good move. Shahadat back on. First correct decision Bashar has made all match! :D

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 03:05 AM
rajib brought back to the attack - i hope he doesn't get clobbered.

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 03:07 AM
shadat brought back in worng choice

Frost
April 12, 2006, 03:08 AM
Is there any help from the wicket?

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 03:08 AM
as i posted yesterday...Bashar's captaincy.. drained all the effort of BD players in the match into vain.. What a pathetic captain!!

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 03:09 AM
ponting is smaking us

You don't seem to be a tiger at all!!

wait man, our turn is coming.

BD_Ashraful
any link to the match

AsifTheManRahman
they haven't surrounded the batsmen, but theirs a slip and silly point

not even when ponting first came in? oh boy, that sucks!

BD_Ashraful
mashrafe should come on

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 03:10 AM
come on guys let's pray for a wicket

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 03:11 AM
any link to the match

try onlinemedia.in (dunno if it works though)

pilot fan
April 12, 2006, 03:12 AM
come on lets just try and push them as close as possible

pilot fan
April 12, 2006, 03:13 AM
bring mash back on

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 03:14 AM
I don't know what happened today. Everythings is going wrong for me. I laptop is sometimes hanging. I'm looking forward to get rid off this kufa......

roaring_tiger
April 12, 2006, 03:16 AM
ki bhai ...wicket pore na ken?... CI is not working ... whats happening?... where is the great australian dhosh..?

protik
April 12, 2006, 03:18 AM
any link to the match

try this ... very bad quality

http://www.freespaces.com/jaugga/crickBD/

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
This match will hurt out team most.. it will be a morale destroyer for our team... I dont know.. why I am still following the match !!!!!

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
the match started to go away from us, damn it

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 03:21 AM
Comon BD team .. give us someting to cheer about"!!!

bourny3
April 12, 2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah lets hope a wicket soon.

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 03:24 AM
<!--StartFragment --> Some one got to get some wicket! Comon Mash, Rajib, Rafiq and Enam what's going on??? What happened to those cracking pitch talk? How come these aussi are playing good partnership every time?

protik
April 12, 2006, 03:24 AM
the pitch seems to be very batting friendly now

bourny3
April 12, 2006, 03:25 AM
What is the rep and rep power the top of each post.

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 03:27 AM
<!--StartFragment --> Some one got to get some wicket! Comon Mash, Rajib, Rafiq and Enam what's going on??? What happened to those cracking pitch talk? How come these aussi are playing good partnership every time?
The pitch is giving us nothing. There are alot of cracks, but they havn't actually opened up as yet. If anything, this pitch is bouncing alot more today, then it did on the second day. And there is alot less variable bounce. It's really hard to fathom that a pitch can improve as the game wears on. But thats exactly what seems to be happening here! :confused:

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 03:28 AM
I guess, Rep is how many times your posts have been reported for violating the board rules ;)
And Rep power is your ability to catch someone violating the board rules and then you report them to the honorable moderators :lol:

Mohiul
the momentum is not going with us now, why??????

madash
we need Allah......our only hope.......guys please pray from the bottom of your hearts

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 03:29 AM
we badly need a couple of wickets

reyme
well the game is over. 8 wkts victory in the cards.

bourny3
hahaha good one baundule

pilot fan
lets fight till the very end

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 03:30 AM
Lets not just put this as an improving pitch condition. I rather would say.. its the Batsman who are making maximum use of their calibre. They are actually applying themselves hard unline 1st innings. And. at this very momemnt... Unfortunately. BD bowlers have nothing to misguide Aussies... They will simply roll over us soon.

kaisermatin
woke up in the middle of night to see this! going back to sleep...

Mr-Cricket
I guess, Rep is how many times your posts have been reported for violating the board rules ;)
And Rep power is your ability to catch someone violating the board rules and then you report them to the honorable moderators :lol:
My 'Rep' was 10, and my 'Rep Power' was 1. But its gone down to 8 and 0! What did I do wrong?! :confused:

pagla bowler
April 12, 2006, 03:32 AM
i think we have to be patient for the time being and so our bowler; tighten the screws and get them fastrated; and wish for a loose shot; commmon tigers this is a great match already

pilot fan
April 12, 2006, 03:33 AM
i think we have to be patient for the time being and so our bowler; tighten the screws and get them fastrated; and wish fee what or a loose shot; commmon tigers this is a great match already

yes just hang in there no easy runs and we will see what happens

tas
April 12, 2006, 03:37 AM
Aussies are cruising
I think we're done for

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 03:39 AM
we lost 5 wicktes for 3 runs, i dont care what anyone says. we deserve to loose this match. Doing good on day 1 and 2 counts for peanuts when you cant play day 4 and day 5.

Well done Aussies you came back fighthing. It hurts to say but we lost.

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 03:42 AM
noting to cheer about, come on BD, give us something to cheer

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 03:45 AM
Well done Aussies you came back fighthing. It hurts to say but we lost.
I'm sorry, but with an attitude like that, we'll get nowhere. You can see on our players faces that alot of them think as you do. Yes, its not looking good, but we still have 193 runs up our sleeves - thats no small thing. It'd be great if some of you could reserve your judgements until this game is well and trully over. Theres still a long way to go - anything could happen. That said, it isn't looking good at this stage: these two appear to be set and it for the long haul.

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 03:48 AM
i think we have to be patient for the time being and so our bowler; tighten the screws and get them fastrated; and wish for a loose shot; commmon tigers this is a great match already
<!--StartFragment --> They are making sure they will win, but in a slow pace, so that they don't have to lose or draw the match, since they almost have 1.5 days in hand.

They will not be fastrated doing that unlike us ( BD ).

i_1_primeval_man
April 12, 2006, 03:49 AM
these batsmen are not worrying about runs...they know that they have plenty of time in their hand....i only wish if BD could have batted till tea regardless of how many runs they piled up,then the whole scenario would have been different...Aus had to hurry in chasing the target...and Bashar is responsible for that...

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 03:49 AM
Aussies are cruising
I think we're done for

u can say that again

Shaan
April 12, 2006, 03:50 AM
Sad to see the morning collapse of our team, don't find any consolation to say myself that we learnt lesson over time.. its same mistake over and over again.. 2nd innings collpse seems gettind kina trade mark for this team..pathetic

Don't see any hope to hold this game in our side.. Ponting and Hayden is looking forward to take the gave on their side of the river:mad:

bop
April 12, 2006, 03:51 AM
May be in this Aussie innings our player can learn that you don’t need 5 run per over to win a test. The test was over yesterday when Nafis started swinging his bat left and right without thinking.

Shaan
April 12, 2006, 03:54 AM
May be in this Aussie innings our player can learn that you don’t need 5 run per over to win a test. The test was over yesterday when Nafis started swinging his bat left and right without thinking.

Cause Nafis forgot that he is in test squad morover the team is Australia

pilot fan
April 12, 2006, 03:55 AM
for god sake why do we moan so much, we have compeated with the best side in the world over 4 days so far, if u look at the aus run rate that shows that we are bowling well, if we do this against the best side think what we can achive against the west indies and new zealand

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 04:00 AM
we have to get them all out for 193, no point trying to chase a draw. they have too much time. i think its unlikely that we can. but lets see

bop
for god sake why do we moan so much, we have compeated with the best side in the world over 4 days so far, if u look at the aus run rate that shows that we are bowling well, if we do this against the best side think what we can achive against the west indies and new zealand

That’s because the notion “Participating in the game is more important than winning” is over. We have been playing cricket for 5 years. Player like Ash may be 21 but they have been playing international cricket for 4 years. We had them, had them hard, but it is only our irresponsible batting got us here. There is no excuse to loose 5 wickets yesterday when we were at the top of the game.

Shaan

Bhaire shade ki ar public chilla chilli kore,, moner dukkhe:-(( etho valo shurur por.. seshta ektu dekhe khelle nischit harleo dukkho hoyna...

Australia is playing test that what they are proving here, they are not in a mood to play rush game:mad:

AGC
April 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
It's easy to complain, but who thought we would compete against Australia! Most of us thought it would be an innings defeat and we actually had a first innings lead against the best side in the world! We are improving and that's a fact. We should be happy about our excellent first innings.

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
My 'Rep' was 10, and my 'Rep Power' was 1. But its gone down to 8 and 0! What did I do wrong?! :confused:

It seems, two of the raporters have withdrawn their compalins against you and the moderators decided that the single complain you made is not valuable enough to be counted.

Anyway, we still dont knw if having good numbers as Rep and Rep power do actually mean something good or bad. So, just have patience...

tiger_man
April 12, 2006, 04:05 AM
May be in this Aussie innings our player can learn that you don’t need 5 run per over to win a test..

the thing is our players had 42 test matches to learn from....out of which they lost 24 by innings....

teaching our players how to win is like teaching einstein's theory of relativity to kindergarten kids....

we are hopeless...lets face it...hopelessness is in our blood.....cant do anything about it.....nd there is no excuse for it......we are **** in this game and any game invented by mankind.....poverty, lack of infrastructure, are all bogus excuses for loosers.....

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 04:06 AM
It's easy to complain, but who thought we would compete against Australia! Most of us thought it would be an innings defeat and we actually had a first innings lead against the best side in the world! We are improving and that's a fact. We should be happy about our excellent first innings.
yeah but remeber, 1st innings will never win us a match.

we scored over 400 vs India, over 300 vs England and over 300 vs Sri lanka.

all in 1st innings, but we still lost becuase we collapsed in 2nd innings.

This isnt much improvement if you ask me, becuase we played against the best sides in the world and i agree we can compete but not enough.

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 04:06 AM
test cricket is a great test of characters. I see no reason to give up hope. The progress in the game is not linear and one wicket or two will open the floodgates. Just have patience and see. Even if we are losing, I am not complaining about anything. I just want them continuing the same spirit thoughout the series.

tiger_man
April 12, 2006, 04:09 AM
moorukge shalara......someone here a while back said it rite....doing good in day 1 and 2 counts for sh!t.....

goru
April 12, 2006, 04:09 AM
I'm only hoping we at least get some wickets here even if we lose... because a 9-8 wicket defeat does no justice to our excellent 1st innings. 4 wickets or less I'd feel good about.

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 04:10 AM
come on BD, get'em

roaring_tiger
April 12, 2006, 04:11 AM
nah ..hoilo na...
jei team er captain runnite gia aishami kore... oi team re dia kemne hobe...???

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 04:13 AM
we are hopeless...lets face it...hopelessness is in our blood.....cant do anything about it.....nd there is no excuse for it......we are **** in this game and any game invented by mankind.....poverty, lack of infrastructure, are all bogus excuses for loosers.....
Oh cheer up! It's not all that bad! We'll get there...eventually! :rolleyes:

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:14 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=605 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>44.1</TD><TD>Enamul Haque to Hayden, 4 byes, flighted ball outside off stump into the rough, batsman shoulders arms and keeper misses as well, ball runs away to the fence </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
and then another 444444444!!!!

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 04:14 AM
we have lost...unless we can cause antother callopse like we did in their 1st innings...if we can do that inshallah we will win

Fortuner
April 12, 2006, 04:18 AM
After 350 below trget....i was sure...aus will win...even if it was 400 i wld still say aus wld win..but if it was only 450......the match wld be draw...and less likely bd win...

nywaazzz
we r gonna loose this match..no doubt bout it..i can put my money on this.....

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:18 AM
we have lost...unless we can cause antother callopse like we did in their 1st innings...if we can do that inshallah we will win
Yeah, the key is couple of quick wicket. Lets hope for the best. Win or lose doesnt matter, we already win this test in a sense.

Fortuner
April 12, 2006, 04:19 AM
was that pulb lbw....mashrafee to hyden????????????????

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:20 AM
45.4 Mortaza to Hayden, no run, pitched on line and came back, rapped on the pads of Hayden, big appeal, was going down the leg

Looks like a close call after a long time?

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 04:20 AM
was that pulb lbw....mashrafee to hyden????????????????

down legstump

Fortuner
April 12, 2006, 04:21 AM
was hyden out....actaully.....

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 04:23 AM
45.4 Mortaza to Hayden, no run, pitched on line and came back, rapped on the pads of Hayden, big appeal, was going down the leg

Looks like a close call after a long time?
Yeh, it was a good ball. But it pitched just on leg stump, then hit his pad on leg stump aswell. It was abit like how he got out in the first innings, but it wasn't close enough to give. At least Masri knows where he should be bowling now (and if he doesn't by now, then he never will).

bop
It’s not that we are mad at our player and want to bash them, it is just we are so frustrated. Yes we support them, but I guess BC is the only place where we can share our frustration with others who understand the pain.

Fortuner
hyden...will score a ton...for sure....he is well set..and is keepin on attacking....

istiak
don't you ppl think we did enough in this match?

Fortuner
April 12, 2006, 04:24 AM
think bd will loose by 9wkts....hope we loose by 5wkts...dats better...

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 04:25 AM

Nope..not at all.. We played below par in last two days..and add bashar's stupidity onto it.. Not at all satisfied... Where there is a kill.. u should go for it.. not.. become vegatarish:mad:

istiak
April 12, 2006, 04:26 AM
think bd will loose by 9wkts....hope we loose by 5wkts...dats better...

I hope they will loose few more wkts and i am happy!! Man Aus is the best team and we managed to make them scared thats a big achivement.

Fortuner
mashrafee is bowling good but i think ponting wont be out...he is defending watchfully...****..i dnt want poting to score ton...if he does....he is more confident to do well in 2nd test match...

Mashrafee get the wicket of ponting..dont let him score 50.....Inshallah ponting will be out.......

pilot fan
come on lets get back in the game

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 04:27 AM
Not by a long way. The opposition is Australia, but when you have them staring down the barrel at 93/6, and eventually finish with a first innings lead of 157 runs, then you need to do a lot more to not only hang in there, but to really assert yourself. We didn't do that today.

istiak
April 12, 2006, 04:28 AM
Nope..not at all.. We played below par in last two days..and add bashar's stupidity onto it.. Not at all satisfied... Where there is a kill.. u should go for it.. not.. become vegatarish:mad:

Same goes to Aus........they played below par in the first two days as well. Sorry don't put me as a Aus supporter......I would love to see BD doing well man.

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:28 AM
Yeh, it was a good ball. But it pitched just on leg stump, then hit his pad on leg stump aswell. It was abit like how he got out in the first innings, but it wasn't close enough to give. At least Masri knows where he should be bowling now (and if he doesn't by now, then he never will).
Hope he get couple of wicket today, and lead us to some joy.

battye
April 12, 2006, 04:30 AM
Unfortunately, 148 just wasn't enough. Aussies should cruise home from here.. very worried in the first couple of days though!

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:32 AM
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #c5dbf3 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scomm>48.5 Haque to Hayden, 1 run, tossed up, Hayden drives it to extra cover, takes a quick single, Bashar was bit sloppy out there! </TD></TR><TR><TD class=scomm>48.5 Haque to Hayden, no ball, FOUR!!, tossed up, Hayden comes down the track and smashes it to long off boundary, superb use of the feet!! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
SLOOPY! That's great!

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 04:32 AM
well.. i m sure .. they arent still satisfied with their improved performance even now.. and wont be even if they win by 9 wkt. They know their standard and they will be dissapointed with their performance in this test match. But.. on the contrary.. u want us to be happy what happen so far!... thats poor attitude man. Sorry to be bit direct.. i hope.. it doesnt offend u. But.. taking satisfaction of what bd team had done so far.. is not what i would look for when.. a much better effort could be given and we could actually bag this test match. As i said before.. Even we are very minnow of test cricket.. but.. when ther eis a kill to make.. we shoudl be ready to do that and failing to do that.. cant be any reason for satisfaction.

