PDA

View Full Version : 500 !! Impossible ??

limon
April 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
After 1st day play, BD reached 355/5. another 5 wks in Hand.
Khaled Mashud and Rajin on the crease. Rafiq, Mas is still to bat.
then is it impossible to add another 145 runs ??

Fahim
April 9, 2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by limon
then is it impossible to add another 145 runs ??

InshAllah

Spitfire_x86
April 9, 2006, 12:16 PM
If Rafiue and Pilot can pull off another St. Lucia, then it's not impossible at all :)

capslock
April 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
Not impossible, more like highly unlikely, I would honestly be happy with another session of batting and 50 odd runs.

syedmahm
April 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
well, we just need one or two good partnership.

mildwind
Not impossible. Given that among Rajin, pilot, Rafique, Mash, one has to take lead and rest has to help him with whatever they can.

Ehsan
I will be very happy with 400.

Mav
April 9, 2006, 12:30 PM
I want to see that. 500.

anakwalajinn
April 9, 2006, 12:33 PM
It would be very sad if Rajin got out in the morning..
He has been holding out 30 from 100 balls and he really deserves to do it well for his country! :joy:

sunny747
April 9, 2006, 12:36 PM
Bangladesh will score atleast 540 tomorrow.....i'm really optimistic abt it.........

ialbd
April 9, 2006, 12:39 PM
Rajin is playin gr8, he is calm and composed and not trying to impress the crowd with boundaries......

Amar mone hoy, khela theke jodi 4 & 6 baad kore dito, Bangladesh aro beshi run korte parto.....;)

But doa koren, so that the Aussies dont score 500 !!!
________
VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

Rubu
April 9, 2006, 12:39 PM
I think they should simply focus on 2 sessions as our target. even if that brings in 50 odd runs, its all good, but they need to stay in there as long as possible.

cricketboy
April 9, 2006, 12:41 PM
450 would be awesome!!! :joy:

Sauron
April 9, 2006, 12:44 PM
The way Rajin and Pilot were playing, I think this partnership has century written over it. And if Rajin lasts a couple of sessions, 500 is possible.

Duck
April 9, 2006, 12:44 PM
Stop Dreamimg about 500 or so..........Dream that we can hold to our senses!!! :mad:

Whatever the run comes, is good.

bhobishshot
April 9, 2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
If Rafiue and Pilot can pull off another St. Lucia, then it's not impossible at all :)

If they pull off another St. Lucia, the total will be arround 600. Another St. lucia means that they would each score a century, and the supporting cast would score another 40/50 runs.

I would be happy if we can bat another two sessions, regardless of the score.

cricketboy
April 9, 2006, 12:49 PM
2nd innings will be more imp than scoring 500. ;)

thasan
April 9, 2006, 12:52 PM
450 would be great !! i believe its a realistic target if they can see off the new ball :)

ialbd
April 9, 2006, 12:52 PM
one more thought,

even 500 will seem too little if your opponent is Austraila (and they are capable of scoring 500 in ODI !!!), so unless you over power your opponent (and wrap up the match with an innings victory in 3 days) the only other way to win a test is by taking the game to the 5th day and setting a target of 300+ for ur opponents.

So its not the runs that matters, its all about playing the entire 5 days......
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)

Locutus
April 9, 2006, 12:57 PM
Could happen and will happen if they play responsibly.

zakirc
April 9, 2006, 01:00 PM
There is no logical reason for Bangladesh Not to make 500 .... all previous instances where they collapsed suddenly were beyond logic. Lets hope they have come past those days. They certainly did improve a lot ..... but the magnitude of "A LOT" is yet to be seen.

I personally would put more importance on playing 2 full sessions tomorrow than getting 500. Of course, even with half of todays scoring rate they reach close to 500 in 2 sessions anyway :D :lol:

cricket_pagla
April 9, 2006, 01:10 PM
:cool: wat if.. BD get dat 500 n send Aussies in 2 folow 1 ;)

rafiq
April 9, 2006, 01:34 PM
My bet is all out in the 430-440 by lunch. You really needed Rajin and Aftab to see off the second new ball, and Aftab's demise just before stumps may have killed the march to 500. Pilot hasn't been in great batting form lately, Rajin may get a 50 and then persish, so it will have to be some slogging by Rafique and and a lower order onslaught by Mashrafee to even get that far. Also expect the Aussies to tighten up the bowling more tomorrow.

Having said that, the goal should be Tea and 500+, requiring us to negotiate the new ball with caution, watch for any increase in turn, and continue attacking the bad balls.

Bancan
April 9, 2006, 01:38 PM
InsaAllah.We can do it and even score more than 500,InsaAllah we are gonna do it.

Edited on, April 9, 2006, 6:39 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: All caps removed.

ottawaGuy
April 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
Gawd! when will you folks ever learn!!! *sighs* :head:
this is the exact replica of that very first test BD played against India.
I remember Ppl chanting similar tunes of 500s even back then at 2000. And what dijjya get out of it all? I'm not suggesting this BD team is anything like the older one, infact ya'l know better that we've made a world of progresses since then.

Its six years since 2000 and the BD team has finally gotten over all the frustrations related to their expectations. I quote directly from bashar -"We have nothing to lose". Indeed we don't. But i'm observing worrying signs of the past repeating itself.

