PDA

View Full Version : Welcome everyone to vBulletin

Mahmood
April 9, 2006, 10:19 PM
We have moved out forum from XMB to vBulleting. It is quite different, offers lot more functionality.

It will take some time for all of us to learn this forum, let us all help each other on this learning process. Please post if you have a "how to question" and others will try to answer.

IanW
April 9, 2006, 11:15 PM
Pleased to be here.

Ian

Nasif
April 9, 2006, 11:19 PM
Just giving the note here aswel, some of the stuff such as bangla proper rendering, will be available soon. You can still post in bangla even though it might not appear correctly.

Tehsin
April 9, 2006, 11:20 PM
We are also in the process of changing the look and feel of the message board to mirror the rest of the site. Please be patient.

BappyHayat
April 9, 2006, 11:31 PM
Good Move Admins

Specially as we are growing...it was essential

Tintin
April 9, 2006, 11:34 PM
This looks really beautiful.

PS : The 'quick reply' icon isn't obvious to people who haven't used them.

layperson
April 9, 2006, 11:50 PM
i liked it when you had topics on the main page floating .... now I have to get into the forum and search for the topics.... well the new look is nice but i do not like change since i got used to the older one .... but i wud be very happpy if we could still hv threads floating in the main page...

Mahmood
April 9, 2006, 11:53 PM
It will be back in a few days, Nasif wrote it, he just have to modify it to use the vBulletin, no biggie.

Kamini
April 9, 2006, 11:58 PM
Vb looks great!

How can I upload my avtaar picture from my computer?

can someone send me pv. msg. and explain?

Spitfire_x86
April 10, 2006, 12:19 AM
āĻ*āĻŋ-āĻŦā§āĻ˛ā§‡āĻŸāĻŋāĻ¨ā§‡ āĻŦāĻžāĻ‚āĻ˛āĻž āĻ˛ā§‡āĻ–āĻž āĻŸā§‡āĻ¸ā§āĻŸ āĻ•āĻ°ā§‡ āĻĻā§‡āĻ–āĻ›āĻŋ

Spitfire_x86
April 10, 2006, 12:20 AM
āĻ¸āĻŽāĻ¸ā§āĻ¯āĻžāĻŸāĻž āĻ•āĻŋ?

Duck
April 10, 2006, 12:36 AM
Shuvessa thaklo...notun page upoharer jonno...............

Hope to see all the romantic elements came back from those old pages!!

great going BC! Proud to be a member of you!

Nasif
April 10, 2006, 12:41 AM
īŋŊ*āĻŋ-āĻŦā§āĻ˛ā§‡āĻŸāĻŋāĻ¨ā§‡ āĻŦāĻžāĻ‚āĻ˛āĻž āĻ˛ā§‡āĻ–āĻž āĻŸā§‡āĻ¸ā§āĻŸ āĻ•āĻ°ā§‡ āĻĻā§‡āĻ–āĻ›āĻŋ

Use the advanced editor, you can choose bangla font from the list and it will appear perfectly.

thebest
April 10, 2006, 12:54 AM
I can not use quick reply. It was saying selecting quick reply button but I can not find it.

Zunaid
April 10, 2006, 12:55 AM
Rhe quick reply is a bit strange. You have to click on the icon below the post to the right of quote.

Sami
April 10, 2006, 01:47 AM
ok really nice move.... :) liking it...

Shehwar
April 10, 2006, 01:56 AM
I still prefer the old style though.

Sami
April 10, 2006, 01:57 AM
It will eventually look like what it used to look like, if not better... so hang on tight and all shall be restored. VB is awesome... this move is for the best.

Nasif
April 10, 2006, 02:43 AM
bangla bbcode tag is active now.
āĻŦāĻžāĻ‚āĻ˛āĻž āĻŸā§āĻ¯āĻžāĻ— āĻ•āĻžāĻœ āĻ•āĻ°āĻ›ā§‡ āĻāĻ–āĻ¨āĨ¤

Dhurr
April 10, 2006, 02:59 AM
vbulletin bhalo jinish. good decision.

Spitfire_x86
April 10, 2006, 04:14 AM
Why are you using fixed size layout? Most of us use 1024 x 768 or higher resolution. Fixed size layout is a big waste of space. Implementation of percentage based layout would be highly appreciated.

AsifTheManRahman
April 10, 2006, 06:47 AM
nohohohohohohohohohohohohohooooooooooooo :(:(:( the uniqueness of the forum has been destroyeeeedddddddd :(

sunny747
April 10, 2006, 06:53 AM
i still can't use the quick reply.........i can't type any msg there....beside it's okie.....i think the number of msg per page should be increased..it's too less.....

yaseer
April 10, 2006, 06:54 AM
i liked the floating forum topics in the front page. it gave the idea which current topic members are discussing on

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 06:57 AM
The quick reply is not working for me either.
Its been a good move as almost all the forums i visit use vB or IPB or PHPBB,but BC was in a sense unique with xmb
I believe quick edit is availabe now,isnt it?