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 04:33 AM
Haydos is murdering us here. He really is.

Fortuner
April 12, 2006, 04:34 AM
i am off here...
aus will win this match by 9wkts.....no doubt...bd lst it..due to bashar's that run out.......seeee ya all in next test match...and i hope aftab is dropped.....

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 04:34 AM
May be we r not winning the match. I am quite surprised about the nature of the wicket today. Suprisingly Flat.

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 04:35 AM

Well, it is past tea...The collapse has not happened yet. I am deprived of the opportunity to knight you !

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 04:37 AM
at last they come back with a bang like the champion they really are

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 04:37 AM
Wicket is firm, no dust and spinners are not getting turn and bounce? Same happened in Multan!!

Now, is it wicket or our bowlers below par performance?

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 04:39 AM
Well, Bangladesh was actrually riding one one good performance, and that was Shahriar's 138 in the first innings. Bashars almost always scored wll and his 70+ was nothing unusual. What really made a difference was that 138. That put the Ausasies under pressure and they had a partial batting collapse too under pressure. Bat all that is behind Athe Aussies now. So

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:40 AM
well.. i m sure .. they arent still satisfied with their improved performance even now.. and wont be even if they win by 9 wkt. They know their standard and they will be dissapointed with their performance in this test match. But.. on the contrary.. u want us to be happy what happen so far!... thats poor attitude man. Sorry to be bit direct.. i hope.. it doesnt offend u. But.. taking satisfaction of what bd team had done so far.. is not what i would look for when.. a much better effort could be given and we could actually bag this test match. As i said before.. Even we are very minnow of test cricket.. but.. when ther eis a kill to make.. we shoudl be ready to do that and failing to do that.. cant be any reason for satisfaction.
Well, no one will be satisfied if we lose by 9 wicket, I dont mind if we lose by 4 or 5 wicket. So wait the game is not over yet.

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 04:45 AM
I'm very dissappointed. The way our players dominated the match first two days and then the aussies come back like a champion but there is no sign to recapture the hold

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 04:54 AM
One and half hour left for today, we badly need couple of wicket to have some cheer. Cmon.....

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 04:56 AM
I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight - I'm too depressed.

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 05:01 AM
very worrying situation,

Bengali_bradman
April 12, 2006, 05:01 AM
No matter how good the batsman is, all that it will take is a good shooter. There will be a few of those on the last day :)
Didn't we underestimate the Aussies too much!! ... They should have been given at most 4 session left for chase ... Then they would have been in more trouble ...go for win?or save the match? ... These type of double-hearted situation is useful in test cricket

Navarene
April 12, 2006, 05:02 AM
Remember the shout and enthusiasm of our fielders in the middle when aussie were batting in their first innings? Pilot and Ash were constantly cheering for the bowlers. Where have those body language gone? Arrgh!

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 05:04 AM
why bashar is not trying options like ash and aftab. there is nothing to do. then why not try some other option?

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 05:05 AM
I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight - I'm too depressed.

Man. i m just too angry over this situation.. I am just so much pissed off Bashr for his stupidest decision on 2nd day.. I feel lke to kill him. I dont think.. I will be ever happy with Bashar anymore after this test.. even he score a double hundred in a match!!.. Bashar is now on my hatelist.. and he just topped JO. I would rather like JO then Bashar...:mad:

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 05:06 AM
bowl aftab

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 05:07 AM
When is the collapse coming

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 05:08 AM
why bashar is not trying options like ash and aftab. there is nothing to do. then why not try some other option?

He is incpable to thinking anyting diffent. He can only smile and be vegetarish. He is such a shame!!

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 05:09 AM
*sigh* to think if we didnt have em at 93/6 we cud have drawn this

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 05:09 AM

last time he did the fans moaned...AND the part timers got flogged

nightwatchman
April 12, 2006, 05:10 AM
dont have a killer bowler ..
same old story different day..atleast we took the match to 4th day
Ashraful ar masud ke kaan dhorey futullah stadium e dara korano uchit..

Yameen
April 12, 2006, 05:13 AM
no point in blamin bashar, our boys did very well, excellent in fact, against a team like australia they guys shud be proud of themselves. atleast theres still time left to get few more wickets

nightwatchman
April 12, 2006, 05:13 AM
bashar er collar uchu hoisey....khela shesh...
Bashar is incapable of thinking in tight situation

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 05:14 AM
still waiting for a break through, come on BD

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 05:15 AM
14 from rajibs over

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 05:15 AM
put never-say-die attitude, come on BD

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 05:16 AM
oh well...another test match lost

nightwatchman
April 12, 2006, 05:16 AM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post295102 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Yameen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=594) <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/statusicon/user_online.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_295102", true); </SCRIPT>
Club Cricketer
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_295102><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->no point in blamin bashar, our boys did very well, excellent in fact, against a team like australia they guys shud be proud of themselves. atleast theres still time left to get few more wickets
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
amar sonar bangla...YEH RIGHT!
<!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
-----you guys started thinking like Basahar..loosing attitude with consolation prize

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 05:20 AM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post295102 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Yameen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=594) <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/statusicon/user_online.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_295102", true); </SCRIPT>
Club Cricketer

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_295102><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->no point in blamin bashar, our boys did very well, excellent in fact, against a team like australia they guys shud be proud of themselves. atleast theres still time left to get few more wickets
<!-- / sig -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
-----you guys started thinking like Basahar..loosing attitude with consolation prize

Yap...agreed!.. old pathtic player.

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 05:21 AM
Club Cricketer

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

<!-- / sig -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am not very harsh; but in international matches, you can not repeat same mistakes again and again. I am still hopeful about winning; but if lost, as aftermath Basher certainly has some responsibility to take: praise for the first innings batting (even with the ugly way of his getting out just before tea), hate for his stupid run out and for his inability to think differently when nothing is going right.

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 05:27 AM
Bashar seems incapable of thinking outside the square. He goes for tried and tested methods time after time, and the only time he is prepared to go for a risk is the the over before a break - e.g. bringing on Ashraful for the last over of the second day - thereby giving Gilchrist 11 runs. He should be doing more to stop these unnecessary singles, he should be doing more to lift the spirits of our players. He must experiment more with his bowling line-up.

I find it hard to believe that our fast bowlers arn't even experimenting going around the wicket to the left handed batsman. Gilchrist has been out cheaply to deliveries bowled around the wicket, outside off stump for the last 12 months, and yet no one has adopted this strategy! I mean at the very least give it a shot - if it doesn't work out - at least you tried! Another worry is that our fielders arn't backing up - they arn't walking in with the bowler, and are often caught napping when guys like Hayden nudge one through for a quick single.

And this may sound trivial, but one crucial mistake no one has picked up on, but the commentators are mentioning from time to time - our slips cordon throughout this match has been standing at least 1-2 metres too deep, and on the odd occasion someone edges one through, it falls short of the fielder. Its inexcusible, and he should have realised after initially batting on this pitch for several hours that there was not need to stand soo deep in the slips cordon. At one stage, and I kid you not, Harsha Bogle said "He has a great view from there, doesn't he?"

How are all these things going unnoticed? :eek:

I can't believe they gave Haydo's out just then! That was way too close to call. :)

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2006, 05:33 AM
don't tell me bashar doesn't have an attacking field now that a wicket has fallen.

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 05:36 AM
Ok, 8 wicket left.

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 05:37 AM
out hayden

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 05:38 AM
too little.. too less ..Pathetic!!

nightwatchman
April 12, 2006, 05:40 AM
finally an attacking field

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 05:43 AM
Dont give up enamul and rafique could get wickets aim to get aus 3 or 4 for 210 at stumps.