After that magical first innings of 400 in naimurs BD side, folks wouldn't settle for JUST A DRAW. Hence our outwitted former captain decided to go for more and cause a second innings collapse which accumilated just a mere 90s. All i'm saying is, you want a 500 right now, not long from now, you'd push for a win. Face it folks, we're still talking about a # 10 ranked BD side playing against the Aussies. A win would not acheive as much as the damage a loss might cause at this level. Expectations lead great potentials to go to waste. We've seen it in the form of alok, hannan, sharif, al shahriar, mehrab hossain just a few to name in that long list. Don't trigger another collapse in the spirit of the team and make us wait six more years in an unending loop of failures. Be prepared for BD ending with 360 in the first innings and a 200 in the next one. Even a series of 200s in the rest of the series for that matter of fact. Its those tiny baby steps that drives us forward. As far as i'm concerned, bangladesh already made its mark for this series already. I expect nothing more.

p.s: I only registered for banglacricket so i could talk some sence into the millions who expect us to do the unexpected. expect nothing, that way if you do get something, you'l be happy.

Ahmed_B
April 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
Here's how to go for it:

1) Play like a fresh new day of match. Forget what happened yesterday.

2)Rajin & Pilot- start like openers of an innings, since new ball will be taken and the day will start with Lee+Gillespie

3)Put up an (imaginary) opening-partnarship of 70-80 runs and leave the rest to the Rafiq/Mash/Enamul/Shahadat

4)Set the target to 150 for 5 wickets... but the good thing is that they got all day to score it if they need.

5) If Rafiq & Mash can score 30 odd runs each... then reaching 500 is pretty much possible

Shakalaka
April 9, 2006, 02:15 PM
Just play the normal game. Rajin should aim for a century. he can take as much time needed. Pilot should provide help to rajin. Stay on the vrease; avoid playing bad shots.

Then rafiq comes in and play a smart 30's. Masrafe comes in and balster for a quick 30 again. and the two tailanders combine for 20 runs. We should be good for a 500.

Howevre, We shouldnt worry about a score here. Our main objective should be to stay at the crease as long possible. Runs will follow everntually.

shamster
April 9, 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by limon
then is it impossible to add another 145 runs ?? I do not think it is impossible.

We have Rajin/Masud at the crease 2 very gritty determined batsmen, they won't give away thier wicket by going for big runs... they gather the ones and twos build a partnership inshallah worth 70 odd and then we can have mashrafe and Rafique have a go at getting the rest. Poor Shahadat and Enamul they get a say. You know if Masud or Rajin were to get out early I would have Shahadat come in ahead of Masharfe and Rafique. Shahadat very good defensively I have seen him. Long legs good use of feet. hmmm a thought which prob wont happen.

sar2005
April 9, 2006, 03:54 PM
Actually, if our remaining players play sensible and don't throw asway their wickets, I believe, it is quite normal to get 500 from here.

Let's hope any of Rajin or Pilot play till the end of our innings so that all other players (specially rafiq and murtuza) can make some valuable partnership to hit that milestone.

By the way, Macgill and Gillespie are to wathc. They are really bowling well.

Miraz
April 9, 2006, 03:57 PM
There is every possibility to reach 500+ score. Just we need to keep our head cool. Not over excited what we have done today. Rajin, Masud, Rafiq, mashrafee all are capable and ost iporftantly can play spin well. What we need is just to see the new ball tommorrow.

ottawaGuy
April 9, 2006, 04:02 PM
You know.. BD has had an outstanding reputation when it comes to getting high scores only to give the oppurtunity away in the blink of an eye. 10 bucks sayz they'l all get out tomorrow morning in the first session under 400 =P .....for once i truly hope i lose the bet

Don't blame me, some1s got2 look at the pesimistic side.

aosaif
April 9, 2006, 04:03 PM
450 would be extremely satisfactory.
400 would be good.....but i'd be left with that "wanting" feeling of not finishing off something that was started right.

500.....people should really really really not mention this.

Expectations are good. Inflated Expectations are not expectation anymore.

aosaif
April 9, 2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ottawaGuy
You know.. BD has had an outstanding reputation when it comes to getting high scores only to give the oppurtunity away in the blink of an eye. 10 bucks sayz they'l all get out tomorrow morning in the first session under 400 =P .....for once i truly hope i lose the bet

Don't blame me, some1s got2 look at the pesimistic side.

entirely possible.....some might even say likely

Baundule
April 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
I have a thought....how about bringing in Javed for seeing off the new balls in the morning? ;)

500 is a tough target yet. If everything goes right we can even score 600; but i am still afraid of expecting much from our batsmen. It won't surprise me if they fail even to make a negligible 400.

As many of us have already mentioned, i support the idea of being positive and playing sensible cricket: dont take unnecessary risk and dont get afraid of hitting bad deliveries. Surviving till the tea should be the target, a very tough target; but not impossible.

ottawaGuy
April 9, 2006, 04:15 PM
" negligible 400"[/B] quoted, Baundule

well said brother, I had never thought i'd live to see the day when I would hear that said about BD, and that even against *AUSTRALIA*. And yet today, on the 9th of april(10th in other places =P) its common knowledge that 400 is as low as we can get. Makes me feel a lil bit proud'er'ish

sayem
April 9, 2006, 04:51 PM
Hypotheticaly BD can reach 500+ but personally believe BD will add around 50 more runs to score around 400 runs. some thing really to be proud of.

kaisermatin
April 9, 2006, 07:28 PM
500 is very possible. Jodi laggiya jai. Rajin/Rafique/Masud/Mashrafe holds the key.
But hey have to play full three session.

I pray for the first 500 and up for TEAM BANGLADESH.:flag: