PDA

View Full Version : Could this turn out to be the biggest upset in the history of Cricket?

ekatturerBangalee
April 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
Man, what a game!!!!

I was up all night watching the game on DilmaTV.
Just woke up and now it feels like a sweet dream.

Yes, there were some bad shots but all the BD players played with conviction.

Could this be the biggest upset in the making?

Could Rajin, Masud, Rafiq and Mortoza add another 150 runs?

Could we manage to contain Aussies within 350?

Could we make 300+ in 2nd innings?

Could we finish up Aussies before they reach the target?

Folks don't laught at me. WE have nothing to lose but now there is a possibility that we may win the game. :fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

Edited on, April 9, 2006, 5:22 PM GMT, by ekatturerBangalee.

Duck
April 9, 2006, 12:29 PM
You are good at math. Oh, and also in sweet-dreaming!!

Dont be carried away mate..........Dont push your fragile neurons too much!

Just dream that BD doesnt carried away! I wish BD will play sensibly and stick to the very basic things: Bat sensibly as far as they can, bowl in a good length, and field with all their hearts! If there is something waiting at the end of the day, let it come whether it is a defeat, draw or win.

We dont have anything to lose. Its Aus who have everything to worry. Let them handle the pressure. Let our players play whatever they can do from the basics.

We need to stick to the senses. God be with us!

arpsachin2
April 9, 2006, 12:32 PM
i would really love to see that.
even though i am an indian. i would want Bangla to beat the F#$% out of those CHEAP A$$ aussies:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spitfire_x86
April 9, 2006, 12:35 PM
Only if we can win, which is very unlikely.

After the day's play I took a nap and in dream I saw BD scored 570 something and Aussies were 67/5 (Mash 3, Rajib 2) at the close of 2nd day :fanflag:

Rubu
April 9, 2006, 12:37 PM
Rajin and pilot both are fighters and won't through their wicket, australians has to get it. however, all we have after that are parttimer batsman(!). I'm not expecting much from them against quality bowling. so, it all depends on how these two pass the first few overs. once the pitch dries up off morning moisture, they can put up a good show. I'm hoping at least 450. but it would be great if we can get our highest ever score! 476+

cricket_pagla
April 9, 2006, 01:16 PM
upset.. neah!.. its not that easy!..
but if we play like today.. i'm sure.. we're gonna bag this match..
:great:

israr
April 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
man, everyone 's havin' so many dreams

israr
April 9, 2006, 02:42 PM
Insha'Allah they'll all be true

bhobishshot
April 9, 2006, 03:16 PM
may be, if we are able to play out the 3 sessions today, and if we are able to take a first innings lead 100+, and we can extend the lead to 400+ in our second innings.

sar2005
April 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
Too early to comment. Right now all we want is out remaining batsman should not through away their wicket.

shamster
April 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by israr
man, everyone 's havin' so many dreams Wake up everyone ... ifyou wake up you will see that Bg have blown away for 188 runs and Australia are on 200/1.

If we win this boy that will shut people up.
Or will Ponting retract his comment and say well Test cricket actually does involve luck may I was wrong to say that .

Also May be we will sack boycotts mum as our secret batting coach.

Warne will shut up....
Dav might quit, hope not !
May be India will play us?

The future is bright the Future is Bangladesh Cricket!

:fanflag: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :bravo::flag:

Miraz
April 9, 2006, 04:02 PM
Its too early to comment about upset. We need to push them hard tomorrow and take some early wickets and only then we can dominate over them and think of a win :joy:

BTW Spit your avatar of 'real tiger' deserves top be changed after todays play by Tigers.

layperson
April 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
well if ppl dont dream then ppl will never achieve nething ..........only wen u dream of sth do u work towards achieving tht dream ... so fans like me will always dream on .... however i m still not sure abt BD batting in the second innnings... i think our bowlers will do a good job against aussie batters though .. specially rafiq nd enam will be pretty successfull... thts my prediction.... inshAllah as we dream of a win against these r*****s we will see it turn into reality on april 13th.... being xtremely optimistic here .....but wat the hell ... go bd go .....:fanflag:

Edited on, April 9, 2006, 9:08 PM GMT, by shahriyar.

Bancan
April 9, 2006, 04:09 PM
Go :flag:. i m not expecting a win but a draw is good enough. InshAllah we will do very good in this match

ekatturerBangalee
April 9, 2006, 05:41 PM
Why can't we win?
At the least I can dream till the 2nd day game starts :lol:

We have centurian like Rajin, Masud and Rafique. I am also counting Mashrafee.

This is TOTALLY unexpected by the Aussies after their brilliant win against South Africa.

They may go back to defensive mode and if we can take some quick wkts, anything can happen, right?

Well, I like to dream and I am dreaming now:great:

thebest
April 9, 2006, 05:46 PM
Do you know all the famous scientist/artist were dubbed as dreamer first. If we do not dream we can not achieve. Good post 71 er bangali.
I hope this time Bash is more pro-active. Provide some closein fielder for Enam and Rafiq provided that we cross 425 (which is the minimum I am hoping)

Nasif
April 9, 2006, 05:49 PM
Get prepared for crash landing all the dreams tonight :(

Ehsan
April 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
It ain't happening. I would be content if we can take it to the 5th day and show some fight.

ekatturerBangalee
April 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ekatturerBangalee
Originally posted by Nasif
Get prepared for crash landing all the dreams tonight :(

Wanna bet that there will be no crash landing tonight?:P

IanW
April 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
Pretty soon, it wont come down to dreaming - it will come down to disciplined, line-and-length bowling on a flat and turning pitch.

There's turn, and Bangladesh has one of the best SLAs around, and a kid who can flight it and turn it.

Bowl like Clarke did and Australia escape.

Bowl like Gillespie did and the question becomes 'How many are Australia going to need to get, and how long do they need to bat to save the game'.

Ian Whitchurch

zmahbub
April 9, 2006, 06:27 PM
Still 4 days to go. And of course we r worst at our 2nd innings always, so never know... but I'm hoping atleast for a draw

Sovik
April 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
If we can atleast take a lead of 180 and score 200 in second innings then we will create history

fwullah
April 10, 2006, 07:17 AM
"but I'm hoping atleast for a draw"

I am afraid that I will not be satisfied with just a 'draw'. <!-- / message -->

ekatturerBangalee
April 10, 2006, 07:19 AM
If we can force Aussies to follow on, that's #1 humiliation.

Next, if we can force them to play 2nd innings (following 'follow-on') before or right after lunch of the 3rd day, then we should be able to end their 2nd inning by 4th day. Aussies may score somewhere around 400-500 in 2nd innings.

5th day will be the decider ......
Watch a fantastic run chase by the BD team....

Ahh...Dreams do come true :-)

imran78
April 10, 2006, 07:22 AM
we must force them to follow on tomorrow if we want to have any chance of winning this test match. if we cant, then the best we can hope for is a draw. its gonna be hell facing mcgill and warne on such a turning pitch on the 4th and 5th day.

Rubu
April 10, 2006, 07:26 AM
I think we should get them out before the cross the 200 runs mark, but should not enforce follow on. As, a follow on would actually hurt their feeling and will fight back for all the worth.

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 08:15 AM
Only if we can win, which is very unlikely.

After the day's play I took a nap and in dream I saw BD scored 570 something and Aussies were 67/5 (Mash 3, Rajib 2) at the close of 2nd day :fanflag:
little bit of correction,BD 418
Aus 145/6

You should concentrate hard while dreaming,then they'll be more realistic ;D

ekatturerBangalee
April 11, 2006, 07:18 PM
It ain't happening. I would be content if we can take it to the 5th day and show some fight.

So far so good.

We manged to limit Aussies within 300.

Now we need to make another 60-100 runs.

5th day will be the decider. I am predicting the majic of Mashrafee, Rafique and Enamul again.

Ahhhh......sometimes dream do comes true :D

allrounder
April 11, 2006, 07:27 PM
after all this drama, at the end of the day the result will be the same old - another test lost by Bangladesh. But we will gain valuable experience and lessons to take from this test, show signs of improvement in many areas and show the media that we are a developing cricket nation and that we are improving so do not stop our progress.

that is all.

James90
April 11, 2006, 07:46 PM
We have plenty to lose. Still a very pathetic test record it's just going to get worse if we can't finish off this game. We did all the hard work and had the world champions on the ropes. It will be a test of character for them to finish off this game. Bangladesh have had the first innings lead on quite a few occasions but only won one test against Zimbabwe. If we butcher this game we will be labelled weak and rightfully so. Bangladesh need to learn how to win test matches. So long we've waited for a test victory over a strong nation and if it doesn't happen here it won't happen in Chittagong and we don't play another test for a year. Despite what people say we have a LOT to lose so now is the time to show mettle and play each ball on its merits and not lose heart while bowling.

IanW
April 11, 2006, 07:54 PM
after all this drama, at the end of the day the result will be the same old - another test lost by Bangladesh. But we will gain valuable experience and lessons to take from this test, show signs of improvement in many areas and show the media that we are a developing cricket nation and that we are improving so do not stop our progress.

that is all.

Test Cricket is a test of courage, of determination, and of spirit.

And, Sir, it is a test you, and many other alleged fans of this team, have failed.

Ian Whitchurch

Flipper
April 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
If you don't believe in yourself, you will never make it.

We call ourselves fans, and we don't believe in our team! What a shame! We need to find out first for our own sake why we support a team we think are losers!

allrounder
April 12, 2006, 02:15 AM
I dont think our team is a loser, I believe they are developing and improving with time.