I want the old smilies back...........................i want it so much
and a green theme would be better.

yaseer
April 10, 2006, 06:58 AM
how can i activate my quick reply? i just cant activate it

ammark
April 10, 2006, 06:59 AM
New look and feel will need a bit of getting used to. I was just so accustomed to the XMB layout. Maybe Webmasters will go back to having that front end on this vBulletin. Great job nonetheless. Hope it resolves the forum traffic issues. :)

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:00 AM
Where are our moods?and why is my sig looking like this?:E

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:01 AM
The edit button is not working.....
I'm on mozilla 1.2

yaseer
April 10, 2006, 07:01 AM
banglacricket looked unique before......somehow at fisrt i am not very much liking it.........also not comfortable......looking like i am not playing at my home groung....playing away grounds....

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:07 AM
Will it change the server crash issue?
in in the thread display.it'd have been better if the number of the last page was displayed instead of just the word last page,like it did on XMB.

PLZ solve the Quick reply problem soon,its very irritating to every time going to another page just to post

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:10 AM
is private message number squeezed to 50?

reverse_swing
April 10, 2006, 07:11 AM
PLZ solve the Quick reply problem soon,its very irritating to every time going to another page just to post

It's working fine for me. This one is just next to Quote button.You need to press that button first.

yaseer
April 10, 2006, 07:15 AM
cant the thread color be red n green? its better than blue i think

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:17 AM
that is a way,but it is not the way to reply to the thread,its replying to the post,and you need to press the button before you are able to use the bix,but as long as i know,in vB the box is accessible without pressing any such button.Either the webmasters need to install a mod or they need to tweak some setting.
And the edit button is working for me.
At last,thanks a lot to r_s vai for giving me this tip,nai mamar cheye kana mama onek valo.

yaseer
April 10, 2006, 07:18 AM
how smile icons can be available on quick reply box?

abdulw11
April 10, 2006, 07:18 AM
I agree that BC was unique before because almost every other forum uses vBulletin. However I do think that this move has come about for the good of BC. I'm sure it feels weird for all of you (as it does me) but after a few days you will get used to it.

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:21 AM
i just changed post per page to 40,it works good for me.
Where is the setting for threads per page?

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 07:23 AM
vBulletin is good. I can see it has the rating feature!

Hoping to see the design back soon. Plz don't forget the smilies!

There's a problem with quote marks and apostrophes in the signature. It adds a backslash before each " or '.

tutul
April 10, 2006, 07:25 AM
i like it better than older one. looks great. thanks mods.

yaseer
April 10, 2006, 07:26 AM
what about floating topics on the home page? i liked that.......r u excluding that feature?

Navarene
April 10, 2006, 07:56 AM
I welcome this new VB feature, even though it will take quite some time to get habituated with the new one.

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 08:01 AM
quoting is a lot easier now.

Have the forums been rearranger?earlier the archieve was in the 2nd spot.

Nasif
April 10, 2006, 08:36 AM
what about floating topics on the home page? i liked that.......r u excluding that feature?

It will be back there soon.

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 09:07 AM
i am missing these thread icons too. :(

deshpremi
April 10, 2006, 09:14 AM
Can we not have a nice shade of green instead of the blue please?
Still looks nice though.

Nasif
April 10, 2006, 09:18 AM
Still looks nice though.

The design isn't complete yet. We just upgraded the software. The complete design (similar to old forum look and feel) will be up once its complete.

Spitfire_x86
April 10, 2006, 10:19 AM
Why we have to hit a quickly reply button to use quick reply? Club CDfreaks (forum of CDfreaks.com) also use vbulletin, but quick reply works there normally.

BC forums should take cdfreaks forums as a model to improve the new forum.

Mahmood
April 10, 2006, 10:31 AM
Ok, I have disabled the quick reply click required option. Enjoy...

Ahsan
April 10, 2006, 10:41 AM
great to see BC leaps to the next level. proud to be a BC'ian ever. Thanks to the hard working guys behind the scene. :up

Spitfire_x86
April 10, 2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks.

Please make the layout % based instead of fixed sized, as soon as possible.

Nasif
April 10, 2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks.

Please make the layout % based instead of fixed sized, as soon as possible.

Fixed layout has always been the case. It was never been percent based on old system.

Kana-Baba
April 10, 2006, 04:06 PM
I would like to thank moderators to put great effort. I think forum need a bit more fine tunning ...

sunniath
April 10, 2006, 04:10 PM
how can i go back from a thread to the forum page with all the threads listing?

Nasif
April 10, 2006, 04:16 PM

Click on the forum name on the top. Or scroll down, you will see forum jump, you can select your forum from there aswel.

Carte Blanche
April 10, 2006, 04:16 PM
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/5886/see21wj.jpg

Sovik
April 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
Still looks nice though.

that would be great

Zunaid
April 10, 2006, 04:23 PM
Just so you all are aware - we accelerated the migration because our old forum software was failing. We were planning to do this after we have had the chance to customize completely to help reduce the pain of learning a new system. Along the way some gremlins hopped along for the ride and we've had additional slowness and outages issues. We are trying to resolve those as priority one but in parallel are working behind the scenes to tweak the look and feel. Do feel free to offer suggestions and recommendations.

The blue will go :)

Bancan
April 10, 2006, 04:23 PM
great move. i use vbulletin in banglacommunity.com. so its easy for me to use this

sunniath
April 10, 2006, 04:29 PM
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/5886/see21wj.jpg
thanks bro.

ammark
April 10, 2006, 07:22 PM
Hmm, I tried changing the layout options. I dont mind the Test 1 and 2 things. Its more subtle and less in-your-face than the VBulletins default. Thanks guys. Hope your finetuning works out great.

Zunaid
April 10, 2006, 07:26 PM
Test 1 and Test 2 are entirely that. Tests. Be careful using them. They may change on you as we experiment and will evntually disappear. We might even have Test 9999 before we are through. :)

Tigers_eye
April 10, 2006, 07:29 PM
Question 1:
Previously I could give any number at the post per page (mine had 400, chinaman's were 100) option. Now I can only chose the highest number as 40. Is there anyway to tailor that number?

Thanks for the upgrade. Change is good. Every change will meet resistance, We tend to park our cars in the same spot.

fai_hasan
April 10, 2006, 07:35 PM
I didn't like the new look of this forum. This is too common and used in many forums. however, it is fast. Though the previous one was fast enough. Hope the Webmaster would consider this, and make some changes. The last one was really great.

mod.action: Both threads merged.

Carte Blanche
April 10, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'm afraid you are still using the default theme. Our admins are currently working on the new outlook, but in the meantime you can check out the "beta" themes that will give you an idea of how it's going to be in a few days. If you have any suggestions to improve them, feel free to post them.

You can change the themes by scrolling down to the bottom of the page where you will find a pull down menu with the "default style" selected. Choose from the testing themes.

GuruTM
April 10, 2006, 07:51 PM
With test1 and test2 it does not look that bad. I can now get an idea how it is going to look like. Wonderful work.

Zunaid
April 10, 2006, 07:55 PM
Now you can choose more....

amadergaan
April 10, 2006, 08:19 PM
Finally a very wise decision taken by the forum team of BanglaCricket...

vB is the best bulletin board software out there...we (AG) have been using it for the last 3 yrs..

hope to see some modules added...

Rabz
April 11, 2006, 08:11 AM
what happend to our old icons ??
can we still use them mate ??

the new look is good..guess it would take a bit time to get used to ..
but its good...

thnx for ur effort admins n mods

Orpheus
April 11, 2006, 10:20 AM
Guys I just searched for reputation, saw no result hence figured it wasn't discussed in this long thread.....

Reputation is a fascinating feature...How do you check people's reputation? I know I got 5 when I tried to give me some reputation, then I tried to view Mahmud's reputation and accidently gave him 1 too... DAMN!

Orpheus
April 11, 2006, 10:36 AM
ok I see where the reputation is? It's that little box under posts... Zunaid has disabled his reputaion.. haha.. .funny! advanced !

It is still unknown for everyone :)

Nasif
April 11, 2006, 10:45 AM
Guys I just searched for reputation, saw no result hence figured it wasn't discussed in this long thread.....

Reputation is a fascinating feature...How do you check people's reputation? I know I got 5 when I tried to give me some reputation, then I tried to view Mahmud's reputation and accidently gave him 1 too... DAMN!

Reputation is very good feature. I have activated reputation display. It will show up. now.

Spitfire_x86
April 11, 2006, 11:00 AM
Minimum 10 character requirement for a post is not necessary. Someone might prefer to use < 10 chars in answer to a poll.

And I think Username/User title+info/Avatar should be on the left of the post like before, instead of being on top of the post.

Spitfire_x86
April 11, 2006, 11:02 AM
Reputation is very good feature. I have activated reputation display. It will show up. now.
How do I disable the reputation feature?

Nasif
April 11, 2006, 11:05 AM
How do I disable the reputation feature?
Reput count is public, can't be disabled now.

James90
April 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
It's hideous but neccesary.

Flipper
April 11, 2006, 08:22 PM
Great to be here!

Thanks everyone who makes this possible everyday!

Spitfire_x86
April 13, 2006, 05:59 AM
Please disable the minimum 10 character limit for posts

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 06:17 AM
It is getting better everyday!! Initially I was a bit upset as the previous one was quite nice and easy to use.

But why it is very frequently showing 'Server is too busy@ ?

Can you please clarify Rep and Rep Power a bit more?

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 06:19 AM
When we will get back those smilies? I really miss some of them very much.

bdmoderator
April 14, 2006, 03:23 AM
vBulletin is great and much more good than the XMB.

Shafin
April 22, 2006, 05:22 AM
Please disable the minimum 10 character limit for posts
please..........

Mr-Cricket
June 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="70%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat">vBulletin Message</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center"> <!-- main error message -->The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
<!-- / main error message -->

<!-- <input type="submit" class="button" value="Go Back" accesskey="s" onclick="history.back(1); return false" />
--> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>