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 05:43 AM
Plus Shadat is getting stacks of reverse

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 05:44 AM
Bashar seems incapable of thinking outside the square. He goes for tried and tested methods time after time, and the only time he is prepared to go for a risk is the the over before a break - e.g. bringing on Ashraful for the last over of the second day - thereby giving Gilchrist 11 runs. He should be doing more to stop these unnecessary singles, he should be doing more to lift the spirits of our players. He must experiment more with his bowling line-up.

I find it hard to believe that our fast bowlers arn't even experimenting going around the wicket to the left handed batsman. Gilchrist has been out to deliveries bowled around the wicket, outside off stump for the last 12 months, and yet no one has adopted this strategy! I mean at the very least give it a shot - if it doesn't work out - at least you tried! Another worry is that our fielders arn't backing up - they arn't walking in with the bowler, and are often caught napping when guys like Hayden nudge one through for a quick single.
More or less, I agree with you. Today only four bowlers he tried, there is nothing wrong to try with Aftab, but he is not doing till now. Some time he really seems like lack of variation or thought.

Dhurr
April 12, 2006, 05:47 AM
dhurr! kochur khela!

BD_Ashraful
April 12, 2006, 05:47 AM
Let Aftab bowl he could pick up a couple of wickets

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 05:49 AM
It's too bad Rafique is not getting wicket! Come on Rafique!!!!!!!!!

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 05:49 AM
ouuuuuuuuuuuuut hayden gone

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 05:50 AM
Bashar hardly knows how to captain a test side and unfortunately we have no one else to give the duty

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 05:50 AM
we need 1 more if not 2, before end of todays play.

Ejaj
April 12, 2006, 05:54 AM
Bashar hardly knows how to captain a test side and unfortunately we have no one else to give the duty

Give this responsibilty to SN.. although very young and very raw.. i m sure. he will be a much better attacking player with guts than Bash. We should realyl stop continueing this senior junior concept in cricket and take what is better .

Mohiul
April 12, 2006, 05:55 AM
we need 1 more if not 2, before end of todays play.

at least four

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 05:56 AM
at least four

would be ideal and set for a thrilling last day.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 05:57 AM
colllapse!!! lets pray for a big collapse!!

6alltheway
come on martyn gone, 183/3

PoorFan
Gone!!!!!!!

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 05:58 AM
martyn bowled by rafique

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 05:58 AM
Marto bowled! Great ball by Rafique! Carbon copy of Enamul's delivery to Clarke. :D

Comon fellas, just what we needed! Long way to go yet, but at least my mood isn't as glum now as it was 20 minutes ago. ;)

taposhbhai
April 12, 2006, 05:59 AM
oh finally!!!!!!

PoorFan
Rafique to Martyn, out Bowled!! flighted delivery, Martyn goes on the backfoot and tries to defend it, ball spins a bit and rocks the off stump, great delivery!! D Martyn b M Rafique 7(18) 4s-0 6s-0

Yes! at last Rafique got one, keep it up man!!!!!!!!

AsifTheManRahman
good to see that we are getting wickets so late in the day. two/three more today, and we drive. should be difficult, though.

Baundule
April 12, 2006, 06:00 AM
That is the beginning of the end for the Australians!!
Kepp the pressure on! Rafique is the man!!

Mr-Cricket
April 12, 2006, 06:01 AM
That is the beginning of the end for the Australians!!
Kepp the pressure on! Rafique is the man!!
Keep a lid on it mate - they're still well on top. Pray for a miracle! :)

AsifTheManRahman
besides, you never know what can happen on a fifth day pitch ;)

istiak
When Hyden and Ponting bats lots of captains loose their thinking!! I got some problem with Basher's batting but he did nothing wrong with captaincy!! Look Martyn goes!!

Dhurr
April 12, 2006, 06:02 AM
is Martin out?

AsifTheManRahman
btw, anyone watching the game - is bashar attacking the new batsman? does he have him surrounded? if not, then i say we sack him from captaincy.

taposhbhai
good to see that we are getting wickets so late in the day. two/three more today, and we drive. should be difficult, though.
go to bed :mad: